SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

Dear Alto ..I wonder .. I do not remember if I said here, but I was given AD 'S as part of treatment for Hyperthyroid ..I was ill, with bad reactions to each ..Some of the reactions never went away, such as ataxia and dizziness ..

And so I wonder if I reinstitute the Lexapro or the Sertraline, would those initial problems present themselves again, and sabotage the effort.?

I hope you understand my question ..In gratitude ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

Alto, Jemima what is Serotonin syndrome, and how one feels on it ..? When I was at the rehabilitate clinic, the psych Dr diagnosed me with Serotonin syndrome ...

Thank you ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Aww, Flower ..I weep as I read your post ..Thank you tor writing, and for your encouragement..I wishyou wellness with all my heart..I woke this morning shaking like a leaf, it looks like neurological issues ..my head is once again in a bad place, with heaviness and numbness ..Also my cheeks ..I have numbness with tingling ..

Thank you for letting me complain to you, first thing ..

I will pray for your well being ...with love and gratitude ..Lex

My whole face will tingle and my lips get numb..Part of the process I believe. I cry and type alot..Remember we are here with you.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Administrator

Serotonin syndrome happens when you are on too many drugs that increase serotonin. When you are off drugs, you cannot have serotonin syndrome.

As for reinstating:

Lexapro comes in a liquid, you can get a prescription from him and take a little bit, such as 2mg to start, to see if it helps your symptoms. For more information about Lexapro, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/ Zoloft also comes in a liquid, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/ -- but I would reinstate just one of the two SSRIs.

....The day he dropped the 12.5 of Zoloft, my BP shot up .. When he re -instituted 12.5 ml of Zoloft my BP again went sky high....

If you're considering reinstatement, a very small amount of either Lexapro or Zoloft (NOT BOTH TOGETHER) may help your withdrawal symptoms without setting off high blood pressure.

Dear Alto ..I wonder .. I do not remember if I said here, but I was given AD 'S as part of treatment for Hyperthyroid ..I was ill, with bad reactions to each ..Some of the reactions never went away, such as ataxia and dizziness ..

And so I wonder if I reinstitute the Lexapro or the Sertraline, would those initial problems present themselves again, and sabotage the effort.?

I hope you understand my question ..In gratitude ..xx

Yes, it is possible either Zoloft or Lexapro might give you the same adverse reactions you had when you were on them before. That is why I suggested a very small amount, if you wish to attempt reinstatement. 2mg Zoloft would be milder than 2mg Lexapro. (MilliGRAMS, not milliLITERS.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Happy and healthy Easter if you are celebrating dear Flower ..I am saddened that you are going through these terrible side effects .. Thank you for writing to me ..

Last night another issue came calling ... My ears suddenly started to almost plug up, the feeling getting very uncomfortable .. This caused my head to react with severe dizziness, also causing anxiety, with my stomach hurting ..and my heart doing the weird beats ...It went on through out the night, and it is still here this morning .. My whole head and ears are in a very bad place ..

Have you heard of this? Has anyone complained about issues with the ears?

I do not have a cold and this is the first time this has happened..

I will be grateful tor any input ..Thank you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Happy Easter Alto ..Wishing you blessings ..

Thank you for your care .. I will pay attention to ml and Mg ..

Alto I wrote to Flower about a new issue that showed up last night .. Suddenly my ears felt full and uncomfortable .. My head reacted with more dizziness and the dreaded anxiety set in too ..

I still have it today ..

Have you come across this issue with the ears Alto.? Please tell me, as it creates more distress ..

Thank you Alto ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

I personally did not have that symptom but many people have reported it.

I believe you have a classic case of withdrawal syndrome, lexicon.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yesterday, I suffered another prolonged anxiety attack ..Those are ugly, and I dread them ..

But I wonder why now,? It has been over 2 months since an abrupt and quick taper, by a professional ..

Could someone please tell me how these attacks will unfold.?? Would they stay around to torment, or will they go away ..?

What distress and havoc they cause ..:(

Also, are there any supplements recommended to take, to make this nightmare easier ..?

Thank you for any help and encouragement to carry through ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Dear Jemima ..I am saddened you went through all that grief ..I am praying tor your continued well being .

About Ativan, reading what you, and Rhi talked about, it frightens me as I have been taking 4 tablets, ( 0.5) each, every day ..

The whole year of 2012, I kept the dose at 4yimes daily, every 4 hours.

This year, and after the taper I feel that the Ativan does not help me at all especially when I go through Anxiety attacks ..And so I wonder if I ho through withdrawals from it ..

Soon, I should start thinking about tapering. ..But I am frightened ..:)

Is there anywhere here, something of help as to how to taper safely?

I will be grateful if so ..Also what is the worst case scenario tapering Ativan? And if all goes well, how long would a taper last ..?

Thank you as always .. xx

NOTE: This post was moved from my Intro thread to Lexicon's Intro.

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Jemima ..I am saddened you went through all that grief ..I am praying tor your continued well being .

About Ativan, reading what you, and Rhi talked about, it frightens me as I have been taking 4 tablets, ( 0.5) each, every day ..

The whole year of 2012, I kept the dose at 4yimes daily, every 4 hours.

This year, and after the taper I feel that the Ativan does not help me at all especially when I go through Anxiety attacks ..And so I wonder if I ho through withdrawals from it ..

Soon, I should start thinking about tapering. ..But I am frightened ..:)

Is there anywhere here, something of help as to how to taper safely?

I will be grateful if so ..Also what is the worst case scenario tapering Ativan? And if all goes well, how long would a taper last ..?

Thank you as always .. xx

I'm by no means an expert on Ativan or any other benzo. Despite taking Ativan rather regularly during withdrawal from Lexapro, I didn't become addicted. I stopped cold after reading an article by Dr. Peter Breggin on how very dangerous these drugs are and didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms.

I'm not sure what your strategy is for stabilizing on antidepressants, but if I were you I'd attend to that first and leave the Ativan alone. Ativan may not be working very well for you right now, but benzos were never intended to be a cure for antidepressant withdrawal symptoms. Whatever you do, do not taper or stop your Ativan dosage until your situation with antidepressants is resolved, preferably by a slow, safe taper off of them. Benzo withdrawal is even worse than getting off ADs so you don't want to do both at once.

If you feel you really must have the information right now, please check into our benzo support forum at:

Benzo Tapering Discussion

NOTE: This post was moved from my Intro thread to Lexicon's Intro.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Last night I awoke at 3 am with anxiety issues, and not being able to relax and go back to sleep ..I. was very uncomfortable., tossing turning, being hot and when I tried to go to the bathroom I was very dizzy ..

Today this continued, with the same symptoms .. My head feels full and heavy, I am dizzy, and need help getting about. ..Several. times anxiety set in, and had to deal with that ..

The Ativan offered me no help at all ..

I am depressed with my circumstances and have been crying most day ..

I am waiting for this to improve today, but it has not ..

Has anyone experienced this protracted problem?

Please someone reply as I feel totally hopeless today.

I am grateful for any input .. Blessings ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I need to add the weakness I feel throughout my body .. Even my jaw feels weak .. My legs cannot carry me, as they are weak too, with tingles behind my knees, beneath the skin ..This has been going on all day, with no end in sight ..

Someone please respond ..I am in distress .. Thank you ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you reinstated either a small amount of the Zoloft or the Lexapro? You're going to have to try to help yourself here. No one can do it for you.

As for your withdrawal symptoms, they aren't at all unusual, nor is two and a half months a long time to be in withdrawal, especially since you abruptly quit taking two antidepressants at the same time. Other than reinstatement of a small amount of ONE of the drugs as described above by Alto, there is little that can be done about withdrawal symptoms except to wait and be as patient as possible. Most things people use to try to alleviate symptoms usually make them worse.

And please get milligrams and milliliters sorted out. If you take 2 mgs. of a drug, you've taken two milligrams. If you take 2 ml. of a drug, it's anybody's guess how much of the drug is in that amount of liquid. If you decide to reinstate, be sure you're taking a dose of X number of milligrams consistently.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Oooh, here you are Jemima dear ..

Thank you, and yes I will reinstate the Zoloft paying attention to Mg and ml ..Waiting for the doctor to approve the liquid Sertraline.

Aww my God Jemima what a night and day this had been ..Physical, neurological, psychological ..Such an unbearable mess.

I remember reading something Alto wrote, that she believes withdrawals come in three types .. I think I am having all three togethe today ... My poor heart is jumping out of my chest. .

I am always grateful for your help .. Thank you ..God bless you ..be well ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I am in so much distress today. .. Same as yesterday .. same symptoms .. I cannot handle this .. I worry I will loose it .. I see the same patern repeating day in, day out .. Nothing is getting better ..

Today again, my heart is raising all day .. my head is heavy, dizzy, the back feels numb ..my stomach is hurting .. I feel nausea ..

I cry and am depressed .. my body feels tired and weak ..

Is this normal? Why aren't there any signs of improvement ..?

Please, please someone respond, if you have gone through this ..please ..I am frightened ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I forgot to say that I feel as though I cannot take a meaningful breath .. like I am choking ..The back of my head is in distress, like throbbing .. my face is numb and tingly ..Please help ..

When would I see a window open .. How long would this go on without change ..?

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexicon,

I think you have to make a decision.....do you want to try to restart a smal amount of one drug or do you want to tough it out? Once you make that decision, the pros can help you more. Of course you can see your doctor, probably go into the hospital. Those are the only 3 choices I can see.

If you decide to restart, it sounds like it could take up to a week to feel better. No one knows exactly how long toughing it out will take. Either one is going to feel very long. One thing I have observed in my own mental anguish is the fear that I will be stuck there forever. That is the one thing that won't happen...everything changes. Although it feels like you can't breathe, I think you are breathing enough or you wouldn't have enough energy to type. That has been happening to me a bit lately as well. I think it doesn't bother me too much because it is altogether expected. You are time wise right where anxiety-based symptoms are expected to be very strong in withdrawal.

I hope you find peace soon!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Thank you dear meimeiquest, for coming to my rescue ..I am grateful ..

I am waiting for the doctor to approve the liquid.

One of the worries I have about reinstatement is that when I was on these AD 'S, I suffered pretty much like now that I am off them ..Second, my blood pressure was erratic and still is .. third, for some reason through this ordeal, any medication I take, it gets rejected by my body .. they turn paradoxical ..

I worry that this ail happen with reinstatement ..

Lets say that the Good Lord allows for all to go well .. Alto said I can start small, like 2 Mg ..then add 1mg after a week or so .. So then how does this work?

How far up do I go, how long I stay there, before tapering down?

Thank you for your kindness to me ..I bow in gratitude .. I wish and will pray for wellness for you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Well, thank you....but I have to say that I am not that knowledgeable...I just have done my fair share of screaming into pillows. So you have no medicine in the house? If reinstating tonight is not an option, then you need a different plan. I found that if something else could capture my attention, my brain could not focus as much on the bad symptoms. Even making a cup of tea helped, don't know if you can stand up. Puting a load of laundry in the washer. Anything that involves being with safe people. My favorite was my husband taking me for drives in the country...but there aren't many spouses like that. My grandmother had severe mental. Illness lasting for years after the births of her last children. That was before meds...they tied her on a horse and sent her out to ride the prairie. So my husband called the drives my "pony rides." I'm just chattering here...just want you to know you're not alone! BTW, the symptoms you describe are from an unstable autonomic nervous syste. It's really mad that the rug has been pulled out from under it. It hes to rebuild a new "rug." Maybe you have the strength to read the success stories section? Many people have come out on the other side of this...but it is always a struggle.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I can only speak to your feeling as though you can't take a meaningful breath like you're choking. I had this for several months--I'm sure you're hyperventilating. The feeling that you're not getting enough air no matter how deeply or how fast you breath is hyperventilation. It's strange that getting too much air makes you feel like the opposite-as though you're not getting enough. And as you try and compensate for not getting enough by breathing more and faster--it makes the feeling even worse, and of course, you have a great big panic attack on top of it all.

This is what I learned to do to get rid of that feeling. It requires doing the opposite of what you feel like you should do. You feel like you should take in more and more air, so you have to slow your breathing down.

Even to the point where you exhale and force yourself not to breath in for 20 seconds--'til it gets a little uncomfortable. Then force yourself to take unusually slow breath--even only half breaths. Do this a few times until the feeling that your not getting enough air goes away.

The reason most people get fooled about this is because they assume that it's always obvious when we hyperventilate. But if we're anxious or going through a rough time, we can hyperventilate just by taking one or two extra breaths a minute. So the feeling of not getting enough air can sneak up on you, and so instead of blaming the terrible feeling on hyperventilation, we blame it on something mysteriously wrong with us that's causing us to not get enough air.

What you are discribing sounds so familiar, otherwise I wouldn't presume to tell you what it is or how to fix it. Next time you feel this way, try what I've suggested: Try not to breath at all for a few seconds, then only short little breaths for a minute. This is very hard to do when you feel as though you need to do the opposite and hard to do when you're feeling anxious, too. But I'm sure this will help you with the "not getting enough air" feeling. Benz

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!

I just reread what I said, and I'd just like to make one change "20 seconds" is a long time to hold you breath.

I should've said more like 10 seconds. Sorry, wrote it all down fast so as to get it off to you quickly and so didn't take the time to reread. Very much hope you feel alot better soon, Benz

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

I admire your sweetness and compassion ..I laughed with your story but in a bittersweet way ..Indeed you have a jewel of a husband ..Because of the dizziness, I need help to walk .. I worry that by sitting or laying too long though, that my legs may be in trouble. ..

I have become isolated these two years ..

I do enjoy and do facebook when feeling a bit better .. I love Sufi poetry and love to read and share on facebook ..

About starting reinstatement tonight, it would not work .. I do have a bit of liquid Sertraline, but not enough to start .. This is why am waiting on the doctor..

Thank you also for explaining to me what is probably happening with the neurological system .. You are right, I am sure ..Such a whimsical way of putting it ..:)

You are a wonderful soul meimei ..You are of enormous help to me ..God Bless you.

:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Aww Benz, thank you so much for writing ..I appreciate your help and encouragement ..

All that you said makes perfect sense

I have already started practicing, without much success, but I will continue with it ..

My appreciation for your warmth and for coming to my rescue ..

I wish you wellness ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

You're very welcome, Hoping you have a peaceful night, Benz

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

Hi, Lexicon, how are you feeling today? How was your night? Benz

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

You are such a dear Benz ..Thank you for your care ..It was a night of waking up at 3 am with a jolting feeling, like I could not breathe ..When I collected my thinking Panic started to set in ..I have had this before and think it is some sort of anxiety ..I tried your wonderful breathing and after a bit, I think it calmed me down .. My concern now, is how the day will unfold .

I to not know how to thank you enough ..

Only to wish wellness and infinite blessings for you ..:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Benz, I see that you suffered from panic attacks in 92 .. I hope you were able to get rid of them ..

I suffered with prolonged ones while on AD 'S, and now again, after being off the antidepressants for over two months. ..

I see that you are almost a success story ..:) How wonderful is that ..!!

Thank you again for the support and encouragement you offered me .. God bless you Benz ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

No, I don't have panic attacks anymore, just the ocassional day of low level anxiety or depression (never experienced before tapering) from withdrawal from Effexor. I'm probably a long way from a sucess, but I certainly do not have the intensity of WD's others like yourself are unfortunately experiencing. If my post-taper period is similar to my taper, I will be pretty grateful. Feeling pretty OK today. Hope you're doing much better. Benz

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

I am so very happy for you Benz ..That you do not have the attacks anymore ..

Me too I never had them prior to attempting to taper PAXIL ..

Now I have them again ..I do not know why they waited to start happening now ..:( They are a nightmare ..:(

Did you have heart issues, like skipped beats or palpitations? I go through those and they are scarry ..They also started about a month ago .. They frightened me so bad, I ended up in the ER.

Also, did you have head issues? Like zaps and numbness, and especially dizziness ..?

I suffer with those every day. .. for over two months now ..

Sorry that I am talking about suffering and unpleasant issues ..:(

Wishing you to get done with this terrible nightmare .. Also, wishing you many blessings ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I am so very happy for you Benz ..That you do not have the attacks anymore ..

Me too I never had them prior to attempting to taper PAXIL ..

Now I have them again ..I do not know why they waited to start happening now ..:( They are a nightmare ..:(

Did you have heart issues, like skipped beats or palpitations? I go through those and they are scarry ..They also started about a month ago .. They frightened me so bad, I ended up in the ER.

Also, did you have head issues? Like zaps and numbness, and especially dizziness ..?

I suffer with those every day. .. for over two months now ..

Sorry that I am talking about suffering and unpleasant issues ..:(

Wishing you to get done with this terrible nightmare .. Also, wishing you many blessings ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

How much sertraline do you have? How much were you taking before you went off?

You must let your doctor know it's an emergency, you're in severe withdrawal? Why is it taking so long for him or her to produce a prescription?

Hi Alto, I think because I have not gone to see him in almost three weeks and he wants me there to talk about it ..

But his prices have gone up ..:( At one point he suggested I go to a Hypnotist ..!!

The Sertraline I have barely covers the bottom of the bottle ..

Alto, I will go next week .. But when I start, how high up do I go .. how long do I stay there, before tapering ..

Thank you for your care Alto ..

This week, I am having tummy problems, different than the ones they come up with anxiety ..You know the knots with anxiety .. This is more like upset tummy .. Also I have no interest in eating .. I force myself. .. Has anyone complained about these issues? xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

If I were you, I would take half of what's in the bottle today, and half tomorrow.

Any doctor can prescribe the liquid sertraline, do you have a GP or other MD whom you can call?

You can even go to a walk-in clinic and tell them you're suffering from severe withdrawal and need a prescription.

In these situations, when withdrawal symptoms occur, doctors are supposed to reinstate the drug, let the patient stabilize, and taper more slowly later.

Lexapro comes in a liquid, you can get a prescription from him and take a little bit, such as 2mg to start, to see if it helps your symptoms. For more information about Lexapro, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/ Zoloft also comes in a liquid, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/ -- but I would reinstate just one of the two SSRIs.

I have a neuroligist, a cardiologist and an alternative medicine who will not prescribe ..

Alto, what is in the bottle is not for two times .. I would freak out to start and not be able to continue :(

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Alto, responding to your comment from march 24th, the doctor reinstated the 12.5mg that he dumped two weeks prior .. But my blood pressure shot up, .. he quit with no further attempts ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

Where are you in California?