A question for the women

GiaK

I'm having something unusual happen. I've now lost about 77 lbs...the weight loss has clearly not stopped either...I can stand to lose another 20 lbs safely, I'd say.

What is odd, however, is that my breasts are now getting bigger and heavier even as I lose weight.

WTF??

I'm totally confused.

Anyone else?

Any thoughts?

I'm 48. I'm still menstruating like a 20 something, but I assume I'm pre-menopausal. 

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

The same happened to me. I gained well over 100 pounds with poly drugging and am holding at losing 70. My cup size went up while the band size went way down. I'd love to lose more too but my old weight pre-drugs may be a thing of the past.

Unable at this time to correspond by private message.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

My Success Story is listed under "Aria's Recovery".

I'm growing in that area but assumed it was due to estrogen I'm taking. My periods have come back after not having for 3-4 years.

I believe SS/NRIs lower gonadal function, both ovarian and testicular. Not sure about other drugs but wouldn't be surprised if all reproductive hormones are finding the new normal.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

thanks to both of you...seems it's normal

Aria...i got stuck and didn't lose weight for a long time...but as I continued to heal and pay attn to the body/mind/spirit and it's needs...making the appropriate changes...the weight started dropping again...

it's a process...just keep paying attn.!!

thanks to both of you for responding...our bodies are mysteries...but they do hold much wisdom too! 

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

My first thought was soy consumption (though I don't know what your diet is). I found some interesting facts about soy here http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/soy_wth. And here is a link that came up in that same search: http://www.livestrong.com/article/227376-how-to-increase-breast-size-with-diet/.

My weight in my 20's was 120lbs. Weight before my CT: 168lbs (or was it 178?). I just went to the pdoc Wed. and my weight has dropped to 139 (yay!) since Oct 2012. I am not dieting, in fact having trouble eating enough. My sugar consumption is way down, and where I used to wolf down food in large quantities while on meds, I just cannot do it now. My breasts have shrunk some but not as much as dieting used to do in my younger years. My band size has shrunk some because I am gradually losing all of the fat deposited on my back while on AD's. Some odd places I notice my weight loss: wrists (cuff bracelet is loose) and my face (Oh jeeze the WRINKLES!). The nose pads of my glasses don't fit right anymore.

And oh, cr@p, somehow I've gotten older.....

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

It is so nice to hear about losing weight.  The first ad I took was Pamelor (tricyclic) and my breasts size increased.  I read that this could happen.

Gained weight from paxil after pamelor.  Another reason.  Then I had a hysterectomy and went on HRT.  Another reason?

I have lost weight since my paxil and lexapro days, however my breast size remains the same.  I still need to lose weight and hopefully when I get myself into doing it, maybe the weight will lower the size.

Nikki

Looking to talk about weight in an existing thread.....will search  Hugs Hugs Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Aging seems to add to breast size. Go figure.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I believe SS/NRIs lower gonadal function, both ovarian and testicular.

Does gonadal function return to past levels after discontinuing or as you go down in dose?

My breast size increased when I was on birth control, but it has gone down (or returned to what it previously was) since I stopped and lost weight.

Tapering Zoloft, Dec 2014

Started Lamictal

Re-started Zoloft mid-Oct 2014, 25-50mg

Stopped Zoloft end of Sept 2014

Started Zoloft July 2014, 50mg

Stopped Prozac from 3mg May 2014

Stopped Effexor Dec '13 Started 10mg Prozac

Reinstated Effexor 15mg on Nov 2013

Stopped from 21mg on Oct 2013
Effexor 112.5mg, since Dec 2012

Hi GiaK,

Years ago I found that I had developed fibroids which not only causes heavy bleeding but an increase in breast size. If you haven't

already you may want to check to make sure you don't have fibroids. At least one medication that I know of (Risperdal) causes them

because of its prolacting raising tendencies. Take care of yourself and know that Beyond Meds "woke me up" to the fact that I was

improperly drugged and labeled. Thank you!

Adagiooo

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have a quetion which may be related to the question of SSRI's increasing breast size.

I feel that my breasts have got bigger and heavier after I reinstated escitalopram - i have also gained about 5-7 pounds.

But in addition to this, I have a terrible - almost unbearable sometimes, it makes my cry when it is at its worst - feeling of heightened sensitivity in the breasts, especially around the nipples but also deeper inside the breast. Maybe it is paresthesia or perhaps dysesthesia.

I just wondered if anybody else has experienced this?

Thanks

Alopam (benzodiazepine) first prescribed 1994
Akarin (citalopram) from 2002

Mirtazepine for about 2 months for insomnia in 2003 or 2004
Changed from Akarin to Effexor 2005
Started Nexium 2005
Changed from Effexor to Akarin 2006
Stopped Alopam after slow tapering 2006
Changed from Akarin to Cipralex 2006
Started Seroquel (quetiapine) 2006
Changed from Nexium to Omeprazol 2006
Started tramadol 2008
Started pramipexole for restless legs syndrome 2008
Stopped Seroquel after quick tapering 2009
Stopped tramadol 2011
Stopped Omeprazol August 2012
Stopped Cipralex (escitalopram) (after an appr 6 weeks taper) on Oct 13, 2012
Reinstated Cipralex 5 mg on May 18 - on May 22 went down to 2.5 mg Cipralex - June 1 down to 2 mg Cipralex, oral drops - June 26 down to 1.20 mg - July 27 updosed to 1,30 mg - Sept 14 down to 1,00 mg of own tablet liquid - Oct 20 down to 0,90 mg

oh...I had terrible terrible pains in my breasts...dyesthesia, parasthesias...whatever...felt like I was being repeatedly knived, actually...that is long gone now...was going on a couple of years ago...for perhaps a year or two...varied intensity with my hormones...

I don't think it had anything to do with an AD in particular though...I came off the AD first of all the drugs...so this was 6 years later that I was having the pains...lots of the protracted withdrawal symptoms are the same from drug to drug. 

Hi Gia,

Thanks for responding.

I guess maybe many different things/drugs can give you paresthesia and the like in your breasts.

For me it is not pain exactly, it is more of an unpleasant and uncomfortable tingling or tickling and itchy feeling. It started about 3 months after a too quick taper off of escitalopram, so I am certain it has to do with AD's somehow, probably prolonged withdrawal syndrome. But it is still going on, not every day, but a couple of times a week, after reinstating on May 18. I was hoping reinstating would make it go away, but perhaps there is stille hope. Or maybe I am too sensitive to escitalopram at this point? It is so difficult to tell the difference sometimes between withdrawal syndrome and sensitivity to the drug :(

Alopam (benzodiazepine) first prescribed 1994
Akarin (citalopram) from 2002

Mirtazepine for about 2 months for insomnia in 2003 or 2004
Changed from Akarin to Effexor 2005
Started Nexium 2005
Changed from Effexor to Akarin 2006
Stopped Alopam after slow tapering 2006
Changed from Akarin to Cipralex 2006
Started Seroquel (quetiapine) 2006
Changed from Nexium to Omeprazol 2006
Started tramadol 2008
Started pramipexole for restless legs syndrome 2008
Stopped Seroquel after quick tapering 2009
Stopped tramadol 2011
Stopped Omeprazol August 2012
Stopped Cipralex (escitalopram) (after an appr 6 weeks taper) on Oct 13, 2012
Reinstated Cipralex 5 mg on May 18 - on May 22 went down to 2.5 mg Cipralex - June 1 down to 2 mg Cipralex, oral drops - June 26 down to 1.20 mg - July 27 updosed to 1,30 mg - Sept 14 down to 1,00 mg of own tablet liquid - Oct 20 down to 0,90 mg

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy