Hello im jojo ..my story so far..

jojo49

Hi everyone

Will this feeling pass alto?its almost like after you have had the flu and you feel weak and shakey and tired like I've lost my confidence.would really appreciate your help anyone?

Jojo

trazodone 150mg 2004 Phenergan 25mg.on two to three years thentried tapering on and off till 2010

tried cross tapering with various drugs sertralinre venlafaxine. no go .January 2012 trazodone 150 mg Phenergan 25mg.dropped to 100mg trazodone.april 2012 trazodone 75mg Phenergan 20mg.june 2012 trazodone 50mg Phenergan 17.5mg.jan2013 trazodone liquid method 35mg.used warm water,had it too hot and destroyed active property went into withdrawal as we didn't know whati was actually getting. march 2013 reinstated last dose 50mg capsule trazodone. Phenergan 17.5 mg.back to 75mg 7/05/2013.trazodone 45mg 9/5/13.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jojo49

• Altostrata

• Angel7366

• flower

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I hope this will pass, jojo. Sometimes it takes some time. Hang in there.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks alto is this something that happens sometimes if you de stabilize?

Jojo

trazodone 150mg 2004 Phenergan 25mg.on two to three years thentried tapering on and off till 2010

tried cross tapering with various drugs sertralinre venlafaxine. no go .January 2012 trazodone 150 mg Phenergan 25mg.dropped to 100mg trazodone.april 2012 trazodone 75mg Phenergan 20mg.june 2012 trazodone 50mg Phenergan 17.5mg.jan2013 trazodone liquid method 35mg.used warm water,had it too hot and destroyed active property went into withdrawal as we didn't know whati was actually getting. march 2013 reinstated last dose 50mg capsule trazodone. Phenergan 17.5 mg.back to 75mg 7/05/2013.trazodone 45mg 9/5/13.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks alto is this something that happens sometimes if you de stabilize?

Jojo

Jojo, what you are describing sounds fairly normal for withdrawal. That swimmy head feeling is pretty common in withdrawal. And 6 days is no time at all. Your anxiety and panicky feelings are probably just more withdrawal symptoms. Hang in there and focus on taking care of yourself.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

jojo,

I have been tapering since Sept. and have experienced what you describe , if I've read this right. Your withdrawal symptoms have just changed since your last drop, right? After having consistently experienced the same symtoms after a drop they have now changed? In other words, this swimming feeling is different but has occurred after a taper?

If so then I can verify that that symptoms after a drop ( taper) CAN be different. People always talked about tinnitus after a taper & I never had that. I always experienced headaches after a drop ( taper) ... and suddenly I experienced few headaches but got tinnitus. It alarmed me as well & I HATED it but since others had experienced it I just stayed the course.... and it, like the headaches, went away.

Tezza has confirmed the swimming feeling. Brain cells are unpredictable. I'd be gentle with yourself and just see if it goes away.

You are doing great!!!

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

hi jojo! a simple ear infection at the best of times will make you feel horrible with balance problems, tinnitus,nausea etc....make sure your doctor actually looks in your ear for signs of infection although saying that, signs of ear infection are not alwalys obvious and may be subtle with middle ear infection Ear infections can often mimic or have similar symptoms to withdrawing???..This could be completely separate from your withdrawing issues and most likely just bad timing. antibiotics can make you feel yuck also so hopefully you can just ride it out and let this little hiccup pass until you feel better. often when we are not at our best, i.e. including when we withdraw from other meds, we are susceptible to other illnesses including the common cold or ear infections as our immune system is already compromised. wishing you the best of health and to feel better soon.

have been on and off antidepressants for 16 years since becoming pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter.
Was put on effexor several years ago and experienced horrible side effects(shakes, vomiting, sweats, chills) about a week into commencing them.
Stopped effexor cold turkey and commenced on cipramil which I stayed on a low dose for many years until I weaned myself off.
A few years ago I was advised to go back on antidepressants and put on Pristiq. Started on 50 mg but experienced insomnia and irritability so halved the dose to 25mg which I tolerated well but didn't do a lot to help with the "depression" so eventually increased dose to 50mg which I was on for about 3 years 
I felt I was ready  to come off the antidepressants so began to wean off them.The method I have used was to cut the tablets up.

At first I took a half in the morning then a quarter late in the afternoon. I would often end up with a big half and a little half when cutting the pills up so I would take the big halves for a about 2 months then swap to the little halves therefore giving me a smallish dose reduction. I held on each reduction for about 6 to eight weeks and sometimes longer depending on how I was feeling.
To try to simply summarise my dosing method……….
*Big half  in morning quarter in early evening (around 4pm) 
*Small half in morning and quarter in evening
*Small half in morning then 1/8 in evening
*big half in morning and evening dose dropped
*small half in morning
*big quarter in morning
*small quarter in morning
*Big eighth in morning
*small eighth in morning
* a nibble of the already tiny tablet :))
This method has proved to be successful for me thus far and as of June 2014 I am more than 2 months completely Pristiq free

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support it means a lot.have had tinnitus since early December which when when some of the side effects of trazodone started worsening again.

I've had a few small windows today so will hang in there.i think alto was absolutely right that because i had become sensitive to trazodone i needed to drop my dose by 5mg .the high anxiety has subsided since I've done that.

Need to stick at 45 now till i fully stabilize

Thanks everyone

Jojo

JoJo I wish I could get that liquid Trazadone here in the states. I'm going to try to drop 5 mgs too. Did you notice a difference quickly? Alto suggested it may be causing me issues during the day..Or are you making your own liquid,excuse me if I'm a little confused this morning.I'd like to hear from you how the traz taper went for you.It scares me.I'm just becoming a big baby about WD. I'm working on getting stronger...Sorry I read your thread again I will see if I can get a capsule at the pharm.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Hi flower

Unfortunately i cant take the liquid it makes me feel really ill.to reduce we have

To undo the capsule pour out powder make reduction as accurate as possible then scrape powder back into capsule.

Making our own liquid from the powder went horribly wrong for us so the above method is the safest for me to use.

It took around 6 days for the anxiety to lessen a bit but im far from stable yet and my tinnitus is raging.i have just got to be patient now till things stabilize.

Jojo

• Administrator

You may wish to get an electronic digital scale to measure the powder accurately.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi alto

Yes your right we have being looking at the gemini one on amazon.how accurate are they?more accurate than my husband can get it with his cutting blade im sure lol but you know if is doing a good job bless him.

Have had a few windows today where I've felt a little better.thank you so much for all your help and advice.your a star!

Jojo :)

• Administrator

Thanks alto

Jojo

JoJo, I have the pill form of Trazadone. Doc said we would be able to get the powder.I didn't realize a 5 mg drop would be so devestating. I made a 25 mg drop once and suffered it out.It wasn't pretty. I can't remember much actually. I've been at 75mgs for a while. I would like to take 50mgs to see if there's an improvement in the daytime. First I have to get stable also. We will do this...Remember time is on our side.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Stay strong flower.i Dont know what to tell you but hope your ok

Jojo

Alto I've had about three fairly good days then tonight out of on where this horrible wave hit and i can't stop crying.im frightened.I've never destabilized before so i Dont understand it or understand how it goes.will i stabilize eventually??

Jojo

Sorry for you Jojo. Join the club! Hope you feel better soon xxx

2003 - Sept. 2010 Effexor 150mg Fast taper off

April 2011 Massive panic attack, did not relate it to Effexor w/ds

April 2011 - May 2012 Benzodiazapines (Xanax 2mg then Valium 22mg - 2mg)for panic attack. 14 months of benzo withdrawals

April 2011 - October 2012 Effexor 150mg - fast taper off

January 2013 Due to panic feelings (Effexor w/d I now believe) and insomnia, 15mg Mirtazapine prescribed

April 2013 C/T Mirtazapine because of adverse reaction of high anxiety

April 2013 Reinstated 7.5mg - adverse reaction of high blood pressure and palpitations

May 2013 Reduced dose to 6.5mg - trying to stabilise

Thanks Angel :)

Jojo

Alto?feeling quite shaken and scared is what I've asked above normal and will i stabilize and will it settle down??

Jojo

• Moderator Emeritus

Jojo, I don't think anyone can tell you exactly what's going to happen and how you're going to feel when. However, it is very normal for people to feel better then to feel worse then to feel better then worse, et cetera. I don't have the link but there is a thread somewhere about "windows and waves" and that's what they're talking about.

