☼ theelt712: tapering off Zoloft

theelt712

Feeling bad right now...got really breathless, heart racing, in the middle of poetry camp and now I am continuing to feel breathless, constantly blinking, I almost had an anxiety attack, and I keep feeling breathless and like I can't breathe. It's terrible. I feel almost outside of my self.

I am off of all meds as of May 20th, 2013, after 5 weeks on Zoloft and a 4 week taper. Still experiencing: moderate anhedonia & PSSD, I am otherwise mostly healed. 

2.1 years off of medication. 

"If I walk away, don't hate me. I've got to see where the pain will take me.

I found no angels...I found myself."

Theelt, try not to panic; this is anxiety, very common, although horrible w/d symptom.

I know the feeling; it will pass, and it "will" get better.

Sending you healing vibes, A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Thank you! Today must just be really bad, LOL, I've had a worsening of some symptoms recently, including anhedonia.

UPDATE: Breathing has gotten better, almost back to normal. I am much calmer. Whew.

I am off of all meds as of May 20th, 2013, after 5 weeks on Zoloft and a 4 week taper. Still experiencing: moderate anhedonia & PSSD, I am otherwise mostly healed. 

Waking up every other hour is fun, especially with terrible dreams. :( I hope this is not the trend.

Brain zaps! Oh, these are fun- NOT. It feels like someone put electricity, or at the very least a painful popping sensation for 2-3 seconds that goes away, and charged one part of my brain. They are in small parts, too. I've had a brain MRI for possible seizures- and that came back clear.

There's this one song I've been listening to a lot, not because I feel anything from it, but because I enjoy the sound of it. Posted Image I guess this is an improvement. I'm still debating whether or not to listen to the Iso-Tone called 'Healing', if it will help or not....if I do, I will report results.

UPDATE: Listened to 10 seconds of a beat called 'Alpha', designed to bring the brain into alpha state, by accident while doing some brainwave research. Instantly, I was awakened, and feeling like I had a little bit of coffee without the jitters of caffeine. It was like I was more alert. Makes me more hopeful for others, still doing some research on it.

I do not want to get too over excited about this, but I noticed something awesome after the tone. I noticed a moderate break in the anhedonia as well after the tone! :) Not anywhere near 100, but I noticed that things sounded more exciting, I was having more positive thinking and I felt blunted happiness. 30% there! :)

Found this info on Alpha brain waves, and I think it may help balance some stuff in my head out.

"Alpha Brain WavesWith this brain wave you are calm, relaxed and in a meditative state. This is a day dreaming state when you are not quiet awake and also not in a deep sleep. In this state you can think and picture what you will like to achieve in your life and you can create that frequency that will help you to achieve it. At this frequency your brain is releasing Serotonin and Endorphins. "

If I am still anhedonic in 2 years, I do not know what I will do. Honestly. Gonna keep looking ahead..

Another day, another struggle. The annoying head buzzing is back. Uggh. I hate it so much! I had it premed but it was rare! Now it happens almost all the time. At least the zaps are gone...for now.

You won't be if you take care of yourself. You were on for a very short time. I got caught up in anxiety and probably prolonged this for myself.

Celexa 20 mg from December 2010 - July 2011. CT. 

Currently taking Buspar for anhedonia.

But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more.

Amiss, I have a severe anxiety disorder, and I have had anhedonic episodes without meds, once or twice, but it never exceeded a week. I even wrote about it in my journal if you want me to PM you a sample. I don't think either one of us prolonged it, but time heals all wounds. I think.

I AM NOW SUPERELT MUAHAHAHA! This awesome thing happened...SuperELT is no longer single! That's right, I found my Superman! :D Okay, end teenage girl moment.

I had anhedonia in the past as well, but of course not as 'complete' as this. It's almost like I can literally feel the serotonin in my brain, just making me "ok" with everything. 

Good for you for getting a bf! Is he from poetry camp?

My BF is someone that I've been practically in love with since August. He's from school, and currently recovering from a brain injury [multiple!!!] that happened in February. He's almost fully recovered and should be back to school this month. He's been a bit messed up for a while, but he's getting better. It gives me hope. And I know that feeling. It's freaking awful.

My hands are freezing, my breathing is slow, and I am out of it. I think I'm either going on my period or something is wrong.

Oh man, is he an athlete? I know a few kids that had to totally stop playing because they got too many concussions. 

PMS can make you feel really cold, I always get really uncomfortable symptoms like that. Hang in there!

I am, I have had symptoms all freaking week. It's awful......

And he's not an athlete.

My hands are freezing, my breathing is slow, and I am out of it. I think I'm either going on my period or something is wrong.

Hi SuperGirl; there is nothing wrong with you, except for w/D.

don't pay too much attention to your "symptoms" try to think or do something else....ok?

Hugs, A.

I am, I have had symptoms all freaking week. It's awful......

:( I'm sorry you don't feel well. My symptoms start sometimes like 10 days before my period starts! Hell. I'm not totally sure but I suspect WD has made PMS worse. Or... something hormonal is off. 

I actually started talking to my boyfriend, so I do feel a bit better. :) Thank you, hugs. :) A lot of hormonal **** has been off for me since I lost and got back my period, and I think that's the reason my emotions were sooooo intense.

I feel hopeless about anhedonia. I had perfect blood works and tcounts back in July, and perfect MRI for the head. I am at wit's end, it is getting worse. I think it could be hormonal, in which the only way to correct it is birth control.

Good morning , everyone. Feeling kinda sleepy in my normal, anhedonic state, after bawling my eyes out last night....gahh. Too much BS. No one besides you guys know the half of it.

I wish my mom got it. She just thinks I chose to be this way, which I DID NOT. I never chose to be this way, and I partially blame her for all this for egging me to go on the medication.

And here I am again. Crying, tears in my eyes all morning, why can't I just be normal? :/ I am sorry I sound so depressed this morning.

Probably going to try the Healing IsoTone soon. I may use a couple other ones and use them regularly to begin reporting results.

Just an FYI, after 3 years, my PTSD after 4th grade almost completely lifted. It was hell for almost 3 years though. I would have nightmares, depression, obsessive thinking, and other stuff. Never anhedonia but that's my experience with traumas and stuff.

Why did you have PTSD? :( What happened?

I'll PM you.

Seriously unsure how much more waiting i can take. Now i may have to wait longer for my bf to go back to school.

Morning everyone! Nothing much to report this morning....more of the same numbness. At least Luna's here to keep me company.

I'm really tired, despite getting a full night's sleep. There's nothing to do until Tuesday, where I'm going to need all the caffeine in the world to stay awake until 10:30 for 3 nights and past 11 on Thursday night.

Hello SuperT; one piece of advice: STAY AWAY FROM CAFFEINE.

You sleep through the night w/o problems?? Grrrr....I envy you.

Hugs, A.

Thank you for the advice. I actually have had caffeine in the process, in small amounts and it doesn't affect me as much. I miss my cup of coffee immensely though. And usually. I do wake up 1 or 2 times but not nearly as much as I used to.

DEPRESSION STICKS! GET YOUR DEPRESSION STICKS HERE! FEEL DEPRESSED FOR ONE DOLLAR HERE! LOLjk, but that would be a sick marketing tactic..anywho, my mom's really depressed and recently CT'd an AD [Welbutrin]....and feels like crap with a sinus infection. I feel like crap and anhedonic and disinterested. We're both depressed and in WD. Fun.