• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gardner

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• tezza

Top Posters In This Topic

Gardner,

Many of us are FAR WORSE in the morning, especially upon awakening. For me, it was first severe anxiety/panic, then months later changed to a feeling of dread of life. It usually lifts by late morning to afternoon and i feel nearly normal by evening, usually around 6pm.

This is due to daily fluctuations of cortisol, a hormone that is naturally highest in the morning.

Here is some info and suggestions to help:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/33-early-morning-waking-with-panic-or-anxiety/

Great to read thanks for posting it was a big helhow are you doing today?

• Administrator

Reinstatement may take longer than a week. It's a good sign you're feeling a bit better.

It's likely the depression is a withdrawal symptom. Reinstatement should help with that, too.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

what do you mean about 'reinstatement'?

I know what the word is but I'm not sure how it's used here.

Was reading alot tonight about elevated Cortisol.

I sure have all the symptoms of it.

I read a lot about about arenal fatigued when

I was going gluten free for 6 years

it seems the tests aren't that reliable anyway. sure don't want to take any more medicine. Maybe the more I understand it it will help me cope with it. At least it makes sense I feel better in the evening. :-)

• Moderator Emeritus

what do you mean about 'reinstatement'?

Reinstate in the context here simply means to increasing your dosage just after or soon after a cut to abate uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that result from the cut. The amount , in mgs., to increase or reinstate to is different for each drug.

Once reinstatement occurs and the person has stabilized on the new, slightly higher dose, then one can continue to taper at a slower rate.

That is how I understand it Gardener,but I am a newbie here. I can attest to its success, however, as I have reinstated a bit after cutting too quickly at the beginning of learning how to taper (Lexapro ) myself.

Good luck to you and I hope today is even a BETTER day for you. I am approaching a week since my last cut and my days get a little better as I put that cut behind me.

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gardner,

I hope you continue to have good days as well. Thank you for being there for me when I was low. Also, thank you for your very kind and loving words to me.

May this day bring you good health and happiness!

Hugs

Thanks Tessa and RU.on my tablet to please forgive the typos

DAY 8

Best morning so far. I felt really good last night so stayed up till 12:45. had to use the bathroom at at 6:30. had a slight headache got a nice Pak took 2 non aspirin pills. Husband got up and pulled the blinds so the room darker. Went back to sleep till 9:00 and was able to get up in 5 minutes. Headache almost gone and the fog/Marine layer lifted which helps headache.

The research i did on cordisol last night was alittle scary.

I already have a load of wash in.

Seems I have a good day every other day.

I so appreciate you guys sharing info with me. I'm blessed.

• Administrator

A very good sign! Reinstatement is working.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

RU and Alto

Actually I really didn't up a dose

I went from 50 mg of pristiq every other day per Dr for a week

Then Alto told me about effexor 25.

So 8 days on am/pm new drug ".

Is this like reinstatement ?

Still have so much to learn

Alto appreciate your thoughts.

• Administrator

Let's call it reinstatement since Pristiq and Effexor are so closely related.

OK thanks.

I'm one who has to understand how everything works, well I have to change my thinking. At 71 and having researched so many of my medical issues (maybe it stems from being a medical librarian :)

I'm so ready to give up and just go with your researched info. It doesn't even have to make since any more b/c it seems to be working :)

Thanks to you all !

• Administrator

Thanks Alto

:) I was just at those last 2 links reading :)

Love reading here. No need to go anywhere else.

You have all the best concise info right here :)

I'm still feeling great and even went out to my garden today to work. It's been 4 months. I was an avid gardner in Pa but just hated the plants that would grow here.

Trying so hard to BLOOM WHERE I AM PLANTED.

Do you think it's the WD getting better or the effexor working?

• Administrator

Do you think it's the WD getting better or the effexor working?

At this point, there's no difference.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm one who has to understand how everything works, well I have to change my thinking.

I'm so ready to give up and just go with your researched info. It doesn't even have to make since any more b/c it seems to be working :)

Thanks to you all !

This is EXACTLY how I feel & felt Gardner!!! Why fight it? Go with what works right?? What kind of plants are you trying to grow Gardener? You can champion them too!!!

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Thanks Alto..right as usual.

RU. .SINCE I LIVE IN SO CA it can get to 123 degrees in the hot sun in the summer and winter it can get to below freezing. The East coast, I could have tulips, hostas lots of shade plants that I loved.

But with the depression re relocation I was kinda agrophobic and didn't go out into the garden for 4 months...today I went and weeded 2 ex's. :)

praying that tomorrow will be another good day

DAY 9 .NEED ADVICE FAST

After such a great day yesterday again last nite didn't go to bed till 12:30 just couldn't sleep. WIDE AWAKE

Up at 6:30 was ok could have gotten up but went back to bed to get more sleep.

Woke up agitated and hyper :( hurried got some yogert and morning meds and TOOL ONLY TOOK 1/2 25 effexor

Was spinning inside like spin in washing machine.

I could take the other now if you think o should

I desperately. Feel i need 2.5 vslium to calm down

Is the 25 to high a dose

I HATE THIS ROLLER COASTER RIDE

I WANT OFF

HOPE TO HEAR SOON. :( :(

• Administrator

If you've been taking 25mg in the morning, take 25mg total.

So you think i. Should take a total of 25 a day now ??

1/2 in am and 1/2 in pm

I have ALWAYS HAD TO TAKE

Lower than usual doses of ALL meds as my system is so sensitive

Tx for the fast reply..

This anxiety is so scary Alto :(

I will stay by.my.phone

Will u be effected by the storm?

• Administrator

Haven't you been taking 25mg in the a.m. and 25mg in the p.m.? I would stay with that for a while.

I guess I miss read your first note this morning

Since I only took half of the 25 this morning should I go take the other half now?

I guess the agitation hyperness part of the withdraw from

Pristiq and maybe side effects of Effexor?

The. 2.5 valium is helping some

Waiting to hear a bout the other half.

I'm so sorry to be such a bother Alto

• Administrator

Correct, don't jump around in your dosing.

DAY 10

Took 25 milligram Effexor at 7:30 last night and still wide awake at 12. Tried reading as that used to work.

Up at 630 to use the restroom back to sleep till 730.

Forced myself out of bed but not as anxious.

My right eye has a twitch that I've never had before

I feel really restless and can't seem to focus to accomplish anything

Guess I'll have to keep on 25s for a while even though it's

the withdrawal I took to for to get off dreaded Pristiq.

Does anyone else ever just have to feeling like your quivering inside like jello ???

I know it sounds strange but it's the only way I can describe it

Hope someone can give me some insight on this

• Administrator

You may need more Effexor to compensate for the Pristiq, Gardner. If I were you, I might try adding 12.5mg (quarter-tablet) to your 25mg morning dosage.

OYE

Thanks for your valid input

I am so livid at the doctors that through me on this

Darn pristiq.

I never dreamed I'd have to deal so long with the pristiq WD. :(

I was going to do this WD for 2 weeks on effexor

Guess it shows how naive i m :(:(

• Moderator Emeritus

hi Gardner - are you able to put your dosage history in your signature? Length of time on pristiq, dosage, how you tapered and how long you have been off and then when you started effexor.

I always found that it took about 4 weeks to stabilse after reinstating or updosing. When i reinstated i usually went to the dose i was last stable at - i perhaps could have gone a little lower, but i am scared of withdrawal anxiety - i have such a busy life that i can't afford to be paralysed by anxiety - it is all too consuming for me. I don't feel like jello when i have it, more like i am wound up really tight - as the man of the house says, 'tighter than a $2 watch' - whatever that means.

don't beat yourself up or waste precious energy on being mad at the doctor - we all did the best we could at the time and we have learned valuable lessons about being responsible for our own health through this. I like to believe that everything happens for a reason - the good and bad in our lives. I have been tapering for 2 years and probably have the same time to go - I am learning not to look at the calender (our dear mod Strawberry has taught me that).

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

Peggy

I would be happy to add my info in the signature if I knew how . I am on a phone and pad so I don't think I see the whole screen as I have never seen this done.

all my info is in my thread but guess people want to see it with none of the chit chat in the thread.

I guess I have the issue with the doctor as I just relocated and lost all my doctor's of 31 years and still trying to find good ones who listen and don't just throw drugs at me.

what you said is SO right----- wasted energy FOR SURE.

Guess I'll have to finally break down and get the computer

Out.

Thanks for your response

Tezza

I am using

Nexus 7 pad and I can't see my name or the arrow going down so I guess I'm going to have to go on the computer.

I did use your link.

what kind of pad or tablet do you use ??

DAY 11

Went to bed to read last night at 1030.

Wasn't that wide awake

today I woke up to use the bathroom at 630 was wide awake and felt great but then when went back to bed till 8:30

Now am very lethargic and have accomplished nothing

Seems I'm either hyper or flat emotionally

The meds were to lift my spirits

just want. Off this crap.

• Administrator

There's a good haiku in there somewhere.

• Moderator Emeritus

There's a good haiku in there somewhere.

LOL

Gardner - perhaps when you wake up at 6:30 and feel great you could get up and start the day? I know if i go back to sleep at that time of the day i always feel much worse when i wake again.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg