SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

mandance New here, 20 years of pills.

mandance

Thanks Alex, that was a really wise responseand I appreciate it. I guess today I've been more off my mindfulness game and giving into the fear of a damned future of suffering. And you are totally right, we can't be any more attached to bad times as we are the good times I suppose. It's just such an insane feeling to feel this way I guess and be completely alone in your life.

I guess its good the internet exists though, never had much family..no brothers no sisters father recently died etc.

I'll try to be hopeful. Hopefully getting back on will straighten me out enough to focus on the long term. How is everything going with you right now?

Male -29 years old.

Age 7 - Ritalin

Age - 13- 17 Prozac (No more Ritalin)

Age 17- 24 150mg effexor XR

Tapered off Effexor at 24 with minimal problems, felt great for 3 months then suffered many panic attacks.

Age 24- 28 Celexa 40mg

Stopped working at 28, tried various drugs...Lexapro, Pristiq etc...none really worked. Lexapro made me suicidal.

Age 29 - Back on effexor 75mg.

Age 29 - 37.5mg for 6 months or so no problems.

1 month 25mg non XR..withdrawals starting.

Added 10mg prozac for 10 days...minimal effect?

Pill free for 1 week, withdrawling for 3 weeks or so now. (7/262013)

Definitely hang in there. Having the most positive attitude you can have is going to assist you greatly.

It's tough to tell did you reinstate a dose of effexor? It sounds like you did not. What's your plan about that?

As for me, I am hanging around trying to get better. My main problem is that I don't have a good place to live because I have a hypersensitivity to mold (it seems). But I am working on that issue.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Hey Alex, I see my therapist every wed. So when I see him in a few days I'm going to tell him that I probably need to get back on the 37.5 and hang out there until the dust settles again. Then I plan to taper from there for 1 to 2 years. It's still tough to say because what guarantees does anyone have that even a taper that slow won't repeat this same nightmare but I guess It seems safer than touching it out. What did you mean when you said , only you will figure out how this ends?

Anyhow yeah mold is no good...are you free of meds and doing well aside from the mold sensitivities?

Male -29 years old.

Age 7 - Ritalin

Age - 13- 17 Prozac (No more Ritalin)

Age 17- 24 150mg effexor XR

Tapered off Effexor at 24 with minimal problems, felt great for 3 months then suffered many panic attacks.

Age 24- 28 Celexa 40mg

Stopped working at 28, tried various drugs...Lexapro, Pristiq etc...none really worked. Lexapro made me suicidal.

Age 29 - Back on effexor 75mg.

Age 29 - 37.5mg for 6 months or so no problems.

1 month 25mg non XR..withdrawals starting.

Added 10mg prozac for 10 days...minimal effect?

Pill free for 1 week, withdrawling for 3 weeks or so now. (7/262013)