SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Resistance

Nikki

About two years ago I was working the 12 Steps of Al-Anon with a Sponsor and she told me I was living in resistance and resistance was more of a problem than the actual problem.

I am doing it again. Focusing outward, worrying, not following thru, trying to change things thru mental telepathy (by obsessing). Procrastination particularly over mail. And poor eating and not being able to get a handle on it.

I always feel like I am circling the drain.

The opposite of resistance is acceptance and not keeping the brakes on going 100miles per hour.

Maybe I should start reading about acceptance and change. I have to remind myself that I do have choices even though I don't feel like I do.

How do you get out of Resistance????????????????????? and why do we go there for those of us who do????

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

the first step for me was accepting that I was in resistance...no joke...just be okay with that fact...it will pass.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

http://www.positivelypositive.com/2013/04/03/learning-to-find-peace-in-the-confusion-and-uncertainty/

I accidentally (some say there are no accidents)stumbled onto this from (of all places) Facebook.

A good read.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

GiaK

Yes, GiaK that is a large part of what the article explained. It's so hard for me to sit, be still and accept.

Good Heavens I am the one who gets in my own way.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

I think Charlie Brown of the Peanuts cartoon strip said that. And it's so true.

I often think that my journey through Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome has been God's way of teaching me patience and acceptance of what is and not what I think should be. Grueling as it has been, I think I'm becoming a better, stronger person for the experience. For possibly the first time in my life, I'm learning to put up with feelings of sadness, worry, and pain instead of rushing to the nearest escape hatch, such as a stiff drink or pills of some sort, and that will serve me well for the rest of my life.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

that is hilarious Jemima....thanks for posting it.

I think I could and probably should read my daily readers on acceptance. I run for food as my cushion.

Some other advise I've received is "do your part and turn the rest over."

I have a built in forgetterand I need reminders all the time.

Resistance causes anxiety.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 2 months later...

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

No. He is IN us. But he is NOT us. Maybe this is quibbling, but I don't like the formulation at all, it is somewhat blaming. It gives the impression you have to get rid of a bad part of yourself. I disagree. Words are importants. It is more about unveiling the beauty that is already in you, Besides, talking about enemy evokes war, and assimilate growth to a painful wrestling (besides being schizophrenic). Does it encourage you to improve yourself? Me, nope .Improvement is not secession, nor smothering, nor victory on a bad you. You just have to unravel. Why invoking adversity? This is all about helping to flourish. I am so tired of all that. Why do not play it simple?

First AD -sertraline- in 2007at the age of 13 because of child abuse

2009-2013: intricate story of multiple wds, meds and cts, gradually became a living mess

Feb 2013: last CT from a cocktail of four drugs, symptoms are relenting but witness a constant sharpening of the brain

"We have met the enemy and he is us."I think Charlie Brown of the Peanuts cartoon strip said that. And it's so true.I often think that my journey through Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome has been God's way of teaching me patience and acceptance of what is and not what I think should be. Grueling as it has been, I think I'm becoming a better, stronger person for the experience. For possibly the first time in my life, I'm learning to put up with feelings of sadness, worry, and pain instead of rushing to the nearest escape hatch, such as a stiff drink or pills of some sort, and that will serve me well for the rest of my life.

Well said Jemima; I agree with you: I used to take too many things for granted.Not anymore.

And Roads, I believe it's just a matter of semantics.

Sending healing vibes to everyone.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• 1 month later...

'How do you get out of Resistance????????????????????? and why do we go there for those of us who do???? '

You cannot get out of resistance, since wanting to get out of it is resisting the resistance.

Don't think about it. If you  think about it, you create it. By asking your question, you are creating your problem. 

There is nothing to resist. There is nothing to do. Just be. when you understand that, you understand everything.

First AD -sertraline- in 2007at the age of 13 because of child abuse

2009-2013: intricate story of multiple wds, meds and cts, gradually became a living mess

Feb 2013: last CT from a cocktail of four drugs, symptoms are relenting but witness a constant sharpening of the brain

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy