Neuroplastic

Mainstream Catering to Big Pharma

Neuroplastic

Ok, that takes it. One of the most influential newspapers here (1 million plus worth of readership) dedicated two full pages to basically kowtowing to antidepressants and their healing power. Unbelievable. The most shocking was this passage in which a woman describes how her husband has changed after he become depressed several years ago (he's now nothing short of being comatosed, anhedonized, sleeping all day long, more a veggie than a human). I don't have to add he's SSRIs-ized up to the gills by his doctor.

Once I'm more on my feet, I'm plannning to write to them and give them a link to SA.

And yes, the kowtowing wouldn't be complete w/o the interview with some PhD guy peddling SSRIs like candies.

PS The article also mentions the effectiveness of ECT

compsports

Ok, that takes it. One of the most influential newspapers here (1 million plus worth of readership) dedicated two full pages to basically kowtowing to antidepressants and their healing power. Unbelievable. The most shocking was this passage in which a woman describes how her husband has changed after he become depressed several years ago (he's now nothing short of being comatosed, anhedonized, sleeping all day long, more a veggie than a human). I don't have to add he's SSRIs-ized up to the gills by his doctor.

Once I'm more on my feet, I'm plannning to write to them and give them a link to SA.

And yes, the kowtowing wouldn't be complete w/o the interview with some PhD guy peddling SSRIs like candies.

PS The article also mentions the effectiveness of ECT

Hi Neuro,

Do you have a link?

Thanks!

CS

Neuroplastic

Oh, I'd like to, Cs. But this was a paper edition and not in English.

compsports

Oh, I'd like to, Cs. But this was a paper edition and not in English.

Darn, it sounded interesting.

I was also ready to kick a----

CS

Neuroplastic

Darn, it sounded interesting.

I was also ready to kick a----

CS

B)

Healing

Wow, CS is on the loose now! Watch out, Big Pharma and your minions!

Sorry, NP. Very frustrating! Maybe when you write them, consider mentioning that these drugs may seem to work in the short run (that's questionable, but, you know, compromise), but that it's just like street drugs and alcohol -- initial relief, rapidly increasing dependency, paying the piper. People might be able to relate to that. What do you think?

Neuroplastic

Maybe when you write them, consider mentioning that these drugs may seem to work in the short run (that's questionable, but, you know, compromise), but that it's just like street drugs and alcohol -- initial relief, rapidly increasing dependency, paying the piper. People might be able to relate to that. What do you think?

That would be the best option indeed, Healing.

Healing

Had another thought. I'm curious. Would it be a good angle to point out that taking ADs is falling for American cultural imperialism? Or is the current climate too open-armed to American cultural imperialism?