SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jacqueline

jacqueline

Hi everyone my names jacqueline

I was put on Ritalin at 10 and SSRIs at 14 with medium to high doses.

I've lost my imagination, deep emotions, and ability to orgasm.

Wondering if anyone who has lost the ability to feel deep emotions and put on at a young age felt that come back?

SSRIs age 14-23 Began taper age 19

Ended Feb 2013

Hi everyone my names jacqueline

I was put on Ritalin at 10 and SSRIs at 14 with medium to high doses.

I've lost my imagination, deep emotions, and ability to orgasm.

Wondering if anyone who has lost the ability to feel deep emotions and put on at a young age felt that come back?

I haven't regained my ability to feel deeply again, but I want to say that I understand your desire to have those feelings again. First I lost them to depression and now to the treatment. At least with the depression, I knew it was episodic; now it's flatness, and it will continue to be that if I don't fight for my ability to feel. I'm starting my 23rd year, and I don't want to face future excitements without the ability to fully appreciate them.

I didn't start medication until I was 22 last fall. But! I was a childhood victim of psychiatric labeling. When I was 12, a psychologist made the blanket judgment that I "wasn't that different than a normal girl," which literally haunted me for all of my teenage years and left me questioning my every action, thinking it was a sign of some "disorder." I felt completely alienated from everyone else.

Tapering Zoloft, Dec 2014

Started Lamictal

Re-started Zoloft mid-Oct 2014, 25-50mg

Stopped Zoloft end of Sept 2014

Started Zoloft July 2014, 50mg

Stopped Prozac from 3mg May 2014

Stopped Effexor Dec '13 Started 10mg Prozac

Reinstated Effexor 15mg on Nov 2013

Stopped from 21mg on Oct 2013
Effexor 112.5mg, since Dec 2012

• Moderator Emeritus

Jacqueline,

I moved your topic here to Introductions and updates because these are your first posts telling us about yourself. In addition, the reason your posts were likely overlooked is because they were posted under "Finding Meaning" rather than the Intros, which we moderators monitor every day.

It takes a while for deep emotions and such to come back, but it does happen and your youth will likely prove to be an advantage in your healing.

Welcome aboard. You'll find lots of solid information here along with gentle, friendly support. When you have a moment, please post your drug history in your signature like so: How to Put Your Drug History in Your Signature That will help us all to understand your background and give appropriate advice. Thanks.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.