Antidepressants to treat grief? Psychiatry panelists with ties to drug industry say yes

compsports

Just found the article with the above title in the Washington Post. It is disgusting beyond belief.

http://tinyurl.com/ctrp4hh

Alto, I posted two comments with the SA website. One definitely went through. Not sure about the other one.

Thankfully, most of the commentators seem be disgusted as well. But it doesn't seem to matter in the long run. Oh well.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Moderator Emeritus

Just found the article with the above title in the Washington Post. It is disgusting beyond belief.

Alto, I posted two comments with the SA website. One definitely went through. Not sure about the other one.

Thankfully, most of the commentators seem be disgusted as well. But it doesn't seem to matter in the long run. Oh well.

CS

Yeah, they 'work' because they they make us numb, so we can't feel. Doing so interrupts the normal grieving process, feelings are not processed.

This has come about because grieving has been included in the DSM V, the Bible of Psychiatry. There was much resistance from professionals and consumer groups, but the influence of Big Pharma won out. Now the travesty begins.

CS, this is an important article. Copy and post some of the contents in the body of your post?

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

CS

Yeah, they 'work' because they they make us numb, so we can't feel. Doing so interrupts the normal grieving process, feelings are not processed.

This has come about because grieving has been included in the DSM V, the Bible of Psychiatry. There was much resistance from professionals and consumer groups, but the influence of Big Pharma won out. Now the travesty begins.

CS, this is an important article. Copy and post some of the contents in the body of your post?

Hi Skyler,

It is a such a long article I had a very hard time choosing what to insert. It didn't help that I had a horrible night of sleep.

CS

PS - I think they should give the drugs to the surviving families of the Newtown victims. That should work :rolleyes:

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Administrator

I agree, a very important article.

My wonderful doctor says we grieve so we can let go and start again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy