SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

solida's story

Altostrata

• Administrator

[Posted by surviving for solida]

Hello everybody,this is my first post-thanks for inviting me.

oK.what can I say?

Unfortunately I'm not doing very well at the moment.

After a very bad setback-due to stress-in January I m getting better from this,but now something new showed up: I have the feeling I can t cope anymore with this situation. Not with my symtoms but with the situation i m in.

Still have to rest a lot and Im sooooooo sick of feeling useless and lonley,hate coming home and feeling this way.This has turned into akathesia ang rage now and I just feel terrible. It s like I want to get out of my skin all the time and I can t relax anymore.But I m still to sick to go out for work. I want to change but i can t-thats how it feels-does anyone relate?

thats my short update.

lg solida

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I also would like to say,that of course I have made a lot of improvement in the last year and I experienced a few nice windows, but it is still not the place where I want to be.

I still can t handle any kind of stress,get anxious very easily ,bouts of depression and I still can t handle any kind of supplements.

Edited by surviving
took new post out of the quote

Sept.2007 Citalopram for burn out,reverse reaction

Paroxetin 20mg,5 weeks,had to stop because of reverse reaction

after a manic episode,severe withdrawal hit after 6 weeks,

hospitalization twice,during the first 2 years withdrawal got worse and worse

disabled since

Wilkommen, solida!

(No, unfortunately, I do not speak German.)

I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. The rage and akathisia are terrible to experience.

One thing -- you cannot fully trust your assessment of your life right now. Your ability to assess things is very skewed in a negative direction by the healing changes going on in your brain.

Are you tapering off medication? Or have you been off all medication for a time? How long?

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

We were posting at the same time. I see you have been off a year. Congratulations! And that is great that you have had some improvement and some windows! But, still, I am sorry you are in a difficult place now!

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

• Administrator

With this condition, it's always good if you see some change for the better, even with setbacks.

It's always up and down, but gradually, on the average, up -- we all hope.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hey, Solida! Though it takes a bit of time to get better, I assure you that the healing always takes place. WD, with all its fluctuations, is the most bizzare thing there's. Yet, it does get better. Always. The windows are a sign of healing, so you're on the right track.

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

Wow-so many replies!!!!Thanks

well,I m off over 3years now.I had a bad reaction with Citalopram and Paroxetin and was on only for 8weeks altogether!!!

Severe withdrawal hit after 6weeks.I was in hell,screaming because of so horibble anxiety.I don t want to reveal all the stuff I experienced-most of you know what I m talking about.Last year I did a big mistake:I tried St.Johns w.Oh my good: I had a setback that lasted 6months-all the symptoms from the beginning came up again.

But now I made it so far and I hope that this year I will heal further....My lesson:No supplements at all.Everthing I tried gave me horrible symptoms.Still have to be patient.

Like I said: My biggest problem is to relax with my personal situation of beeing single and no job anymore.

But I practis :tying to the mast and sit with my demons...like James Gordon describes in the book Unstuck.

Now I start looking for some voluntary work-even thinking about gives me anxiety. But I want to try it.What do you think???

lg Solida

Edited by surviving
removed accidental quote

disabled since

Guten morgen, solida!

It seems like a good idea for you to keep away from supplements. Your body just doesn't seem to want any substances added.

I think it's best to follow your own wishes. As long as you *want* to do volunteer work, and it's not just a "should." Just keep checking in with yourself about the timing and nature of the work. Keep us posted.

• Administrator

...Now I start looking for some voluntary work-even thinking about gives me anxiety.But I want to try it.What do you think???...

Try it a little bit at a time. Lots of volunteer work is maybe one hour a week, like at my local library. If you can do more, you will feel like it. If it's too much for you, you can make your apologies, rest, and try again after a while.

It can be good to be among people and have simple, calm interactions.

PS To make a post without including a quote, go to the top or bottom of the topic and click on the big blue Add Reply button.

Wow-so many replies!!!!Thanks

well,I m off over 3years now.I had a bad reaction with Citalopram and Paroxetin and was on only for 8weeks altogether!!!

Severe withdrawal hit after 6weeks.I was in hell,screaming because of so horibble anxiety.I don t want to reveal all the stuff I experienced-most of you know what I m talking about.Last year I did a big mistake:I tried St.Johns w.Oh my good: I had a setback that lasted 6months-all the symptoms from the beginning came up again.

But now I made it so far and I hope that this year I will heal further....My lesson:No supplements at all.Everthing I tried gave me horrible symptoms.Still have to be patient.

Like I said: My biggest problem is to relax with my personal situation of beeing single and no job anymore.

But I practis :tying to the mast and sit with my demons...like James Gordon describes in the book Unstuck.

Now I start looking for some voluntary work-even thinking about gives me anxiety. But I want to try it.What do you think???

lg Solida

Hi Solida,

If you're looking for volunteer work, here are two sites to check out that will let you find opportunities in your area.

1. http://www.volunteermatch.org

2. http://www.idealist.org

With volunteer work, you never know unless you try. Also, the right assignment could provide some necessary skills for the job market. It might be a good distraction but Surviving is right taking it slowly.

Hang in there.

Compsports

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Thanks for the links-but I m from Germany-LOL!!!

Since I have been thinking about looking for some work and trying to figure out on the internet,I m in an constant fight and flight modus.My body is so tense and I my mind plays tricks on me.I m scared of a new setback if I go on.

I dont understand why all the techniques I have learned in therapy don t work when this happens.Is withdrawal so much diffrent to an anxiety state by nature??

lg solida

disabled since

Thanks for the links-but I m from Germany-LOL!!!

Since I have been thinking about looking for some work and trying to figure out on the internet,I m in an constant fight and flight modus.My body is so tense and I my mind plays tricks on me.I m scared of a new setback if I go on.

I dont understand why all the techniques I have learned in therapy don t work when this happens.Is withdrawal so much diffrent to an anxiety state by nature??

lg solida

Sorry about that:)

As an FYI, idealist did have 9 positions for Germany but it has been my experience that with so few choices, I don't find something suitable.

Regarding applying what you know in therapy when you're in withdrawal, that is a tough issue. Personally, I would have had a hard time doing that.

It is only as time passes where I am able to rationally look at what has worked and what hasn't, that I can make improvements in my situation. But it still take alot of practice and repeated tries.

Comp Sports

PS - I forgot to mention that I found my current volunteer position by googling what was in my area. I realize that you may not be as lucky as doing so is a hit and miss proposition.

• Administrator

...I dont understand why all the techniques I have learned in therapy don t work when this happens.Is withdrawal so much diffrent to an anxiety state by nature??...

solida, this is an important point.

What those of us with long-term withdrawal syndrome have found is that the tension and anxiety are more intense and different from tension and anxiety that can be managed with therapy techniques.

The damage to the nervous system is such that it generates the hormones creating fear, anxiety, and tension on its own, WITHOUT any emotional trigger. Your nervous system is set on "high alert."

Emotions caused by worrying about your condition can add to the underlying biochemically caused anxiety. Worrying can be managed from moment to moment with the techniques you learned in therapy, but the biochemistry is much too strong for you to eliminate the symptoms with "good thinking."

It's important to take responsibility for controlling worrying, the only one who can do that is you.

But do not blame yourself or believe "wrong thinking" is causing your withdrawal syndrome symptoms. It is your damaged nervous system, not you.

But according to Claire Weekes this happens also to people who are not in withdrawal ( creating anxiety by itself from the labil nervous system)

Anyway,I took all my strengh together today and asked in one place I knew for volunteer work.But there its only possible for 4 hours a day-thats definetely too much for me.I feel disappointed like a little child now.....

lg solida

disabled since

But according to Claire Weekes this happens also to people who are not in withdrawal ( creating anxiety by itself from the labil nervous system)

Anyway,I took all my strengh together today and asked in one place I knew for volunteer work.But there its only possible for 4 hours a day-thats definetely too much for me.I feel disappointed like a little child now.....

lg solida

Hi Solida,

I totally understand your feelings about volunteer work.

There is this volunteer project that I desperately want to get going on but I found out from the volunteer administrator it is going to be awhile. I reacted like a child (not to her:)).

Your fellow child:))

Comp Sports

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I have the flu at the moment and I m back in the hell of withdrawal.Very bad morning anxiety,nightmares,dizziness and i m so weak that I can hardly walk (the flu itself isn t very bad). Those reminders ,which are still lingering to break out (I m 3,5years off) when I have stress or beeing ill are really scary.

since a while now,I also recognize,that friends and my family members getting annoyed with me.When I feel better they don t understand that I still can t work.And when I feel horrible they withdraw.It is such a lonley journey and I feel very discouraged at the moment because I can t see the light at the end of the tunnel.....

I m back to bed now..

solida

disabled since

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, solida,

I am so sorry that you're having a wave and feel so alone. This too shall pass. In the meantime, remember that people on this forum are not annoyed, and can support you.

I hope you feel better - both from the flu and the wave - soon.

1989 - 1992 Parnate* 

1992-1998 Paxil - pooped out*, oxazapam, inderal

1998 - 2005 Celexa - pooped out* klonopin, oxazapam, inderal

*don't remember doses

2005 -2007   Cymbalta 60 mg oxazapam, inderal, klonopin

Started taper in 2007:

CT klonopin, oxazapam, inderal (beta blocker) - 2007

Cymbalta 60mg to 30mg 2007 -2010

July 2010 - March 2018 on hiatus due to worsening w/d symptoms, which abated and finally disappeared. Then I stalled for about 5 years because I didn't want to deal with W/D.

March 2018 - May 2018 switch from 30mg Cymbalta to 20mg Celexa 

19 mg Celexa October 7, 2018

18 mg Celexa November 5, 2018

17 mg Celexa  December 2, 2019

16 mg Celexa January 6, 2018 

15 mg Celexa March 7, 2019

14 mg Celexa April 24, 2019

13 mg Celexa June 28, 2019

12.8 mg Celexa November 10, 2019

12.4 Celexa August 31, 2020

12.2 Celexa December 28, 2020

12 mg Celexa March 2021

11 mg  Celexa February 2023

Hello everybody,

I have the flu at the moment and I m back in the hell of withdrawal.Very bad morning anxiety,nightmares,dizziness and i m so weak that I can hardly walk (the flu itself isn t very bad). Those reminders ,which are still lingering to break out (I m 3,5years off) when I have stress or beeing ill are really scary.

since a while now,I also recognize,that friends and my family members getting annoyed with me.When I feel better they don t understand that I still can t work.And when I feel horrible they withdraw.It is such a lonley journey and I feel very discouraged at the moment because I can t see the light at the end of the tunnel.....

I m back to bed now..

solida

Hi Solida,

I don't have anything brilliant to add except to echo what Baxter said. This board will never ever get annoyed with you.

I hope you feel better.

Hugs

CS

• Administrator

solida -- good to see you again.

What kinds of symptoms are you having now, brought on by the flu?

[i merged your update with your existing Intro topic.]

Hi,

I have always the same symptoms, when i m in a wave or when Im ill or when I have done too much.I m so exhausted,nearly bedbound,my head is so heavy,as well as my arms and legs,my skin is burning and flu like symptoms(even without the flu) and I have the morning anxiety and morning swetting again.I had a few good weeks before.(but far away from beeing healthy)

By the way,I have tested the cortisol levels-they are very high.

The severe depression I had in the first 2Years has lifted,also the anxiety is far better.But emotional I m on a rollercoaster,like I get easely agressive,sad,envious and often act or feel like a child-no wonder that my friends are annoyed after such a long time not beeing myself anymore.

solida

disabled since

• Administrator

Thanks, solida.

When you feel up to it, please put your history in your signature -- instructions here and the posts that follow it: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/163-suggestions-for-this-site/page__view__findpost__p__1100

The severe depression I had in the first 2Years has lifted,also the anxiety is far better.But emotional I m on a rollercoaster,like I get easely agressive,sad,envious and often act or feel like a child-no wonder that my friends are annoyed after such a long time not beeing myself anymore.

Hey, Solida. I so understand how "rough it is when it's still so rough after that much time", but we need to look at the progress so far. Yes, we'd like to be already really *much* better by now, but taking it a day at a time is crucial. Every time you feel worse, do your best to remember yourself of the improvement your body has made already. It really helps. Take care!

2008 - Paxil c/t

Albert Einstein

Hi Solida! I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing, and you appeared!

I'm really sorry you're having the flu, and a w/d flare up, and that friends are being impatient.

I'm glad you can see some progress overall.

About being child-like -- I'm 48, and I've been in a lot of therapy and worked on myself a lot, and yet I am so child-like as I go through the neurological healing from the meds. Like you, I am very emotional, reactive, sensitive, volatile.

It's very frustrating and humiliating to be an adult in mid-life and feel immature. Especially when I've already worked on myself so much. Personally, I believe we will end up even more mature for having gone through this process, but, even if you don't believe that, you will definitely return to normalcy eventually. I've watched it happen with other people.

Sending good energy! Come back and visit more often!

thanks all for your kind words.

Meanwhile-because of this long process-I m just scared to death,that I will lose my flat and all social contacts,because I still can t work.....And my friends feel this energy and my neediness in all kind of ways,and thats what make them withdraw.I always try to be positiv,but when I m so down I get snappy and I m envious of there lives.

Yes I have been done lots of therapy as well and I m even more disappointed about not making some more progress.

solida

disabled since

Yes I have been done lots of therapy as well and I m even more disappointed about not making some more progress.

solida

Solida, you're doing your best. Certain things need time. Just time. Do what you can do, accept what needs to be accepted. In certain cases (like in WD), therapy is simply less effective. Don't worry about it. And also don't rebel against the WD. It's what it is. I know this first-hand. Every time I want to rush things, it backfires. Just a little more. You will get there.

2008 - Paxil c/t

Albert Einstein

Surviving-I dont get it why my history doesn t show up and why I cant receive PMs????

Did you get my PM??

disabled since

• Administrator

I did receive your pm, will answer it shortly.

To enter your history in your signature,

above right/ clic on your name/profile/under your name clic "edit my profile"/left "profile"/left "change signature"/put your story/

and of course "save changes"

The history field you completed when you registered is confidential. If you wish, you may copy that history and put it in your signature.

• Administrator

Also, solida, the work you have been doing in psychotherapy is not wasted. You can build on it to cope with symptoms.

The problem is that our symptoms are not psychological in nature, they are physical. Because our nervous systems have been upset, they are sending out signals on their own, independent of our thinking and feeling.

We can make symptoms worse by worrying, a psychological activity, and perhaps delay healing. The techniques you learn in psychotherapy will help you limit that.

All we can do it trust to the future and the healing process, and take care of ourselves as best we can to move healing along.

Grrrr.

I have told you that I m very hypersensitiv to all kind of supplements or medication in the tiniest form.

So.For two days now I have been drinking lot s of herbal tea because of my bronchitis.

Today I could crawl out of my skin,I m very aggressiv and I have this horrible tingling/nervous feeling in my chest.

My common symptoms for hypersensitiveness

I guess the culprit is the liquorice root in the tea.Thats just ridiculous!

solida

disabled since

• Administrator

Interesting. I was just talking to someone about licorice root.

Licorice root contains active biochemicals that increase the amount of cortisol in the kidney, effectively raising the level of a hormone called aldosterone in the body. This increases blood pressure and changes electrolyte balances, which could cause vivid symptoms. Here's an interesting article: http://drholly.typepad.com/licorice/

Yes,and I have read that it even react as an serotonin reuptake inhibitor and it is also used for depression.

I still feel horrible....

solida

disabled since

• Administrator

Stay calm, you'll feel better soon.

Vitamin C counteracts cortisol, can you get orange juice or fresh oranges?

LOL-thanks surviving-yeahhhhh I stay cool ,infact I had this situaion many many times...

It s just so discouraging.

Yes ,I can take Vit C .Done it.

solida

disabled since

• 2 weeks later...

I need your advice.

Just came back from the doctor with a prescription of Zithromax( antibiotic) for my bronchitis.

The lungs are free but a acute brochitis. I m scared -I don t think I can take it because of my hypersensitivity.

I had many infects since withdrawal,but this time it s really bad.

What shall I do????

solida

disabled since

Hi... I have taken the "Z" pack several times without any problems whatsoever. In this case, I think your doctor is correct in giving you this script.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Charter Member 2011

yes the Z is ok,but I ask myself if I can take an antibiotic at all,when I react to all kind of supplements very bad??

solida

disabled since