SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

2Reds...my journey

2Reds

I've been on antidepressants for bout 5 years now. It started with postpartum depression and evolved into generalized depression/anxiety. After many different medications, the most recent combination I was on was Zoloft and Lamictal that I slowly titrated up last August. It seemed to keep me steady, but I really wanted to feel better than steady, like myself before any of this started. After an increase at the beginning of January, I developed the Lamictal rash. A low headache followed. The rash was first on my abdomen. When that cleared up, it was then in one eye. And when my eye cleared, then the rash seemed to settle and stay on my face (smile line area) and chin. My psychiatrist wasn't too worried about the rash because it wasn't all over my body. He instructed I lower the Lamictal dose and increase it again, but this time more slowly. Subsequently increasing Zoloft to try to balance the mood effects.

After a month, the rash was the same but the headache became quite severe. Thinking it might've been connected with the Zoloft, I decreased the dose to 100mg. I also tried many ways to manage the pain, but to no avail. Literally. Everything. From over the counter to prescriptions, herbal to essentials oils. I consulted a Family Practice doc at this time because having so much pain with the rash didn't seem right. He said the rash didn't look like anything at all, but still advised me to drop the Lamictal dose to 50 mg twice a day, and I left feeling like an idiot who went to the doctor for a "headache." At that point, I set up a taper plan to wean down slowly, knowing that it would take time and thinking that all this mess was caused by medications.

That headache took me to the ER because I was in such pain. The ER doc I saw, and my psychiatrist by that point, advised me to stop Zoloft and Lamictal and set up appointments for an MRI and a neurologist. The MRI was so loud and intense, that's what started the vomiting, and I haven't seen the neuro doc yet. That was a week ago. Through a google search I found out about Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome and think that's exactly what I'm experiencing. Emotionally, I feel fine, just frustrated and tearful when the pain gets too bad. Physically I feel the painful headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, shakiness, sweating and shivering at the same time (flu-like symptoms). I told my psychiatrist who then said, "Well, maybe you do just have the flu." Seriously?! If/When depression and anxiety come back, then I will tackle that as a separate issue. Right now, the physical effects feel like too much. I can't work. I can't take care of my kids. Thankfully I have help from family and friends, but I can't survive this way...we all can't live like this.

I'm afraid to start any other medication just to have to taper down. If I stick it out, then will I have severe physical problems that will only last a few weeks? Or do I restart the Zoloft and try to taper like I should have been doing, which may or may not lessen the physical symptoms and puts me right back to this place just later down the road? I don't want to start or even think about Lamictal again. I'm already one week down, but with an unknown time frame in front of me for how long this will last.

Many people in this forum describe similar difficulties. Mine currently are physical, not emotional, but the questions are the same. What do I do? Where do I go from here?

2Reds

2008: Started Lexapro after dealing with a year of not wanting to admit to myself that I had postpartum depression

2008-2010: Normal until 2nd pregnancy, which was WAY more difficult than the first

2011: Struggling with postpartum depression again. Lexapro not working anymore

2012: Wellbutrin, Celexa, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Vistaril, Xanax, Zoloft, Lamictal

January 2013: Zoloft 250mg and Lamictal 300mg

Developed Lamictal rash on my face and a persistent headache.

Weaned down to 100mg for both meds over a few weeks.

Feb 18 2013: Rash unchanged, headache severe. Stopped both meds.

Now dealing with AD withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello 2Reds,

Welcome to the forum. I'm terribly sorry for your suffering! You may need to reinstate a small dose of Zoloft and taper it more slowly.

You absolutely could suffer for an extended period of time. Since you haven't been off the Zoloft but one week, reinstatement would likely make you feel much better.

You say that you reduced to 100mg, correct? What dosage were you on prior to reducing?

Alto is wonderful and has helped me and scores of others with what I call "expert advice".

If you feel up to it, it would be very helpful for you to add your drug history by following instructions in this link:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Then your history will appear under each post you make and enable others to give you the best advice.

You will get a lot of TLC from everyone here!

• Administrator

Welcome, 2Reds.

It does sound like the rash was from Lamictal. Your psychiatrist should have immediately reduced and discontinued it.

My understanding is that if you're taking too much Lamictal for your nervous system (amount varies among individuals), one of the symptoms is a terrible headache.

It's possible you might have become sensitized to the Zoloft as well, and now you have withdrawal symptoms from both.

You might try a very low dose of Zoloft, 2mg for example, to see if it does any good for you. If it works, you may be surprised at how little it takes to reduce withdrawal symptoms.You'd want to try a very low dose because, if you are sensitized to it, it might make you feel worse.

Zoloft comes in a liquid form, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

2Reds welcome to the forums, you will find lots of support here. PND is absolutely miserable, I had it as well and was also prescribed Zoloft (called sertraline in the UK)and struggled with it. Agree with Tezza and Alto's advice to try reinstating a little zoloft, something I had to do in the past before discovering how to taper properly, coming off AD's is more of a long game, the short cuts often backfire.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

So sorry to hear of your pain. You have found a wonderful resource here.

Hang in there.

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi 2reds

Have you thought about the suggestion to reinstate a small amount?

It you leave this too long it may no longer be an option

Withdrawal symptoms are a sign your body isnt coping with the discontinuation. Going back on allows you to step your body down slowly. Many of us have had to do this.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I'm not very tech savvy, so please excuse my inability to follow threads and forums. FeelingAlone seems to be going through a very similar withdrawl, but I don't know how I originally stumbled on that post. (I would appreciate a note from the staff on how best to navigate this site.)

Anyway...

After a week and a half since stopping Zoloft and Lamictal cold turkey I feel like I have a very faint glimmer of hope; last night I realized that the pain wasn't so intense as it was the day before or since the headache began in early January. I no longer had to use ear plugs just to be able to be near my kids!

My initial emotional struggles of depression and anxiety are still at bay, but each day I deal with the physical symptoms of pain, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, fuzzy brain, blurry vision, sweating and shivering at the same time, tingling hands, vision tracking - especially when I move my head or body too fast. I have yet to experience the brain zaps, but I do have difficulty connecting thoughts. If I pause in the middle of an idea, then I forget what I was talking about. I've looked through the "symptoms and side effects" on this site and found that many others have been through exactly what I'm feeling. Many others describe the head/neck/shoulder pain that I have, but I didn't find any tips on how to manage the pain, or how long it took to go away, or what helped to ease getting through each day.

I met with a neurologist team on Tuesday. They said my pain sounds more like tension headaches with anxiety and that physical therapy with low impact exercise like yoga, pilates, or martial arts will be the solution, but in the meantime I need to go through a washout from the meds. They said it was like I need to retrain my brain and muscles on how to properly relax. I left that appointment feeling very hopeful, but I also feel naive about this whole process. Has anyone else been told this? Tried physical therapy, massage, and/or exercise that helped them function through withdrawal? I also learned from a neighbor about biofeedback and energy work with this same goal of managing depression, anxiety, pain, and many other focuses. Anyone done that with success??

I was so proud of FeelingAlone to share that going for walks was helpful. I haven't been able to do that until yesterday. I got outside for just about an hour. An outing that didn't involve doctor appointments, only a positive distraction! I even bought a new calendar book to write down those times when I feel slightly up. It's strange that when I'm at home I sweat and shiver, but when I leave my house I get so hot that I don't need a jacket. Mind you, it's winter and yesterday was around 25 F. I am going to continue looking at it as a positive even though it wore me out and the few hours after that were grim.

Today I am meeting a new psychiatrist in hopes that he'll know more about discontinuation syndrome, won't be so pushy about meds, and will be able to help me when/if depression and anxiety come back. The doctor I am currently working with is the only psychiatrist I've seen, so I'm a bit nervous to try to find a new one. Suggestions? Specific questions I should ask that would be helpful?

I want someone who will believe in me, who will actually care for and about me, someone who won't say "Maybe you just have the flu" or "Maybe it's all in your head." I'm limited by my insurance, so I'm not asking for referrals, I'm asking for help trying to get established with a new doc.

Even though I've been needing mental health care for 5+ years, it's still a scary world to me.

2008: Started Lexapro after dealing with a year of not wanting to admit to myself that I had postpartum depression

2008-2010: Normal until 2nd pregnancy, which was WAY more difficult than the first

Hi 2Reds,

So happy to hear you made it outside for an hour!! What a great accomplishment. Keep up the great work!!

Celexa 40mg from 2004-Oct. 2012. Had to stop cold turkey due to Serotonin Syndrome. Tried to reinstate 3 weeks after ct, but had an allergic reaction to it.

Amitriptyline 25 mg from 11/07/12-11/30/12. Stopped due to inability to stay awake and made anxiety worse.

Lexapro started at 5mg and slowly increased to 15mg Dec. 8 2012-Feb. 15th 2013. Had to stop cold turkey due to Serotonin Toxicity.

Lamictal 5mg 3/2/13 to try to stabilize my nerves. Seems to be helping with the brain zaps, emotional rollercoaster, and DP/DR.

Find a reason to smile everyday :-)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi 2Reds,

I merged your new topic with your existing topic. We are limited to one topic per member in the Intro and Update forum.

You can ask questions and add updates as this is your very own thread. You can also use it like a journal, this comes in handy to check your progress.

You can use the search box in the upper right corner to locate what you're looking for most of the time.

I wish you the best with your new doctor. I would just try to find out what he/she knows about withdrawal syndrome.

Try to present yourself in a calm manner.

• Moderator Emeritus

2Reds,

I also take Lamictal and have noticed that when I accidentally left it off I had a horrible headache. It also caused my neck and shoulder muscles to hurt. I didn't realize I'd left it off until I found the tiny piece in the floor a couple of days later.

Thank you, tezza, for your navigation help, in all that ways that means. Calm is something I can do on the outside, but not on the inside very well. I guess I've been pretty successful at hiding the inside me because as I open up and share my struggles with friends they've all commented that they never would've guessed that I was dealing with depression and anxieties in my life. Those are the pains no one sees. Physical pains aren't so easy to hide, especially when word gets out that I've been to miserable to leave my house.

I've also been surprised that no one is judging. Logically, I knew I had good enough friends that wouldn't think twice about it, but I didn't always feel that in my heart. Now I'm starting to, out of necessity really.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so glad you have friends like that, you are blessed.

I'm really sorry about your pain especially since you had no choice but to leave off the Lamictal. It is a good possibility that's causing your headache.

My heart goes out to you.

• Administrator

I met with a neurologist team on Tuesday. They said my pain sounds more like tension headaches with anxiety and that physical therapy with low impact exercise like yoga, pilates, or martial arts will be the solution, but in the meantime I need to go through a washout from the meds. They said it was like I need to retrain my brain and muscles on how to properly relax. I left that appointment feeling very hopeful, but I also feel naive about this whole process. Has anyone else been told this? Tried physical therapy, massage, and/or exercise that helped them function through withdrawal? I also learned from a neighbor about biofeedback and energy work with this same goal of managing depression, anxiety, pain, and many other focuses. Anyone done that with success??

The doctors don't know anything about withdrawal syndrome, but that's typical.

Washout from meds is irrelevant, unless they're thinking of medicating you again. I suggest you be very careful with this. Withdrawal syndrome and neurological dysregulation from a severe drug reaction cannot be treated as psychiatric disorders.

Gentle exercise can assist recovery, as can physical therapy and massage. Many of us have found acupuncture to be helpful with physical pain. See the topics in this forum http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/ for suggestions about what you can do to support your recovery.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I met with a new psychiatrist yesterday. After going through my story, he asked me if I thought I was a perfectionist, about OCD behaviors, and said the same thing the neuro doc said about anxiety and tension headaches. So much for trying to be calm. I know that I have perfectionist tendencies, but I've learned to control it over the years. As examples, I still like my shoe laces tied in a certain path, but it doesn't have to be that way, and sometimes I purposely do it differently just to break routine. My house doesn't have to be in complete order. I've learned to live with a degree of "orderly disorder" which has been helpful since having kids. I'm obsessive but not compulsive. I've turned that into a good thing like obsessing over large purchases, basically money management. I don't see that as bad, and neither did this doc, but he still said he'd put me in the anxiety category but as high-functioning.

He also said if he was my doctor, then he would put me on the highest dose of an antidepressant and an added benzo for anxiety, and then wrote down a whole spattering of different medications that that would entail. He also included a list of non-drug things to try since talk therapy hasn't been the right fit for me. That list includes exercise, massage, physical therapy (for the pain), regular sleep, meditation and mindfulness, biofeedback, and good nutrition which means staying away from processed foods. The most helpful thing he said was regarding a time frame. Even though the drugs are out of my system, my brain is still reacting to the effects, and it will take about 2 months to return to a kind of baseline.

I guess I'll know more about myself after 2 months, but in the mean time I'm going to work on all the non-drug methods. I don't want to stay like this forever. I'll fight now, but I don't want the fight to always be like this.

