johnson: 5htp and PSSD?

johnson

7.5 years later... still struggling daily with headaches/tension, pssd and some dizziness and ringing in my ear(that's gotten worse recently).
I'm not quite sure what else to add other than I think a lifetime of stress I put on my very sensitive nervous system has put me in the situation i'm in today.
I've done as much as I possibly could to recover over the past 7.5 years. And i've made a lot of positive changes to help that recovery but the rest is in the universe' hands.

Sorry for the gloom update but just know that most of you probably won't take this long to recover.

I haven't given up.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for updating us on your situation.  I'm sorry to read that you haven't improved.

38 minutes ago, johnson said:

I haven't given up.

I am very pleased to read that.  Please continue to look after yourself. 

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 year later...

Thank you for updating your progress. It means a lot. Rooting for you. 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

• 2 months later...

Hi @Johnson1 how have you been since?  Your story touched me deeply and brought tears to my eyes.  I really hope you recover permanently.  Did you have premature ejaculation or shrunken sex?  Is it improved today?  Take care of yourself, I'm sure you'll be able to start a family, you deserve it.

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 6:59 PM, Parisien said:

Hi @Johnson1 how have you been since?  Your story touched me deeply and brought tears to my eyes.  I really hope you recover permanently.  Did you have premature ejaculation or shrunken sex?  Is it improved today?  Take care of yourself, I'm sure you'll be able to start a family, you deserve it.

Thank you very much for your kinds words. Unfortunately as far as my sexual problems go, they are still about the same. Which is not great. I still have issues with dizziness/vertigo and ear ringing as well. I don't think it will ever go away. And as I get older i'll probably get more things go wrong. I just hope all the positive diet and lifestyle changes I've made over the years means that hopefully I won't have any other major health issues. And hopefully I won't have to take any medications as I get older or none at all would be great!

I can say that the tension/headaches/back problems I have struggled with for many years have improved over the last 2 years. I used to get extremely bad migraines when this all started about 10 years ago. Which I haven't had in many many years luckily. I think working from home(due to covid) has helped a lot of with my physical health. It has helped reduced quite a bit of stress on my life and on my body(the daily grind is killer).

I've had a lot of time to reflect on my life the past 10 years. To sum it up bluntly it's been hell. My family had lots of issues as well brothers got divorced, sick father. I honestly don't know what's kept me going these past 10 years(well the last 15-20 years of my life have been hard). Maybe a higher spirit or higher power kept pushing me forward even as my life kept going backwards and downhill. Also knowing that there really is no other choice expect to keep pushing forward no matter what as there is no other option other than to keep living.

It's been so hard seeing people around me, friends moving on with their lives, getting married, having kids and buying houses. All the while I was stuck at home at my parents place going through hell. It's been one of the hardest things to go through.

However it's not all bad news. I've been doing more physical work lately(yard work, landscaping etc) which wasn't possible even 3-4 years ago. I've learned how to cook and clean and not only take care of my sick father but also better take care of myself and others around me. I can also say that after almost 40 years of living I finally have more confidence and higher self esteem than ever before(even with the sexual dysfunction which is and can be a huge confidence killer for any man). My anxiety no longer controls my life(though i still stress quite a bit). I don't take any pills supplements or medications for my anxiety. I don't need to and never will. I have learned how to deal with anxiety just by living life, socializing, participating in life events and making diet and lifestyle changes. That's really the only way for me. Medication is only a temporary band-aid solution but not long term solution.

I can now very easily socialize with people including strangers. I can carry conversations and even mistakenly talk over people as well lol!

To anyone out there reading this going through your own challenges and struggles in life, no matter what situation life brings you always try to hold your head up high! Try and be positive no matter what this universe brings you. Whether good or bad. Keep fighting, be a warrior and try not to give up. If you get knocked down over and over and over try to keep getting back up again and again and again. I wish I had known all this when I was younger that life is and can be very tough and very difficult. I wish I was this strong when i was a teenager or even as a young adult. But its all part of the learning process.

Also, I think I'm finally ready to meet a woman. It's still a challenge for me. I've never had a lot of luck with women in my life. Plus I have additional challenges as stated above. But I'm gonna give it my best shot. With me luck friends!

If any admins read this, it's not a recovery. I do not considered myself recovered. I just have maybe been finally able to accept my life for what it is. I finally feel ready to move forward with all of my life's current and future challenges and hopefully start a new chapter in my life after so many agonizing years of hell and being stuck!

@johnson

This is an amazing update. BEAUTIFUL. 

I am bowled over by your courage, wisdom, tenacity, integrity. 

Thank you so much for sharing this. You are my hero!

Congratulations on all your very, very hard work and well done. 

I trust you will continue to heal and grow moving forward.

Life has so much love and light and joy and deliciousness in store for you!

I wish you all the luck in the world <3

In solidarity and support,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• 1 month later...

Hello @johnson, how have you been since?  Did your dysfunction evolve, did you have premature ejaculation or shrinkage?  Regarding the brain fog, have you improved?

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021