SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Adagiooo trying to come off of risperdal and clonazapam

Adagiooo

Thank you so much Skyler. Your words mean more to me than you know.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adagiooo

• bluebalu86

• LoveandLight

• Redmanone

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone honey. We're all here for you. We're all in this together. You are among friends here. Everybody understand how you feel here. I'm sorry you feel so crappy. It will get better! Hang on, we can do this. I'm here if you need me, and also on facebook. Sending love and hugs!

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Thank you Blue for your kindness and compassion. Last night was really rough for me. My mother pulled that "well if you are just positive..." bullsh*t on me. No amount of positive thinking is going to alleviate the excruciating pain in my feet or take away the severe fatigue. I'm so tired of her trying to convince me that I can "think" this all away.

I know you're suffering too so I do hope you find some relief very, very soon. Sending love and hugs back to you.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• Moderator Emeritus

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thank you Skyler for sending the links. I will read through them. You are a gem of a person and a great moderator. I'm grateful for you.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

((Hugs)) Ada..yes people around us just don't get it. I am sorry for your pain xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Hi L&L,

No they don't. And I think it hurts the worst when it your own mother. I have decided to write her a letter and include two of the articles from the links Skyler sent me. I may put the letter on SA when I'm done.

I hope your headache is gone. I also hope you're having a good day today and are moving toward stabilization. Thanks for all your support L&L, it means a lot to me. XOXO

03/04-11/04 Abilify

It's a pleasure. Thank you very much for your support also xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

No one is coming. Every adult knows, no one is coming to save you. We all know this but sometimes it's hard to accept it as fact, especially if there seems to be no way out of a horrible situation.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

We will save ourselves. Time and God will help. The body heals, the brain heals. There's hope! And there is a way out of this terrible situation we're all in. And we'll find it.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

The way out of this is:

1. Stay alive

2. Take care of self

3. Reduce meds slowly and carefully

4. Take more care of self

5. Wait patiently for healing

Thanks blue for the words of encouragement. I'm in a bad spot right now, but I appreciate you. Thank you.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

• 3 weeks later...

Have finally migrated a portion of my benzo to 1 pm. So:

1 mg Risperdal, 15 mg temapezam, 1 mg K -- bedtime

1 mg K -- 1pm

Feet are in excruciatiating pain all day and keeps me awake at night. Sleep is so, so bad don't know if or when I'll be able to continue my taper.

Not in a good place. Suffering terribly with extreme fatigue, extreme foot pain, really poor and non refreshing sleep, many, many food sensitivities, anhedonia, heaviness in legs like 100 lb weights are attached to them, intrusive thoughts and negative thought patterns. Zero tolerance to stress, mood swings, problems standing for more than a few minutes, reliving the past, most notably the negative, hopelessness and on and on it goes.

Sill walking everyday but with great difficulty. It's getting harder and harder.

Feeling stuck on this poison, scared and thinking I just want to end this all the time. Am obsessed with ending this.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

I'm so sorry, it must be even harder to deal with, with the physical pain too.

Know that I'm thinking of you xxxxxx

It is. I'm in hell. Thank you for thinking of me. That means a lot to me. I hope you feel better soon and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. XOXO

03/04-11/04 Abilify

• 1 month later...

Hi dear

How are you doing? Any changes? It's hellish, isn't it... For me too. So sorry for your pain. I have the same "obsession" as you. We mustn't give up though. 

Just saw your note. Things are pretty much the same. Am at a standstill.

I hope you are stabilizing more each day. Your taper may not be easy but you can do it. XOXO

03/04-11/04 Abilify

...then again you may surprise yourself and find tapering easier than you thought.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

Hi Ada,

I'm sorry that I have not seen your posts before during my stay here.

I am so sorry to read of the injustices that you have suffered at the hands of a system that should have provided support and solace to you.

You have every right to feel aggrieved and distressed by your experiences.

I also sense a huge amount of strength and insight from your writing and the will to overcome your struggles.

I am so sorry that this is a battle that you have to fight, but have faith in your ability to negotiate this process at a steady pace with positive outcomes in terms of your healing.

Not all of us are blessed with nurturing, supportive mothers. I can speak to this experience first hand. It can make the whole process of negotiating the trauma of withdrawal so much harder.

If there is one thing that you can do for yourself right now, let it be to be the best mother and nurturer of yourself. You are so deserving of this care and compassion.

You are in my thoughts. I am new to your page and hope I have not said anything to offend.

I wish you the best of everything.

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

Hello Tilly, very nice to meet you. Thank you for posting on my page and you have not offended me at all. In fact the good news about my mother is that I have made peace with her. I am trying to see things from her point of view and she is beginning to understand how much I am truly suffering.

Your kind words and observations are very much appreciated. I am doing as you suggested and trying to be compassionate and nurturing to myself. We are not supposed to discuss SI on here but I am plagued and almost resigned to this fate. At the same time i still fight each day. What I have done, though, is to forgive myself for feeling this way. I do not say this for encouragement or sympathy; I have the "professional" help that is supposed to deal with this type of thinking, but the all day, everyday suffering is just too great. Still...here I am.

You are in my thoughts too. I have not read your thread, but I intend to. I hope whatever you are fighting through you are winning and healing. I, too, sense an insight in you that transcends the written word. Much peace to you and may you come out victorious on the other side.

03/04-11/04 Abilify