SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Alpha-Stim, Fisher Wallace Sota Biotuner, PoNS, & similar "brain stimulation" devices

meistersinger

Thanks Ineedsleep. I've been really impressed with it too. I know what you mean about the good moods. I keep waking up wanting to play music instantly. This device has really changed things. I think in the first 48hrs I did like 5 sessions. That was too much for me, but it did cause some sort of change in my brain. After the dazed feeling or depression clears, it's like you feel up for almost anything, and that feeling isn't fading at all. Last night after my daughter went to sleep, I did something I haven't done in a very long time as I just felt in the mood for it and wasn't worried about consequences. I ate a huge block of chocolate and then smoked some weed, followed by watching a lot of music film clips with my headphones on. If I had done that a few weeks ago, I'd be in all sorts of trouble with pain in my head and a dark cloud would descend on me for many days. This morning I'm not just fine, I'm in a good mood. I feel like I only need to do one session a week now and I'd continue to see improvements. It's like it's fixed something (but not everything). If it weren't for some difficulty reading still (less than it was before the BT8) I'd be feeling pretty much 'normal'. Next month, I'm thinking of even trying my luck at having a drink of alcohol, just to test it out. I don't' want to push my luck just now tho. Even if i do drink, it will never be a regular thing. I'm never going back to that whole world of intoxicating myself with any sort of substance. The SSRI injury was rock bottom and I have things I want to achieve in life. I learned so much about the body, diet, supplements etc that health is the new high.

I have to go interstate for a short holiday with my daughter to see my parents. Just the other week i wrote my dad this huge email explaining my situation with an SSRI injury. I'd been keeping it to myself all year as I'd already had a 2.5yr chronic fatigue problem that they couldn't get their head around so I was too embarrassed to tell them about this one. God knows what they think of these weird health situations i get myself in. So anyway i explained all my symptoms in great detail and now I'm going to go there and probably seem normal to them like my old self and my dad is going to wonder wtf i was on about in that email lol.

Good to hear BentBuddah, I'm being very careful and treading lightly myself as my body still feels toxic to a certain extent from the Anticholinergic toxicity from 10 months ago, but I do look forward to the day that I can maybe have a Margarita again with Mexican food, chocolate and acidic foods! Be careful BentBuddha not to undo the good things you are beginning to feel with doing too much too fast. I am finding less is more with what we are experiencing. Things can turn fast and we can bottom out fast with stress and other things that we are each individually sensitive too. As Altostrata always stresses, to take everything very slowly so as to not undo the progress we do make. It feels great to have a clear head again, still trying to clear my system of everything toxic so I can get as healthy as possible to continue healing. So good to hear that you are making progress and seeing results. Thanks for sharing Bentbuddah! Enjoy that music!

Yeah I won't be drinking to get drunk. Before I had an ssri injury I used to drink 8drinks at a social event like a bbq. I have one coming up on the 24th of next month (4wks away) so I'll have a few more BT sessions before then and I'll only take 3 drinks with me. And I won't be eating chocolate or smoking weed again. After being in WD for so long and not having any sort of recreational high, I just couldn't help myself. I got the desire out of my system now so moving on to other healthy things I've been wanting to do but wasn't able to. I'm on a Paleo/Gaps diet for 5months now so I feel pretty healthy. Meditation and reading/learning appeal more to me than stimulants, but I haven't been able to read this year and retain information so it's been a real bummer. My meditations have improved and I was able to read this week which was great. Not back to 100% but before the bt8 i would read a book for like 1min and give up because it was too hard to focus on the words and by the time I read a few sentences I couldn't remember what I just read. Was a total waste of time. This week I've been reading for about 20mins at night time before bed and that's about as much as I can do before it becomes a strain. Dr Beck who created this device said that in trials they got long term alcoholics to regain their short term memory in 6 weeks, where as normally it would take years. It's nice to have a desire for music again too. I'd totally lost interest in it this year as I couldn't feel anything. If I had to put a percentage on how much better I am, I would estimate about 60% better. Most of that in mood, and some improvements in cognitive abilities. Considering I've only used it about 8 times max, that's impressive.

For ppl just starting out with the BT8, I'd recommend 1 x 20min session a night, 1hr before bed for about a week. Just to check how the body responds. And if you get to a bad patch with it with tiredness or depression, don't give up on it. Just take a week off and you'll see that those effects dissolve and clear up to a really nice state. You can then lessen the frequency of once every other day, or once every few days or whatever feels right. It really does remind me of the time I tried Zoloft. In the first week it made me tired, then depressed so I stopped taking it. Within a few days I started to feel really good. Same pattern with this thing. Even the vivid dreams.

Awesome Bentbuddha! We are all different too, it is just finding what works for you. 2 times a day, morning and evening to begin helped me alot, then 1 time a day the second week of use. Today, after 4 days without it, I needed it for a 20 minute session to deal with some returning anxiety and to get me out of bed. Up and about now, feeling a little bit in a funk but not bad. Had a stressful night, but it was due to dealing with a family crisis. So I reverted a bit to the anxiety depression mode, nerves felt on edge, but am feeling pretty even keel right now. So cool to hear about the progress you have made and the positives you have experienced, any positive to me is worth the trial of this device. Very cool!!!

So interesting what you wrote about Bob Beck, I love reading about him, "Dr Beck who created this device said that in trials they got long term alcoholics to regain their short term memory in 6 weeks, where as normally it would take years." it would be cool to see how they used it during those 6 weeks to get the short term memory back up and running.

I think if fatigue is part of the WD symptoms, ppl might want to start off with less sessions per day. And opposite if they have insomnia.

What the hell is this device? Yesterday, I drank a cup of coffee. That's been a big no-no during my WD. I was fine and I'm fine today. No migraine, no dark cloud mood swing....nothing. I'm up in the morning playing music again. Whatever this thing is, it's not just a matter of increasing neuro transmitters. It must have healed something for me to be able to do the things I have. My partner and I were intimate last night, and that's been something I've had to avoid for the most part too. The stimulation of that would increase all WD symptoms. To make things worse (and i haven't heard of any other guys mention this so I don't know if it's just part of my WD symptoms), when ever my partner and I would be in the mood for some bedroom gymnastics, I couldn't last more than seconds. I have read that they sell sprays that make a mist made from anti depressants up mens noses who have a problem arriving too early. Well, the ssri injury actually left me with a sexual problem. So I meet a woman who is 14yrs younger than me with a big heart, beautiful in appearance with a very high sex drive - like winning the lottery for a guy like me who looks like Mr. Burns, and what happens? I can't have sex without migraines and even when I do, I last only seconds. If this universe runs off karma, then I must have been Hitler in my past life because that's just cruel. Anyway, no problems there now. In full control.

I'm going to do a 20min session tonight on mode 6. That will be 7 days exactly since I last used it. I've only used the last 3 settings. They are the most gentle. I once tried cymbalta and was manic high for 3wks off two tablets, so I'm very sensitive to most things.

Earlier in the year I was experimenting with intermittent (24hr) fasting. There's some evidence that this practice increases the receptor sites of many nuero transmitters. There's a thread for it on this forum. While doing that, it would make symptoms worse and then days later I'd feel much better. This device is kind of like that for me. I don't feel better immediately after using it I feel worse - tired and depressed. Then it clears up to feel very much the opposite. Weird. I would have continued with the fasting experiment except for one major problem: it gave me an appetite that couldn't be satisfied. For days afterwards I'd feel so hungry that I would eat until my stomach hurt from too much food. And I'd still be very hungry like the hunger signal wasn't switching off in my head. I couldn't go on like that so it wasn't the answer. I'm hoping this device doesn't end up having some kind of major side effect like that where I have to discontinue it. So far so good

Still having cool vivid dreams. Will report tomorrow night what the effects of a session after a 7day break are.

Session 8

Last night I did a 20min session on mode 1. This was the first time I've used any of the first 3 settings. Actually it was a little uncomfortable so I might stick to the last 3 settings. I'll see what the results are over the next few days.

So today, no depression or vague sleepiness. That's not surprising as it's been 7days since my last session. I did notice I've lost my spark tho. I can live with that, as I know it clears up in no time. Most likely tonight or tomorrow. I had a little trouble falling asleep which was strange. That may be to do with which mode I chose this time. I have heard mode 1 and 4 can be stimulating.

I'll see how I feel next weekend and decide if I'm going to wait only 6days this time or stick with the 7. If the positive effects fade by 6days then I'll do another session. If not I"ll stick with 7 day intervals. No hurry. I'll go with what my body tells me.

I really think these devices heal something in the brain, rather than stimulate neurotransmitters which run out later. That's why ppl stop using them as they dont' feel the need to after a while and why I think some places even hire them out. I've even read of ppl on another forum stopping because of 'excessive euphoria'. It's hard to imagine such a thing, but I remember when I was manic on Cymbalta I would be high as a kite at inappropriate times. So there is such a thing. If I had to choose between excessive euphoria and the dark hole of WD anhedonia and irritation, I know which I'd choose (tho my aim would be always somewhere in the middle).

• Moderator Emeritus

thanks for posting your responses - i am interested in maybe trying one of these - i wish there was somewhere to hire them - it seems a lot of money to pay out if it doesn't work

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Administrator

I agree, Peggy.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I don't have a link, but some on another forum mentioned they were hiring from somewhere. I checked it out and it was in Canada. I'm in Australia so wasn't of much help to me.

The day after my last session was a bit flat, and the following day my spark came back and had a great day. That seems to be the pattern when I use this thing. I still don't think the device is a silver bullet for SSRI injuries (yet) but I've only done 8 sessions. Even so, it's pretty darn good for lifting mood and being able to feel positive feelings again. That on it's own has made the device more than worth it's money for me. I still feel the injury in my head physically, I still have difficulty with concentration or focus sometimes, reading etc. The headaches still come if i over stimulate myself but they're not as painful. Also, with an elevated mood I don't dwell on these things and I have more enthusiasm to be socializing and doing other things. Makes me feel more active and I'm not putting off things like housework. That's something

• Moderator Emeritus

thanks for posting your responses - i am interested in maybe trying one of these - i wish there was somewhere to hire them - it seems a lot of money to pay out if it doesn't work

Peggy, I had a 2 or 4 month trial when trying this out 10 years ago. The company I went thru was marketing for fibromyalgia pain. I did not find the alpha stim (this is what it was called at the time) helped so I returned it. Actually, I would have had to exchange it for another uint as mine broke down, but it would have been covered by the contract. I found the stim made me lightheaded and helped me relax during the few minutes it was on but otherwise did not have any effect.

