SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Nofear: Hello!

Nofear

Hello, all!

My life has been trashed by anti depressants. I was a good lawyer, and strong worker until I began Zoloft. After spending 20 years in a Zoloft or Prozac haze, I quit Zoloft during a slow taper. The drugs made me profoundly psychotic, made me deaf (my hearing came back after the Zoloft cleared my system), and made my life unmanageable. Never again.

Welcome! You have found a great site.

How long was your taper? Are you experiencing any withdrawal symptoms?

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nofear,

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us, you will get lots of support here. I'm so sorry things have gone downhill for you.

How long have you been off the meds?

Are you having any symptoms?

If you don't mind, would you add your drug history like so:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Please tell us more about yourself.

Tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Nofear! Please tell us more about yourself - how long you've been off Zoloft, any residual withdrawal symptoms, how we can best help you, et cetera.

There is lots of sound information on this site and gentle, friendly support to be had. I don't know how I would have made it through withdrawal from Lexapro without SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Nofear,

welcome!

Tell us all about yourself. You'll find the best advice and support available here.

We'd love to see your medication history so we can help you take the next step

take care

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Nofear, you were on the same two drugs as me. Are you still practising as a lawyer?

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.