brassmonkey

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Hi Frank-- I'm so glad you could make it over.  Quite a lot of people made it over so there are a bunch or familiar names.  The people we have invaded are great too, very helpful and a ton of knowledge.  I'm really happy I could help you.  Being able to share my experiences had been a big key to my recovery so it goes both ways.

nz11

Tom good luck with the next slide sequence. Was reading about sa's micro-tapering and it sounded very much like a 'brassmonkey slide' .

Yes can relate to the power of suggestion ...reading some of the stories that come in is sometimes ...well ...not easy.

Stardancer

You need to check out post #898 in the PP is Closing thread.  MapleleafGirl has found the group and is looking for you.  Said the site got shut down before she could finish a PM to you about Facebook.

MapleleafGirl

Hi Brassmonkey:) i sent you a a PM:) glad to see you here! i just joined up yesterday!

brassmonkey

Hi MLG-- I so glad you found us.  Got the PM. There are a ton of the old crowd here and a lot of really great new people to meet.

Thanks Stardancer, I'll take a look at it.

Micromonster

Brass, My theory about this subtitling dream is that it's about this group (SA), it's how we communicate, and we were represented in your dream as barely seen friends as people in This group, we don't see in person in our day to day lives, just communicate through "subtitles". We can't always relate to how we feel ourselves, hence the autocorrect and missing words. Your neighbour in his new van couldn't answer because he's not in this group, and maybe you don't talk to him about the things we talk about here, hence the fact you couldn't communicate with him.

I love dreams, they are our brains way of processing out thoughts. I still dream about smoking, even though I gave up ages ago. In fact last night, I dreamt I picked cig butts up and smoked them!

Ever

I like it micro.    I like this interpretation.   :)

julieann

Howdie BM.

Hope that you are well xx

steeley

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to put my hand up and stay in touch. 

Hope your slide went well, and yes can relate to your great description of "how it sometimes feels".  I'm only 5ft 3" and it sometimes does look along way down sometimes.  Time/space all gets thrown out of kilter.  Sometimes it looks/feels that I have MORE space around me, other times constricted.

I read I think from Micro, that there is a post #898 which discusses the closure of PP.  I didn't think that we could access that post following the closure PP?

Someone else (? sorry) asked whether you were going to create an avatar for yourself and was wondering thesame myself?

I can't import one yet because my computer can't cope, chops and changes just like WD.  E.G.  Can now use 'smilies', at least for this day.

I'm tossing up between molten metal getting poured from a crucible or a dead duck, and everyone has been so helpful finding images of same I might have to find a molten duck.

Just glad that we are all hooking up somehow or other and am trying to re-connect with all old and new friends.

Been in a window for a WHOLE WEEK!  Ain't life grand when this happens? :wub: Luvin' life.

I'm so glad that people have made it over here, helps me in more ways than one :o and now my 'smilies' are working whereas before they were 'greyed' out and couldn't access them.  Don't want people to think I'm playing silly buggers because my computer REALLY IS ready for the scrap heap. 

brassmonkey

That's pretty much the way I saw it micro.  Never heard of anyone having subtitled dream though that was something new.

Hi Julieann, it's good to see you, hope you're doing well.

The avatar is way down on the "I'll get to it" list at the moment, I really need to get it done though.  Other stuff has a bad habit of cropping up and getting in the way.  First week of the slide had treated me well, nothing out of the ordinary.  I have been very stiff and sore all week but that probably has more to do with the cold and rain.  The rental we got while Monica's car is being repaired is a pickup truck.  So we are taking advantage of that to haul another load of stuff to the storage shed and pick up some book cases that a friend is getting rid of.  All this in the pouring rain.  Made me think I was back in London.  Now we are home and warm again and heading out for dinner in just a bit.

aberdeen

have fun with the pick up truck. We need a load of fire wood, you deliver up here?

brassmonkey

I have a whole load of aged California Ceder available, but I charge mileage. lol

Looks like this slide is going to be a rough one.  Last week went pretty well, but it's hitting me big time today.  Very agitated at work, and the other people didn't help the situation any, or the freezing cold shop, or the schitzoide computer.  I was able to maintain fairly well by avoiding people.  When I got home Monica knew immediately. First time in months I've had "paxil eyes".  Oh well I've had a nice window for many weeks now, so I guess it's time to pay for it.

Junior

I'd be agitated by stupid people at work and a temperamental computer too.  Hope a new window opens for you soon.

Ever

'paxil eyes' lol.   Love it.   Hugs Tom!

steeley

Do you get the smooth muscle of your of face appear as though it is dribbling down your face?  Whole face drops.  It's a good look ;) .

Ever

Oh Tom - thanks for the laugh!  :)

brassmonkey

Glad you enjoyed my misery. LOL  Actually I try to laugh at it when ever I can 'cause it lightens its grip.  It is really a very distinct  look. The main thing is the dead look in the eyes.  The pupils are large, black and lifeless.  The eyelids droop as does the rest of the face.  I can really physically feel it when it happens.  Things lightened a bit during the evening but I did feel a marked lack of emotion.  This morning the intrusive thoughts are the big problem.  I get one batch shut down and another subject crops up, just a constant bombardment.  I can still fell the eyes doing their thing.  I think that there was a bit of a warning on Sunday night because I was having a lot of leg twitches, which I haven't had in a while, also my desire for sweets is rising which is a sure sigh of stress of some sort.  Just when I was starting to make a little headway on the weight too, wouldn't ya know it.

KittyQ

Okay, glad to know I'm not the only one with the paxil face and eyes!  I have noticed  when it's not there...I look like a normal person for a while.  Wow.  So many weird symptoms this stuff causes.  I thought it was just me.  So, perhaps one day we all won't look so bad.  The intrusive thoughts, too...such a nuisance...they just hammer away.  

Big (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) for you, Brass.  

Micromonster

Hope things are looking up brass, I think it's great you are so self aware, even down to knowing craving sugar means your stressed. Sending you hugs.

alaskamom

I get that face too.  It's more haggard and pale and flaccid for me.  I also get the twitches.  None right now though.  Sad to hear you are in a bad spot.  So happy Monica can spot it and help you out :)

brassmonkey

More of the same. Intrusive thoughts and agitation for the most part.  The brain fog has been rising this morning and I really seem to be misjudging spaces, missing things when I reach for them, tripping over things more that usual.  I am also very stiff which is making it hard to move.  Funny thing is that my typing seems to be pretty good today, unlike it has been for the past few weeks.

mustangwoman

I'm sorry that you're having a rough go at it.  The winter doesn't seem to help.  I hope you are feeling less paxilized soon.

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

AmyK

So happy to see you here, Tom! I just joined.

Amy K (from Pp)

Brandy

Hi, Tom,

I often saw your posts on PP. Forgive me that I haven't caught up on your whole thread here.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time lately. Have you read the "fact sheet" about when you get to the lower doses? (I'll try to find it if you have trouble locating it.) (Or DW5600 will probably beat me to it lol.)

But I'm thinking you might need to adjust your taper a bit more now. (Forgive me if this has been discussed in your earlier posts. Don't have time to read all atm.) Your sig says:

... When I hit 3mg it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.

Current dose 2.3mg 01-05-2015

I understand the difficulty you've had measuring those small lower doses. But I'm concerned that dropping in equal amounts, even though you've lengthened the time intervals, might be causing you problems given the nature of end of taper low doses, since this way the percentage of drop is increasing even though holding slightly longer after dropping.

Have you tried getting - or making your own - liquid, for making precise small doses where percentage of drop decreases rather than (effectively) increases? Also holding even longer between drops, small as the drops are?

Again, disregard if I'm duplicating past discussion either here or in the past on PP.

Hope you feel better soon!

brassmonkey

Hi Amy K--  I am so glad you found us, I was worried about you.  I hole everything is going well.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

brassmonkey

Brandy-- Thanks for the help.  I am in the "sorting out the information stage" of trying to decide what to do.  The information about occupancy rates and the like at lower doses in new to me.  Such things didn't get discussed at Prior Place, but they make a lot of sense.  Getting the liquid would be a major pain in the *** as I no longer use the Dr that did my prescriptions, and my current Dr doesn't know about it and I don't want to bother explaining.  Making my own is a possibility.  The three slides of 1mgpw works out to 10% for the total drop.  Right now I am thinking that I will hold each slide for 2 weeks instead of the usual one and then have a two week hold tacked on the end.  My symptoms are not all that bad, just all the more noticeable because I came off of a really nice extended window, but I'd really like to diminish them as much as possible.

MatGMax

I feel for you brass monkey.

I had to make the decision after dropping to 2.5 mg lexapro that I waa still 2 years off zero dose.

It is disheartening.

I am finding miltiple doses of magnesium through the day helps. Also exercise.

But that is just me and it might just be a window.

I'll be making up liquid lexapro to drop from 2.5 mg to 0 over the next 2 years.

Good luck!

Hope you find a path through!

brassmonkey

Tinnitus is up more that usual and I've been having flashes of migraine aura.  Hopefully it won't develop into anything but there is a bit of nausea and head tightness going along with it that is making me nervous. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help.

Petunia

Hi Tom,

I just caught up with your thread and when reading about your increased symptoms, I had the same thoughts as Brandy, now that your dose is so low, you may need to decrease the percentage of your cut, even though you are doing longer holds.

But as you wrote, you are still sorting through the info before making a decision.  Most likely, you have found all the associated links, but in case you haven't, here are a few with some relevant discussions and ideas.

Micro-taper instead of 10% or 5% decreases

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

The slowness of slow tapers

Of course, if you don't mind having increased symptoms with each cut and are happy to just ride them out each time, then there is no need to change anything.  But its usually possible to keep symptoms after a cut minimal by reducing the percentage.  That first link explains how.

I hope you are feeling better after a good nights sleep.

Micromonster

Hey brass, sending you hugs and giving you a stalk xxxx

brassmonkey

Thanks for dropping in Micromonster  XXXXXX hugs back.at you.

Just got back from the Industrial Medicine Clinic.  Major (LOL) accident at work yesterday.  I was moving some stuff on a cart when the load shifted and I ended up with a torn ligament in my left pinkie finger. Nothing disastrous but it hurts pretty good.  Not much they can do about it but tape it to my ring finger and try not to work it too hard.  So far they can send 2015 back where it came from.   

Ever

oh Tom.    Bugga!

I'm with you.   2015 is a bit of a ### at the moment.   Did you hear I smacked my car into a kerb at 80kph?   It's in the mechanics now waiting for appraisal, and I've had to rent a car.   sigh.....

dalsaan

Hi BrassMonkey,

Sorry to hear about your accident and your recent slide into a wave of symptoms.  Im not on Paxil, Im on Mirtazapine but I have found these lower doses harder to manage in terms of dropping small/slow enough to avoid symptoms.   I really get the occupancy rate stuff.

I manage this with a compound liquid but many people make their own.   I'd really give that some thought and then rethink your taper strategy to give you a more gently drop.

Hope 2015 turns in a better direction for you.

Dalsaan

alaskamom

You sure are having a rough run of things! I am sorry to hear about your finger. How long will it have to be restricted? Is the tooth still coming along? Praying for you....

brassmonkey

Thanks Ladies-- the finger will be on limited use for a week or so.  It' slowing me down a little, but not a whole lot.  I made an elastic band to keep it secured to the ring finger when I don't need a lot of dexterity, so far it seems to be working pretty well.  I go in on Friday to get crown fitted over the root canal.  It took a couple of days for the pain to subside, but since then the tooth has been fine.  The WD symptoms have settled in at a livable level.  Yea Dalsaan and Petu it looks like the low doses are going to be tricky to navigate.  The 1mgpw (pill weight) works out to 1/12th of a mg active ingredient so I think it is going to be more a matter of timing.  We shall see, I'm still open to making my own liquid though.

alaskamom

BM, glad to hear you are getting some relief.  I am interested in how you will be doing the liquid when the time comes.  I am thinking of doing the same thing, but a little scared I will do it wrong.  Have a happy Hump Day ! :)