SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Blinkysmom: Introduction & Needing some Assurance

Blinkysmom

Hi. I am a 58 year old woman who has taken Clonazepam from 1993-2012 (tapered over 9 months) and am still taking Paxil since 1993 ~ same amount, 20 mgs. I have my scale and file and will taper Paxil (paroxetine) on May 1. I recently moved from living in Chicago for 58 years to Alpharetta, Georgia to be with my granddaughter and son-in-law after the death of my daughter. Caring for my 5 year old granddaughter is so challenging due to awful physical symptoms.

I am wondering a few things:

1. Can I be in tolerance withdrawal after all this time?

2. If so, can these be symptoms of tolerance withdrawal?

a. Shortness of breath all the time (had a chest x-ray, blood test and oximeter ~ all normal);

b. Burning pain in hips, thighs and legs;

c. Balance problems;

d. Dizziness (had a head ct);

e. Tingling & numbness in feet and ankles.

3. I have just been dx'd with a vitamin b12 deficiency and know that some of the symptoms are from that, too but this is crazy! I've been treating the b12 deficiency for a month with no improvement.

I am at wit's end. I was hospitalized in August, 2012 because I had an "episode" of talking, walking but not remembering any of it. The paramedics were called and even while putting an iv line in my arm, I did not remember that but was talking to the paramedics. It was crazy. All I remember is going to bed at 9:30 and waking up at 5:00 a.m. in the ER of the local hospital! Scary. I was diagnosed with "delirium" with no known cause. I didn't take any drugs or alcohol. I was put on 37.5 mgs. of Effexor ER in addition to the Paxil I've been taking. I just weaned off the Effexor. Now I'm attempting to withdraw fromm the Paxil. I am sooooo tired of feeling this way. I can't walk but a few feet without shortness of breath and needing to take a rest. I used to walk everywhere! And, needless to say, caring for a 5 year old is almost impossible.

Please chime in with some opinions, experiences, hope? Thanks!

Oh, and PS: My taper from clonazepam was uneventful (thank God! but it was after clonazepam was out of my system that I started feeling like I do).

1983-1993 - immipramine and alprazolam

1993 - changed from 1 mg. alprazolam (didn't know it then but I was in tolerance withdrawal) to 1 mg. clonazepam

1993-present - changed from immipramine to 20 mg. paroxetine

August 1, 2011-April 1, 2012 - Ashton method taper from 1 mg. clonazepam

August 6, 2012-April 12, 2013 - Tapered from 37.5 mg. venlafaxine which was given to me while in the hospital for unknown origin of "delirium."

Want off the paroxetine but had three major stressors this year; lost job; daughter died and I relocated from Chicago to Georgia to care for granddaughter

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Blinkysmom,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of great advice and support here.

I have a couple of questions for you:

1) what dose of clonazepam were you on?

2) what date did your taper end? was it late in 2012?

I don't know very much about benzodiazepine drugs, but my gut feeling is you might be experiencing protracted withdrawal from the clonazepam taper.

However, a more experienced moderator will be along shortly to analyse your situation based on the answers to my questions.

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so sorry for the nightmare you've been through.

I agree with Basildev in that I think you are still in withdrawal from the clonazepam as you took it for many years, but others who know about benzos will be able to advise.

Regarding the Paxil, could you get in liquid? it would make for a much easier to manage taper, it's much easier to measure than shaving and weighing tablets.

Welcome to the forums.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Well, thank you for your responses! It's nice to know I can log in and share this nightmare and know someone is "listening." It eases the burden when shared; for me it does.

The reason I don't think it's protracted withdrawal from the benzos is because I had absolutely NO issues while tapering (I went from 1 mg. clonazepam for 18 years, crossed over to 20 mgs. valium and tapered from that for 9 months ~ August 1, 2011 to April 1, 2012. It wasn't until 4 months after I was off the clonazepam that I started to feel the symptoms of multiple sclerosis and shortness of breath. I just thought that maybe the benzo was covering up symptoms of paroxetine tolerance withdrawal. I am not getting ANY relief at all ~ no improvement ~ the severity of all the symptoms have remained the same since August, 2012.

I can't get liquid paroxetine because it costs too much and I lost my job and insurance. I applied for SSD & SSI but that takes awhile. I am self-supporting.

1993 - changed from 1 mg. alprazolam (didn't know it then but I was in tolerance withdrawal) to 1 mg. clonazepam

August 6, 2012-April 12, 2013 - Tapered from 37.5 mg. venlafaxine which was given to me while in the hospital for unknown origin of "delirium."

Want off the paroxetine but had three major stressors this year; lost job; daughter died and I relocated from Chicago to Georgia to care for granddaughter

Blinkysmom

I am so sorry for your loss. My suggestion for you at this point in time is not to taper.

Tapering as you experienced from the benzo causes lots of symptoms even in the best of situations.

You have suffered a terrible loss, moved and are raising your granddaughter. You have been hit with the three biggest stressors/losses anyone can go thru.

I can't stress this enough. Sending a healing prayer your way. Your granddaughter must be devastated.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Nikki, really? Don't taper? I want off this crap. I'm fat and sweaty because of it :blink: and I just want off of all psych meds.

Yes it's been a TERRIBLE year. I found out last March (2012) that my daughter had cancer. I lost my job. Moved. I know that's alot to go through. But these symptoms are just awful. Can it be stress-related? It's difficult for me to believe that it's protracted withdrawal because these symptoms did not show up until four months after a 9 month taper!

Anyway, I know you all know more than I do about this. I appreciate so much you all being here for me. I've been giving and giving and giving (because that's what we do as parents) and now I need to be "given" to. And I need reassurance. Doctors are clueless. It's really amazing how clueless they truly are!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Blinkysmom,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're suffering.

My heart really goes out to you, in many ways. I'm very sorry for your loss. You are a very strong person.

Are you sleeping well?

If you could add your medication history and tapering info in signature form, it would be very helpful. It will show under all your posts and be helpful to anyone wishing to offer advice. The link with instructions:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Thanks and, once again, welcome!

Hi Blinkysmom,

Welcome, you are in the best place...I am saddened for your loss .

.May you get well, and find the strength and stamina to carry on ..God bless you ..Lexicon

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree that what you're going through is benzo withdrawal. Tapering 20 mg. of Valium over nine months is way too fast and I think what has happened is that withdrawal is now catching up with you, somewhat like a multi-car pile-up. There are members of this forum who've been tapering off smaller amounts of a benzo for years.

I also see that you were on Effexor and got off of it as well. Effexor withdrawal may also be an issue depending on how much you took, for how long, and how quickly you tapered off of it. Effexor is a drug that can come back to haunt a person months after getting off of it by cold turkey or a too fast withdrawal.

As Tezza said, it would be a good idea to post your drug history in the signature area of your profile so we can give the best advice possible. Without a more specific history, it's not possible to give even reasonably good advice. In the meantime, you might want to browse the discussion group for benzo withdrawal and get a better idea of how very difficult these drugs are to quit:

Members Only Benzo Discussion Group

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of solid information and gentle, friendly support here.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Jemima, I did get off the Effexor but didn't put it in my signature. I wasn't on it for very long. I tapered over a few months. Thanks for paying so close attention to my story! It's so hard for me to believe that I am STILL suffering so badly from the Ashton taper because it went so well.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for filling in your signature. A few months on Effexor is enough to have an impact on your well-being, so please add it as soon as you have time. These drugs are very, very powerful and an antidepressant such as Effexor will generally affect a person within three weeks. It's possible that some of your misery is withdrawal effects from Effexor, although we may not be able to pin it down precisely because of the overlapping withdrawal periods. It would also be good for us to know the dates of your withdrawal from clonazepam, especially the date of your last dose. It's possible that reinstating a very tiny dose and getting stabilized may help, but the longer the time period between stopping the drug and starting up again, the riskier it gets. Ditto for the Effexor, although I doubt reinstating that would be a good idea.

The more precise facts we have, the better we can help.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

Welcome, Blinkysmom.

Did your symptoms start when you started Effexor? Or when you quit Effexor?

I agree with all above, it sounds like perhaps the benzo taper made your nervous system vulnerable and withdrawal symptoms were triggered somehow.

Please read this topic about tapering Paxil: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/ You can make your own liquid.

How is your B12 being treated?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Blinkysmom,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I was so focused on your medication history that I completely forgot to say this my first post.

Please forgive me for my oversight.

I also wanted to mention that as others have said, a major life stressor (or on your case, many) can in fact trigger delayed withdrawal.

This happened to me earlier this year in February. I'd been going along just fine and then the symptoms hit me 4 months after.

February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

Basildev, wow, really?

I've been off now for a year since April 1. I didn't get symptoms until July 29 of last year. And they haven't let up since. I feel like I have multiple sclerosis and I have shortness of breath. I used to walk everywhere. Now I can't walk 1/2 block without getting winded.

I just want OFF the paroxetine. I sweat ALL THE TIME and I'm overweight by at least 40 lbs. Never having a weight problem, this has been horrible. I keep wanting to blame the symptoms on the vitamin b12 deficiency. I am treating it with sublingual B12 ~ high daily doses.

• Administrator

Blinkys, are you taking a stomach acid blocker? They block absorption of B12.

Even if you're not taking one, you may need some B12 booster shots, you might not be getting enough with the sublinguals.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

No acid blockers. Benzos screw up the stomach flora so I think that's one of my problems. I can't afford shots. I lost my job and insurance. I applied for SSD and medicare but that takes time.

I am just so miserable and have been for so long, I can't believe it's from the benzo. But nothing surprises me with this. :huh:

• Administrator

Your city may have clinics, you might want to try that.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Blinky,

Yes, it is really true. Many of us who have been tapering over months (and years) have been hit like a tonne of bricks with debilitating withdrawal symptoms months out from the original dose. Same deal goes for cold turkey. Benzos are notoriously difficult to discontinue.

If only the medical profession was honest with us about just how addictive these medications are!

I totally understand that you just want off the meds. They have horrible side effects and it's only natural that you'd want to free your body as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, however, withdrawal is like a stubborn old man - it doesn't respond to being rushed and it takes its own sweet time to resolve itself.

The absolute best thing you can do for your body right now is to listen to what it is telling you. Slow down, reinstate if that's the advice you've been given by the experts, and when the symptoms have stabilized you can think about tapering again - sloooowly.

Isnt there a major problem mixing effexor and paxil? Could that explain the delerium/amnesia? It sounds like serotonin syndrome. I may be out to lunch, but it just occured to me that some of these problems you're dealing with took root with mixing those two medications. Not to mention the benzos and anything else you may have been on.

2001 september - Effexor XR 75 mg, Seroquel 250 mg
2001 november - Effexor XR 150 mg
2003 - Replaced Seroquel with 20 mg Nozinan
2005 - Discontinued anti-psycotic medications for good
2009 january - Started having panic attacks
2009 - split 150 mg Effexor XR into 75 mg twice daily
2010 - Occasionally Clonazapam and Adivan for panic attacks
2012 - Realization that Effexor no longer works, and may even be having adverse reactions to it.
2012 October 18 - Begin slow taper (1 bead removed from each morning and evening 75mg capsule), February 18, 2013 - 140 beads per pill (X2 per day) (About 65%), 2013 November 16 - 70 beads per pill (X2 per day) (32.5%), 2014 September - 27 beads per pill (X2 per day) (12.5%) November 2 2015 - 1 bead per day (0.23% of original dose) and SLOWLY spacing doses out 25 hours, then 26, 28, currently 29hrs
November 2014 at 200mg Welbutrin

February 21st, 2016 - Last dose of Effexor forever

Monday, March 7, 2016 - Started decreasing Wellbutrin, currently at >25mg once a day

Hi flong. Thanks for your input. I wasn't put on Effexor until I was hospitalized for delrium. The doctor said that the Paxil had stopped working so he added Effexor. I, being so desperate, took it. But the problems were there before I took the Effexor. I tapered off the Effexor and took my last dose two weeks ago. I've had symptoms, intolerable symptoms, now since July 29, 2012. So, to recap:

Started weaning off 1 mg. clonazepam after 18 years by crossing over to 20 mgs. valium on August 1, 2011 and finished taper on April 1, 2012. Still on 20 mg. paroxetine since 1993. On July 29, 2012, I was rushed to hospital with diagnosis of "delirium" (doctor telling me these things happen with no known cause). Was put on 37.5 mgs. venlafaxine xr. I tapered that since December, 2012. So now I'm just on the paroxetine but I thought that maybe I might be in tolerance withdrawal from the paroxetine because I've been on it for sooooo long. And that's what my symptoms are from ~ not the benzo as I had absolutely no problems while tapering the benzo.

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, however, withdrawal is like a stubborn old man - it doesn't respond to being rushed and it takes its own sweet time to resolve itself.

Bahahaha!! Funny analogy!!! :lol:

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

I'm also considering that some of my symptoms were covered up by the benzo and now that I'm completely off, I could be experiencing that.

And I am now overweight (thanks, paroxetine) and out of shape (can't really walk very well) so that can add to the symptoms, no?

:unsure:

• Administrator

Yes, being out of shape can make you vulnerable to all kinds of problems.

Try to get at least one-half hour of gentle walking each day, more if you can. This helps regulate your nervous system.

It's hard to tell what your symptoms are from. It may be you are having adverse effects from Paxil, since you had "delirium" when you were taking it before.

Is there a daily pattern to your symptoms?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi--

Just a couple of things. First, yes, I think you could easily be experiencing delayed withdrawal symptoms from the benzo withdrawal. You may have been relatively stable during your taper (and good job at that, by the way!) but that doesn't mean your CNS has fully completed the recovery and healing process, which takes quite a bit of time. And you're under quite a lot of new stress, which could easily disrupt the healing process. Your symptoms do sound quite a lot like benzo withdrawal.

Second, as far as I know there's no such thing as tolerance withdrawal with Paxil and other ADs. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of it.

I can definitely relate to wanting to get off Paxil right now, but given your current symptoms I think it might be a good idea to either postpone the taper a bit, or take it very, very slowly. If you can just hang on for a few months until you're more stable--it would probably be well worth it in the long run. Paxil withdrawal is tough.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thank you all for your input and I hope you keep commenting.

Altostrata ~ my symptoms have no rhyme or reason. But they are there every day; all day. I have visual distortions, dizziness, multiple-sclerosis type symptoms (does anyone know if a head CT would rule out cns lesions? Or do I need an MRI?) and shortness of breath. I am not in the best shape, as I mentioned before, because of this ordeal. I quit smoking and gained weight and haven't been able to be very active since getting the MS symptoms.

There has been no relief at all ~ no lessening of sx's since their inception on July 29 for which time I was taken to the hospital for "delirium." I haven't had a delirium episode though, thank God!

So it looks like the concensus is to not taper the paroxetine yet.

I know this is a stretch, but do you use aspartame? A member of this list has had a time with it, and someone else forwarded an email that some people have had MS-like symptoms with it. I think mercola.com would have some info, also, on treating such symptoms with diet. I know that is probably the last thing you need now, maybe just something to tuck away for a better time. I am so sorry for your losses!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Well, thank you, Meimeiquest. I don't drink aspartame or any other artificial sweetener. I use coconut sugar.

• Moderator Emeritus

How are you doing Blinky?

• Administrator

Do your symptoms get worse later in the day or less intense?

My symptoms are pretty much the same from the time I get up until I go to bed. Burning pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, imbalance. It's so difficult to function each day. I must walk up and down stairs in the house to do housework and care for my 4 year old granddaughter. I feel like I am disabled.

• Administrator

Why are you waiting to taper Paxil? Please make a liquid, it's more precise and controllable than filing. See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/

You may wish to take fish oil and magnesium. A lot of people find these help.

Also, please take care of yourself with at least a half-hour of gentle walking a day. Start with 10 minutes and build up if you need to.

I decided to wait for these sx's to get better or quiet down. I am taking fish oil now and just ordered some magnesium oil. I will walk my subdivision. And build up my time.

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd put special effort into getting B12 shots. A B12 deficiency will make Paxil withdrawal worse.

Phone around, you might be able to get them at Walmart or someplace for a generic cost.