If you can, just try to ride it out when you have these spells of worsening. In my experience, people just get into more trouble when they try to fix every single bad spell by changing something. Bad spells are just part of the process. If it lasts for several months, that might be a different story, but these short-term ups and downs are pretty normal.

Ideally it will settle down soon, but again, nobody can say for sure. I think the best thing to do is focus on all the self-help ideas and tips in this forum under "symptoms and self-care," and try to just ride it out and be good to yourself.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Hi rhi

Tthanks so much for your reply.i think your right.and the fact that i had a few better days is hopefully a step in the right direction.just be glad when things settle down again and i can begin the rest of my journey far more cautiously in future.thanks for your support rhi im very glad of it.

Jojo

• Administrator

jojo, you'll need to ride the waves and not upset yourself further. The bad times come and go, getting further apart. Keep this in mind, keep calm and carry on.

Thanks alto so much i must keep remembering that.thanks for your valuable help and support.its tough :(

Right now.

Jojo

Have been on

45mg trazodone as suggested for 11 days now.the high anxiety has decreased but without sounding too dramatic i feel so physically awful and so tired i just want to lay on the floor and not wake up.i hope i begin to stabilize soon this is pure hell and im so sad :(

Jojo

• Moderator Emeritus

JoJo,

How are you measuring your doses? Your difficulty may be be causes of imprecise dosage amounts. Did you get a scale?

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Hi are you there no not yet husband is pouring powder from capsule placing in aline then using the measurements from a ruler to work out the ten percent.

Jojo

Doctor came today and thinks that maybe because i had a few symptom free days after a few days of dropping to 45mg that I've now gone into a withdrawal phase that I've had before and should subside like before in the usual 9 -10 days.would this sound right alto?also he that is the case i guess when im well enough to make next drop maybe make it smaller than 10 percent what do you think alto??

Jojo

• Administrator

jojo, please keep notes on paper about your day-to-day symptom pattern.

Is this the same doctor who was previously clueless about withdrawal syndrome?

We have discussed many times how long to stay at a reduced dose and what you can expect with waves and windows as you stabilize.

Please re-read this topic.

Hi alto

I do a diary every day i think i go back 2 years with that so helpful to look back on.

No this is my new gp who is aware of withdrawals and is very open to learning more and has been very interested and is learning from what has been discussed here.

I will re read this topic alto to refresh myself on it all.what would be the longest it may take me to stabilize on your suggested dose of 45?

So sorry for any repetition .please believe me when i tell you me and my family are finding your knowledge and advice a god send

Thanks so much

Jojo

Had a re read of this topic but can't find how long i need to stay on this dose to stabilize.

Thanks in advance

Jojo

• Administrator

Yes, give it time.

Thanks for your support!

I hope this will pass, jojo. Sometimes it takes some time. Hang in there.

Jojo, I don't think anyone can tell you exactly what's going to happen and how you're going to feel when. However, it is very normal for people to feel better then to feel worse then to feel better then worse, et cetera. I don't have the link but there is a thread somewhere about "windows and waves" and that's what they're talking about.

If you can, just try to ride it out when you have these spells of worsening. In my experience, people just get into more trouble when they try to fix every single bad spell by changing something. Bad spells are just part of the process. If it lasts for several months, that might be a different story, but these short-term ups and downs are pretty normal.

Ideally it will settle down soon, but again, nobody can say for sure. I think the best thing to do is focus on all the self-help ideas and tips in this forum under "symptoms and self-care," and try to just ride it out and be good to yourself.

jojo, you'll need to ride the waves and not upset yourself further. The bad times come and go, getting further apart. Keep this in mind, keep calm and carry on.

Thanks alto

Jojo x

So sorry to be posting again i must seem so needy.i just feel so terrible and so afraid i won't stabilize.when i dropped to 45mg as suggested it did improve the high anxiety but i still have no other function just on the sofa in my dressing gown exhausted on my own and terrified i won't ever stabilize.:((

Jojo

• Administrator

"Give it time" means weeks and months.... You need to be patient to take care of yourself.

Hi everyone could do with some cyber hugs from my friends around the world.feel so poorly at the moment

Jojo

• Moderator Emeritus

(((hugs))) from my husbands office Jojo.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.