How were you referred to this site?

Altostrata

I was watching Michael Priebe (The Lovely Grind) while I was going through withdrawal, and someone in the comments had asked him if he was willing to write a success story for Surviving Antidepressants. Then I looked up the site. I don't think it comes up very high in search results, which is sad, I wish I had found it sooner than I did. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• btdt

• cymbaltawithdrawal5600

• KarenB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm attempting to reduce or eliminate prozac, wellbutrin and lamictal, and found your site through google. What made me register? The Pallas' cat in your profile!

Hello, everyone I got this site adress form prof. Gøtzsche. I sent him a thankfull mail after reading his book "Deadly Medicine and Organised Denial". I wasn't really expecting him to sent me any res

I found this site through Reddit. One day, I decided to look up withdrawal in some depression forum and either posted or saw someone's comment on a post directing to this site. It's was a life-changer

Phoenixmama

@Armorall i would like to read it 

started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g

feb 26th took 5mg

feb 27th took 5mg 

feb 28th cold turkey 

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama Unfortunately, even though someone asked him to do it, he did not. The question just made me aware of the existence of SA, but it wasn't because he then complied. He does detail his process in a Lovely Grind video though, it was one that I actually wrote down many of the words to, since I was hurting in WD and needed some relief. I had it on my wall for a long time. Just the bit about the further away you are from your quit/taper start date, the better it will become even if you can't tell at first. And his major changes happened within the 18-24th month mark, which ended up being my "turn the corner" zone as well. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 

PsychologicalSafe15

Someone suggested me in reddit.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

MyDarkNight

I found this site via a YouTube video panel discussion on IIPDW.  I am AMAZED at how easily doctors prescribe antidepressants without informing about what long-term use can do to your life!

They don’t tell you how common sexual dysfunction is, and worse, how scary & hard it is to stop taking them.

I’m looking for support as I navigate COVID19, my own refusal of the vax, even though I’ve never been anti-vax before now.  The poor leadership added to my suspicions about big PHARMA & a very BIG distrust of any medications & doctors that want to keep me medicated.

I am a recovering cocaine addict. I got involved in 12-step groups in 1984 & have been free of coke since 1/5/85.

I started antidepressants & adhd meds under the care of my GP in the 90’s to deal with attention issues & menopausal symptoms.

Those meds quit working & I sought psychiatric care about 5 years ago. I was switched from fluoxetine & adderall to Lexapro & Vyvanse.  Last November I had a psychotic episode and was inpatient for 2 weeks, where my meds were changed abruptly. The ARNP I was working with told me it was a drug induced mania & he had “seen it coming” but NEVER TOLD ME!  So I came out of that episode knowing that I had to find myself again & I could not do that until I got off of the drugs.  I believe they created the basket case that I became!

so now I am emerging from a long detox & dark night of the soul & believe that psychiatric labels & drugs have done more harm than good in my life.

Thanks for creating this site!