Good idea to try before you buy.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Session 9

Did 20mins of mode 6 a couple of nights ago about 1hr before bed. I'd been in a good mood since my last session. This time I only waited 4 nights before doing a session. Last time was 7. Had a horrible sleep with bad dreams. The next day i was still in a great mood til lunch time and then i lost my emotions and was irritable like my normal WD state. This is becoming predictable the day after using the BT8. So went to bed last night and another night of unpleasant dreams. In the morning I could feel again and my mood was up. Been in a great mood all day, lots of energy taking the kids to the park, going to farmers market and to a blossom festival. BT8 has been the best $230 I've ever spent. I may not have full range of my memory and focus back, but just to have elevated moods returned enthusiasm and total patience with kids - what price does one put on that.

4 days seems to be a good break between sessions for me. No dazed state or fatigue afterwards the next day. May keep it at that because if i change it to every 3 days then I'll have more frequent days where I can't feel and I'm irritable (as per the effect the day after I use the BT8). Before SSRI injury I used to love to drink and have a good night out, followed by many days of irritability and anxiety. With this thing it's reversed; I get irritable first for half a day followed by many days of elevated mood. Interesting.

bb

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for updating us on how you are going with this. I am really interested in it for sleep. I know that a number of posters have said its good for sleep but I'm wondering how your sleep was before you tried it and how it is now.

Has anyone had severe insomnia that's been turned around? Or was your sleep ok and now it's good or very good.

Any info would be most appreciated. I am tossing up on this one but am nervous about whether it can have a positive impact with severe insomnia

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

My sleep patterns have fluctuated over the last 12 months since I took Lexapro. The most common pattern is I fall asleep around midnight and wake up around 4am for a bit and then fall asleep until about 8am. No major problems. If I were to use this daily the effect on me is it makes me very vague and sleepy all day. Eventually I go into depression. It's very strange. The member Inneedofsleep was saying in one of the previous posts ^^^ that she had quite a serious problem with insomnia which the BioTuner helped greatly by using twice a day for a couple of weeks and then easing off it. The only real changes with sleep that I've noticed so far is very vivid dreams. Half the time pleasant, half the time not. I've learned not to watch violent or horror movies right before bed lol after vivid dreams of Vampires chasing me and biting me.

Going by ppls testimonies in other forums, this one, and my own experience the BioTuner really does effect everyone differently and ppl just have to find out what works for them best. I almost gave up on it when I experienced that depression. I'm glad I didn't. I've read on other forums that ppl did give up on it after experiencing negative effects. It's possible they may have just not figured out the right routine for them. I've found that it's easy to over do it with this device and that with my WD situation that I can only use it once ever 4days. I suspect that may change as conditions change with my brain over time.

I've also noticed less cravings for things like lollies, gluten and potato chips. Only realized that today. I've had some intense cravings for those things during WD and I've done my best to stick to a Paleo diet. Hasn't been easy at all. I live in a low income area and some ppl have addictions to alcohol or drugs and in a strange way I can empathize with them from these obsessional cravings I've had to things like bread and butter or lollies. It can be so intense I get out of bed and drive to a gas station in the middle of the night to purchase some. Friends or family would think I'm properly nuts if they knew that. Anyway, it's something that has stopped recently and I didn't even notice as I just stopped thinking of those things.

Thanks for updating us on how you are going with this. I am really interested in it for sleep. I know that a number of posters have said its good for sleep but I'm wondering how your sleep was before you tried it and how it is now.

Has anyone had severe insomnia that's been turned around? Or was your sleep ok and now it's good or very good.

Any info would be most appreciated. I am tossing up on this one but am nervous about whether it can have a positive impact with severe insomnia

Hi Dalsaan, I could not sleep literally for 10 months, I would finally resort to taking something just to get to sleep which was making me even more toxic. I would get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep at night if that during the last 10 months.

Then the meds/herbs/supplements that I did take stopped working and I would go 2-4 days without any sleep. Insomnia was my nightmare.

Anxiety didn't help either because you develop this mindset that no matter how positive you try to be, that just the thought of "what if you don't sleep again tonight" creates MORE anxiety, then the panic attack starts. Or, you go into the night thinking tonight is the night, and about 3am your anxiety shoots over the moon because your coping skills are shot and you realize it's going to be another sleepless night. I lived it and hated every second. I am convinced that we are toxic on top of all of this because our systems are so frayed. So taking sleep meds, herbs, etc. might work for a short time, our bodies are in need of time, nourishment and SLEEP to heal. If we aren't getting sleep, we aren't healing as fast as we could be.

The first thing I did was found the Linden Method to reduce my anxiety so that if I didn't get to sleep, I could still relax and breath into a deep relaxed state. But I still was fighting insomnia. So severely, that I ended up in the hospital and all they wanted to do was put me on medication. I became convinced that if I could just get over the hump and let my body learn to sleep again naturally, I mean we are designed to sleep, even a child falls asleep, but how when you are toxic and injured?

My mom, thinking outside the box, found the Bio Tuner. I slept 5 hours the first night after tuning into channel 1 for 20 minutes. All I can tell you is to research it online and gather from it what you will, I can say it worked for me and still is working for me. It has boosted my healing speed, and although I still have set backs, none of the set backs are no where near where I was before I started using it.

Last night I slept almost 6 hours and then back to sleep for 3 more. I went to bed at 10pm last night, drifted off about 10:15-10:30pm and woke up at 4 am, went to the bathroom and fell back asleep immediately until 8 am. Most nights, I get at least 4 hours on the first shift, and then 3 hours after I've gone to the bathroom. It has also helped my Anxiety even come down more, depression, ADD, OCD and mood level. I'm happier and am feeling more like myself every day. Accomplishing more every day, physically and mentally. I can only speak for myself, but it provided an incredible overnight advancement in my recovery. Still going strong after a month.

I started to wean off of it, but had a Major life stressful event and have used it once every day for the last 5 days to keep above the negatives. It has kept me calmer, sleeping, able to cope (probably because I'm sleeping).

Just asked my daughter who has gone through this nightmare and all of the stages with me over the last 10 months, if the bio tuner 8 helped me? Her reply, "YES!", In what way? "EVERYTHING POSITIVE!"

1. "MOOD", was the first she stated

2. "Coping skills"

3. "Energy"

Best Wishes to your recovery from this nightmare Dalsaan. I have my mom to thank for this, why I didn't find it in all of the research I did to fix this Insomnia problem still escapes me. Our brains are electrical in nature, makes sense to me now that something gentle and electric could make a difference. It did for me.

My story and at the point where I was contemplating if this device could work for me: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2503-ineedsleep-off-multiple-medications/page__p__25162__fromsearch__1#entry25162

My sleep patterns have fluctuated over the last 12 months since I took Lexapro. The most common pattern is I fall asleep around midnight and wake up around 4am for a bit and then fall asleep until about 8am. No major problems. If I were to use this daily the effect on me is it makes me very vague and sleepy all day. Eventually I go into depression. It's very strange. The member Inneedofsleep was saying in one of the previous posts ^^^ that she had quite a serious problem with insomnia which the BioTuner helped greatly by using twice a day for a couple of weeks and then easing off it. The only real changes with sleep that I've noticed so far is very vivid dreams. Half the time pleasant, half the time not. I've learned not to watch violent or horror movies right before bed lol after vivid dreams of Vampires chasing me and biting me.

Going by ppls testimonies in other forums, this one, and my own experience the BioTuner really does effect everyone differently and ppl just have to find out what works for them best. I almost gave up on it when I experienced that depression. I'm glad I didn't. I've read on other forums that ppl did give up on it after experiencing negative effects. It's possible they may have just not figured out the right routine for them. I've found that it's easy to over do it with this device and that with my WD situation that I can only use it once ever 4days. I suspect that may change as conditions change with my brain over time.

I've also noticed less cravings for things like lollies, gluten and potato chips. Only realized that today. I've had some intense cravings for those things during WD and I've done my best to stick to a Paleo diet. Hasn't been easy at all. I live in a low income area and some ppl have addictions to alcohol or drugs and in a strange way I can empathize with them from these obsessional cravings I've had to things like bread and butter or lollies. It can be so intense I get out of bed and drive to a gas station in the middle of the night to purchase some. Friends or family would think I'm properly nuts if they knew that. Anyway, it's something that has stopped recently and I didn't even notice as I just stopped thinking of those things.

I AM WITH YOU ON THAT BENTBUDDHA, NO "WATCHING VIOLENT OR HORROR MOVIES RIGHT BEFORE BED"! It is wonderful to finally be dreaming again, but I've noticed negative dreams with your observation! Nice to have the vivid dreams, but they are definitely more restful when they are happy peaceful dreams!

Interesting also that you have had less cravings. I am going to have to think about that myself, still craving bread and butter, but doing great on a Green juice diet right now. Seems to be agreeing with my body tremendously. I noticed also that when I started the juice diet, mixed with one good protein meal in the evening, I slept an extra 1-2 hours. Don't know if it was from the Bio Tuner or the juice diet, but I can definitely say the Bio tuner got me sleeping again for sure!

• Moderator Emeritus

i really am interested in this but i was wondering how the electrical stimulation actually gets through the skull?

I used to have this really cool electroacupunture pen called 'search and stim' - you would apply it to pressure points and it would send an electric current through. It was brilliant, but it broke and i haven't been able to get another one. It used to feel very relaxing on my face.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Well in for a penny, in for more than a couple of pounds! I have just ordered my bio tuner.

Thanks inneed and bentb for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking time to answer my post.

I know the results are individual but if it works half as well for me it will be a good thing.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Well in for a penny, in for more than a couple of pounds! I have just ordered my bio tuner.

Thanks inneed and bentb for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking time to answer my post.

I know the results are individual but if it works half as well for me it will be a good thing.

Dalsaan

You are so welcome. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and your progress, it helps us too. Both Bentbuddha and I had some similar reactions and results and it was encouraging to read what was working for him, and what he was experiencing. I think I started using it a week or so before him, so we were pretty close in our journey using the device. As you read, my main problem was Insomnia, so I started using the device immediately but used the higher frequencies, 1,2 or 3 because I liked those better. I used it once in the evening for 20 minutes, on setting 1, then once in the morning on setting 2, then the that next evening on setting 3. I always rotated so as to not build up a tolerance.

After one week, I started using it once a day for 20 minutes, and only on days where I was getting breakthrough depression or anxiety, I would use it a second time. I never used it more than twice a day, for a 20 minute interval.

Then I started weaning to every other day, using it only in the mornings because my sleep pattern was already getting established and for me, using it kick started me into my day. For others, it makes them drowsy afterwards. Your body should let you know what feels right.

Went off of it for one week with good results, then back on for one week (that is where I am currently). I will start weaning again and we'll see how it goes. Best thing I could have done, I pray it works as well for you too. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Warnings that I have read:

1. Do not use it greater than 20 minutes per session, or tolerance can sometime develop. I think infrequent periods of maybe 20-40 minutes is ok, as I did this one or two times when I was really bad, but there was a write up I saw on if you do this frequently, it can cause tolerance.

2. Increase your fluid/water intake. It can add to the negative zonked out feeling that some people experience, if you are not hydrated.

3. Be sure to use a water base gel, or aloe vera gel on your ear lobes for better conduction. That way it feels more like a gentle buzz, than a prickly feeling.

4. Do not use this device and take drugs. I do not know if it potentiates the effect, or counters the effect. I would believe it probably counters the effect as you are trying to get your brain back in balance and releasing its own brain chemicals with very gently electrical stimulation. I am just guessing here, but from my study of depleting chemicals from the brain, from drugs, etc. it sounds like the two would counter each other.

If I think of any more, I will post. Best wishes, can't wait to hear how you do Dalsaan! It's a journey!

Ineedsleep and BendBudda,

Have been reading your journey re the BT. Thanks for sharing; I am soo glad you both were able to help you with your withdrawal and for passing this info on. Dalsaan I hope you too find this helpful for you.

I have a question. When do you think is a good time to start using this machine?

I have just started tappering at 10% would you wait until you are at a much lower dose or if experiencing difficult wd symptoms??

Thanks once again. Caro

1995 Post Natal Dep - Zoloft ?dose (as well as 5mg valium and sleeping tablet) Quit after a couple of months.

1998 PND - Effexor-xr 150mg. Tried reducing but failed due to heightened anxiety. Quit cold turkey when pregnant with 3rd child.

2003 PND again on Effexor-xr 150mg. Numerous times tried to wean.

2006 75mg.

2010 Weaned off too fast as per dr recom 75mg every 2nd day etc. was Effexor-xr free for 3 months. Reinstated 75mg

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

Back in 2008 a I purchased something like that from an EMDR Therapist. It was the size of a cell phone and attached to each ear lobe.

It was a gentle ticking sensation. I can't explain how relaxing it was. It stopped anxiety and promoted a good night's sleep. I did this while WDing from Lexapro. It was about $300-$350. It was not Fisher Wallace. It broke after a relatively short time. I didn't replace it and every once in awhile I google it looking for something identical to it.

They are more expensive now. I was like a nice meditative state.

I don't think I was affected by it in any way other than to relax, stop anxiety and be able to deeply meditate.

Dear Caro123, I was completely off my antidepressants for 10 months so I do not know the protocol for how to use it while actually withdrawing or tapering the med, but Nikki, above stated that she used it while she was Withdrawing from Lexapro. I did a quick search online and found more information out there regarding using it while withdrawing from the medication. I read where it was not to be used with drugs, but maybe there is a certain classification of drugs they were referring to. I would go to this site and email the individual who is a retailer, he seems to have quite a bit of knowledge and traveled with with Bob Beck the Physicist who created the device. Hope this helps! http://www.braintuner.com/Bob-Beck-Brain-Tuner/

Ineedsleep,

Thanks for your response :) I have previously been looking at info online, but I find I am more comfortable receiving information from people like you who have used it.

Also your accounts are more accurate as Bentbudda said it is not a silver bullet; he also could have given up but worked out how it best worked for him, as you figured out what worked for you.

I will keep an eye on this thread and wait and see how I go as I get down to lower doses. Its good info and as Peggy says to put in your toolbox for when we need it.

Take care and thanks. Caro

1995 Post Natal Dep - Zoloft ?dose (as well as 5mg valium and sleeping tablet) Quit after a couple of months.

1998 PND - Effexor-xr 150mg. Tried reducing but failed due to heightened anxiety. Quit cold turkey when pregnant with 3rd child.

2006 75mg.

2010 Weaned off too fast as per dr recom 75mg every 2nd day etc. was Effexor-xr free for 3 months. Reinstated 75mg

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

Ineedsleep,

Thanks for your response :) I have previously been looking at info online, but I find I am more comfortable receiving information from people like you who have used it.

Also your accounts are more accurate as Bentbudda said it is not a silver bullet; he also could have given up but worked out how it best worked for him, as you figured out what worked for you.

I will keep an eye on this thread and wait and see how I go as I get down to lower doses. Its good info and as Peggy says to put in your toolbox for when we need it.

Take care and thanks. Caro

Please keep us posted on how you are doing Caro, I wish I had some experience to share with you on what to do in weaning off the meds and using this device. Maybe Bentbuddha has some information that I missed regarding how to use it in this situation. I have a friend who is going to use the device to wean off of cymbalta. As I get more information, I will share. Best wishes for your journey Caro. Love and blessings.

Hi Ineedsleep,

Thanks muchly! Will post progress as its important to put info out there. I really appreciate reading all the information posted it is so helpful. Thanks!!!

Caro

2006 75mg.

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

You are so welcome Caro, just so thankful to find something that helped me. Praying it works well for you too!

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm still tapering off and will post on my experiences when my brain machine arrives : )

Got our own little research trial going on here!

Dalsaan

I'm still tapering off and will post on my experiences when my brain machine arrives : )

Got our own little research trial going on here!

Dalsaan

Thanks Dalsaan, hoping it helps you as much as it has us! Looking forward to your posts. I did read also where it is a cumulative type process, the therapeutic value is seen over time (2 weeks) so don't give up after one or two tries even though I got a result immediately, it can be different with everyone. Thanks for your update!

I was so bad from my abrupt withdrawal, that although I used it the full two weeks, I still continue to use it as needed here and there and have not fully weaned from it. But I appreciate that there are no side effects or cravings to use it. I notice that I need it only after a serious stress, so as my body continues to heal, I am not opposed to that as its effects can last for days as Bentbuddha has stated. I definitely feel my nervous system healing and symptoms lessened to such a degree that I almost forget how truly bad it was just a few months ago. Less anxiety, more calm, less depression, better coping and still sleeping like a baby. Slept 6 hours last night and then dozed off for a couple more. My life just keeps improving. Life's stresses are always present though, and that can definitely be taxing when we are trying to find a new balance again.

• Moderator Emeritus

i went ahead and ordered one of these too!!

can't wait for it to arrive - add me to the research project!

i went ahead and ordered one of these too!!

can't wait for it to arrive - add me to the research project!

I AM PRAYING this helps everyone like it has us! Peggy please keep us posted. Excited to hear your reports!!!

My friend who is withdrawing from Cymbalta has used mine while they wait for hers to come. She said it makes her feel much calmer and she slept very well.

That is all I have right now regarding the Bio tuner use while withdrawing from an antidepressant, but hoping we will continue to gather more positive responses. So thankful just to hear that it has helped others, not just me!!!

I had major stress today, it just hasn't let up.

Had to take my mom to the ER today, on top of other major stresses today, I am still going strong and not crumbling like I would have been a month ago. Just bury me and call it good, gone into hiding, shaking, extreme trembling, anxiety over the moon, nauseated, panic . . . that would have been me just a month and half ago. Didn't even need to use the bio tuner today and I'm still feeling good from yesterdays 20 minute session. Feeling strong, I was assertive with the doctors, calm, attentive and on top of things. I could not have done this before. Still taking things one day at a time and going slow, but today sure was a big test and I feel that I passed it with flying colors!

Will note that I am having some very very mild trembling going down my legs at the end of the day right now as I get ready for bed, and I am tired, trying to wind down from it all but my energy level was great today given the stress I was presented with. No anxiety or depression.

Just sending my nervous system some loving thoughts and telling it, well done! Good job.

Ineedsleep.

So sorry to hear about your mum - I hope she will be ok.

Good to hear that you were able to manage the situation so positively. Fantastic!!!

Sending you heartfelt thoughts for you and your mum.

Take care!!

ps. I am still researching info re the BT. I have sent questions asking for more info. Will see what they say.

pps Just reduced my dose again (now take out 50 beads Effexor-xr). Strangely I had bad headache and couldn't get out of bed. Slept for most of day yesterday and today. Only did the basics dinner and cleaned up. I still slept that night and didn't really want to get up the next day wouldn't have it it wasn't for family, but still had to have a nap (3hrs).

Previusly I had been going to bed and waking up in early hours of night?? Am not complaining as no anxiety; etc.

2006 75mg.

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

Ineedsleep.

So sorry to hear about your mum - I hope she will be ok.

Good to hear that you were able to manage the situation so positively. Fantastic!!!

Sending you heartfelt thoughts for you and your mum.

Take care!!

ps. I am still researching info re the BT. I have sent questions asking for more info. Will see what they say.

pps Just reduced my dose again (now take out 50 beads Effexor-xr). Strangely I had bad headache and couldn't get out of bed. Slept for most of day yesterday and today. Only did the basics dinner and cleaned up. I still slept that night and didn't really want to get up the next day wouldn't have it it wasn't for family, but still had to have a nap (3hrs).

Previusly I had been going to bed and waking up in early hours of night?? Am not complaining as no anxiety; etc.

Thank you Caro, one day at a time. Possible TIA, Ulcerative Colitis and Dehydration. Life just keeps happening and all we can really do is manage it to the best of our ability and stay positive. Deep breath! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

So glad that you are doing this the right way and weaning cautiously. SO thankful that you are not having any anxiety. Hope everything goes well for you and the symptoms are only minimal or zero. You take care also, Blessings and Love.

• Moderator Emeritus

my biotuner came yesterday - i tried it on setting 1 for 20mins and then setting 2 later for 20 mins.

I really, really love the feeling - can't say that i felt any different at all after doing it, it did take me longer to go to sleep last night, but i am not putting it down to the the BT. Had some interesting dreams too.

my biotuner came yesterday - i tried it on setting 1 for 20mins and then setting 2 later for 20 mins.

I really, really love the feeling - can't say that i felt any different at all after doing it, it did take me longer to go to sleep last night, but i am not putting it down to the the BT. Had some interesting dreams too.

Peggy, I have read that some people do better with using it either in the early morning, late afternoon, or early evening if it keeps you from falling asleep. Remember that it is a process and the best results show up after a time. 2 weeks seems to be the magic number. I love being able to dream again! Just don't watch any negative, scary stuff right before bed! I don't know how that works, but both Bentbuddha and I had some winners of action packed bad dreams if you do that. Best to be in positive relaxed mode if possible when drifting off! Just keep an eye, if you have another night or two that you don't fall asleep right away, try using it at another time. Be sure to space the 20 minute times out so that you don't build up a tolerance to it. I agree, I love the feeling too. Keep us posted! Big smile!!!

You've intrigued me, so I've went ahead and ordered myself one lol. Interesting to see if it works.

Has it improved your memory/cognition?

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

You've intrigued me, so I've went ahead and ordered myself one lol. Interesting to see if it works.

Has it improved your memory/cognition?

