Basic Bloodwork From Before Taking Drugs

alexjuice

Since 1998, I've seen the same doctor. Before that I was in high school and didn't have a regular doctor. However, since 1997 I have been on Drugs, continously.

I'd like to look at basic bloodwork from before I started to compare it with everything after. Some things, I've always been a bit low or high. I always thought, "That's just me." But it really isn't. Me on Drugs.

Anybody ever compared before/after labs (like blood count, or metabolic panel)?

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

I haven't sat down and compared bloodwork results line by line, but I always read over the reports and I don't remember anything much changing from before antidepresssants to afterward. What did go all over the board was my previously well-controlled blood pressure which went from very low to higher than desirable (but not dangerously so) while I was in withdrawal.

Because withdrawal syndrome is largely a nervous system problem, I doubt that abnormalities would show up in bloodwork. Just my non-medical opinion.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

I have all my blood tests going back 11 years. I can see I was chronically low in B12! Nobody dealt with that.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

That's shocking because b12 isn't something my doctors have ever ordered. I had a b12 test last year and it did come back low but it was specifically ordered so it wasn't overlooked. I don't see how one overlooks it. That's pretty negligent.

I am thinking of getting a copy of my whole file from the regional clinic. It goes back to 1998 but not before ADs. I don't know if the bloodwork would show anything different, probably not, but I'd still like a copy for my records.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

My doctor doesn't test for B12 either, if my last two blood panels are typical. There's a really heavy emphasis on cholesterol, but little to nothing on other areas that I believe are important. :(

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

My original autoimmune/ endocrine condition (Hashimoto's) was discovered a few years after starting on SSRIs. I don't have labwork from before starting psych meds, but have been wondering what connection there is. My life (and body) went into chaos immediately after starting Zoloft in 1993, all attributed to stress.

Good question, Alex. I am hoping that my endocrine system will reset to some degree.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy