Purdyflower: Having to abruptly stop a medication, without tapering

purdyflower

I have the crappiest Medication management lady, and she never orders my medication in time. This is the third time she has forgotten to order it, cymbalta.I knew I was going to run out of it, so I started taking half of what I usually do and now it's gone so I have nothing. Does anyone have tips for withdrawals when you can't tapper off? I can't afford to go to anyone else. I'm so sick of this lady and her inability to do her job that I am going to stop taking all my medication. (not all at one time, just fyi). But you know how you can die if you are an alcoholic and abruptly stop drinking? Can that happen with antidepressents? And how long will withdrawals last? I can barly get out of bed, or move my head. Sorry if this post is unorganized or confusing. That's how my mind is right now!

I have the crappiest Medication management lady, and she never orders my medication in time. This is the third time she has forgotten to order it, cymbalta.I knew I was going to run out of it, so I started taking half of what I usually do and now it's gone so I have nothing. Does anyone have tips for withdrawals when you can't tapper off? I can't afford to go to anyone else. I'm so sick of this lady and her inability to do her job that I am going to stop taking all my medication. (not all at one time, just fyi). But you know how you can die if you are an alcoholic and abruptly stop drinking? Can that happen with antidepressents? And how long will withdrawals last? I can barly get out of bed, or move my head. Sorry if this post is unorganized or confusing. That's how my mind is right now!

Hi Purdy

Can you not speak to your prescriber.

I know you don't want to, but it looks like you are going to have to change your dispensing chemist.

I cannot answer your question on cymbalta withdrawals, but I would advise you not to worry as it makes things worse. Easier said than done, I know.

I would, if i were you, make an appointment urgently to see your doctor, tell him the problem, and change your dispenser.

Sorry its not much help, but, I read your post, and felt your pain, as I have been in a situation where I was not sure my doc would prescribe meds to stop my withdrawal, and I wanted to offer my support and send positive vibes.

You may also want to look on these boards for ways of dealing with symptoms.

pregan taper 600mg down to 240mg, daily cuts since xmas

valium, just over 75mg, tapering 0.1 a day, will keep this more udated, cos amounts going down

i have borderline personality, chronic ptsd, and suspected adhd and substance misuse as a symptom, which i am addressing with help of medical staff, drugs agencies & mh sta

• Moderator Emeritus

Can you speak with this woman's supervisor? Going off of any psychiatric medication abruptly is asking for trouble.  I've never heard of anyone dying from it, but I've certainly heard of a lot of people being miserable for months and months.  If there's any way at all you can get your prescription renewed, please do that.  Here's our topic on tapering off of Cymbalta:

Tips for Tapering Cymbalta

If all else fails, see this section:  Symptoms and self-care for non-drug ways of feeling better during withdrawal.  But please, do your very best to get that script renewed.  You've got about a month to reinstate successfully.

When you're able, please put your drug history in your signature like this:  How To Add Your Withdrawal History To Your Signature

Welcome to the forum, Purdyflower.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.