Fizz: Prozac cold turkey withdrawal

Fizz

Thank you Petu, it's heartwarming to get a reply from someone, I'm so grateful! Doctor agrees that I have every symptom of ME, has taken blood to do lots if tests to rule out other things. I know that withdrawal can mimic ME but the bowel problems, rash, itching, muscle twitching are newer symptoms that I didn't have before. Had a window today for almost an hour in the supermarket! Felt more like myself, the symptoms lessened, felt more"normal"! It was so cool! Then later on I had trippy images, weird things when I shut my eyes to have a rest. This was very scary, please has anyone else had this? Your eyes are closed but all sorts if pictures are flashing up, freaky ones. This was bad last night when I tried to sleep(3 hours) too. Random things flying through your head which seem very real. I was just about to leap out of bed and peel vegetables last night, in my head that's what I had to get done. Please has anyone had these images with eyes shut, they had been gone since the acute stage, it's awful I have them now. Hugs. Xxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fizz

• Altostrata

• Barbarannamated

• basildev

Top Posters In This Topic

Following that window today, I have never felt such a powerful urge to be well again. I am desperate to feel the normality, everything would be soooo easy. It would be heaven. Xxxxxxxx

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad you had a good window today Fizz, hope it lasts a long time, it's a peep at life in the future  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks MP! Well, the window only lasted about an hour but at least it was something! Got around 5 hours sleep! Lets all look to the future ay! Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Moderator Emeritus

Then later on I had trippy images, weird things when I shut my eyes to have a rest. This was very scary, please has anyone else had this? Your eyes are closed but all sorts if pictures are flashing up, freaky ones. This was bad last night when I tried to sleep(3 hours) too. Random things flying through your head which seem very real.

Yes,  I get this.  At first I would get this happen every time I tried to sleep, day or night.  But as I started to get better, I could fall asleep at night without it happening, but if I tried to nap during the day, I would have the weird images.  For a couple of weeks recently, I've been able to fall asleep during the day without it happening, but I've just had a bad wave and it happened during the day again, I just wrote about it in the last post on my own thread.

I have also had bowel problems, rashes and muscle twitching.  So have many people as part of withdrawal. It can be frightening when new symptoms suddenly pop up and its natural to imagine its caused by a new illness.

Withdrawal from antidepressant use can cause almost any symptom in any part of the body.  The way you describe your symptoms sounds like my own pattern of withdrawal.

If possible, would you put a brief history of drugs and withdrawal in your signature, it makes it easy for members to see your situation when replying to your posts, instructions for how to do that are here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

You are getting some windows, so that's a good sign.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Dear Petu, thanks so much for your reply, it really encouraged me when I read it first thing this morning! It's so comforting to know that your symptoms have been similar. Thank goodness for this site. Yes I have all the ME symptoms, but these all seem to be withdrawal symptoms too, though the exhaustion has been getting ridiculously bad. It is confusing. Hugs xxxxxxxxxx

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

How are you, Fizz?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been here in a while as I've just been struggling along and pacing. I have developed CFS/ME, hence the need for pacing and lots of rest. Also numerous allergies and sensitivities. Looking for some reassurance at the moment as I'm in such a setback after trying vaping instead of smoking. Only did it for one week, at the end of which a sudden terrible dizziness started, room spinning! Stopped vaping immediately but now all my symptoms which had become milder have got real intense. Haven't felt this bad for years. Anxiety, agitation, head tingling, dizziness still coming and going, it's awful. This has gone on ten days now. Oh, I also accidentally got sprayed with a strong air freshener the other day and nearly passed out! Not much luck lately. Any encouragement would be so appreciated, I'm praying that these things will wear off and I can get back to my exhausted baseline! Thank you everyone. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• ChessieCat changed the title to Fizz: Prozac cold turkey withdrawal