bgbelden

bgbelden

I've been on Xanax, Paxil, for about 7 years tried Depakote, too scary. Wellbutrin (didn't work)), Buspar and others I can't remember not surprisingly. Hydrocodones about 4 years and the last year or so Prozac and Lithium. Pretty sure I have PTSD, Bi-Polar, anxiety, manic depressive and a very strong chemical imbalance. Got in an argument with my girl and quit my A/D cold turkey 2 months ago. Quit Xanax almost 1 month ago and Hydro's about 2 weeks ago. I found out that cold turkey is not advisable just recently through this site and for that reason I have started up on my Paxil to try and alleviate some of these symptoms as I could take it anymore. My pain is unbearable in places I've never hurt before, and it feels like I have no mind can't think can't sleep more than an hour every 2 days very anti social, depressed and all around lost and confused. I have no memory even of same day events and my OCD keeps me glued to 1 thing for hours a day. Spent a lifetime listening to hard rock to out of nowhere listening to pop music, Beiber, really? Don't have any clue what I'm doing. Mental clinic cancelled my financial help so I got a script of Oxcarbapezine and told to prove I still need help! WTF!?! If I didn't need help I wouldn't go to the clinic they confuse me too.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum, bgbelden.

It sounds like you're having an awful time with things. I'm sorry you're struggling.

You're definitely in withdrawal as a result of the cold turkey, so you need to stabilise at an acceptable dose before you can begin to taper the medications.

We recommend a reduction of no more than 10% each month (see below):

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/300-important-topics-in-the-tapering-forum-and-faq/

There are a lot of medications in the mix here, so can you start by telling me exactly which medications you were taking before you quit cold turkey, including the amount of each medication?

Also what are you taking right now and how much of each medication are you taking?

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

The Paxil is 40 mg once daily also longest drug I've been on about 6 years. Lithium was 2 capsules twice daily 300mg for a total of 1200 daily about 1 or 2 years maybe longer but not more than 3 I don't believe. Xanax was 1mg 4 times daily. Prozac bottle is misplaced and can't recall dosage but I believe it was upped once less than 2 years on that and 2 weeks just started on Oxcarbapezine twice daily. I took everything to keep my family and coworkers happy but when we split I knew I wasn't taking that for me as all emotion was gone. No highs or lows just plain no feeling, stuck in the middle of the road. Was never thinking of the w/d effects. I had to write down my w/d symptoms cuz I would never remember them al at once.

And the Hydrocodones were just a leftover addiction from surgery that never healed properly. The script ran out but the addiction didn't.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi bg,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Is there absolutely no way possible for you to get a prescription? I feel so bad for you, most of us,here, know how bad withdrawal can be.

Just wish I knew a good solution to your circumstance.

Also the Oxcarbapezine is 300mg twice daily .

I lost my PCP due to abusing the Xanax by trying to fill my script too early. I had what amounts to free service at the mental health clinic but lost it for wherever reason so ls pa courtesy to me they gave me a free visit which is how I got the Oxcarbapezine.

• Administrator

Have you told the people at the clinic you're suffering from severe Xanax withdrawal?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow!

That's really awful bg.

Your situation is so complex I'm at a loss as to what to recommend too.

Alto is the expert and she will give you the best advice available so listen to what she has to say:)

February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

And I feel so much better since I found this website, I thought I was the only one with these problems.

When I first when to the clinic I was getting Xanax from my PCP and they told me to continue that as they were overdoing it on scripts as it was and had the FDA watching over them, blah blah blah. As of 2 weeks ago they told me they couldn't write anyone Xanax anymore.

• Moderator Emeritus

you're definitely not alone bg,

many of us have been where you are right now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, bg, I have a fear that one day I won't be able to get my meds, and they are many! I wish you could go to that free clinic again and convince them that you are in withdrawals from , not only Xanax, but also the AD meds, too.

You definitely are not alone, many of us are still suffering. Still, I am hoping you get some meds reinstated. Tell them you NEED to have some to taper off slowly with.

Insist without getting ugly so they don't throw you out or call for back-up help.

you're definitely not alone bg,

many of us have been where you are right now.

Yes it makes it seem like its something that can be overcome while I'm here. Two weeks ago all I could do is stare at the wall with no ability to create a thought or talk to my family. I'm still not calling my friends up yet but at least I know now that with some time I will.

There are probably so many people that need this website, wish I had found it earlier myself.

• Administrator

bg, how long have you been taking Paxil again? Did your symptoms change?

Are you able to get any medical help other than from the clinic?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

bg, how long have you been taking Paxil again? Did your symptoms change?

Are you able to get any medical help other than from the

clinic?

Paxil has been my longest about 6 years or so. I'm getting some 30mg from my step daughter who refuses to take it because of the tremors. I was on 40mg but will be ok because it will be better than cold turkey once it's fully in my system. I could buy Xanax on the street but I haven't because it doesn't feel like a drug I can taper or quit. I really had no options on quitting Xanax as it interfered with my job and my relationship to where I was in danger of losing both.

Again just knowing I'm having what everyone here has is making a world of difference. I'm not better but I'm not alone either.