Death Grip: escape from benzo madness — new book http://wp.me/p5nnb-8HC

GiaK

Death Grip: escape from benzo madness — new book introduced by the author, Matt Samet

I have only lived four decades, but I hope never again in life, even at its end, to experience suffering like I felt while taking and withdrawing from the drugs. At essence, looking back six years after swallowing my last psychotropic medicine and feeling saner, healthier, and happier than ever, all I can see is a vast black storm behind me: the physical illness, emotional lability, and compromised cognition caused by the pills; the hopelessness of being told that this chemical abomination was some underlying "organic" and "lifelong" "disease"; and the even bleaker hopelessness of having my autonomy stripped away in the hospitals, of forced drugging on a host of ever-more dangerous and unnecessary pills.

Often I wonder, just what the hell was I thinking, entrusting my brain — the very seat of my soul — to other people?

read more: http://beyondmeds.com/2013/02/13/death-grip/

He speaks for many thousands of folks who've been denied their reality. I am in deep gratitude.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

The rock climber?

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

yes...follow the links...it's a wonderful little piece he wrote for the blog...brings me to tears...

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Yea. That's terrific. You know everbody, Gia. ;-)

I am most imprssed -- okay also a bit jealous -- with how productive and determined Matt Samet is today. I have admiration for anyone who stands up and says "this is this **** that happened to me. It's important and it's true." Still 99% live in a world of blind trust to modern medicine and for every person who promotes their suffering, maybe one other can avoid it.

Also, it's important (someday) to see some accountability in the system. A lot of people were perpretrated agnst, and for what? For a little bit of money. And actually also a lot of money on the pharma side.

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Gia, I saw the announcement about this book yesterday and almost posted a link.. but could not figure out where on the forum to put it.. It looks really good. Thanks!

Skyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

I hope this book gets a lot of attention in the mass media.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy