SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Susu: New Here In Need of Help!

susu

• Administrator

Whatever supplements you try, try only a very small amount of one at a time.

If you try a bunch of new things at once, if you have a bad reaction, you won't know which was bad for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susu

• Altostrata

• Jemima

• Skyler

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I was referring to my-b tabs by legere which is adenosine sublingual that Alto mentioned in a post.

I looked it up here on the forum, sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Teetering tottering on whether to take the extra ativan. Still taking the one .5mg . Don't know how long I can hold on!

Whatever dose you decide upon, you need to commit and hold steady, or you will needlessly aggravate WD symptoms.

And whether .25 or .5 mgs, you need to take Ativan BID (as discussed, there are ways to cut small doses of ativan). Do WD symptoms build up before you take Ativan, do you feel somewhat relieved after you take it?? What may have been routine PRN changes in the past will be more difficult, as your body is now sensitized to psychotropics.

When you make adjustments it's harder for Alto to determine how the AD dose is effecting you so the fewer changes the better.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Ok, I need to divide my .5mg into equal parts. I will have to put in liquid. Suggestions?

I tried to half my .5mg but can't get it equal to take in 2 doses.

Taking around 9 and 4.

My anxiety/depression has increased. I think about going back and trying 100mg neurontin but know I shouldn't add more drugs to the mix.

Could the paxil increase my anxiety/depression?

The skin cancer has really increased my dep/anx also. I am having a hard time dealing with it at this time. I am so saddened by this health issue. I don't like facing what I have become. I don't know who I am anymore. How do I function anymore? The days don't seem to be getting any better.

Whine, whine, whine

signing off again, Susu, from the ICU unit of surviving antidepressants

on SSRI's/benzo for 25 years plus, recently pull off them too suddenly by Pysc nurse

last year was switched from lexapro, zoloft, viibryd,paxil. Got sick trying to go back

on. My system is messed up and is hypersensitive. Nausea, anxiety Quit clonipin and take .5mg ativan.1xday So withdrew from klonopin and SSRI.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

Take 50mg. trazodone for sleep along with melatonin

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

“I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning,” said Alice a little timidly; “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

• Moderator Emeritus

Are there other options besides the magnesium? Like the Seriphos and take the my-B tabs I read about at nite?

Thx again! :)

No to both. Anxiety is a withdrawal symptom and there is no magic potion, herb, or drug that will fix it immediately. Withdrawal anxiety is something all of us have had to endure. In fact, the more you mess around with supplements and dosage changes, the worse you'll likely feel.

Here is lots of information on supplements from the Symptoms and what helps section of this forum:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/606-important-topics-about-tests-supplements-herbs-treatments/

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

"I am also taking two .5mg ativan this seems to help a little"

I did that one day. but Slyler said that I would be increasing my benzo if I did this. Also isn't 12 hours apart a little long for ativan. It would be better to take three times a day in order to avoid interdose withdrawals. There is a way to make 1 mg into three doses maybe in a liquid.

I might be able to get liquid Ativan from the Dr. in a month. Usually at the free clinic they are very set in their ways and I have never seen this Dr. before.

thx for your help.

on SSRI's/benzo for 25 years plus, recently pull off them too suddenly by Pysc nurse

last year was switched from lexapro, zoloft, viibryd,paxil. Got sick trying to go back

on. My system is messed up and is hypersensitive. Nausea, anxiety Quit clonipin and take .5mg ativan.1xday So withdrew from klonopin and SSRI.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

“I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning,” said Alice a little timidly; “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

• Administrator

Hey, everybody, we all want to help Susu, let's keep in mind that stability is key and that changes should be made one at a time.

Don't go up or down in an antidepressant and up or down in a benzo at the same time.

