tramond -- off Remeron and Effexor

tramond

Hallo!'at First I will say thank you to a friend who told me about this Forum!'

I am a 45 Year old male, Living in switzerland!' I have been benzoadicted for 5 Years an Decoder to get off in November 2008! I Went into a clinic and they c/t me(Yes, switzerland 2008) I did let it do with me! Did Not Know it better!

After horrible Werks the Sofa put me on Remeron 30 mg and Effexor 75 mg Daily! That was in February 2009! Out of the clinic I Startes to Taler of the ADs!

Slowely my wd's from the Benzo improved and in Dez.09 Inwasmablemto go back to work again! I improved better and better but than Infoumd out with every Reduktion of the ADs I felt back in Symptoms again! Umfüllung it was all Benzo related, Now Inknow it was allready SSRI relaxed!

Imjumped off a Little dose in August 2010 and imediatly the nightmare began! Flu, Laib in the face, horrible verrock, diarhöe DR and DP, insomnia and so on!

I don't Need to Tell Howe sad, frustrated and hopeless I am After all this Way and that they put me on Abiture Drug while Imwas wd from the Benzo! 9 mOnth out now Themsymptomsmaremchanging As they Want to!

Imthought about reinstading and suicidemmanny Times but untill now there is a Kind of Power Inside of me witsch keeps me Walking!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tramond

• Altostrata

• Healing

• Maybe

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Welcome, traymond. Sounds like you got good advice -- keep walking, one foot in front of the other.

What are your symptoms now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hoi surviving! Thanks for your responding! There is a Full box Of Symptoms and they Change, come and go As they Want to!! DR/DP As Heavy that

Somalias I think Inslip out of my Body!beeng disconected frOm the World around me and disconected from myselfe!

vertigo in the Way that I have the Sensation Inam mobeing Vorwand,back One Side to the Other!together with Not Feeling my leg's it Makes me verry unsicure.

Amconstant Feeling I can Not stand myselfe annymore! Like all the Body is under Stress,pressure!

During 3 and 4 in the Morning I Wake up like switched on and there is nö Way to get back in Sleep!

Creazy sensations (tingling, Not feelingmor akeing) changeing in every Part of my Body!

Headaches for Werks(are Home in the Moment;-)Diarrhöe ,Burning,'tired Eyes and to Look into the PC or TV is verry Strange!

flu like Symptoms come and go

..... And so on! Imget more and more depressed. I don't Know annymoremwhat is wd and what Depression! Imhave been at my psych doc Wright now and She Said Imam in totally Depression, Yes thats true!sometimes I am One step In frOnt of reinstading just to get a biz of lifequality back! But Howe could I, knowing this is all from this srugs!!??

Greets to all Tramond

Edited by surviving
broke post into paragraphs for readability
  • Administrator

These are all familiar withdrawal symptoms, tramond, including what feels like deep depression.

Reinstating another psychiatric drug probably is not going to help and may make your condition worse. They're not psychological symptoms, they're neuro-physical symptoms.

(you're using an online translator? Please break your posts into blocks so they can be more easily read and understood.)

Hoi surviving! Thanks for your responding! There is a Full box Of Symptoms and they Change, come and go As they Want to!!...

Waves of symptoms are typical in withdrawal syndrome.

Somalias I think Inslip out of my Body!beeng disconected frOm the World around me and disconected from myselfe!...

This is called depersonalization or derealization.

vertigo in the Way that I have the Sensation Inam mobeing Vorwand,back One Side to the Other!together with Not Feeling my leg's it Makes me verry unsicure....

Vertigo and dizziness -- very common.

Amconstant Feeling I can Not stand myselfe annymore! Like all the Body is under Stress,pressure!....

This sounds like akathesia, known to be caused by psychiatric drugs, or the abnormal anxiety of withdrawal syndrome.

During 3 and 4 in the Morning I Wake up like switched on and there is nö Way to get back in Sleep!....

Waking like this is classic withdrawal insomnia. In the Symptoms forum, we have suggestions that might help.

Creazy sensations (tingling, Not feelingmor akeing) changeing in every Part of my Body!....

Also very common.

Headaches for Werks(are Home in the Moment;-)Diarrhöe ,Burning,'tired Eyes and to Look into the PC or TV is verry Strange!....

Many of us are hypersensitive to light. For some suggestions, also see the Symptoms forum.

We also have loose bowels.

flu like Symptoms come and go....

Also very common. Personally, I think it's related to the sleep problem -- our bodies don't have the sleep time to repair themselves.

..... And so on! Imget more and more depressed. I don't Know annymoremwhat is wd and what Depression! Imhave been at my psych doc Wright now and She Said Imam in totally Depression, Yes thats true!sometimes I am One step In frOnt of reinstading just to get a biz of lifequality back! But Howe could I, knowing this is all from this srugs!!??

Greets to all Tramond

This seems like a prolonged withdrawal syndrome pattern. Mere depression wouldn't cause those physical symptoms that come in waves.

We all need to deal with the depression and anxiety. Talking with us here can help. Meditation can help. Just breathing and putting one foot in front of the other can help.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hoi survive

Thank you verry mutch for all the explaining!

I did read that when you have been on effexor once.the body is changed in a way....where there is no return!!

I know I am not alone but I am just so verry afraid never getting out of this!!!

I thought Benzowd ist the worst but what I am in now is another Liga!

Do you know is there a special kind of doctors witch is familiar with htis syndrom? I have been at a neurologist and he said , this symptoms are not new for heim in effexorwd..than he send me to the psychiatrist!!!

Greetings to you!!

Tramond

Hey, Tramond! Welcome to the forum! Oh, those nasty symptoms. We all hate them dearly. All that you've described seems so familiar.

Reinstating at that stage, as Sur already said, could only make it worse. It's a long process, but to let nature work here is the best choice. To heal you need time. And it will happen. Keep us updated about your progress!

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

• Administrator

traymond, I am sorry, there are no doctors who focus on treating this. If you look very hard, you might find a neurologist or neuropsychiatrist who recognizes the symptoms, but almost no one knows how to treat them.

But -- we do find in time, the symptoms change and fade and we gradually improve.

I cannot tell you how long it will take.

The best we can do is be patient and help each other.

Hoi survive

Thank you verry mutch for all the explaining!

I did read that when you have been on effexor once.the body is changed in a way....where there is no return!!

I know I am not alone but I am just so verry afraid never getting out of this!!!

Greetings to you!!

Tramond

Hello Tramond,

Welcome. I am glad you've made it to this forum. The people here have better answers than you're likely to find most anywhere else. If you can, I'd recommend you read through some of the Introduction threads and Symptoms threads.

Fear is a very common emotion for people going through the withdrawal and recovery process. But fear can cause a person to make an unwise decision. In my case, I try to be cautious. I try to take care of my health by eating the most nutritious diet I can. I often react to vitamins and foods so I make changes if I have a bad reaction and try to keep it simple. I also try to be gentle with myself. I don't do strenuous exercise and avoid stimulation (like arguments, noise, bright light). Finally, I try to sleep well and gently walk or exercise.

These things have helped me.

Time is a friend.

Glad you're here.

The best we can do is be patient and help each other.

The reality of this sentence is sad. That said, these words strike me as the most profound, loving and meaningful sentiment I've come across in years.

Alex.i

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Hello together

Thank you verry mutch for the answers, the warm wellcome and the support!!

Yes it really seems that time is the only who could help us!!! But I am so afraid to hook on this forver because I took Effexor!

And I heard more times that once the chemitry was on Effesexor..there is no wa back!!

Cab I ask you for your opinion, experience with that??

Greetings

Tramond

• Administrator

traymond, we believe the brain rewires itself back to a normal condition.

This is neuroplasticity. It takes time for the self-repair to occur.

The nervous system and body systems always tend to go back to normal.

We believe giving the body good fuel with good food and good habits, plus encouraging neurogenesis (growth of new neurons) helps the body recover.

Gentle exercise, pleasant mental stimulation, calming meditative or other practices all promote neurogenesis.

hi Tramond,

i lived 25 years in Alsace (Mulhausen),

at the beginning of withdrawal, it is sometime so hard than we have to do nothing and wait chemical depression diminish (it will diminish quickly because it is not a real depression as SUR said) and when you feel more energy, do what all people advice, you will need time

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Hi Tramond,

I wanted to welcome you to the forum.

As an FYI, I tapered very very slowly off of Remeron without reinstating the drug. It was pretty brutal at times but I made it.

I just wanted to offer you some encouragement.

Again, welcome.

Comp Sports

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Welcome, Tramond! Willkommen!

You *will* heal from Effexor. It is *not* true that there is no return from Effexor.

You are having classic withdrawal from psychotropic medication. Very few doctors acknowledge that this happens, so they misinterpret the symptoms as something else, such as psychologically-caused depression.

This is why people like us have had to create a website to learn for ourselves about withdrawal and how to help ourselves.

You slowly improved after stopping benzos. The same thing will happen now. You have learned that adding a new drug prevents healing.

You will heal, and here you can learn some things to help yourself heal. :)

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

Hallo Buddys

Thank you for your welcomes and the replies witch are doing soo good to me!!!

I always thought, it is just the Effexor witch makes me suffer like this but now <i do think as well the Remeron is doing his part!!!

For me it is so brutal, that one year ago I was in a condition like 90% back in life! In this time I was on a verry low dose of Both!

Than in august I jumped and I felt in this nightmare!!!

The last week the vertigo and the creazy thing that everything is moveing in himself came back!

It started in january and got away after some weeks.now it is back again!

Together with the DR and DP and the feeling that I am staggering in myselfe makes it verry rough to be and get through the day!!

Sometimes it is like I loose all controll witch ends up in experiences like I am in the kitchen, want to cut an onion.and suddenly I am not able...........not able to cut tis onion....it is a impression as every mechanism of a normal combination between brain and moveing is disturbed. This are moments witch brings me totally desperate!!

In the last days I found out, that the dp and dr has to do as well with my disturbed vision!

My eyes dont see clear annymore........not sharp.....and as well as I would see through the things!!

I aske myselfe..........isnt it enough what I allready suffer.....no after 9 month out there are new horrible symptoms comming up..or other ones I know allready but has gone away...are comming back!!!

However...........I am verry brutal withmyselfe because I dont want to believe that I am down on the floor!!

For example I did a walk with a friend yesterday. We have been walkin 3 a half hours! It was strange and often I had the feeling I can not controll annymore howe I walk.but.....I did it!!!After the walk I was totaly exhaust. Will say that as well my body is verry weak!

In summer 09 some month after the Benzowd I was abke to live in the mountains........with the cows up and down the mountain everyday and working from 6 oclock until 23 in the night¨now as well my body is crashed!

After the walk We had dinner together and I was able to have a good conversation!

The thing is that sometimes I do have moments..as well hours.........where I feel like nearly ok..like getting back into normality! These are moments where I say to myselfe........if it would just stay like this I would be content...... Sometimes this is in the evening and i dont want to go to bed, because I will enjoy this little bit of normality and because I know I can not take it with me for tomorrow!!

On on side this experiences give me hope and let me move forward. On the other side it seem like it will show me some kind of normality just to let me suffer more!!

I found out, these drug aasre distroing totally. Not only the brainchemistry as well the body and the immunsystem. for example today I woke uo and have this inflamed corners of the mouth again!!

Well..........inside of me I start to get really resignated. ma psych doc witch told me at the beginnig of my SSRi tapper, that Effexor can make hevy wd.symptoms does not believe me annymore. She says I am in deep depression..........and that I should accept that I do need medicaments!!!!! Seroquel i should take in here oppinion¨i did research about seroquel and did show here. As well that in USA Seroquel is not allowed on the market!!!!!

So if you get clever and do research-at least you have more information about the drugs as the doc!!!

This is not nice for them!!!!

Howeever.......the only support and understanding in my nightmare I do find here and in a smal german forum! In reallity I am totally alone!! And that is another point witch I wonder!! There are somany people in switzerland on this drugs.witch suffer like us ...or dont even know why they suffer....but where are they???

In all switzerland I can not find one self help group with the thematic of prescribed drugs!! I find groups howe to treet the depression of your cat :-) but nothing about prescribed drug damaged people.

Needless to say, here in switzerland the pharma lobby is BIG!!!!!!!!

I found articles in the swiss doctors newspaper allready from 1998 where they have been warning from the SSRI!!!!

ANother article from 2008 where a Effexor victim wrote in a newspaper. In this articel PFIZER says...yes. there are studies about the wd symptoms from this drug and it can be heavy!!!! In the same article is written that the swissmedic(like FDA in USA) know about the damaging power this drugs do, but they say. it is helping somanny people so i is ok to be on the market!!!!

Whell........a criminal lobby.crashing people!!

I did write a mail to the swissmedic as well! i will tell you in the topic take action!!

The thing is buddys............they do know about this dammaging drug.they know peole suffer pronologed wds from their drugs.............but I do make the experience, that wenee you are one of this victims..nobody will belieb it!!!

I feel destroied and damaged by this prescribed drug...............an all the responsible people are leafing me alone!!!

Love to all

tramond!!

Hello Tramond..

Welcome to the forum.. I'm quite new here too. I hope You find as i did that there are some wonderful and very experienced people here who have been through everything that You have mentioned and can give sound advise and support. I understand very well Your frustrations with the lack of validation and support from the medical community. This is a huge problem and is inexcusable considering the vast amount of people who have reported the same symptoms after taking these drugs. However everybody here knows the truth so i hope You can take some heart in knowing You are among people that understand.

You mentioned in Your post that You do have hours where You feel OK!.. Imo.. if effexor or any of these drugs do as You fear. change us forever, then it is unlikely that You would have these better times. These windows show that Your mind and body is still capable of feeling normal. There is some great advise above from other members saying that the Brain and Body WANT us to feel well and normal and it will do everything possible to return us to our normal state. Also neuroplasticity. as mentioned by Surviving. where it is now known that the brain can actually re-wire itself if necessary. The fear You are feeling is also a symptom...

What helps me sometimes is when i am overwhelmed by sever, punishing, debilitating and downright bizarre symptoms i try to think of these sensations not as damage, but a process that my body must go through to reverse the damage caused by taking these insidious drugs.. This also seems to help in an acceptance capacity, where i find it's often better to give those feelings space to be there as this can sometimes lessen the severity. When we continually fight and worry about these horrible feelings and sensations it can make things worse, much like pulling against the grain. Meditation is excellent for accepting these feelings and allowing them space to be there, therefore lessening the severity and fear.

It DOES get better.... Druid...

Tramond -- I think you are destined to be one of the pioneers in Switzerland about seeing the truth about psych drugs. You are having a political awakening. You are absolutely right about the medical establishment ignoring and suppressing information about these drugs.

When you feel well enough, you will do great good by spreading the truth in Switzerland.

Can you please give us a link to the small German forum you mentioned?

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

Hoi Together!

I am verry happy to become a member of this forum! Your support and the sharing of our situation is verrrry helpfull to me and I apriciate every word from all of you!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Healing...yes, I think so as well! It seems to be my part to open the eyes to the people in switzerland..........and I really will tell them the truth about this horrible prescribed drugs!!

I do manny research and found out that there have been already people before me going to the jouranist and telling the story! I will write it in the other topic!

For me it is verry brutal, the ignorance of the doctors, the psychiatrists and as wel the ignorance of the goverment! At least I think....yes they all share this cake........and every lobby takes his part into herer purse.and we have to pay the bill!

The pharmalobby makes the money.for the doctors(are they??) it is great to have addicted patients and the goverment wants us to stay in function!!!

What a circle!!!!

Druid thank you for your encouraging words!!

Yes it seems that we can be lucky that the prain slooowly repairs it selfes..the windows I experience show this :-))!

It is verry strange howe my symptoms change and move and grow and get less every single day! Yesterday I was in a horible state! DR and DP verry heavy and my eyes are red and aking! That makes as well that my vision is very blurry and I have strange vision sensations!

So last night I did not sleep at all! I was nervous (more nervous) than usuall because I had an job interview today!!

I thought I can not get it together but I went! Today without anny sleep I feel better than all the best days in the last 4 weeks together!

Ok there is vertigo and the moveing ground.there is the blurry vision but not as strong and as well my mind is like cleared up!!!!

On days like this.i will not go to bed.i will enjoy every second of this impression howe a normal life could be!! I know I can not take it with me through the night into the next day......this is an illusion witch I had to often!

So i wish all of you a good day.keep on walking...we get it!!!!!!

Greets

Tramond

It is wonderful that you are so excited about helping the people of Switzerland know the truth about these drugs! This sense of mission will help you heal!

Sending you good energy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo friends

Iam in the ocean of symptoms and feel like I would be swimming with the rest of my power.....but I cant get to the shore!!

The last weeks I had (new) trouble with my vision. It was verry bkurry, not sharp at all and it was changing verry strange!

My vision was clear..than verry unsharp again for days .than better...just creyzy!! It made me verry anxious and I thought,,wow now at least I do loose my vision!!

Another symptom is that my eyes are red and verry dirty in the morning! This is changing since a year.red.....clear......red for some days clear again!

So I went to the occulist yesterday and he said I do have aopthalmia!

SInce a year it seems!! So he gave me eyedrops with antibiotics!

The changing vision he said is a neurological problem.....if it would be a eyeproblem it would be constantly!!!

Thanks Wyeth/Pfizer you did the goal!!!!!!

ANother problem witch gave me the rest is, that 2 month ago I got a bag with more than 12 kg on to my head! It was in the train and it hit me falling down from 3 m directly onto my head with I did hold lateral! uffffffaaaaaaa...in the first moment I did not feel anny pain or some problems: After a wek headaches started and got more heavy day by day!

I did not do annything the first 2 weeks because I did know this creazy dragging moeving pain all over in my head from the withdrawal!! Since a long time now!! And thought , ok my wd-headache/earake....but after two weeks I went to the doctor!

X ray....MRI...........nothing broken!!!! but Arthrose in the vertreba!

The akes became more and more! Went to craneosacraltherapie........took painmeds.nothing really helpedand tha suddenly after 4 weeks in pain they went away!!! For the last 2 weeks I was without anny pain in the head!!

And now....since 3 days it is back again! This dragging pain in the nek, back of my head, the front head around the eyes..moveing.....feels like I got knocked verry brutal! Ake and pain and this pressure pain! It is not constant on one place it is moveing all around in my head!but mostly in the back of my head!! The ears are akeing, the teeth as well)verry creazy even teeth I dont have annymore:-)!!

The physiotherapeuth sai all this can be because of the knock on my head!! Depends witch nerves are involved...but I had similar pain before the accident!!!

Now I dont know...really dont know annymore is this my wd-headache or is this because the accident ! I dont know and can not distinguish annymore!!

BUT I wonder.......if all the pain is because off the accident..why did it stop for more than 2 weeks...and than in two days it did grow up again........in its full power??!! I really dont know annymore what to think....what to believe!!!! I had similar akes like this allready before the accident............but now it is different!!

OK........I stop!!! I just dont know annymore what is all this!!! I just know and think..this accident gave me the rest!!! WD is brutalst and now....another hit!!!!

What do you think about my akes buddys?????

Grets to all

Tramond

• Administrator

So I went to the occulist yesterday and he said I do have aopthalmia!

SInce a year it seems!! So he gave me eyedrops with antibiotics!

The changing vision he said is a neurological problem.....if it would be a eyeproblem it would be constantly!!!

Thanks Wyeth/Pfizer you did the goal!!!!!!

tramond, sounds like maybe you had an infection, combined with withdrawal symptoms, it made your vision blurry.

Perhaps after you take the antibiotic drops for a little while, this will lessen, since it seems to come and go.

....The akes became more and more! Went to craneosacraltherapie........took painmeds.nothing really helpedand tha suddenly after 4 weeks in pain they went away!!! For the last 2 weeks I was without anny pain in the head!!

And now....since 3 days it is back again! This dragging pain in the nek, back of my head, the front head around the eyes..moveing.....feels like I got knocked verry brutal! Ake and pain and this pressure pain! It is not constant on one place it is moveing all around in my head!but mostly in the back of my head!! The ears are akeing, the teeth as well)verry creazy even teeth I dont have annymore:-)!!

The physiotherapeuth sai all this can be because of the knock on my head!! Depends witch nerves are involved...but I had similar pain before the accident!!!

Now I dont know...really dont know annymore is this my wd-headache or is this because the accident ! I dont know and can not distinguish annymore!!

This is hard to say. Withdrawal symptoms come and go. It's a good sign the pain went away for a while. Are you getting physical therapy again? It seems like perhaps you need more of it.

Did the physical therapist agree to give more therapy?

Hi Traymond!

It is very common to have vision changes for awhile in withdrawal. It ends eventually.

Also, I find that whenever I get a minor injury now in w/d, it takes a long time to heal, and can sometimes recur. This is slowly getting better.

You will definitely heal 100%. But it goes up and down for awhile. :)

Hoi all!!

I feel horrible and I found out to write it down and share it makes it a bit easier for me!!

I dont know where or sho I am annymore!

Ok I do know my name my age and all of this but at least where are i am??

The reallity and world around me is just strange.................atrange since sutch a long time! it is difficult to describe..........like I am disconedted .........not i there..........seperated like through a thin glass!!

i know this is DR but it is just to mutch to stand alltime!

I do have this dragig pain in my head ,ears, teeth.........moveing around like it wants to and my bead feels like hidden (ok I got hidden)! Empty and full at once!!!! Sometimes this pain witch stitches for a second in a part of my head!!! And sometimes I do have a kind of ake in my legs as well!

I really dont know annymore is this wd or is it because the slap ontomy head!

I mean I had verry heavy neurological pain in the left side of my face during the first month off!!! The pain was in my whole left faceside! head ,eyes, nose every part! But it went away after more or less 10 days!!!

It is neurological pain for sure...but I dont know what from annymore!

Ma cognitiv situation is verry bad as well! Often I can not follow if somebody is talking to me........I do mistakes when I write down..........I say last month in February...........I have bad orientation..........where to go, witch way now.............I forget my umbrella, my money, my keys...................and I am afraid to forget myselfe!

To say the truth I do feel like I would have a demenzia.........like I would have Alzheimer!!! And I try to cope like Alzheimerpatient do as well!!!

I am playing over my deficit........try not to show it and that needs power!

No matter if I am outside or in the house....I feel like I am flying through the world(I know it sound strange)like not connected to the floor! And at least the same with my brain.........I do something but I am not connected with the doing! For example...I cut an onion but my brain is not here..not with me............dont know exactly where it is!!!

Somewhere in a world between???!!!!!

I feel like a vacuum-packed peace of meat!!!

Greets to all

Leon

O, Leon, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad! :( All of your symptoms are classic withdrawal. (Even if the knock on the head is a contributing factor.) It is an unbelievably weird experience sometimes. It is good to write it down and share it! I am sending you healing energy! :)

Hoi healing

Thank a lot for your responding!

The thing is before the slao I did know all this creazy sensations are wd related!!

Know after the slap I dont know annymore!!! There are so manny symptoms for whiplash witch are so similar to wd symptoms! Especially the akes in my head!!

I Really dont know annymore..........no doctor knows...................!!

My doctor wants me to take tramadol witch is heavy..........the neurologist says oh no....tramadol because of your drughistory!! It will hurt your CNS even more (is my oppinion as well)

So there is Carbamazepin(Tegretol) against this nervepain...but it is the same crap!!!

So I DONT KNOW what to do annymore!!!!

This night I slept from 23.30 until 02.30 and that is howe it works since 10 month!!!

Slowely but surely I feel like going creazy!!

Today I did stay in bed until now without sleeping but to weak to get up!Feel like power is loosing my more day by day and I nearly can not stand it annymore!

Thinking about taking dugs against pain(Ibuprofen, Diclofenac is not workin at all)! Bacause it is to heavy!

Thinking about going onto an old antidepressant just to get sleep!

But if I do this I do have the feeling I did loose the race and all energie and power I put into the wds, will say 2 a half years are just for nothing!!!

Thinking about going into a psychatric hospital.........because it is getting to mutch..but in there they will give me drugs , the talks are not mutch and at least there is no real intresst in me!!

My partner is getting thik and tired of me and all my suffer.....I see it takes him down as well!!

So just pain................suffering...............and hopelesness!!!

DOnt know annymore!!

I am 10 month out now............was all I suffered just a prologue and now it is showeing me the full pain of Effexor and remeron withdrawal???

Sorry for my lamentation........................!!Needs to get out!

Leon

Iam absolutely desperate!!

I have been talking to some people witch suffer pain like me from the slap syndrom!!

They all recommand me codicontin!!!

Did I really get of benzo and ADs just to end in codicontin adiction???

Unbelievable...............really!!!!

• Administrator

....the neurologist says oh no....tramadol because of your drughistory!! It will hurt your CNS even more (is my oppinion as well)

So there is Carbamazepin(Tegretol) against this nervepain...but it is the same crap!!!

So I DONT KNOW what to do annymore!!!!....

Leon, your neurologist is right, in general our nervous systems are too sensitive for these medications.

Are your jaw muscles tight? Clenching can cause pain in teeth, face, head. A lot of us have tight muscles in neck and shoulders, too. You might find some relief with chiropractic.

The excessive anxiety hormone, cortisol, released in withdrawal syndrome causes muscles to clench up.

This night I slept from 23.30 until 02.30 and that is howe it works since 10 month!!!

Slowely but surely I feel like going creazy!!

Withdrawal insomnia is very, very difficult to bear. Very slowly, it will improve.

Some of us have success with a small amount of melatonin at nightfall, see Melatonin for sleep.

None of these gentle treatments will cure you instantly. What we try to do is add a little bit of sleep, then a little more, for gradual healing.

Thinking about taking dugs against pain(Ibuprofen, Diclofenac is not workin at all)! Bacause it is to heavy!

Thinking about going onto an old antidepressant just to get sleep!....

Thinking about going into a psychatric hospital....

All of us consider these at one time or the other.

For the pain, try chiropractic, massage, hot mineral baths -- gentle therapies with no drugs.

Usually, in withdrawal, our nervous systems are too sensitive for antidepressants.

You are right, you will not get proper treatment in a psychiatric hospital, it probably will hurt you more.

In our modern thinking, we believe medicine can treat us and quickly return us to health. Unfortunately, medicine does not know how to treat withdrawal syndrome. Additional psych drugs usually make it worse.

We need to do the best we can with gentle remedies. Symptoms do change and fade away over time.

Effexor withdrawal syndrome is one of the worst, plus you have Remeron withdrawal. Please stay calm, be like a Buddhist, devote your thoughts to recovering.

Hallo Alto and thank you verry mutch!!!

Just I dont know annymore is the ake in head ears.teeth from the withdrawal ! Or the slaü...............I can nearly not move my head annymore beause of the pain and the feeling like broken in the nek!!!

No one can tell me..............what is it now! I got 12 kg onto my head neck..............its heavy!!!

• Administrator

Truly, Leon, physical therapy can help a great deal with physical pain. Have you been evaluated for physical therapy? Can you ask your neurologist about this?

I had an apointmenr with a doktor yesterday witch practise OSTHEOPHATIE!! He is one of the best hee in switzerland! He checked my body and ma head and he thinks that because of the slap on to my head the Kalotta (top of the scull) has moved!

It would be no wonder if all the pain i dexcribed would come from this!!

Sleep is like ever(4 hours maybe) I ask myselfe howe my body and my soul are able to live like this)!

I fight yselfe out of the bed just to move through the day somehowe...................depressed...............more and more!!

I am full of anxiety and desperate................I ended up like this after all my fight!!!

Tired just tired!!!!

• Administrator

That's understandable, tramond. Try to be as positive as you can be. It will take a while for your nervous system to heal.

Did the osteopath suggest any treatments?

Hallo Alto! Thank you verry mutch for your Support and Standing by my Side! During the last month there habe bern so Manny days where I Resümee in the evening, that the Day was Not Wearth to live it! During the last Werks it changed into Bader..........every Day and Night is just suffer annymore and the only Relief is the 2-4 hours of Sleep in the Night!

• Administrator

tramond, what you need to do is stay calm and do what you can to increase your sleep.

Can you get melatonin 1mg or 2mg?

Hoi Alto

I think Melatonin is not legal available in switzerland(but SSRI!!!)

I am verry desperate....I think benzos and SSRI on top was to mutch for me and my brain!!

I get more deep in the mud every day.........no more energie, without anny power.............my cognitive status is gettin more worst every day!!

AFTER 10 Month!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anny test .....annyeexamination of neurotransmiter, hormaons.....et.............we can do t o have theproof we are damaged by SSRI??

Here it is possibel to do examination for Serotonin............would it bring anny result??

I have to go to the assicurance verry sun that they will pay my money becaue i can not work!! I need to show them someproof!!!

I think I loose everything in the next time, witch I need for existenz because I can not earn my money by myselfe annymore¨

LOST MY BRAIN, LOST MY BODYFEELING, LOST REALLITY, SLEEP, FUN, JOY, HARMONIE, GOOD VISION GOOD IMUNSYSTEM AND AND AND!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I WILL LSE MY FLAT, MY TEETH EVERYTHING AND ENDING UP ON THE STREET!!!

What have they done to us???????????????

• Administrator

No, there are no tests for withdrawal syndrome, much less serotonin in the nervous system.

tramond, please do your best to stay calm. All those !!!!! make me worry about you.

What you have is withdrawal syndrome. There's not much we can do but take care of ourselves, wait it out, and help each other.

Can a doctor prescribe melatonin for you?

Hoi Alto! Don't worry about me! You Need your Energie formthemGREAT Job youndomin here! I ASK the Doc for melantonin! It seems that mamadrenal Level is verging so high that i Wake up After 2-4 hours of Sleep! Or is it always so high but the Body Takes this hours timeout just to sirvive?? Lovely greetings.... Leon

• Administrator

What we believe is that the stress of withdrawal causes an overall rise in the cortisol level, and this interrupts sleep. The sleep hormone melatonin can counteract this for a few hours in the beginning of sleep. It may get you a little more sleep. A little more sleep helps the body repair itself, then it gets a little more sleep, and symptoms fade. So, little by little, you recover.