SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Documentary about prescription medication wants your story

Pictures

Hello

I work for Exclusive TV, an independent UK production company which makes documentaries, factual entertainment shows and other programmes.

We're fairly new but, already, we've made a critically-acclaimed documentary for Channel 4 called Sing for your Life with another show about Post Natal Depression soon to be broadcast on the BBC.

We're currently in development, with a network broadcaster, on a documentary about prescription drugs. A sensitive, non-sensational film that explores the subject without judgement or agenda.

We've been commissioned to make a documentary - without any agenda - about prescription drugs.

The idea being that they really came to Britain in the 80s and 90s and so they've been around for a generation. So what's happened to the people who've grown up with them/on them, what were their experiences and what do they think now?

We're specifically looking for a few of things, anyone in the UK who:

someone who was given prescription meds as a child or teenager and is now a parent, with a child also on them or potentially going on them;

and a teenager or young adult who's on them and is now approaching adulthood so is maybe thinking of coming off them.

Also an 18-30 year old who has been on prescription medication as a child and is now as an adult struggling to come off them or is addicted to them.

But any experiences could be interesting to us.

All conversations confidential at this stage and as I said, we're not looking to paint a picture of meds as being good, bad or indifferent. We're just looking to tell the story of prescription drugs coming of age, and now being given to a second generation.

Contact me at info at exclusivetv.co.uk

Thanks

Madhuri

Edited by Altostrata
masked e-mail address