MichaelCH: Too much exercise WD BACK with Vengence HELP!

MichaelCH

• Administrator

It could be Xanax withdrawal or it could be Xanax is helping your other withdrawal symptoms.

You've made your situation very complicated with the various drug experiments; it's impossible to say what's doing what.

You need to make decisions to keep your drug situation consistent and stop throwing in confounding factors.

There's not much I can tell you how to clarify this. I have no idea what will help. You'll need to make the decisions for yourself.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for your reply and for being there. You are right I confounded things by taking the Xanax. At this point I'm hoping its not Xanax withdrawal. I think the best thing to do is  hold  and not take any more since like you said before if this is  a rebound from the Benzo taken 8 weeks before it will go away, I'll just keep holding off untill the WD's get unbearable. If they get that severe than I would think there not just rebound WD's and will need to taper

Thanks for being here for us Alto. If there is anything you can think of for me to watch out for during my hold off of the Xanax please let me know. GOD BLESS

20mg Citalipram 2003
upted it to 40mg Jan 2012
June 2012 I could not sleep so doctor switched me to 200mg of Trazodone
I dont recall tapering much off the Citalipram. I remember a coulple of head zaps
Tapered all the way down in 2mo's to 0mg by the end of Dec 2012
Jan 11 2012 started back on 50mg

4/28 2012 Was using .25mg Xanax to help me sleep for a couple of weeks every other night on 5/26 I started getting  huge surges of anxiety. I first thought it was the Trazodone but looking back in January I was only getting insomnia. I believe I'm now in the nightmare that is Benzo WD 

Alto,  Can you please answer me this, If my anxiety comes back worse after taking the xanax yesterday, would that lend you to believe I may need to taper. Before yesterday my anxiety was in check and not running rampant. Right now I can feel that uneasy nervousness brewing in my stomach. If the wd's come back worse than I would surmise that the Xanax is involved more than just helping my other WD symptoms.

20mg Citalipram 2003
upted it to 40mg Jan 2012
June 2012 I could not sleep so doctor switched me to 200mg of Trazodone
I dont recall tapering much off the Citalipram. I remember a coulple of head zaps
Tapered all the way down in 2mo's to 0mg by the end of Dec 2012
Jan 11 2012 started back on 50mg

4/28 2012 Was using .25mg Xanax to help me sleep for a couple of weeks every other night on 5/26 I started getting  huge surges of anxiety. I first thought it was the Trazodone but looking back in January I was only getting insomnia. I believe I'm now in the nightmare that is Benzo WD 

• Administrator

Yes, that might be possible. I really cannot say definitively what you should do.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you are doing better Michael. In spring/summer 2012 I was feeling the same way coming off of Benzos, not knowing which way was up. I stayed off them, but also became nervous when taking .5mg Ativan to have an MRI done, not knowing if I'd cause more damage. Micromanaging the withdrawal was horrible and I don't know, looking back, if I could have done better or worse. Be gentle with yourself in the meantime. Wishing you the best of health. Don't worry, it gets better with time.

2008 Feb- 1MG Ativan As Needed

2010 Tolerance Withdrawal to Ativan begins. Source unrecognized.

2011 Fall Began Attempting to Come off Ativan 1 week taper as advised by doctor. Increase to 1mg Daily.

2012 January nervous breakdown symptoms. Source unrecognized. Withdrawal symptoms.

2012 May stopped Ativan cold turkey. Severe wd symptoms occurred by end of month.

2012 July 21st 50MG of Pristiq

2013 February 5 week increase to 100MG

2013 March tapered down from 100MG to 50MG in 2 weeks.

2013 March 27th first day of alternate day taper of 50mg to 0mg.

2013 March 13th first 2

2013 April 26th first 3

2013 May 1 first 4-day

2013 May 18th Last 50MG of Pristiq. Ever. Entirely drug free.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Michael,

I took some Valium intermittently in April/May to help with insomnia. I couldn't work out why I was feeling worse - then I realised it was indeed rebound insomnia and anxiety from the valium.

Once I worked that out I didn't touch the benzos again. It takes a while to settle down, I'm still not feeling right. But for now the symptoms are tolerable.

I'm not sure if you've developed a dependency yet, you may want to post a question on the benzobuddies forum and they may be able to give you a clearer idea about what's going on.

It doesn't take long to develop a dependence on Xanax, especially if you were taking them every day for a period of time. But everyone is different so you may be able to ride out the symptoms.

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******