Altostrata

Tardive dyskinesia, dyskinesia, dystonia or involuntary movements

UnfoldingSky
On 11/17/2020 at 6:07 AM, DaBro said:

I’m 26 months out and developed TD 4 months ago. It tends to be minor lasting 5-15 minutes and either happens last thing at night or first thing in the morning. I’m hoping it will pass, especially as it feels like the latest in a long line of symptoms. 

How did it come and go for you?

I was put on benzos after having suffered a severe reaction to and then cold turkey withdrawal from Celexa.  Had issues on the benzos too.  When I was midway through taper, the TD started to come out.  When I finally got off the benzos (and another drug, was drug free) it got a bit worse for a time.

It was much like you describe often happened in the morning or at night.  Seemed to be when I was most relaxed that's when movements would occur.  Though I did have the odd issue during the day, for some reason often had a mouth movement sometimes during the day. 

It did go away, I would expect it should for you as well.  I hope this helps!  It's so disconcerting to have these problems but I found when I finally could accept that it was happening it helped diminish the movements somewhat.  Definitely stress makes them more likely to occur.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

DaBro
6 hours ago, UnfoldingSky said:

I was put on benzos after having suffered a severe reaction to and then cold turkey withdrawal from Celexa.  Had issues on the benzos too.  When I was midway through taper, the TD started to come out.  When I finally got off the benzos (and another drug, was drug free) it got a bit worse for a time.

It was much like you describe often happened in the morning or at night.  Seemed to be when I was most relaxed that's when movements would occur.  Though I did have the odd issue during the day, for some reason often had a mouth movement sometimes during the day. 

It did go away, I would expect it should for you as well.  I hope this helps!  It's so disconcerting to have these problems but I found when I finally could accept that it was happening it helped diminish the movements somewhat.  Definitely stress makes them more likely to occur.

Thanks. Seems a similar pattern. Had the poking and wandering tongue 2 days ago too but I’m hopeful and fairly confident it’s a symptom of healing as it’s when I’m relaxed and it only started 22 months post zero. Altostrata has suggested it may be a sign of healing in her intro topic. Thanks again. 

50 mg Sertraline Nov 2016 to Dec 2016

100 mg Sertraline Jan - March 2017

50 mg Sertraline April - June 2017

25 mg Sertraline July 2017 - Sept 2018

12.5 mg Sertraline Oct 2018

0 mg Nov 1 2018