Why people think we're nuts?

jr1985

It's an uphill battle when scientologists and this guy are on your side... :-(

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

Who posted the Tom Cruise video and said this same thing? Or maybe just referenced it. Somebody thinking just like you.

I know what you mean, too. I watch Tom -- well for 1 minute until I can't take it any more -- and I think "THIS GUY?!?" is on my side. The other guy, Matt Lauer, sounds like a dope too but only because I'm advantaged on the facts.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Alex is a product of my town. When I first started on ADs and had bad insomnia I used to watch his free Cable Access show at 4am when there was nothing else on.

It's amazing to me that Alex Jones is a celebrity. 10 years ago an acquiantance of mine showed up a party and declared the bloody shirt he was wearing was stained with "Alex Jones's blood" -- and claimed the two had just exchanged punches in a skuffle outside the local cable tv operation.

I have never been able to listen to Jones for more than a minute -- except when I had no cable and was awake when no other stations were broadcasting exccept informercials. I always find a needle of good truth in a haystack of bizarro on those moments when I do listen. I believe his ardent listeners are less discerning than I.

EDIT: Did not mean to use 'always' above. Sometimes. Occasionally. On nights with blue moons.

- Zimmerman

Alex is a product of my town. When I first started on ADs and had bad insomnia I used to watch his free Cable Access show at 4am when there was nothing else on.

It's amazing to me that Alex Jones is a celebrity. 10 years ago an acquiantance of mine showed up a party and declared the bloody shirt he was wearing was stained with "Alex Jones's blood" -- and claimed the two had just exchanged punches in a skuffle outside the local cable tv operation.

I have never been able to listen to Jones for more than a minute -- except when I had no cable and was awake when no other stations were broadcasting exccept informercials. I always find a needle of good truth in a haystack of bizarro on those moments when I do listen. I believe his ardent listeners are less discerning than I.

EDIT: Did not mean to use 'always' above. Sometimes. Occasionally. On nights with blue moons.

Austin? I am in houston and sometimes hear about Alex. Yes, this is an uphill battle when these folks are on our "side". Robert Whitaker talks about this.

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

Yea, Austin.

I guess there's a logic in it. At the start of any movement one finds the loonier elements. Only logical as the people who are empowered in the status quo are the least likely to challenge it and those with least status -- the quacks -- most likely. I think this was Whittaker's point, yes?

On a side note: The problem with Austin is that too many people keep moving here. I've been saying that for ten years but now it's finally true. I have been trying to leave town for two years but could never have money and health at the same time. Never really had the health, honestly.

I'm thinking of moving to LaGrange, that Texas town, it's in the center of the universe... The universe being the triangle drawn btwn Austin, HOU & SA. Hah.

- Zimmerman

Yea, Austin.

I guess there's a logic in it. At the start of any movement one finds the loonier elements. Only logical as the people who are empowered in the status quo are the least likely to challenge it and those with least status -- the quacks -- most likely. I think this was Whittaker's point, yes?

On a side note: The problem with Austin is that too many people keep moving here. I've been saying that for ten years but now it's finally true. I have been trying to leave town for two years but could never have money and health at the same time. Never really had the health, honestly.

I'm thinking of moving to LaGrange, that Texas town, it's in the center of the universe... The universe being the triangle drawn btwn Austin, HOU & SA. Hah.

I want to move to a small TX town like fredericksburg.

but austin is still a cool place I think. The hill country is lovely. I go out there often and go camping around there. I need a camping trip soon. Maybe colorado bend.

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy