☼ Hello. mammaP checking in!

mammaP

• Moderator Emeritus

I am reluctant to ask my doctor for tablets after he was so reluctant to give me liquid, and he visibly 

snorted with disbelief and shook his head when I told him I am very sensitive to meds and even have

to take care with additives. He doesn't know me really and sure he thinks I am hypochondrac!

He wanted me to just stop and said I was making things worse with a slow taper. I really don't

think he would give me a script for tablets now.  :(   I'll stick with the beads for now and try to stabilise again.

I think maybe stress took it's toll, plus I took a full 75mg cap by mistake a few weeks ago, then the change to liquid,

perhaps it's all catching up with me and I need to stabilise at the dose I was ok with, 4 beads. Does that sound right Alto?

Or am I hoping against hope that it will settle again? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

What such bad luck mammaP. To have a liquid that damages your skin and you've been taking it internally. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Is it time to go to another doctor in the practice? Or even a new practice? What you say about your current GP makes me think of a 'breakdown in your working relationship'. I'm in Scotland like you and I've not have to argue hard for what I want....

Started citalopram May 12, from 10 to 40 mg/d over 2 months

Wanted to come off in May 13 and did it too quickly: decrease from 40 to 0 mg/d over 2 weeks; WD from then onwards, increasing in intensity to be unbearable at 4 weeks later;  reinstated 10 mg/d for 2 days (WD severity halved); reinstated 20 mg/d (initial WD symptoms decreased but not gone entirely until after 8 weeks)

Started 5--7% taper: Aug 13: 19 mg/d, mild WD on day 3; thereafter none notable; Nov 13: 18 mg/d, no WD; Dec 13: 17 mg/day, no WD for 3 weeks, then (at Christmas) tearfulness; Jan 14: 16.7 mg/d, Apr 14: 15.7 mg/d, Jun 14: 14.5 mg/d; Jul 14: 13.5 mg/d (6.9% reduction), Aug 14: 12.5 mg/d (7.4% reduction)

Sharing experience makes a difference

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Katie, there are a few doctors in the practice so think I'll be seeing another one. 

There was one who was good about my BP meds and gave me a tiny dose to try because

he'd read my notes and noticed I was sensitive to a lot of meds. It's very hard to get an

appointment with him and have to be booked a month in advance! I only got him that time

because it was an emergency and he was the only doctor still there. I will try though,

I don't want to see the other one if I can help it bur he is often the only one with any spaces.

Now I know why!! 

Feel a bit better today, still feel physically ill but more positive. Had lunch with my daughter today,

First time in months and we used to have lunch out once a week. I still don't know what went wrong 

there but it's over and we are all moving on from it. It was nice.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

Yes, you might settle with 4 beads again.

Don't be embarrassed to ask your doctor for tablets -- you can tell him you had an obvious allergic reaction.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I felt really ill while taking the liquid but feel much better now, yesterday I actually did something!

I flattened cereal boxes and cut them into strips, then put then in a drawer to make dividers. 

Now all my hair stuff and cosmetics are easy seen. Those pesky velcro rollers are a nightmare for 

sticking to everything but now they are all organised. And this morning I was up and had been to

the shops before 10am. That is unheard of, lol. All good and long may it continue.  :)

Hope everyone else is having a good day too.  :)

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Well my 2 good days was are over as today I'm back to exhausted and pain. Was good while it lasted

and its a sign that things are settling down again.  It's a shame they had to be spent inside dealing with

other peoples incompetence! One day had to be spent ridding the computer of viruses, then more that

were dumped on it after following a link given by technical support! Lodged a complaint but not even an

acknowledgement. Yesterday got to the local shop early then had to wait in for a courier who never arrived,

despite being promised that day. The same courier that didn't arrive on Tuesday and had to be rebooked!

Physio today which means I won't be fit for anything tomorrow but they insist it will benefit me eventually.  :mellow:

2002  effexor. 

I'm glad you had a couple of good days! That is so fantastic after what you've had for weeks! Hope the good times come back soon, and stay for longer.

Wanted to come off in May 13 and did it too quickly: decrease from 40 to 0 mg/d over 2 weeks; WD from then onwards, increasing in intensity to be unbearable at 4 weeks later;  reinstated 10 mg/d for 2 days (WD severity halved); reinstated 20 mg/d (initial WD symptoms decreased but not gone entirely until after 8 weeks)

Started 5--7% taper: Aug 13: 19 mg/d, mild WD on day 3; thereafter none notable; Nov 13: 18 mg/d, no WD; Dec 13: 17 mg/day, no WD for 3 weeks, then (at Christmas) tearfulness; Jan 14: 16.7 mg/d, Apr 14: 15.7 mg/d, Jun 14: 14.5 mg/d; Jul 14: 13.5 mg/d (6.9% reduction), Aug 14: 12.5 mg/d (7.4% reduction)

• Moderator Emeritus

Yep, the good times are a good sign, even though they don't last so long.  They will come back.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

When I was very young I had facial tics, Somewhere along the path of growing up they were

replaced by vocal tics and throat clearing. Somewhere they disappeared and I can't remember when

it's so long ago. Now I find that both are back, together, how and why I have no idea but I hate to think of being

plagued by them now!  Could it just be stress? Or is it to do with withdrawal?  I'm only just starting to go out briefly

but don't want to be out while pulling faces and grunting!!  :o

Does anyone else suffer with this? I read online it could be a form of tourettes, another site said OCD. 

I can do without this.  :(

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Was exhausted all weekend and in bed for much of today but it's more physical now.

Mentally I don't feel bad, just very very tired. Feel a bit better now it's bedtime and hoping

for some good sleep. I've hardly slept lately, no more than 2 hours a night so no wonder I'm exhausted! 

Tomorrow is another day.  :)

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep, I need sleeeeeeeeeep!  I just don't sleep more than an hour or two and I'm sure that is

more of a problem than actual withdrawal. I have a chronic sleep disorder and always have but tend to blame

everything and anything on withdrawal and stress when really a good nights sleep would make a huge difference.

Tonight I am going to start working on sleep. I feel that I have settled again on my 4 beads so maybe will be able to

get into a pattern. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry mammaP. Sleep is SO important. Hopefully you'll settle down soon and be able to catch up.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• Moderator Emeritus

Still no sleep, probably had no more than an hour last night and that was broken  :( .

I seem to cope ok for a while then it catches up with me. I started sleep therapy before I started tapering

and was getting 4 hours after 6 weeks therapy, which was amazing for me. Then started tapering and it

all went out the window! Part of the therapy was sleep restriction and only being in bed for 5 hours. I'm

going to try that again and see if I can do it. The therapist said to wait until I've stabilised off the AD's but that

seems so far away! Can't hurt to try so will give it a whirl. I have a dawn simulator clock which is an alarm

clock with sounds and light. The light dims over 10,20.30 or 60 minutes simulating dusk, and comes to full brightness

the same way in the mornings. There are sleep sounds, including white noise, rain, waves and soothing 'stories'.My

favourite wake up call is the dawn chorus. 

Over a year ago it broke and the light stopped working so sent it away for repair. When it came back the 

light and sound didn't go off completely so I shoved it in a cupboard. Yesterday I ordered a new lightbbox 

that does the same job, then pulled out the old broken clock to check it over before donating it. 

Whadya know, it was ok after all, I just forgot to re-set it after it's repair which returned it to factory settings  :blush: .

So, tonight I will be going to bed at 12 and setting the clock for 5am.  I must not get into bed in the meantime,

I can lay on the sofa, the floor or even the table if I'm brave but not my bed. It's gonna be torture but worth it

if I get to sleep every night for more than a couple of hours. 

2002  effexor. 

hi mammaP

I too have one of those lights, I set mine at night on the sunset timer for half an hour. I read my book and over the half hour the light starts to dim until it finally goes out and you are in the dark. its meant to help produce the melatonin in the brain to activate sleep.  then in the morning over a half hour period before the alarm goes off, a bright light is radiated which is meant to ease you out of your sleep more gently and help awaken you.

I find mine really helpful, I think it will be really useful when the dark mornings start coming in.  I still don't sleep consistently during the night, I do waken a few times but I do sleep for a couple hours then when I waken im able to get back to sleep easily , this is definitely a great improvement from someone who hardly got to sleep at  night until maybe 4 or 5 in the morning..

I hope using yours again you might start to see some results in your sleep

take care

Kx

2010-withdrew from Effexor 150mg to zero over a period of 9 months

After six weeks became very ill

Doctor was adamant a reinstatement of 150mg was needed

I didn't know much of withdrawal symptoms at this time

February 2013- taking beads out of capsule 150mg

have taken out 112 beads equivalent to 30mg= 120mg taken

June 2013- Doctor visit- recommended given me 75mg capsules

take one in morning and one at night( take beads out of night one)

So am currently taking 75mg in morning and take beads out of 75mg night capsule to make up the other 45mg= 120mg

currently am down to taking 112.5mg..

presently reduced down to 103mg

at 93mg

at 87mg

Involuntary eye twitching, bruxism.....the eye twitching happens after a drop and bruxism started right away from taking AD's and hasn't stopped for years now.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

These tics are sometimes due to antidepressant withdrawal.  You might want to read this topic under Symptoms and self-care:

Tardive Dyskinesia

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

MammaP, I did a "sleep diet" coming off a benzo the first time. It's a bit brutal but it worked. Good luck! I'll think of you on the table :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

I gave in today and went to bed at 4.30, just had to lie down and the table was too high and hard,   ;)

dozed a bit and had that awful feeling of being frozen and unable to move, trying to wake up 

but can't. Then the doorbell dragged me out of it and it was 7.15! Will probably ruin any chance of sleep tonight 

but really needed it. I had to go out and couldn't contemplate driving. Was too late by the time I got up again!

Thanks for the link Jemima, I was worried that I would be stuck with these rotten tics but they seem to be settling

down a bit now , I think it might be with the disruption of changing from beads to liquid and back again, hopefully

they won't be back. 

2002  effexor. 

Hi mammaP, just want to say hi, and I hope you sleep tonight.

• Moderator Emeritus

Didn't sleep much but what I had was good sleep, coupled with the nap in the afternoon

feel much brighter today and ready to go to the shops before they are even open!  :D

The window is open again but MUST control myself and not do too much. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

So much for controlling myself! I had a good day but find it very hard not to get stuck in and sort things when I'm feeling ok.

I decided to tackle my paper clutter and went through 12 years of statements and bills  :o  ! Had to leave it all and go to bed

but I actually SLEPT !!! Woke up a few times but drifted off again , then got up to a living room floor that is a sea of paper  :blush:

Now to get rid, I'm going to soak the important ones in water and bleach then pack them tight into a plastic box to make bricks

and give them to my son for his wood burning stove. I don't have a shredder and wouldn't know what to do with the sheer volume

of shredded paper!  Deep breath and dive in. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

All paper now in relevant boxes, was not too bad, all in piles but on the floor, Then I collapsed in bed 

and slept again, that's a marathon sleep for me and I could go back to sleep right now! 

Went to bed at 11.30pm, up at 10.30am, back in bed at 1.30pm and up again at 6 30pm

Still sleepy, this is REALLY odd! 

2002  effexor. 

• Administrator

Sleep is good, it's healing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

This sleeping is really strange for me! I am sleeping much better but am also having to go back to bed in the morning, going back to sleep then again in the afternoon, usually 2 hours from 4-6. The only time I've slept this much was when I had carbon monoxide poisoning! 

It is nice though, snuggling down and drifting off to sleep. It's still broken sleep, waking several times but not laid awake for hours. I'm drifting in and out of sleep instead of lying awake.  

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I think this is a sign of healing.  Once I was able to sleep, I started sleeping for ten to twelve hours a night as opposed to my usual seven to seven and a half before antidepressants turned my life upside down.  I still need nine hours a night in my twentieth month from a too-fast taper off of Lexapro, but that occasionally decreases to eight and a half. I'm still in the anhedonia phase, so I'm hoping this means I'm getting closer to being fully healed.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

I had waves of sleepiness while I was reinstating in June. A whole month's worth, at least. I just had to go with the flow, but I believe that's the thing to do when it comes to sleep.

Hope you're sleeping now, mammaP! Night night zzzzz

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you everyone,you are absolutely right about sleeping when I need to. I was trying the sleep restriction

thing and actually think that just 2 nights of self imposed sleep deprivation got me sleeping like a baby!

I felt much better today than I have in a long time and I'm sure it's because I've had some good quality sleep.

Hopefully it will continue  :)

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you everyone,you are absolutely right about sleeping when I need to. I was trying the sleep restriction

thing and actually think that just 2 nights of self imposed sleep deprivation got me sleeping like a baby!

I felt much better today than I have in a long time and I'm sure it's because I've had some good quality sleep.

Hopefully it will continue  :)

Yay! and useful, I will remember about the sleep deprivation trick.

• Moderator Emeritus

No napping yesterday and no sleep last night, wasn't even the slightest bit sleepy! Hope I'm not back

on the no sleep merry go round. Feel fine but a bit light headed. Will resist napping today,

will be out most of the afternoon. Will go to bed when I can't keep my eyes open but leave the alarm set

for 7.15. Hopefully will get some sleep tonight, it makes such a HUGE difference to get even a few hours good quality sleep.

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Had a busy few days, busy for me but probably boring for most people.  Had an appointment every day this week

which meant I HAD to go out so it's good that I felt better or would have had to cancel. It's caught up with me today

and felt ill this morning but had a physio appointment so pushed myself to get up and go. Came back and went to bed

and slept till 6.30pm the woke up in terrible pain and couldn't walk! Food and painkillers got me moving again but  

really fed up that I can't do much at all without being exhausted and in pain.  It's awful feeling motivated but having to

stop yourself doing things because you know it will make you sick. Yesterday I went for my psychologist appointment ,

visited a friend who has been very ill in hospital, and visited my grandaughter. All within half a mile of each other and I

was driving so it wasn't too taxing. 

It was a huge step forward to visit my friend, I haven't seen her for 2 or even 3 years, we keep in touch on facebook

but haven't met face to face in all that time because I haven't been socialising for so long, putting people off visiting me

and not being up to or even wanting to see people.

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Feel physically ill  and exhausted again today. I was referred to physio by the ortho consultant and every time I go I'm 

in pain. It sets off something else so there's more pain than before! I was working hip muscles that made

the joints much worse, changed therapist and she said stop those because they are irritating the joints.

Then gave me pelvic exercises and they have caused my back to flare up and go into spasm. Plus all

the walking to get there is making my joints hurt.  They say it's not good to make something else sore

but that seems inevitable. Can't win! 

Feel fine regarding withdrawal so that's a good thing.  :)

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi MammaP. Sounding positive...! Good for you to visit your friend. I'm sure it was  much appreciated!!! Being tired or having to hold back on activity when you actually feel good because you know you will suffer later can REALLY be frustrating!!

Hang in there! One foot in fron t of the other right ?! :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Moderator Emeritus

Today has been awful, in lots of pain and exhausted, in and out of bed all day. Wasn't well yesterday then 

my daughter invited me for lunch so went and had a trip round the local bargain store so today is payback.

I really should listen to my body instead of pushing it.  Early night and hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

The last few days have been bad physically with my ongoing conditions but have to say that mentally feel very well

with no signs of withdrawal symptoms  :) . I went to have my hair done yesterday for the first time in years. I walked

past the salon on the way to the post office. It was empty so I went right in and asked if they could do something with my 'mop'.

30 minutes later walked out with a new hairstyle!  I had just showered so had a dry cut and straightened. It feels great.  :)

2002  effexor. 

Resuming life's simple pleasures :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old