☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Tom, I always enjoy visiting with you.  Hoping you're doing okay.  Did Monica have her surgery?  Thinking of you my friend.

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Hi MW-- thanks for dropping in. I'm doing okay all things considered.  I've been hit by a bit of a wave the last week or so, lots of physical pain and a good dose of mind tricks to cope with.  It seems to have peaked and is waning now.  I'm going to ride this does for another week before sliding again.

We did manage top score one of the top surgeons in the world, but have to wade though all the HMO bull to get it done.  The first procedure is  scheduled for February.  They assigned us a coordinator to handle everything which really helps.  Monica's doing surprisingly well and is maintaining good spirits, but it sure feels like a long way off.

Hope things are well for you. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

Things settled down from the wave of a few weeks ago, so I went ahead and dropped today which officially puts me at 1mg.

I am getting very tired of the constant brain fog.  It ebbs and flows so it isn't bad all the time, but having to fight my way through it is getting tiresome.  The cold weather has really kicked up the aches and pains a few notches too. 

They have set a date, Feb 11, for Monica's first surgery.  She is quite excited.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thats great about the surgery being booked! Glad the wave is receding too. You're at 1mg now....thats awesome, congratulations!! I hear you on brain fog. It comes and goes with me too. Its like having to think in slow motion, and piece each thought together...annoying.

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

You're in the homestraight now .

Way to go Brassmonkey.

Hey i think you are closing in on Aberdeen.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Tom. Good for you hope the last log is easy on you.Brain and dizziness seem to be my busom buddies at the moment too.It sucks.Tried to keep busy so I don't think about it too much and did a painting today for my living room.Hubby and I are very pleased with it .☺

Been taking paroxatine for approx 15 years.Tried a few times yo stop but failed. Am currently on 3.5mg liquid

Jan 2016 been slow tapering paroxatine and i am currently at 2.9 mg and last drop was 5 weeks ago.

Started to feel awful about 3 weeks ago with brain ???? , shakes, blurred vision and dizzyness. ..

Want to wish a Joyous winter solstice to my northern friends and a Happy midsummer to those of you down under. 

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS to ALL))))))))))))))))))))

**Hugs back and Merry Christmas! ** I hope you and Monica will have a relaxing holiday!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Hi Monkeyshines! Calling you that because I think brassmonkey is shining with his 1mg status now! Here I am way at the other end of the spectrum but one day at a time for all of us. I'll be down to 1mg of one final drug in a few years! Thanks for the anniversary greeting on my thread. Glad to hear Monica's surgery date is set and your wave has waned. 

((((((((((((((( HUGS back to you and DW from me and DH )))))))))))))))  -- Chia

Read my intro here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7569-chia1214-tapering-lamotrigine-maybe-clonazapam-later/#entry110043

1975 Hospitalized and first exposure to psych. drugs age 13-15 Haldol, Tofranil, Cogentin, Thorazine. On and off numerous AD’s & AP’s no records until 2000

2000 Celexa, Clonazepam 1mg – never exceeded 1 mg except occasional emergency use

2004 Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Effexor, recall add-on trials of Lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin during this time also

2007 Lithium added, switch Effexor to Pristiq, still on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) Clonazepam. Some cold turkey quits of everything over the years. No knowledge of WD

2011 Lithuim Gabapentin Lunestra, Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam

2012 Taken off all but Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam, began Zyprexa

2013 Abilify replaced Zyprexa (high lipids) added Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall

2014 Discontinued Abilify, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall, added Latuda, Quetiapine, then stopped those.

December 2014 Found SA Began slow taper of the only remaining two drugs I'm taking

Clonazepam 0 mg Benzo free as of May 30, 2017

Lamotrigine 0 mg as of Jan 7, 2018   

• Moderator Emeritus

Tom,

Good news you are through your wave.  I hope the brain fog eases.  Hate that symptom.

Glad Monica is set for surgery and looking forward to it.  All the best on that.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Want to wish a Joyous winter solstice to my northern friends and a Happy midsummer to those of you down under. 

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS to ALL))))))))))))))))))))

Hey how do we know for sure that Santa is a man?

Cos no woman would ever be seen wearing the same outfit year after year.

Have a good one Brass.

nz11

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been an active member here for just over a year now.  It seems a lot longer in many ways as people have been so welcoming and great to work with. It's hard to believe that I went from Newbie to Moderator in just a few months, I can't even describe the feelings.  Helping others along their path has been such a great help to me.

The changes in my "condition" have been profound.  I was just rereading some of my early posts and can clearly recall how I was feeling at the time.  I arrived here on 2.4mg and as of last week I am at 1.0mg.  All of the symptoms I am still feeling are about a quarter of what the were a year ago, and some have gone completely.  I don't want to list them because I don't want to give them credence or acknowledgement so they will stay gone.  The symptoms that are still here I have better learned to tolerate and work around so they are having a much smaller impact on my life.

My social interactions, thinking and creativity are all improving by leaps and bounds.  I find this very exciting as 2016 is going to be a big year for life transitions and they will play a big part in it.  We have Monica's health challenges to work through in the next few months.  Then we hit the big change with my retirement the first part of May.  It's a significant milestone that I'm really trying to wrap my head around. Excitement and trepidation at the same time, but my head will be clear to work through it.  If my math is correct the next big change will come before midsummer when I make the big jump to "0".  Both events years in the making and now just about to happen.  I'm having a cathartic little cry right now because D*** I made it!!!!!!

For all my SA friends, PP friends who made it over here, those I talk to regularly, those who've gone walk-a-bout and the ones I meant just today, I hope your year has been as healing and that next year at this time you are greatly improved.

((((((((((((((((((((((New Years HUGS to ALL))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Moderator Emeritus

That's such a nice and positive summary and outlook Brass :)

You have left such a big mark here that it indeed feels like we've had a pleasure of knowing you longer.

Best wishes for the year with so many important milestones :) Hugs, B. 

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Brass,

I loved to read that post - so heartwarming, so encouraging.  I feel so happy for you.  You need a sun symbol by your name. 

Many good wishes and hugs to you and your wife,

KarenB

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Well my self imposed break hasnt lastest long....i can say 2016 is looking pretty amazingly significant  for you for sure...

And ya doc still thinks you are on 20mg .... gee he is in for a shock in 2016 !

Just phenomenal.

Recovering paxil addict

Oh, this is the best of all we hear for the new year!

You are such a star Brass with your humanity and strength helping others and fighting through the impossible!

So happy for you and for all of us for such an inspiring update!

Big hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Yeh Brass ! Awesome to hear mate. Happy new year to you. I think 2016 is going to be an AMAZING year.

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Great post, Tom, and so good to hear.

Here's to more healing in 2016.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy New Year, Brassmonkey!  Let's hope we all have an amazing year in 2016.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Happy New Years Brass...its been a long trip, glad we were able to travel together! I think this will be a good year for many of us!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Thank you all for the New Years greeting and support.  Having your wonderful company long for the ride makes things so much easier. Two more days of freedom then back to work.

Starting week three at 1mg, so far so good. (knock on wood)

The week back at work has been pretty much a non event, as I was expecting.  Only problem has been the cold (for So. Cal.) that tends to make me stiff and sore, not to mention playing merry h*** with some of the chemical processes I have to work with.  No rain today so I get to have lunch with the squirrels at the cemetery, it's been a few weeks. 

OMG I had a zap last night.  I'm surprised as I've only had six or seven over the entire time I've been drugged.  I'm fairly certain it was brought  on by recent changes.  Last weekend I started playing video games.  I don't usually but thought that a concentration sort of game would help with healing the cognitive problems.  So I have taken up "Bejeweled Blitz" and rather enjoy it.  After the first "session" I could feel the congestion in my brain which cleared after a few hours rest and steadily improved over the course of the week.  Yesterday, life ended yo being more in intense than usual for a Friday.  I missed my nap, let myself get too hungry, watched some very stimulating TV and then played a long period of BB.  By the end of it I could really feel the congestion. Then just after going to bed ZAP, side to side just in front of the ears.  I could feel it start up and spread across and fade away complete with a metallic sparking sound. Looks like I need to cut back on the gaming a bit and allow time for the brain to settle between times.

Gees, it seems we have to keep our eyes open all the time not even one day or minute. I hope it subside quickly with full care catching up. ME too, with about 2 week very clear window forgetting about the whole thing then hit again with the nasty symptoms coming back and I'm pretty sure they are caused by overworking my Bain, body handling too much stree from Holiday break.

Hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Brass, that wasnt a pleasant experience, I can imagine. I had a few zaps too, but much milder.

You will be fine. Take it easy with the video games until you are off.

Hugs!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ew, I've never had a zap.  It sounds freaky.  The closest thing I've had was a kind of 'ice-pick' stabbing sensation in the head.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Oh no .sounds yukky.I think I had a few zaps way back but not really sure .It would hsppened like a crashing symbol noise so loud in my head and ears and really jolt me.Is that a zap ?

Been taking paroxatine for approx 15 years.Tried a few times yo stop but failed. Am currently on 3.5mg liquid

Jan 2016 been slow tapering paroxatine and i am currently at 2.9 mg and last drop was 5 weeks ago.

Started to feel awful about 3 weeks ago with brain ???? , shakes, blurred vision and dizzyness. ..

I only ever had one experience like that and it sounded like grains of rice falling on a sheet on tinfoil (I pictured that as I lay there hearing it) it was weird. Only once though. I know Bejewelled Blitz. that was a standby for a long time for me to kill time but sometimes the explosions were too much as we had a sub woofer bass speaker under the computer table and I would have to shut the volume off. Also the visuals remionded me of what was going on in my brain and it freaked me out (back in the chemical fear phase i went thru) lol.

I really never know what to do with myself, play it safe and be restful or try to push myself more. lately for me its just a steady grind of mild depression and apathy, so hard to do anything anymore. Its been so unflinching (no windows) that Im sadly beginning to think this is it for the healing. Im on such a low dose surely Im healed now and whats left is the real me...not happy thoughts thats for sure. Sometimes I get caught up in the old PP philosphy that theres very little impact below 1mg so I never know what to think at this point. Maybe I should look at those graphs again.

As for you, hopefully no more zaps. Glad back to work wasnt too crazy also.

Thank you for the wonderful comments ladies.  I took things easier yesterday and didn't have any problems.  This is a new phase of healing so I'm going to have to feel my way for a while and test the limits.  In just the week I've been playing I can feel some of the cob webs clearing out, but want to be really careful not to trip anything off.

Aberdeen-- I saw you on my share list, but didn't want to assume as it looked like you hadn't played in a while.  I have to keep the sound muted too, but the explosions are pretty fun to watch.

I remember Timinjapan feeling a lot the same way around the time he jumped off.  WD continued to bother him a bit for about nine months after the jump but finally cleared to the point he isn't bothered at all now.  I suspect we will have similar experiences with our tapers being so similar.  Keep the faith the end is in view.

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

LOL...Im still in the list? Yes that would be me. i played daily for a long time. I think its been a year or so that i havent. partly because i use a laptop now and its just not the same, i can get up to my old speed without a mouse. I bet if I heard that guy say "SPECTACULAR" i would have some sort of wd relapse,lolol.

I recall Tims story so well...but at the time I paid little attention to his actual dose. Did he taper below 1mg? I just dont like the steadiness of this funk...i spend far more time in it than i ever do out. Im starting to think wd has changed my chemistry, hormones, adrenal fucntion...something...and I have no idea what if anything to do. But possibly its still just a waiting game. Hard to ever know.

Oooo!!!!! look at all the pretty colors.  Had a migraine aura last night, haven't had one of those in a couple of years.  So far 14 hours and no headache so I think I got off pretty easy.  As soon as I saw it starting I made myself relax and not panic.  I've had them before and they are harmless in and of themselves, the headaches or seizures they can for shadow  are another story.  It lasted about fifteen minutes, then I felt off for an hour or so, but the rest of the evening was fine.  A little research told me that they are related to serotonin and dopamine interactions.  What I find interesting is that I started playing a video game two weeks  ago with the specific purpose of stimulating my frontal lobe to help in recovery.  Then in the next two weeks I get both zaps and auras neither of which I have had in ages.  The other thing I've noticed is that my floaters are not as prominent today.

Lowered my dose today by dropping to 12mgpw which brings me to 0.96mgai.

Hi brassmonkey

I hope you are feeling well today. Sounds like you were enjoying your video games and hit with nasty brain zaps I'm glad you don't get them all the time.

Hardy

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

Hey Brass, great to see you below 1 mg. and you too Aberdeen. Funny you mentioned timinjapan and the 9 month thing because aside from a little crappy feeling last night I am doing real well at my 9 month mark right now. You're a legend brass, hang in there, it only gets better.

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Congratulations Brass for making your great milestone!

God, how possibly anyone else could understand such an achievement, or even believe what it means to us!

Hope it goes mildly.

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

Bejewelled Therapy! Love it. Do you play the Blitz/ my daughter was playing today and i felt like I could totally get abck into it again. Maybe I shoudl try. Just for the therapeutic value of course. Not because I love the Cat Eye laser kitty.

Well I was hoping that I'd get away with it this time, but the WDs caught up with me this morning.  Not bad, just enough to get in the way.  I realized what was happening about an hour into it and was able to relax and roll with it.  The agro and such are pretty manageable but the aches and pains jumped a couple of notches and the tolerance to them went down some.  If it's true to recent form things should clear some by late afternoon.

Aberdeen-- I haven't been able to find the original game so I started out on the Blitz.  The short time frame is a little frustrating as things just get good about the time the round is ending.  If you do start to play again you'll be rich. I think I have inadvertently been spamming you with free coins.  The therapeutic value is there, I can see some improvements in my cognitive stuff in just the couple of weeks I've been playing.  Its not with out side effects though.  I'm pretty sure the zap, aura and a few other cranial sensations have been triggered from the extra exercise.