Susu, since you've just added Paxil, don't make a lot of changes in your benzo. Keep everything very steady, like you're in a rowboat. Don't make any sudden moves to rock the boat.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

"I am also taking two .5mg ativan this seems to help a little"

I did that one day. but Slyler said that I would be increasing my benzo if I did this. Also isn't 12 hours apart a little long for ativan. It would be better to take three times a day in order to avoid interdose withdrawals. There is a way to make 1 mg into three doses maybe in a liquid.

I might be able to get liquid Ativan from the Dr. in a month. Usually at the free clinic they are very set in their ways and I have never seen this Dr. before.

thx for your help.

I apologize that there's been confusion about what you're supposed to do and I've removed some of my posts and others accordingly. The moderators and Administrator are now putting their heads together so as to clarify things for us and for you. Just keep doing what you've been doing for now. Your current anxiety and depression is probably from taking extra Ativan one day and then not the next, rather than from the Paxil. Again, I'm sorry for the mix-up. :(

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

Susu, we're very confused about your benzos and I apologize if you're getting confusing suggestions from the different people who are trying to help you.

Thx everyone for your concern and help! I did a 2 week taper on A/D and then started to wean off .5mg klonopin to .25 in just a few weeks which I realize was way too fast. I know I came off A/D too fast also. To make matters worse, I take .5mg of ativan during the day and used .5mg klonopin to sleep. After discontinuing the klonopin, I had terrible withdrawal pains that have gotten somewhat better. I have been in bed sick for the most part of 2 months from W/Ds. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel or what? Thx, you guys!

I quit both around the same time. I quit paxil with the usual 2 week taper the Dr, recommended. I quit klonopin in the same why over 2-3 weeks. since I take .5 ativan in the day, I was thinking of taking an extra .5mg ativan in evening. My last prescription was for ativan and it reads .5mg ativan BID. I only took 1 a day. Welcome to suggestions and thx for your time

yes, .5mg of klonopin was the most i ever took and I used that at night. I have always been taking .5mg ativan during the day,mostly 1 day- two on ocassion. This cycle has been going on for years. I am still not stabile on the ativan. Was it ok to take 2 .5mg. I am still in the house trying to work out my physcial problems. Will my depression get better? My prescription on ativan has always read .5mg 3 x day and has been that way over 20 years. I usually didn't need 3 when I had a good antidepressant working.

Please answer these questions clearly:

1. When did you start taking Klonopin? How much were you taking? Did you take it every day? At what time of day did you take it? When did you stop?

2. When did you start taking Ativan? How much are you taking? Do you take it every day? At what time of day do you take it? Did you change dosage at some point?

Question 1. - I started taking Klonopin at night, I think around 5 years ago. I took perhaps a total of .5mg, perhaps. .25mg before sleep and .25 in the middle of the night. This was a pretty normal schedule for that.

The klonopin was always more effective to me as far as relaxing goes.

Question 2 - Ativan was started 25 yrs ago, prescription read .5mg 3 times a day, I never took that much. Perhaps 1 or maybe 2 at most. If antidep. worked, I could stay at one.

The klonopin was the one I depended on as far as calming me down the most. It was more effective on me. I really think I am having withdrawals from that still and the .5mg has not stabilized me.

I hope I answered your questions and thank you all for your concern! Susan

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

I see in your signature it says you started the Paxil on the 26th. Have you taken it every day since then?

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi susu

The moderators have been discussing your situation. It's difficult to know what to recommend given that you went off the benzo and Paxil at the same time and may be withdrawing from either or both of those. The important thing is to make a decision and stick to iit for a while so you can monitor the effects and stabalise

Give the likelihood that you are experiencing klonopin withdrawals we recommend that you take 1 tablet (.5mg) of atvian morning and night (1mg total for the day) preferably 12 hours apart and continue taking the Paxil as discussed. This does mean an increase of your regular dose of atvan from 1 tablet per day to 2 tablets.

It's important to note that we are not medical practitioners. This is a recommendation based on you coming off klonopin and Paxil at the same time. If you are in withdrawal from the klonopin taking additional atvian may help, it may not. There are no guarantees given you stopped taking your medications two months

Ultimately the decision on what you take and how you take it is up to you

Please let us know what you have decided and then stick to it to see what happens and to allow your nervous system the time to adjust and stabalise

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

yes, I have taken the paxil everyday since beginning on the 26th.

Why take the ativan so far apart? Wouldn't it be better to take 1mg and divide in 4 doses throughout the day. So i don't have w/d inbetween. Just asking. susan And thx as usual

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

It might be but it's more difficult to do and to do well

Apprehensive about the increase. Does Alto agree with this course of action?

Thank you again!

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto was in on the conversation. There are no guarantees. No one has the answer. If you are apprehensive and don't want to do it, don't do it. But make a decision and stick to it for a couple of weeks to see what happens

Seems I could put in 1 mg in 100ml. and divide into 25ml doses and take 5 hours apart or so. That would be a more steady flow into my system,I think????? I would feel more comfortable doing this.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Seems I could put in 1 mg in 100ml. and divide into 25ml doses and take 5 hours apart or so. That would be a more steady flow into my system,I think????? I would feel more comfortable doing this.

Susan, we need to find out what you need to use as a diluent for ativan. You may have to use more than just water.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Ok if you are comfortable with that. Just keep it consistent in terms of times and dose of all medications. Monitor what happens in terms of the effects and come back on here and report what's happening for you

Good luck

I'm hoping this strategy works to stabalise you and then you can develop a strategy to taper off meds

Dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Apprehensive about the increase. Does Alto agree with this course of action?

Thank you again!

Alto and all of the Staff are in agreement. Skyler also agrees to this plan of action.

Taking your Ativan in four doses is an alternate course of action that is workable. If you feel you can cut the pills accurately or make a good solution (directions here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/) as you have with the Paxil, that is another way to go. In the case of dosing two times a day or four times a day, see what works best for you. If you are most comfortable spreading the dose out over four times a day, then try that first.

You are not increasing your benzo dose. When you were taking Ativan and Klonopin you were taking the equivalent of 1.5 mg. of Ativan. So with two pills a day, you are taking only 1.0 mg. Ativan. Since you seem to feel reasonably good at this level, we think this is the right course of action for the time being. Once you feel stable for several weeks, then we can talk about getting off of Paxil very, very gradually so it doesn't disturb your nervous system.

Ok then, tomorrow I will make a solution of 1mg ativan in 100ml and take 25ml 4 times a day. 8, 1, 6 and bedtime. I feel alright with this plan. And continue with the paxil 2mg liquid.

Good to be on same page and looking forward to some better days. hugz, susan

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Super. I hope this improves how you are feeling. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

To be clear, taking 1mg ativan IS an increase from the .5 you were taking. But it's not an increase in the overall amount of benzo you were taking when you were on both atvian and klonopin

The idea of taking the extra Ativan is to (hopefully) counteract possible withdrawal from Klonopin, to help sleep etc. It's not without it's risks. You could have an adverse reaction from the increase and get worse symptoms.

Unfortunately we don't have a crystal ball and can't say for sure what will happen. We can only give you info/advice and continue to offer you support. Let us know how you get on

Dalsaan

How long can I hold on with this unbearable depression? The ativan doesn't seem to help with my nerves and the depression has gotten worse over the past week. I did try Suntheanine chewables and that did give me some relief for a couple of hrs. I am trying to hold on, but my husband is ready to drop me off at a hospital and he's desperate to do anything to put me out of my misery.

I use to not be this way, really guys, I had a sence of humour and smiled. I didn't cry all the time. Now, I attempt to dress, have a hard time even going to the mailbox. The house is a mess, my mind is a jumble. There is no comfort in sight anywhere.

Maybe I should get back on an antidepressant for real to see if it can keep me from being so suicidal. All I know is that I can't live like this for months. I know take it one day at a time.

I know I'm waiting to see if the extra Ativan will help, I know I need to be patient.

Ok, that's enough of this whiney note. I'm off to practice some meditation on youtube and to take some antispasm medicine for my stomach.

Toodles

Is this how most people in my condition feel? Like it's the end.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Susu

Unfortunately lots of people feel like you do. It's really difficult when it has been some time since you stopped taking medication. Reinstatement is a gamble

I know it's difficult but try not to let how you feel be your total focus. People do recover. It takes time and it's best not to fight it all the way.

Keep an eye on your symptoms and reort back

On another note, can I ask what medication you are talking for your stomache and whether you are currently taking any other medication

Dalsaan

This hits close to home!

From the first Matrix movie. Taking the red pill opens the soon-to-be Neo's eyes to the fantasy that he had been living in. Morpheus says to Neo "You have to understand that many people are not ready to be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

Contrast with taking the blue pill. If Neo would have taken the blue pill, he would have stayed within the Matrix and been blind to reality.

Morpheus asks pre-Neo Keanu to take the red pill. As Neo reaches for the red pill Morpheus warns Neo "Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill: the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." - Morpheus, The Matrix

This is a very deep rabbit hole!!!!!

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Administrator

Susu, Paxil withdrawal syndrome can cause a depression that feels like black holes.

Read this topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

Depression can also be a side effect of benzos.

Either way, you'll need to manage it while you're getting through this rough patch. It's very possible your system has been sensitized by withdrawal and you'll get adverse effects from any other psychiatric drugs you take.

Try not to think of the drugs as a solution for you.

Why did you go off Paxil and Klonopin so quickly, may I ask?

I was on paxil and the pysch nurse was trying Viibryd to see if my depression would improve. I was emotionally stable on paxil but still depressed some. I tried Viibryd less than a month and had horrible side effects. This was told to the nurse and she told me to stop the antidepressant and wrote me a perscription to Neurontin 300mg 3 a day.

I tried to take 100mg. and it did seem to help, but then read about withdrawals from that. Then I thought, well, I don't want to take that.

I don't know why she suddenly stopped my A/d/s I think she was busy and didn't have time to deal with my issue. I have never been off them in over 25 years. I have a lifetime history with antidepressants starting in my childhood.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

The klonopin was my fault. I tapered from .5 to .25 in a few weeks and then the nurse stopped the A/D and I really went into shock then. That's when I stayed in the bed for more than a month. At least I get out of bed now. May not do anything, but atleast I get out of bed.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

Dalsaan, I take Levsin sometimes for spasms and I take prilosec for stomach. Recovering from stomach ulcer

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

Having a sane moment here. And I can breathe.

Alto quote "You don't need to be afraid of living without medication"

I need to make that my mantra!

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

Great news! I am doing better. My brain and body are somewhat more stable. I woke up this morning and didn't feel like a race horse in the starting shoot.

I really appreciate everyone's patience with me. I will be glad when my emotions are a little better. Still dealing with the nose surgery(cancer) and trying to accept it. I have a cold now and also think I'm going to have to go get a root canal. Yuk.. Trying to deal with life as best as possible. Thanks to all!! Susan

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Susu,

I'm really glad you are feeling better today. Can I ask what you took yesterday/are taking today in terms of your AD and Benzo?

How much and when

cheers

Dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better! See - patience works!!! May your New Year be one of increasing good health and happiness. :D

Hi Susu. I replied to your PM, so check your messages when you get a chance. Glad to hear you had a better day today!

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

Dalsaan, I took the 2mg paxil liquid and the ativan 1mg in 100ml. take 4 times a day. I also use 1 tablet of Suntheanine which has helped a lot. Today I have had some nausea, chills and stomach spasms. Also what can I do to improve my appetite? I'm struggling to keep wait on. Thx, Susu

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

I took the ativan at 8,1 and 6 and didn't take the bedtime dose,I forgot. Basically, I think .75ativan in three doses might work.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan