What do you think ?

xDebbiejo

Not sure where to post this - sorry if its in wrong place.

I am Adam Lanza's Doctor by Rima E Laibow, MD (YouTube video)

http://youtu.be/oigP3wWPWk8

Edited by Jemima
To give credit to source

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Argh, I was trying to get the video appear, but this was a FAIL I tried this several different ways and what you see below is what I got?

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Argh, I was trying to get the video appear, but this was a FAIL I tried this several different ways and what you see below is what I got?

I tried the link in your post and got the same video as I did using Debbie's link. ?

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't like the way the Adam Lanza tragedy was used to draw attention to this video, which really isn't about him, but I can't argue with what this doctor has to say. She certainly doesn't pull any punches and I'm surprised the APA hasn't tried to stifle her. Or maybe they have.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Sorry is the link not working - it is on my phone - strange

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Administrator

I admire her passion. I was with her 100% about psych drugs but she lost me when she detoured into blaming vaccines.

Good to hear she's treating children without psychiatric drugs.

Everybody's related to Adam Lanza these days. This is what advertising calls "borrowed interest," attaching your cause to something that will get attention.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I tried the link in your post and got the same video as I did using Debbie's link. ?

It is the same link.. I tried to embed the youtube video was unable to do so.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Alot of people think vaccines do more harm than good.

I don't think vaccines prevent illness If we didn't become ill then we would not need treatment.

I think health organisations are certainly into treatment as it is on going which = money but they don't want to deal in a cure or fund anybody's research on cures as no repeat costs = no money for big phama - I might be being a bit synical here but I'm sure they want us ill so we buy the treatment.

Same as we are hooked on drugs...... So we keep buying them.

Oh my gosh

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Dr. Mercola is dead set against vaccines. I just read something a day or two ago about epidemics starting among vaccinated populations, possibly in his newsletter.

I don't trust anything at all that Big Pharma has to say.

• Administrator

I think the anti-vaccine folks are for sure going to lose that argument.

Many dire diseases, such as polio, have been all but eradicated with vaccines.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yep I suppose there are for and against

I do know if several people and their families that have not had a vaccine in their life and have never been ill.

I have also read about vaccine causing ADHD and behaviour problems in children.

Children are certainly hyper these days but then again it could be all the additives in the foods.

Diazepam Free!

Oh and big pharma are producing food and drink, GSK are for certain.

Diazepam Free!

Everybody's related to Adam Lanza these days. This is what advertising calls "borrowed interest," attaching your cause to something that will get attention.

I found myself doing this, and when I realized it, I stopped. I was using the tragedy to make a case against the psychoactive drugs, and that is wrong, even tho my intentions are good.

I think the gun control advocates are doing this too. I think they are well-intentioned (and I am in favor of more gun control), but I think sometimes we can go over the line, in exploiting a terrible tragedy.

I think the anti-vaccine folks are for sure going to lose that argument.

Many dire diseases, such as polio, have been all but eradicated with vaccines.

I pretty much agree with you Alto.

However, I do wonder if the increasing number of vaccines that people are receiving vs. what and you I received when we were growing up is leading to these problems? Are they all really necessary?

By the way, I am not asking to start a flame war as I really want to know.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I found myself doing this, and when I realized it, I stopped. I was using the tragedy to make a case against the psychoactive drugs, and that is wrong, even tho my intentions are good.

I think the gun control advocates are doing this too. I think they are well-intentioned (and I am in favor of more gun control), but I think sometimes we can go over the line, in exploiting a terrible tragedy.

I definitely have done this regarding psych meds and have tried very hard not to do that because I know when you do, you lose credibility big time.

CS

• Administrator

I think polypharmacy is a much larger danger to all of us than vaccines. That's just my opinion, I don't get many vaccines!

I had the shingles vaccine -- wouldn't it be horrible to have shingles, withdrawal syndrome, and withdrawal hypersensitivity at the same time? -- and I get a flu shot every year.

• Moderator Emeritus

I took the liberty of emailing Dr. Laibow and letting her know of our forum, and that we are interested in posting contact information for any doctors who are knowledgable about and sympathetic to antidepressant withdrawal syndrome.

So we'll see what happens....

Unable at this time to correspond by private message.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

My Success Story is listed under "Aria's Recovery".

Reading between lines, she was his doctor in the same way that blogger was his mother? So not his doctor in any way, shape, form. Gotcha.

I agree that these (now frequent) self-message-promoting attempts at exploiting a newsworthy event turn me off to the message.

Listen up, messengers: If you misrepresent from point zero, why should I trust anything that comes after that point?

Didn't watch the video.

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

I think polypharmacy is a much larger danger to all of us than vaccines. That's just my opinion, I don't get many vaccines!

I had the shingles vaccine -- wouldn't it be horrible to have shingles, withdrawal syndrome, and withdrawal hypersensitivity at the same time? -- and I get a flu shot every year.

Totally agree Alto.

I think it is very dangerous to be extreme in either direction as some vaccines like the shingles one clearly are beneficial. My mother's life was hell due to getting shingles when she was alive and it could have been prevented with the vaccine.

CS

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy