SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

solida's story

Altostrata

Hoi solida :-)

Iam sorry you feel this way but as I know you do have the Bronchitis quiet a while!!

In my oppinion...try it!!!! before the infekt is getting to mutch!!!

Greets to you

Tramond

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I coulnd t take the antibiotic.I really have developed a phobia against every kind of medication.It took me more than 6 weeks to get over the bronchitis and I felt sick like hell and symptoms of weakness from withdrawal were unbearable.

At the moment I feel depressed,even a friend of mine is here to visit me for 2weeks I m not up to do anything and my mood is not affected by is company.When does this crap end........

solida

Sept.2007 Citalopram for burn out,reverse reaction

Paroxetin 20mg,5 weeks,had to stop because of reverse reaction

after a manic episode,severe withdrawal hit after 6 weeks,

hospitalization twice,during the first 2 years withdrawal got worse and worse

disabled since

• Administrator

solida, this worries me. Bronchitis can develop into pneumonia, which can kill you.

Please, the next time, take the "Z" pack. I'm truly allergic to a lot of antibiotics and I can take the "Z" pack.

True, it might make the withdrawal symptoms worse for a while, but how much worse would it be to get pneumonia?

Anyway, glad you've recovered from the bronchitis.

About the weakness -- are you getting enough protein in your diet? You may need more to rebuild your nervous system.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes,I went to the doctor three times to make sure,that it is not a pneumonia.And yes I should have taken the Z pack,but now I m over it.

I eat eggs,fish,meat and nuts several times a week.Isolatet whey protein I still can t tolerate.This weakness comes in waves. And I ALWAYS ,no matter how weak I m,I walk with my dog every day for about 1 and 1/2 hour in the forest.

I used to run or doing nordic walking-pah -it hasnt been possible at all to do a fast walk since I m in withdrawal.

solida

disabled since

• 2 months later...

Hello ,

unfortunately I never got back on track after my flu in June including a severe setback.It feels like that I haven t recovered from the flu,but I think it was the severe setback.I m still weak,sweat easily (which started with the flu)

and when I wake up I feel beaten up (this I felt in the second year of withdrawal all the time,but it went away finally)

I also feel spaced out.

Now during the change of seasons I even feel more sick.Don t know yet if a wave comes or a new cold.

On Saturday I can go on holdiday with my parents.The first time in the last 4 years and Im longing for it so much.But at the moment I feel so sick that I seriously believe I just don t have the strenght.

In November I will reach the 4year mark and I m sick and depressed like hell.I lose hope and the first time I wish I could just take a pill.......

Solida

disabled since

Solida... NO PILL!!!!!!!

I think going on vacation with your family will help a lot! Allow yourself to enjoy it. Come back when you are home and tell us what a wonderful time you had!

Hugs to you... wish I was going along...

summer

Charter Member 2011

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I m back from my holiday.Psychological I really enjoyed it,felt more relaxed,even could read a book in the evenings.

I also felt more secure,because my parents were around.

Physically it was a disater.We were in the mountains and of course did some hiking every day.Three times I took some lorazepam,which also helps me with the exhaustion,otherwise I could not have been to be out and about all the day.

At the end of the day I was feeling so sick and weak,that most of the time I could not go out for dinner.

Two days I spend in bed.The walks were very exhausting,but at least I could enjoy the nature,the mountains,the warm sun on my skin...but I also felt every minute how sick I m.This feeling never left.

After all beeing back home again I m very very exhausted.

solida

disabled since

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey solida -

Rest up, and declare victory! You were outdoors, with family and the change of pace will be refreshing - as soon as you recover.

Hugs,

Baxter

1989 - 1992 Parnate* 

1992-1998 Paxil - pooped out*, oxazapam, inderal

1998 - 2005 Celexa - pooped out* klonopin, oxazapam, inderal

*don't remember doses

2005 -2007   Cymbalta 60 mg oxazapam, inderal, klonopin

Started taper in 2007:

CT klonopin, oxazapam, inderal (beta blocker) - 2007

Cymbalta 60mg to 30mg 2007 -2010

July 2010 - March 2018 on hiatus due to worsening w/d symptoms, which abated and finally disappeared. Then I stalled for about 5 years because I didn't want to deal with W/D.

March 2018 - May 2018 switch from 30mg Cymbalta to 20mg Celexa 

19 mg Celexa October 7, 2018

18 mg Celexa November 5, 2018

17 mg Celexa  December 2, 2019

16 mg Celexa January 6, 2018 

15 mg Celexa March 7, 2019

14 mg Celexa April 24, 2019

13 mg Celexa June 28, 2019

12.8 mg Celexa November 10, 2019

12.4 Celexa August 31, 2020

12.2 Celexa December 28, 2020

12 mg Celexa March 2021

11 mg  Celexa February 2023

Hi,

bad news again.

Today I had my third root canal treatment among other teeth problems since w/d.

Now my wisdom tooth has to be removed surgically.

The anesthetization today gave me lots of anxiety. Do I have to respect something when I have the surgery ?

Are there anesthetizations which are less harming my CNS? I guess I also need to take some antibiotics.

And all this during the wave I m already in!!!Thanks.

solida

disabled since

• Administrator

Oooof! Well, you don't want a wisdom tooth removed without anesthesia.

Tell your doctor you have autonomic instability -- and to please use an anesthetic that's least likely to cause a reaction. Your dental surgeon may have to look this up, but anesthesiologists are educated about autonomic instability.

Good luck to you with the surgery.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Alto-so good to be here....

solida

disabled since

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody,here an update from me: 4,5 years after I took paxil.

As I already said, many many symptoms has resolved but I still feel pretty damaged.

My main problem before I took the meds was exhaustion,but I never felt depressed and I worked full time.

5 weeks Paroxetin and its bad reaction has changed my life and I m still disabled now.

The first 6 months I was suffering full blown akathesia,panic,anxiety day and night.I think I was even psychotic sometimes.Scary thoughts ,horrible pictures in my head.The urge to hurt myself.Suicidal thoughts and so on.I was hospitalised twice with severe depression.I also developed tics and parkinson symptoms.Vomitting in the mornings.All those horrible stuff is gone now.

After about 8 months I thought I will turn the corner and felt so much better.But at month 12 it went down hill again and I was bedbound with heavy weakness.This went on for about a year.Getting slowly better I did the mistake and tried St.Johns Word and was back at square one with akathesia and horrible anxiety.Very bad was also this emotional kind of sole-pain in my chest.I had no apetite and lost a lot of weight.My appearance changed completely.Change in skin an hair.My menstruation stopped and has never shown up since.

Since then things slowly improved.But slowly.I did therapy,could walk with my dog again,

starded a self-help group,moved houses,made new friends and also broke with old ones.

I experienced good windows but also kind of manic phases.

Now 4,5 years out my main problem is the autonomic dysfunction.Like I m always feeling cold,my nerves are still very sensitive and I get anxious very easily.I still have flu like symptomps when I overdo.

I still have morning anxiety,emotional instability,depressed sometimes ,my mood doesn t swing that much anymore but is still flat,neck pain and chest pain on and off,headaches resolved.I eat everything now and my appetite is full back but I still can t put on weight.My sleep is ok.I m tired all day long and still suffering from anhedonia but not as bad as before.Racing thoughts when I try to solve a problem,and muscle pain and head preassure if I get anxious too much about something.And still cognitive problems .

Every supplemet I have tried,or even light therapy made things worse.The ony supplemet I tolerated which regulated my blood sugar was chromium picolinate an amino acid.

Well,even it is not hell anymore I have the feeling I have lost part of my personality and

I still feel traumatised.

There are days I just want to die but I love the days when Im out in the sun,in the forest with my dog and when I have a real laugh with my friends,when I can enjoy a self-made meal again and I don t give up hope and can feel my old strenght in me that keeps me going.

I want to thank you all very much ....

lg solida

disabled since

• Administrator

solida, that is such good news, after all this time.

Have you tried acupuncture? It helped me with the temperature regulation, but I tended to be hot rather than cold. It's good for regulating heartbeat and blood pressure, too, if they're part of your autonomic instability.

Hello Altostrata,

I tried acupuncture two years ago.I told her to be very careful and to place needles only for calming my nervous system.It did!! But far too strong.I was lying there in a stupor for days and this was very frightening.

But I will try it again sometime.At the moment I m too scared to mess up my nervous system again.

lg solida

disabled since

Hey solida,

I am very sorry to hear that you are still having so many bad symptoms, thought and hoped that you were much better by now. But still, I am glad to read that you have improvements and I am of course not surprised, as you always told me that it is getting better with time ;)

Still, it is taking much too long for some of us...

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

I had quite a few good windows and periods of time where I felt much much better,yes.

But it never stayed this way,unfortunately.

And I my case I have the feeling that after the setback in summer due to the flu things never went as good as before.

Yes ,it is a long and unpredictable way for some of us.

solida

disabled since