Kachna: Lexapro discontinuation syndrome

Kachna

Thanks Equanity,

It just started so unexpectedly, and i was not taking this shite for long. I cannot sleep because of this as i am worried to move in the bed to make the swaying /vertigo worse. I do have a problem with my neck as well but it has not caused dizziness. My lordosis is to flat and bending hurts.

I am anxious that something will happen to me as the feeling is horrible.

I am taking vitamine d, magnesium and will come back to fish oil and see. I have never seen the difference with or without fish oil.

Like everyone else i just want it to end. I just woke up and i could not sleep at all.

Sept2012-april 2013 - Lexarpo 20mg - taper beginning in Feb till April 2013

Xanax full october 2012 and full February 2013

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

End of May 2013- August 2013 - st johns wort - taper 6 weeks

Withdrawal (mixture cipralex and sjw)

Now lorazepam for anxiety- not regular

Still in withdrawal - head pressure, nausea - trying to hang in there

Sensitive to antidepressant and benzos

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kachna

• Altostrata

• annelle

• Petunia

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kachna,

I know exactly what you are going through.  It really frightened me too.  One can start imagining all kinds of terrible things.  That is one of the reasons I joined this blog.  Kinda like misery loves company thing.  Knowing that someone else has the same symptoms as me after getting off the same kind of drugs as I did, somehow helps me to know THAT IT WILL GO AWAY AT SOME POINT!

The best we both can do is to remain calm because if we tense up and get ourselves crazy afraid, we will just end up causing ourselves extra anxiety and it does interfere with our sleep.  When we don't get the proper sleep, we then get anxious some more.  It is a vicious cycle.  Like a dog chasing it's tail.  

We are smarter than dogs, so let's both try to remain calm.  I didn't sleep so great last night, but when I am not able to sleep, I remain in a quiet meditative state instead of getting up and wringing my hands about it.  You know?

There are guided meditation videos all over youtube.com  Find some that feel helpful to you and get into the habit of just trying to calm your breath and then it will calm your mind.  Just type in the term, "guided meditation," in the search bar there.

I am sending you Love and Light.

1977-2001 Valium 5mg. PRN (and later years I PRNed too much)., 2001 Prozac, but changed quickly to Paxil for 6 months, then tapered over 8 weeks.

2002 Klonopin 1 mg., Celexa 30 mg. had "manic" response (was labeled bi-polar) so Neurontin was added after trying Depakote, Geodon, Risperadal, Zyprexa.

2003 Trileptal was added and Neurontin discontinued. Hair fell out and Trileptal was discontinued.,

2004 Now 6 mg. Klonopin, Lexapro 20 mg. (instead of Celexa) Lamictal 125 mg. instead of Trileptal.

2009 Now 3 mg. Klonopin reduced from 6 mg. after swallowing all the pills and lived to tell about it. Wellbutrin was added, then Rozerem 8 mg. and stayed on Lexapro 20 mg. and Lamictal at 100 mg. (Seroquel and Effexor were tried, but quickly discontinued.)

2011 Successfully tapered from Klonopin 3 mg. to 2 mg. that year in .25 mg. increments.

2012 Successfully tapered off Wellbutrin and discontinued Rozerem replacing it with melatonin. Tapered another 1/2 mg. of Klonopin.

2013 Tapered off Lexapro 10 mg. in January and February, tapered down to 75 mg. of Lamictal in February. Went to a holistic clinic for a month in March and tapered 1 1/2 mg. off Klonopin to 0 by March 13th. Finished Lexapro taper of 10 mg. during the spring and then the last 75 mg. of Lamictal in the summer. All done by July 21st 2013.  Withdrawal symptoms (both physical and emotional) up the ying-yang.  

10/22/13 Right now am suffering from unrelenting vertigo, crying spells, some anxiety.  Definite periods of hope and homeostasis. 

My introductory post:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5118-equanimity-asking-for-help-for-unrelenting-vertigo-due-to-withdrawal/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

Hi Equanimity , thanks for kind words. I do try meditation , the healing codes as well. Not only do i have this after drug misery i also have back condition, lower back and neck. I know it will go away, but when you cannot sit due to the pain it is annoying.

I hate when anxiety strikes, each wave is different.

I see your history is so " rich" . I keep repeating - it is not my fault, with the time it is a bit easier .. But i still keep thinking- what if i had not taken the drugs...

Today i am swaying all the time.

Sending love and warm wishes

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Kachna,

Don't get the "If Onlies," as I call them.  If only I didn't do that, if only I didn't this and so forth.  How many things in Life can we do that to successfully?  The answer is: None.  We can not change the past, we can only learn from it.  We can grow from this experience.  I know I am.

Also, it is NOT your fault.  However, I have gotten past the blame thing.  I have moved on from that only because it does not serve me at all.  We actually end up punishing ourselves twice by harboring any blame or hatred.  "They" don't know we are still angry, it does not effect "them."  It only effects and harms us by holding on to that negative energy.

Try to find meaning.  That is what has helped me the most.  I have been reading metaphysical writings since I was nineteen.  There are thousands of talks on youtube that I listen to when my eyes are too tired to read.  I just close my eyes and listen.

You will find with the "swaying," that the sensation will eventually change a little.  That will tell you that it is not permanent.  That's how I know, for both of us, it will go away.  I am feeling it less at the moment and for that I am grateful.

Hope this helps. :)

1977-2001 Valium 5mg. PRN (and later years I PRNed too much)., 2001 Prozac, but changed quickly to Paxil for 6 months, then tapered over 8 weeks.

2002 Klonopin 1 mg., Celexa 30 mg. had "manic" response (was labeled bi-polar) so Neurontin was added after trying Depakote, Geodon, Risperadal, Zyprexa.

2003 Trileptal was added and Neurontin discontinued. Hair fell out and Trileptal was discontinued.,

2004 Now 6 mg. Klonopin, Lexapro 20 mg. (instead of Celexa) Lamictal 125 mg. instead of Trileptal.

2009 Now 3 mg. Klonopin reduced from 6 mg. after swallowing all the pills and lived to tell about it. Wellbutrin was added, then Rozerem 8 mg. and stayed on Lexapro 20 mg. and Lamictal at 100 mg. (Seroquel and Effexor were tried, but quickly discontinued.)

2011 Successfully tapered from Klonopin 3 mg. to 2 mg. that year in .25 mg. increments.

2012 Successfully tapered off Wellbutrin and discontinued Rozerem replacing it with melatonin. Tapered another 1/2 mg. of Klonopin.

2013 Tapered off Lexapro 10 mg. in January and February, tapered down to 75 mg. of Lamictal in February. Went to a holistic clinic for a month in March and tapered 1 1/2 mg. off Klonopin to 0 by March 13th. Finished Lexapro taper of 10 mg. during the spring and then the last 75 mg. of Lamictal in the summer. All done by July 21st 2013.  Withdrawal symptoms (both physical and emotional) up the ying-yang.  

10/22/13 Right now am suffering from unrelenting vertigo, crying spells, some anxiety.  Definite periods of hope and homeostasis. 

My introductory post:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5118-equanimity-asking-for-help-for-unrelenting-vertigo-due-to-withdrawal/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

Hey,

I like the thing with listening and just lying down. Will calm down and maybe pain will not be so annoying. I am now releasing IF and MY FAULT emotions. It is never a one day process.

Finding the meaning- another tricky one. I will find it.

Are you feeling ok today?

Sending love and hugs

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Hi Kachna,

Glad you are releasing the IF and MY FAULT emotions!  Every journey begins with one step.  One day, POOF, they will suddenly be gone.  Since you have the intention to release them, they will go when you are ready.

I am feeling better today.  Thank you for asking.  You may be interested in this:  I think taking extra virgin organic coconut oil has helped with the vertigo! I have also been taking krill oil, which is fish oil, but it comes from the antarctic, which makes it cleaner.  It is also more potent, where you take less of it and get the same benefits as you get from regular fish oil.

Even though I had some waking up anxiety in the middle of the night and in the morning, I actually slept okay.  When I sleep, the vertigo seems better.  I am not swaying as much.  The "boat" I am on is in calm waters today.

I am remaining calm and hoping you do the same.  We WILL get through this!  Glad you are out there.

Love and Hugs back to you!!

THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

Hey, glad you are feeling better. I went to osteopath yesterday, we will see. This swaying is annoying so i am trying to sleep as much as i can. Sometimes it is not possible. As said, lorazepan creates viscious circle. It calms down but gives anxiety.

I am trying to listen to meditations and relaxation music.

We WILL go through this!

Hugs and warm greetings

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Hi Equanimity, how are u feeling.

My swaying drives me crazy. I walk with nordic walkig sticks. And my heart arrythmias got worse.

I took these drugs only for few months and i still cannot compahend that they are so powerful so many weeks after quiting.

Have a great day

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

I am now releasing IF and MY FAULT emotions. It is never a one day process. 

Its good you are releasing yourself of these thought patterns, Shoulda, woulda, coulda thinking doesn't serve anyone!

Hang in there!

2013-July 1st Citalopram 20mg ()

2013-August 19th ended Citalopram cold turkey

med free.  (Took them for 7 weeks)

When I was a child, I spoke as a child,

I understood as a child, I thought as a child;

But when I became a man,

I put my childish things away.

- 1 Corinthians 13:11

• Moderator Emeritus

hello Kachna and others on this thread!

I came to this thread as a fellow victim of Lexapro (you will see my dosage was initialyl 10 mg for 2 years, but at some points I would reduce it to 5 mg without (big) consequences and then in times of stress up the those again. In short, I was on 5 mg for 6 months before going to 2.5 and then completely off after 2 weeks ;((( I reinstated to 5 after 44 days so I'm still suffering but it seems not so badly as you. Sorry for comparing suffering ;((( I hope you know what I mean...

I also hope your symptoms are getting better. I had awful vertigo after discontinuing Zoloft (which went away after reinstating...)

Will start a 5 day breathing/meditation workshop since it is very beneficial for me as you also advise. Also started krill oil. Seems to be getting popular in Europe.

Warm greetings to all,

bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bubble, thanks for your message , how are you getting on?

Hi Guys, i have a question, my neck And head muscles are getting crazy. They contract then let go , this is like constant hair pulling and letting go. It started when i was taking lexarpo and lyrica and benzos from time to time, and ia still have these sensations, they get worse when i bend or sit?

Could this still be related to withdrawal. ? Any tips? I still take magnesium 3 times a day.

Many thanks

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Administrator

You might want to try acupuncture, chiropractic, or osteopathic treatment for those symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Alto, doing osteopathy, may try acupuncture. Have bad experience with chiros.

Just wanted to know if this is / can be drug/ withdrawal related

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Administrator

Yes, withdrawal syndrome often involves different kinds of pain.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hiye, i cannot describe it as pain, it is, as i call it - sensation. Pulling hair -releasing kind of thing, like my muscles went crazy. Anyway, thanks Alto. I will continue with osteopath and will try acupuncture.

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, after 8 months of quitting can i still have depersonalization and balance problems? When i walk i sometimes feel like falling, and i fell as id my legs were not mine

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kachna,

Do you have these symptoms all the time, or do they come and go?

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi Kachna.....when I get off of a med I have migratory pain.  It feels like the pain from a flu.  I have found that if I wear socks, and use a warm comforter at bedtime the heat somehow makes the pain go away.  It seems to work all the time.

I took cipralex a few years back and it took me a long time to get off of it and after I did, I had WD problems that lasted a good 9 months or so.  It is very common.

Switzerland is beautiful all year long, but especially now:)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I just want to second the idea of ice packs! My migraines were caused by being rearended and having a nerve bundle in my spine pinched. I joke that I was addicted to ice!!! I could not go anywhere without it.... And had at least twenty blue gel packs that I rotated non stop all day long.

Then the neurologist began throwing all sorts of these categories of drugs at me, on and off again all very quickly!! It was a really horrible few years. And I went thru a divorce simultaneously. Ice was the one thing that helped without giving me any side effects or negative rebounds.

Re: your back pain- I was referred for back surgery seven times due to frayed and bulging discs. I was crawling around on my elbows to care for my family bc I could not bear Any weight!! Not even on my knees. I researched the surgery and chose to work out instead. I focused on weight bearing activities and focused on strengthening my core. My back was at it's worst in 1995 when I was pregnant. I worked out steadily until the car accident in 2002 (with limited ability to work out 95-99 while caring for my terminal child). When the dog pulled me down concrete steps and shattered my hip socket.... I kept asking for a report on how my spine looked after my MRI. The nurse kept telling me that's not where I am injured: I KNOW that!! I am the one who told YOU where I am injured :P. I wanted to know if my working out had helped improve the condition of my discs!!

My back is as healthy as a newborn baby's!! Steady continuous working out that focuses on strengthening the muscles surrounding your area of pain, especially the corresponding muscles in the stomach area, will give your spine the relief and support it needs to repair the damage done!!

I hope you have as much success in overcoming back pain as I have :) and while you're working on it, enjoy your ice packs!!

Withdrawing meds: * lexapro 20mg (?) since maybe winter 2009-10. Self weaned this summer stopping in sept 2013 (I just cut in half for a few weeks, then took every other day then a couple x a week then nothing); *Xanax 0.5mg 4xday (dr cut by 50% twice in 16days oct 5-21st. By late Nov, dropped from 1/2 a 0.5mg tab tid to bid...by dec 1st, I was suicidal. Told dr I had to hold!) am still holding at 1/4 a 0.5mg tab bid since early dec; *sept 9 began buspar 7.5mg bid, raised to 15mg bid oct, nov 23 raised it 30mg am holding pm dose at 15mg. By Dec 11th I knew my liver was heading into failure again... Heart rapidly moving towards stroke levels. BP escalating rapidly towards stroke levels... BP moving past 200/130+ and heart rate hitting 200s everyday after buspar dose. Ribs were burning from being pushed so far out by the swollen liver plus itching severe- needed scissors to scratch deep enough but still itching 24/7. Checked for buspar symptoms I had them all plus a few underlying conditions making buspar contraindicated. For me buspar is literally toxic.

*buspar taper:

~dec 11th dropped from 30mg am/15mg pm to 15mg am/pm

~dec 17th pm dropped to 12.5mg am/pm

~dec 29th pm dropped to 10mg am/pm

~jan 5th pm dropped to 7.5mg am/pm

~jan 7th pm dropped to 5mg am/pm {dropped in only two days under pressure from alto to drop Now... Bc she then realized I was referring to significant organ failures and was dealing with serious side effects not merely inconvenient ones. My w/d side effects spiked}

~jan 8th I raised the pm dose to 6.25mg leaving the am dose at 5mg; stayed at 5mg am/6.25mg pm for a few days

~jan 12th pm dropped to 5mg am/pm

~jan 18th pm dropped to 5mg am/3.75mg pm; experienced a crushing spike in symptoms including liver irritation and "lightening storm headaches" among others. Currently at this dose.

Petu, it was much much better for a good while. Balance problems - i can blame neck problems here but the rest started after i had an osteopathic manipulation. It was nothing major. Osteopath unblocked a disc that must've been block for many many months. And then i got my period - very painful and needed to take migraine medication few times (zomig) and the back is still painful. I think my nervous system got amlittle upset and put me in some sort of wave , it have been like this for a week.

I feel so cranky and i am afraid to leave the house .... I keep reminding myself that i did not take these drugs for long and these sensations will go away for good at some stage. I just was not instructed to taper properly , like most of people here.

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Nikki, hi

I use a lot of war packs and electric pillow etc , seems to give some relief .

I am more patient with myslef but sometimes still angry with shrink who gave me this shite.

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

... but the rest started after i had an osteopathic manipulation. It was nothing major. Osteopath unblocked a disc that must've been block for many many months. And then i got my period - very painful and needed to take migraine medication few times (zomig) and the back is still painful. I think my nervous system got amlittle upset and put me in some sort of wave , it have been like this for a week.... 

It does sound like a wave, possibly triggered by these recent events.  At 8 months out, its still possible for your nervous system to be sensitive to stress and medications.

Try not to worry, relax a little more if you can and I'm sure it will pass.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Thanks Petu, that is what i am trying to do. If it is bad, i take half a tablet of lorazepam. And i am teying not to blame mysle fo this .

The osteopath also told me that with my drug history and too much pain, nervous system can play tricks on me.

Thanks again

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Hi guys, another question, can i still have vertigo spells - withdrawal related? I did not have them for more than a month and they came back at night. The whole room was spinning for few seconds. My puls is again higher thAn normal. And i have like tiny nerve shaking sensations in my left arm and leg.

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

Its quite common for symptoms to go away for a while and then come back.  I've actually been experiencing some vertigo the past couple of days, like you, I was sitting in bed and the room was spinning around.

Nerve shaking and muscle tremors are also common, I went through a long stage of that.  What I found interesting was that I would get it on one side of my body, then a few days later, I would get the same sensations on the other side.  Try not to worry, these symptoms will pass.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

ThAnks Petu, patience is a virtue. :) in my case it is always left side of my body. I am trying not to worry and keep repeating myself that my experience with antidepresants was relatively short. I know my taper was not the slowest but if i had listened to the shrink i would have done it in 10 days.

Nerve shaking sensations are not as intense as in August for example. I do see the difference . Bur with back and neck pains , when the wave comes - it is just too much

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Petu, hi , as you are lexarpo expert , do you have arrythmia spella? In my case they come and go, and i am still not sure if they are withdrawal related .?

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Arrytmias and heart pounding (4 days)

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

do you have arrythmia spella? In my case they come and go, and i am still not sure if they are withdrawal related .?

I personally haven't had many heart symptoms, but they are common in withdrawal from all AD medications, not just Lexapro.  If this is a new symptom for you (4 days), it may just be a wave and will pass.  If it continues and you are concerned, you could get it checked out, just to be on the safe side.

I hope you feel better soon.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

I did have it in withdrawal. Had a heart checked in September. I monitor blood pressure and it is ok.

I did not have vertigo fir the last five days and came back at night. I woke up. Opened my eyes and the room was spinning. And of course i am anxious, i am afraid to turn on my bed as it triggers vertigo. And i am not sure now if this is drug related or neck related. Since i am having physio for my neck now.

Last 4 nights after first vertigo spell on Monday i have been taking half of 1 mg of lorazepam for sleep. Now i think that it makes me more anxious. I am tired today as i could not sleep properly

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• 3 weeks later...

Alto, guys

Ia have been taking lorazepan every now and then since august with breaks. Trying to have at least two days in a week witout it: it was mostly half of 1mg for sleeping. Very rarely during the day. However last 3 weeks , i have been taking it for sleep - still half a mg . Yesterday i decided i would try to sleep withot it. I could not fall asleep, still cannot , it is 5 am for me. When i am lying down i feel like falling, had a dream about leavng my body , have a fear like sensations in my chest. Is this withdrawal of any kind ? For such low dosis ?

I also had an osteopathic treatment for my neck, not manipulation, more muscles stretching.

Shall i come back on a quarter of a dosis or something ?

My pulse is more or less ok 80-90 and blood pressure was 125/9o yesterday. I feel like shaking inside. Especially left arm and left leg.

Sorry for typing mistakes.

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

And heartburn i have as well

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

Ia have been taking lorazepan every now and then since august with breaks. Trying to have at least two days in a week witout it: it was mostly half of 1mg for sleeping. Very rarely during the day. However last 3 weeks , i have been taking it for sleep - still half a mg . Yesterday i decided i would try to sleep withot it. I could not fall asleep, still cannot , it is 5 am for me. ........... Is this withdrawal of any kind ? For such low dosis ?

It sounds like you may have become dependent on Lorazepam for sleeping.  Dependency is not caused by dose but by how often you take it, taking a benzo more often than 2 -3 times a week can easily cause an addiction which then requires tapering.  I think your not being able to sleep now is a withdrawal symptom from Lorazepam.  I'm not sure what to advise, maybe someone else with more experience of this drug may be able to help.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Thanks Petu a lot . I will wait till someone responds .

I do not know, maybe i am agan in some sort of a wave

Again. I am being treated for chronic pain. And it is done stepmby step. Each change is a shock

For my body. Especially neck area that has been stiff for months.

So after last osteopathic treatment , when muscles eventually let go i am feeling anxious and dizzy and my left arm is shaking inside.

I am waking up anxious.

Still taking lorazepam for sleep. I spoke with my therapist that i will stay on this till neck story stabilizes as i cannot try to kill too many birds with one stone. As it has not worked for me so far .

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

Anyone with a benzo helping hAnd? I am getting fear and anxiety artacks at night. I cannot catch my breath... Sits in a chest

Lyrica - nov- dec 2012

Withdrawal

• Moderator Emeritus

Try posting in the benzo section to get some help with Lorazepam.  Do you get the night time fear and anxiety after you have taken it, or before?

Benzo section is here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/29-members-only-benzo-tapering-discussion/

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary