Barbarannamated

Deep despair, dread, doom, horror

gardenlady
On 2/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, Junglechicken said:

Mind you, who would feel upbeat and happy when their gut is painful, with gas, reflux etc., and food doesn't digest properly, lol?!?!

Take care @Katy398

On 2/26/2020 at 3:56 AM,  Katy398 said: 

Absolutely. Most serotonin is produced in the gut so it makes sense.  I think repairing the gut is just as important as fish oil to repair our brain. 

If I hadn’t read it here I would not have believed it as a WD symptom. Just thought it was my stuff. 

Take care @Junglechicken

My gut is perfectly normal yet I still have this horrible symptom without windows or any let up.  It is not associated with gut dysfunction

gardenlady

I do wonder if the unremitting doom, dread and crush of impending existential doom will ever ease up.  I've had it ever since I started tapering Cymbalta and it has never lessened....only worsened.  And, now, added to that, I have extreme irritability, anger, impatience and a compulsion to correct people who don't think like I do.  It's insane.  I have a deranged drive to force friends to change their way of thinking about all sorts of topics.  We all face this temptation, normally, but are able to rein ourselves in and not say inappropriate or rude things.  However, thanks to Cymbalta withdrawal, I blurt out rude, hurtful comments to people I used to like but no longer do.....in fact, I don't like anyone anymore.  The only way I can keep from making a spectacle of myself is to completely isolate and not talk to anyone, even on the phone.  Does this hideous compulsion ever go away?  I do wonder if my personality is permanently disfigured making me as repugnant to others as I am to myself.  My personality has completely disintegrated with no shred of likability remaining.  I am angry, hateful, fearful and unbearable to be around.  How can one recover from this?   I still have about 1 to 1.5 years left in my brutal, agonizing slow taper and who-knows-how-many years of healing after I'm off the drug.  

Petunia
On 7/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, gardenlady said:

I blurt out rude, hurtful comments to people I used to like but no longer do.....in fact, I don't like anyone anymore.  The only way I can keep from making a spectacle of myself is to completely isolate and not talk to anyone, even on the phone.  Does this hideous compulsion ever go away?  I do wonder if my personality is permanently disfigured making me as repugnant to others as I am to myself.  My personality has completely disintegrated with no shred of likability remaining.  I am angry, hateful, fearful and unbearable to be around.  How can one recover from this?

Hi gardenlady, I went through a long stage like this too, and managed it by keeping away from other people as much as possible. During times when I had to be with people, the energy it took to control myself was overwhelming, it would exhaust me.

I'm back to normal with regards to this, so from my experience I would say it's not permanent. You will recover from it over time, most likely in a windows and waves kind of pattern, like we recover from all the symptoms of nervous system disruption, drug damage and withdrawal.

Be gentle with yourself, you are doing the best you can in a very difficult situation. Take care of yourself, you will get better, slowly, over time.