I feel discouraged today. My glimmer of hope is that I'm not as nauseous as I was yesterday or the day before.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, tezza, for your navigation help, in all that ways that means. Calm is something I can do on the outside, but not on the inside very well. I guess I've been pretty successful at hiding the inside me because as I open up and share my struggles with friends they've all commented that they never would've guessed that I was dealing with depression and anxieties in my life. Those are the pains no one sees. Physical pains aren't so easy to hide, especially when word gets out that I've been to miserable to leave my house.

I've also been surprised that no one is judging. Logically, I knew I had good enough friends that wouldn't think twice about it, but I didn't always feel that in my heart. Now I'm starting to, out of necessity really.

Me too, people are always surprised when they find out the problems I've had with depression, anxiety, drug withdrawal. I think most of us in this situation are harsh critics of ourselves as well, don't know if you're like that as well? I'm very hard on myself but very forgiving of other people. I'm often surprised at how understanding people actually are if I open up.

I'm sorry the psychiatrist visit was so depressing, presenting you with a list of drugs right now :(

You're doing all the right things and you have lots of support here if it all feels too much.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Hi 2reds, just wanted to see how you are doing....

Celexa 40mg from 2004-Oct. 2012. Had to stop cold turkey due to Serotonin Syndrome. Tried to reinstate 3 weeks after ct, but had an allergic reaction to it.

Amitriptyline 25 mg from 11/07/12-11/30/12. Stopped due to inability to stay awake and made anxiety worse.

Lexapro started at 5mg and slowly increased to 15mg Dec. 8 2012-Feb. 15th 2013. Had to stop cold turkey due to Serotonin Toxicity.

Lamictal 5mg 3/2/13 to try to stabilize my nerves. Seems to be helping with the brain zaps, emotional rollercoaster, and DP/DR.

Thanks for asking, FeelingAlone. Each day has been a different story because how I feel varies hour to hour. Looking back over yesterday I had a very up and down morning, wonderful afternoon (got outside for a while!), up and down evening, and difficult night. I'm finding I can be up for a time, but then have to go back to bed for a time, and it applies to mood, pain, the other physical withdrawal junk, and posture. I threw up so much over these last few days that it reminded me of being pregnant all over again. Thank goodness that's taken care of so I know that it won't even be a worry again. My anxiety is coming up full-force, and I can feel myself tense around it. I'm noticing that I'm obsessing over issues that are really nothing and turning them into huge problems. It's taking all the strength I can muster to fight it.

A victory I had yesterday: I was able to tolerate being around many family members. Something I haven't been able to do for over 2 weeks! I've also been looking at a couple websites that help my mind to calm down with the hopes of finding what can calm my body.

I've decided to try Epsom salt baths. The first bath was nice, the second made me super dizzy, so I probably staying in too long or maybe had too hot of water.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2871-healing-bath-for-anyone-who-hurts-or-simply-needs-to-relax-httpwpmep5nnb-7wj/

Here's coping strategies for pain from withdrawal.

http://beyondmeds.com/2011/02/20/copingpain/

And I've been liking this toolbox for coping.

http://beyondmeds.com/2011/12/12/toolbox/

I'm so tired of all this. I'm tired of being a spectator and not a participant in life. But I'm not giving up, I'm not giving in. I don't get to go back and change this path, I'm still unsure of what to do for the future, so for right now, I'm stuck on my couch while my family takes care of my kids. Right now is ok.

• Administrator

2Reds, I know you don't want to, but please consider a small reinstatment of Zoloft for the withdrawal symptoms. I'm glad you're improving, but recovery from cold turkey can take many months.

Hi 2reds, you haven't posted in a few days and wanted to say hi and see how you are. I'm drawn to you since you seem to be in the same boat as me...too bad we don't have paddles, lol. I'm making a lil bit of progress and hope you are too.

I haven't posted anything recently because I didn't want to just rant negativity, which is what seems to come out whenever I talk or try to write.

I'm actually doing better. Better than even a week ago. Plus, I haven't thrown up in a few days! I was able to go into work today for a few hours. I haven't worked since Feb 16th, and today was all about computer continuing education stuff and paperwork. This needed to happen because I'm taking a leave of absence for a little while until my body and mind learn how to work again. Nausea is at bay, but I'm shaking pretty bad, which makes it difficult to type or write, and I still have hot sweats and cold shivers at the same time. Because I'm not throwing up, I was able to gain back a couple pounds -- a good thing because I lost a lot over the past weeks.

Alostrata, I appreciate your kind nudge of restarting Zoloft, but I'm still holding off for now because I'm going to have a test done called QEEG (Quantitative Electroencephalogram). It's a brain scan to see which chemicals my brain electricity responds to the most. It's a way narrow down what drugs or medication groups I'd be most sensitive to, which can then focus therapy in the right direction. I have to be off all meds at that time for a few days, including stimulants like caffeine and chocolate. Zoloft being the longest at 11 days and Advil being the shortest at 10 hours. I started physical therapy yesterday in hopes of finding a solution to the pain...pain that started 2 months ago...pain with no known cause...pain that was worsened by Lamictal and Zoloft and then by withdrawals...pain that still hasn't retreated; although, it's less and different than it was. My ears still cringe and ring at noise, but I don't have to use ear plugs anymore to be around my kids.

Weirdly, showering and getting ready wear me out, so I'm trying Epsom salt baths along with yoga, stretches, nutritional changes, etc., all to try to help. I don't know if any of that is working or if I'm just waiting it out, but honestly I don't feel as bad as I did 2 weeks ago. I still want to feel better, of course, and I have a lot of fears about taking ADs again, so I'll wait it out longer and see what this brain scan shows. It's on the 18th.

Don't worry about being negative...we are all going thru this together. It will also be beneficial for you to be able to look back on your postings to see the progress you've made :-) We have a long journey ahead of us and we can do it together!! Each day we make it through is a small victory in its own.

• Administrator

I'm sorry 2Reds, I wouldn't expect much from QEEG and I doubt very much it can tell you "what drugs or medication groups I'd be most sensitive to, which can then focus therapy in the right direction." Who told you that?

It's a brain imaging technique used to diagnose psychiatric disorders. That it isn't used universally speaks to the fact that it has no known validity for this type of diagnosis. See this article http://blog.neulaw.org/?tag=qeeg

The QEEG has been used clinically to diagnose illnesses such as ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) by giving “neurofeedback.” ADHD was characterized by a large number of slow brainwaves and a smaller amount of fast wave activity. Patients would in turn receive “neurofeedback training” for ADHD. However, scientists such as psychiatry professor at the State University of New York Upstate Medical University and ADHD expert Russell Barkley argued that neurotherapy from QEEG neurofeedback is similar to the placebo effect. However, neurotherapy supporters mention that Barkley’s research is funded by large drug companies (3). Either way, the fact that there is doubt and skepticism in the field is reason to worry for QEEG’s validity and confidence in its results.

Daniel Carlat in Wired http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/magazine/16-06/mf_neurohacks?currentPage=all

Looking through some of the papers that Prichep hands me at the end of my visit, I find the same pattern of inconclusive group average differences that make the Spect and PET findings so hard to interpret. According to UCLA neurologist Marc Nuwer, who assessed the QEEG field for the American Academy of Neurology, these findings mean little. "Running large numbers of statistical tests routinely causes large numbers of randomly encountered purported statistical abnormalities' that are of no clinical significance." The only way to see whether these so-called profiles are valid is to choose one derived from such studies and then see if the profile actually correlates with a diagnosis. The best study along these lines couldn't establish a correlation. Nuwer calls it "a total failure."

Many of us have spent thousands of dollars on all kinds of tests to diagnose withdrawal symptoms, and come up with no usable information.

There are many doctors who don't have a clue about iatrogenic damage from psychiatric drugs who, in good faith, will try all kinds of exotic diagnostic techniques.

If you have gotten sucked in by the Amen Clinics, please be careful about paying a lot of money for these useless scans and arbitrary treatment.

• Moderator Emeritus

The tests you're having look like a lot of expensive hocus-pocus to me. Please don't delay much longer with reinstating a small amount of Zoloft. After a month or so of no medication the results of reinstatement become a lot more iffy.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Hello friend :-) Just wanted to say hello and hope you are having a good day. Just keep being strong and remember that we can make it through this!!

Hi 2Reds, just wanted to stop by and say hello and give you a "hug"!!! Hope you are hanging in there and are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Hey 2Reds, you haven't posted in a few days and hope you are doing ok...

Thanks FA. I'm ok. Just pushing through each day.

Just thinking of you 2Reds :-) Each day we get through is a lil victory!!!

Hello 2Reds....I hope your doing ok. Are any of your symptoms improving? How's the withdrawal going?

Hey 2Reds, how'd your scan go today?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 2Reds, you haven't posted in almost a month. I hope you are doing better and have found a way to stabilize. I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to.

FA