YES! It has mine. There is a study out there showing that Long Term Alcoholics recovered their short term memories within 6 weeks using the device. Trying to find it! Also, the information posted below from these sites are the older versions of bio tuners - which from what I have been told and read is now included in the BT-8 model by Sota. The latest model. The following info below are from these sites: http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter333/index.htm

http://www.braintuner.com/Bob-Beck-Brain-Tuner/

"The BT-8 is preset to run for a 20 minute session. It is applied by means of earclip electrodes. Bob Beck's Brain Tuner is not just the latest fitness fad. It is a real and workable life enhancement technology.

Most individuals describe the experience as being one of focused relaxation, even when emotional tensions have been present. Following the normal 2 to 4 week application routine, many BT-8 users experience significant positive changes in their lives and in their relationships with others.

What Should I Expect

Most users experience a more positive, confident outlook on life with a renewed sense of enthusiasm. The many daily challenges of life seem easier to handle with a newly found feeling of energy!

The numerous benefits of BT-8 tend to be cumulative in nature and gradually reveal themselves over a period of 1 to 4 weeks. Change is spontaneous and effortless."

"Nutritional Support

Proper nutrition is important when using the BT-8. Individuals who have been stressed out for years (depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome, etc.) will see a much better result from using the Bio-Tuner if they take some steps to improve their over-all health and support the brain with proper nutrients to support the production of neurotransmitters - such as Dopamine and Serotonin. There are many good nutritional support formulas available from your health food store or on the internet. Likewise, good quality amino acid formulas are readily available.

What Time of Day to Use BT-8

It is alright to use the brain tuner any time of day. However, due to the body's daily variations in Bio-rhythms, blood sugar levels, etc. your responses to the brain tuner may vary according to the time of day it is used. For example, some individuals using BT-8 near their normal bed time, may find that it gives them a lot of extra energy and they do not feel tired. In this case, try using the unit earlier in the day, or try using the 0.5 Hz. setting. It is important to use the BT-7 each day for 2 to 3 weeks in order to achieve the maximum benefits. There is no need to repeat the entire 2 to 3 weeks if you happen to skip a day or two. Following the initial series of sessions, BT-8 may be used on occasion as desired to maintain the initial improvements. For example, memory improvements may maintain up to 1 year before additional sessions are necessary. Other gains may be more temporary and require more frequent reinforcement. Individual results will vary."

"What is "The Bio-Tuner"?

A unit similar to The Bio-Tuner (BT9) was featured in OMNI Magazine, Volume 5, Number 4, January 1983. Article was written by Kathleen McAuliffe. Title of the article is "The Black Box - Secret ... Treatment of Rock Superstars".

"The implications of this work are stunning," says physicist BB, the expert on electromagnetic fields, long employed as a consultant to the Department of Defense

The Bio-Tuner is an electronic relaxation system. Micro-current energy pulses appear to have a profound balancing effect on the individual and tend to produce a state of over-all relaxation and well being. The Bio-Tuner outputs a modified rectilinear waveform with over 500 frequencies in each pulse.

The most comprehensive review of the research in CES published to date is a chapter by Ray B. Smith, Ph.D. in the book, Neural Stimulation, published in 1985. Dr. Smith has been researching CES since 1972. He concluded, "There are 40 studies of CES readily available in the U.S. in which the dependent variable is reliable. When these are examined alone it becomes apparent that CES is effective in alleviating symptoms of anxiety, depression, and insomnia...CES appears effective as a treatment for withdrawal in the chemically dependent person...Other promising areas of treatment are in hypergastric acidity and migraine headaches." Dr. Smith adds, "CES appears to be safe, with no harm or negative side effects having been reported to date in controlled studies...Finally, while one usually assumes some placebo effect from a treatment as dramatic as this, none has been reported in studies controlled for this effect."

The BT7 (bio tuner, formerly brain tuner) by BB has been helping people relax for over 20 years. Bio Tuner is an experimental, battery powered electronic instrument that delivers minute levels of relaxing energy to the body through electrodes. These micro-current energy pulses appear to stimulate and re-balance certain brain neurotransmitter chemicals such as endorphins, seratonin, dopamine, etc. that may be involved in many stress related conditions.

Some of these neurotransmitters are also thought to be linked to memory, creativity, learning, and intelligence.

As a Cranial Electro Stimulation (CES) device, research on BB’s Brain Tuner is referred to in two recently published books: MegaBrain Power by Michael Hutchison and SuperLearning 2000 by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder.

Over the years, suppliers of BB’s Brain Tuners apparently received feedback from individuals who found the units were instrumental in helping them overcome addictions, insomnia, depression, learning disorders and pain.

Most individuals describe the experience as being one of focused deep relaxation, even when high emotional tension or stress have been present. Following the normal 2 to 4 week application routine, many BT-7 users experience significant positive changes in their lives and in their relationships with others.

..."BB Brain Tuner/Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation* invented in the early 1980s. There are later BT's that have been refined. The Brain Tuner balances the left and right brain hemispheres, balances brain chemistry thereby neutralizing addictions and allergies and reduces stress. It neutralizes depression, anxiety and promotes endorphin production. It seems to promote formation of dendrites resulting in a higher IQ. Over thirty years of research all over the world shows that this type of technology can neutralize hard-core alcoholism in appox 5-7 days for most individuals. Most people are no longer addicted after that time. Cocaine, heroin and meth-amphetamines/ect., ect. is cleared in 5-7 days generally speaking. Cigarettes are more difficult to neutralize quickly because research has proven nicotine to be three times more addictive than heroin. Usually within 2-3 weeks nicotine addiction is neutralized."...

Mental and emotional benefits

Some research suggests that these subtle energies may be linked to improved memory, creativity, learning, and intelligence. Using the BT-7 Brain Tuner requires no special effort, training or discipline. The BT-7 is preset to run for a 20 minute session. Most individuals describe the experience as being one of focused deep relaxation, even when high emotional tension has been present. Following the normal 2 to 3 week application routine, many individuals experience significant positive changes in their lives and in their relationships with others. Many users experience a more positive, energetic outlook, better mental clarity and feelings of improved self-esteem. The many daily challenges of life seem easier to handle and negative reaction to environmental stress and tension are diminished. Many individuals have reported that previous negative habits and behavior patterns gradually diminish with time.

Cumulative beneficial effects in 1-3 weeks

The numerous benefits of BT-7 Pro tend to be cumulative in nature and gradually reveal themselves over a period of 1 to 3 weeks. Change is spontaneous and effortless. Since 1985, thousands of individuals have discovered the BT-6 Pro relaxation system. Join them now and discover today's most powerful technology for positive change and well-being.

"Double-blind studies were done at the University of Wisconsin on the BT 5+’s capabilities to overcome drug-withdrawal symptoms and it did the job. Studies at both Wisconsin and the University of Louisiana showed it could boost IQ from twenty to thirty points. BT Five-Plus stimulation appears to enhance neural efficiency," researchers stated.

RESTORING BRAIN CHEMICALS – Electrical Stimulation of Brain Chemicals

"Since addiction, withdrawal, and anhedonia are the result of insufficient levels of certain brain chemicals, or undeveloped pleasure centers and pleasure pathways, the most direct way of eliminating them is to restore optimal levels of the brain chemicals, to stimulate the pleasure centers and pleasure pathways. One of the most exciting breakthroughs in the treatment of addiction has been the discovery that stimulating the brain quickly to pour out large quantities of the neurochemicals that have been suppressed by addictive substances.

"As an electrotherapy researcher, BB described it to me, this was originally discovered when scientists analyzed the brains of rats that had been addicted to opiates"

The rats that were addicted had been getting so much opiate that the little endorphin factories in the brain would shut down and basically say, "Look, our body’s got too much of this. Quit manufacturing it…" …

… and it would take anywhere from a week to three weeks before the brain of each rat would begin manufacturing beta-endorphins again. Whereas in the brains of the control rats that had never been addicted, you would find the normal, expected levels of beta-endorphin. And then they would take a third group of addicted rats, cut them off ‘cold turkey’ from the heroin, clip miniature electrodes to their ears, and within 20 minutes of electrical stimulation… the brain of each rat began showing that the endorphin production had started up again. So, those rats wouldn’t go through withdrawal symptoms!

" This evidence quickly led to the use of CES devices in the treatment of humans."

Michael Hutchinson

Immediately after a CES treatment, patients most often report a notable level of relaxation. Some people feel somewhat inebriated for the first few minutes. It is a pleasant and very comfortable sensation. After several minutes to hours, the light-headed feelings usually disappear, the relaxed state remains and a profound sense of alertness is achieved.

This relaxed/alert state will usually remain for an average of 12 to 72 hours after the first few treatments and then becomes cumulative from a series of treatments. Most patients relate feeling more relax~d, less distressed, while their minds remain alert and even more focused on mental tasks. They generally sleep better and report improved concentration along with heightened states of general well-being.

Found it! Here is the full version in written form of the audio by the Physicist Dr. Bob Beck

who created this device and its background and research.

http://umattr.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dr.-Bob-Beck-Lecture-on-Bio-Tuner.pdf

Peter Townsend of THE WHO

"This is the device that was used on Peter Townsend when he was flown in on a

hospital bed type airplane to the John Wayne Airport. He had taken a massive dose

of heroin before he left London, enough to get him to the States. He was absolutely

green and yellow when they took him off the plane … when Meg put this device on

his head … and within about 40 minutes, he was rehabilitated—after he’d spent a

fortune in various clinics around the world. Peter Townsend finally got off, kicked

the habit and is now happy, healthy, clean, producing again and all of this is history.

Of course many of you have read this story—it’s been reprinted in Penthouse, it’s

been reprinted in Omni magazine."

Research on Addictions and the Brain Tuner Technology

"Now fortunately they had spent a great deal of money in absolutely and totally

documenting the effects of this little device. They found that it reversed Korscoff

psychosis (short term memory loss) in three to five days with chronic alcoholics.

This work was done at the University of Wisconsin Medical School, the Louisiana

Medical College and at the University of Texas. Now any of you who’ve dealt with

alcoholism know that it normally takes eight years for the short‐term memory to be

restored—eight years of total abstinence. The short‐term memory profile of an

alcoholic absolutely pinpoints the amount of degeneration. One of the tests is the

maze test, where you have to go through a maze without lifting the pencil from the

paper. The other is the beta section of the test where you have to look at words on

one page, then the page is taken away and you have to remember it on subsequent

pages. An alcoholic will usually show a profile of almost total inability to pass these

two facets.

In all of their subjects, I don’t like to say all, it’s rather spooky, 99% of them—they

were able … where they had a baseline of tests … for example, where the person had

been to college, had taken this same or a similar test and had become an alcoholic

for 15 years … where they had access to the original records, the short‐term

memory was totally restored in five days of using this little box 40 minutes a day.

Now this is wild and wonderful. All of this emerged during some of the research. I

spent quite a bit of time in the bio‐Ed library of UCLA, some time at the Marris

library, USC County."

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy