Abilifyneedhelp88: Here for information and support......

Abilifyneedhelp88

• Administrator

Why not just hold on the Abilify for a bit?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abilifyneedhelp88

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

• Edted

Top Posters In This Topic

Well once again I posted and lost it all with one wrong key...Sucks...So I finished a 12 hour shift at the hospital and at this point off the 2.5 Abilify completely since last Friday. I am much more clearerin thought at this point and less foggy...There has been moderate to minimal anxiety but has been much more to do with new environment, new people, new patients, new work...I have changed my perspective on my wellness completely and feel more blessed by having a heartbeat, clear lungs (the ability to breathe) ability to see, hear, feel touch and smell and move- the ability to walk, not so much with back pain but greatly feel blessed to be able to swallow my food, and go to the bathroom, pee and defecate...after all the heartbreaking cases I have had to deal with at the hospital...Forget about psyche symptoms, there are more pressing concerns like my Labrador who is dying of sarcoma of the right atrium.. I feel blessed I have a roof over my head, fresh water, food, a car, a warm bed and clothes to wear...I address my sleep issues with melatonin or calm forte...Still taking vitamins, etc...and glad I have half a brain which in some instances I wonder since the new reports on antipsychotics on www.beyondmeds.com which show brain shrinkage on neuroleptics...I see my pdoc on the 19th and I have reservations upon informing him I am totally off Abilify hence the consent decree I am under and he could say anything to the state and ruin my career..Still on the Trileptal...Have concerns and fears about possible conversations I might have with my nurse manager if the possibility of hiring comes up..the story of why I am on probation, the speculation of how that discussion may go and decisions on how much to tell or not tell. Keep bouncing it around in my head. Having documentation that says I am bipolar I is more like a career killer in nursing hence the strong stigma and my own feeling of having a label..There really is no easy way to discuss it or downplay it when it clearly has that with all to see publicly...on a public record...My short term memory sucks with not remembering times I gave medications but luckily its written down and I can refer to it...Anyway thought I would give a short update but I keep seeing on the nursing documentation charts that anticonvulsants and psychotropics have more risks for patients who are more likely to fall and I keep saying to myself Oh great..That's me! but at least I have eliminated one culprit.. the Abilify and pray no strong reprecussions from this, take one day at a time and listen to my body and mind and stay in prayer and remind myself that Jesus is with me wherever I go whatever I do always.....and that God loves me immensely and is proud of me...And I have come to realize how little doctors actually know from working with them and of course being their patients..They all have good intents but are not perfect and sometimes cause more harm than good and how important it is for preventative care and protecting oneself and being thus educated as much as possible in order to do so...Hope everyone is well and counting their many blessings....

med exp since 1985- abilify, latuda, Seroquel, risperadol, zyprexa, Haldol. latuda, saphris, mellaril, thorazine, lithium, tegretol, Depakote, lamictal, Prozac, pamelor, wellbutrin, Ativan, klonipin, etc.

currently only on remeron: 3/13/14-6/5/14- 15mg

6/20/14 -9.5mg < 0.75-1.5 per week

7/12/14-3.75mg

8/11/14- 0.6mg of Remeron (almost off)

8/16/14--last dose of remeron...now completely drug free....

11/21/14-- 95 DAYS DRUG FREE!!!!

I do not give out medical advice only personal experience.

dx: BPI, II, CKD, secondary hyperparathyroidism, Chronic pain, fibro,

• Administrator

May you continue to do well off Abilify.

What you might do: Tell your psychiatrist you're doing well. He can't argue with that.

Or, put off updating him on your taper....

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Ok so I am going to express myself here because I can't do it anywhere else....

Just got a letter from the NSO (Nurses Service Organization) where I applied for liability insurance just in case something happens while I am doing clinical or just get lucky enough to get hired...They want to know about the "incident" which led me to go into the disciplinary unit for the State BON....Then they want all this other crap...They suck... I am angry...They have my 108.00 dollars and say that I have to give them the Board Order, The Final Disposition ( which there isn'tione cuz I am still on probation) And they want to know what steps I am going to take so the "incident" doesn't occur again....

Incident?? What?? I may as well forget about insurance...and a job...etc..

They have to be talking about Drug addicts here... I never did anything like that...

I hate these insurance people who have my money have all these "conditions" and I have no idea where to start...They are just bringing up the nightmare I have been through with the school, the board, the reminder of having to be drug tested every day

I hate the Board, this NSO insurance who wants to drag up everything...

I told my doctor I was off the Abilify and he suggested Risperadone...**** him..

I am going to take a walk...

med exp since 1985- abilify, latuda, Seroquel, risperadol, zyprexa, Haldol. latuda, saphris, mellaril, thorazine, lithium, tegretol, Depakote, lamictal, Prozac, pamelor, wellbutrin, Ativan, klonipin, etc.

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Administrator

You need a second opinion supporting your position that you don't need to be medicated.

• Administrator

Well I spent the better part of Christmas eve into Christmas speaking online to a neurologist to ask the best way to get off Trileptal and he gave me an eight week plan which I intend to follow...Feel as though I will continue to lie to my doctor to protect my agreement with the board... No other way really..Let him write good reports for me and prescribe meds I don't need and just stockpile the stuff...Goes way against my integrity but you know all they do is lie to their patients trying to sell this stuff so they can drive around in mercedez and drug the population...Not me..I'll stick with my moods..Who the hell wants a chemical controlling them anyway...Not me...I have no respect for psychiatry and will not succumb...What's worse is they believe they are "helping" people...helping people by changing their normal brain chemistry..and not being sure how it works...No thanks...I no longer trust my doctor...He and others by my trusting has put me into renal failure...Gee Thanks Doc...Regret it and have no faith or belief in a bipolar dx...They are wrong..and I was wrong to believe....I have even considered changing my line of work so I can stay away from the board, the therapist, the drug screens, the meds, the whole quackery of the mental health system which is so screwed...Wish I never got involved or got mixed up in this mess...But seems once your labeled its hard to extricate yourself....Gee if I continue to go into nursing I have to explain to an employer my so called bipolar dx which has been branded to my chest...like a scarlett letter...Considering to say screw it and waitress at a local restaurant...Less stress, no life or death decisions, really no thinking at all..Won't help the paying back of student loans much but hey I might be happier without being put on the spot about my mental health issues in which no one wantto to own up to that...Do I think the medicine works...I think it clouds your mind and puts you into a state of emotional imbalance...I like my emotions better without some chemical controlling my brain...I honestly do not believe these doctors really know what they are doing...They will tell you anything to protect their own....self and practice...I was thinking tonite about medicine...They are "practicing" medicine...Do you really want to to be "practiced" on? No thanks...Right now my husband wants me to go under anesthesia to get my tubes tied under my reproductive endocrinologist's suggestion in order to alleviate fluid in my fallopian tubes and my husband wants to "save" money by using insurance for this and is opposed to me getting physical therapy in order to remove the blockages in which this is the direction I would choose although it is "out of network" and would cost us more...I told him that is what our so called retirement money is for..He says he doesn't want to jeoprodize his future financially..I say I will not go under general anesthesia so some guy who I do not trust can poke around in my abdomen possibly perforate my colon and whatever else they haphazardly do...Anyone have any suggestions on how I can convince my husband to respect my wishes? After all it is my body not the doctor's or his...General anesthesia has its risks and quite honestly I really

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know anything about the trileptal but wonder if 8 weeks is a bit fast? Most doctors don't have a clue about 

tapering, even the professors and consultants! I would hate to see you with withdrawal but I do understand why you

want to be off quickly. 

I agree with you, no-one should pressure you to have surgery and all that comes with it against your will. It is your body

and no-one else's! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

Not at all, you can get another opinion, one that says you have no current psychiatric problems.

Trileptal needs to be tapered, same as any other psychiatric drug. I suggest you wait a while to allow your nervous system to consolidate after the Abilify withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Need Opinions...Only place I can discuss this anonymously with people who understand where I am coming from...

1) I am in a situation with a situation with the State Board of Nursing who I have an agreement with to see a Psychiatrist (not named) and a therapist. This is a 3-way agreement with myself that I got into after a complaint was made against me from a teacher at my old nursing school who I innocently contacted after graduating from another nursing school. The first school had me arrested after I refused to comply with a campus police officer who was ushering students out of a classroom for a reason I never found out about and I was oblivious and focused on taking my final exam and scared to move when approached. I never graduated from this school and signed a no contact order to give up 3.75 years of nursing school work and givghe up a diploma which was ri My mistake was innocently contacting the old teacher and discussing my current graduation not thinking she would immediately make a complaint to the board which would lead me to a board psychiatrist looking into my old past hospitalizations and current mental status...because I told him somewhere along the line that I had probably been dx'd as bipolar.and was taking whatever medications at the time(think it was Risperadone and Trileptal..This is what he wrote in a report which also stated that I was not fit to practice at this time but might be in the future...Those words still cut me like a knife...

2) Now as of Today I am off the horrific antipsychotic abilify which was giving me all sorts of issues not only being concerned of what it was actually doing to me (brain shrinkage according to Joanne Moncrieff M.D), unknown long term effects, possible diabetes, etc. etc, not to mention that it was dulling my mind, made me so lethargic, problems with blood pressure and the list goes on about worrisome effects. I am completely off since Dec. 6 and although there are times of spontaneous depression, I can deal with that.

3) I am currently on 450mg of trileptal BID..Main concern with this devil of a drug is the possible  withdrawal seizures and hyponatremia which can cause confusion, nausea and vomiting and brutal headaches and which can be fatal. I have contacted a neurologist who deals with this drug and he gave me a satisfactory drug discontinuation schedule that I am pretty much comfortable with and I have not had much of a withdrawal to speak about. I am actually sleeping better now off. But I don't

know now what is on the other side of the rainbow so to speak...

4) Now the caveat- The psyche doctor is aware that I have decreased abilify and am off but he still thinks I am at 1800mg Trileptal because I am trying to protect the agreement that I have with the State and my license which does not state that I have to take medication but be in treatment. And for all intensive purposes treatment to a psychiatrists means prescribing these terrible mind bending drugs in which they are in bed with Big Pharma. So what do I do? The original plan to get off these drugs in which the MD was fully aware was to prepare for pregnancy. My concern is if I do get off all these drugs God willing and find alternatives then how will this MD "treat" me and satisfy his part of the bargain with the State in which he is required to give quarterly reports as to my condition? I would love to get him out of my life but the license is the hitch and because of my past hx all the psyche dr's want to drug me up to oblivion...It was only when I told him I wanted to become pregnant did he agree to try things my way...So where do I find a psyche doctor who won't prescribe and I can satisfy my agreement with the state or do I need to do that anyway? Geesh this is complicated...I won't be forced to take medication that I do not believe in and puts me at risk for more problems than the problem itself, no matter how many times I have been in the hospital helpless and only when I complied did they let me out of there. So all mental illness has to be treated with medication?- Who made up that rule? All I know is that because I listened and complied for years I am now dealing with their GREAT advice which has led me to kidney disease..Thanks a lot...Did anyone of those great dr's check my creatnine after they stuffed me with Lithium for years? No...So why should I listen to them now? It is true that we are all harborers of our own health...not to be misguided by Authoritarian dictators where I have found out through my own research that in a psychiatrist's training they are groomed to be that way with their patients. Coercion at its best.

5) So what do I do? If I continue to let my "wonderful" (not) MD think I am on this medicine all the while getting advice from a neurologist in tapering off, still complying with my part of the agreement and protecting my life's work or tell the MD and risk losing everything I worked for if he decides to screw me over somehow by reporting to the state he is no longer treating me. How does one treat someone if they aren't taking the prescribing medicine?...After all isn't that how we treat all bipolars? Drug em up, take away their livelihood, and put em on disability. The only reason we are on disability is what the drugs have done to us..I question whether or not their was an illness to begin with..Many "mental" illnesses begin from early childhood trauma which I have had my share...It was only until I was introduced to the drugs did I begin to have more severe problems, more hospitalizations, and more physical side effects neurologically and physically.

6) And how do you begin with a new Dr. when your hx is as daunting as mine? First thing they ask is how many x's you have been in the hospital which is a dead giveaway you absolutely must need medication...Jesus...Just because I was there means nothing....And the psychiatry field has no idea what they are doing to people, the lies, the unknown knowledge they have on these drugs. They seemed to have discovered something they think that works and has all of us believing in their wonderful but body wrecking drugs which do nothing but offer a terrible alternative to some doctor's great idea of how to save someone from distress in which in medicine nothing is perfect or a solution with some magic pill. I almost feel they need to know what they are doing to us...I am going to have to stop here because I now need to do something else to save my sanity here.

7) Sorry for such a long post but dilemma's like these need more than a few heads to figure out...

7/12/14-3.75mg

I still think you would be well-served to contact kellybroganmd.com. I used to live very near you, so I know how far NYC is, but I think you need an expert. She also does Skype. I think you will have a tough, tough time with a regular pdoc. Congrats on being off Abilify!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Administrator

I would be careful about what I tell your psychiatrist. You can just let him assume whatever he wants to assume. Same with any other doctor.

Please send me the contact information for the neurologist so I can add him to our list of doctors who know how to taper.

I WANT OUT OF THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM!!!

Nothing but a bunch of liars manipulating you to take their drugs, support you in that, label you up and down, and continue to try  and make you believe you have a mental illness.

Their crooked, want your money and lie....

God Help me!!

7/12/14-3.75mg

I surely understand why you feel that way! Have you read the recent postings about methylation and B vitamins? You can get lots of info at MTHFR.net. The original article posted bt Alto was by Dr. Brogan. She says in five years of practice she has had 3 patients without this genetic mutation. If you had a dr. sign off that this was the cause of your "mental illness", maybe that would satisfy the board? Plus it is a huge deal in pregnancy. Just brainstorming...

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

Good Morning All,

Hi,

I was recently reading Laura Delano's posts on Mad in America and one of the things she had said was to  surround yourself with a support community...And I realize here I am sitting alone by myself looking outside of my window to a graveyard which in itself is not encouraging but I have to say I have no real support in getting off these drugs. I spend most days alone. With the exception of my husband coming home at 6pm, eating dinner with him and then going to bed. Around here the only people contact would be going to the Psych Rehab which I am now against because they are all on drugs, promoting it and usually just sit around doing menial tasks. Another thing that Laura said was to surround yourself with friends and family...Most of my "friends" do not understand my need to get off the drugs or are they really around but most are working. And my family is small, not supportive, and not really around either. In the last week my anger at the mental health system has grown, the oppressive nature of it, and the situation I find myself in required to go to this psychiatrist and therapist  but which in the past has been voluntary but now I feel like I have been lied to made to believe  I had an illness that required life long medication which is not true. That must be the biggest lie psychiatry has out there. Reading Mad in America and Listening to Laura sounds like my own story..very similar, although she is younger and had only been in the system for 10 years. I have been in it 28 years, still in it and desperately wanting to get out, I guess my only satisfaction is knowing that I am decreasing the medication while playing the game of psychiatry and therapy getting really nothing out of that but knowing someone is writing some report on me good or bad.to perpetuate my license..I am being oppressed and I do not care for it...It makes me so angry and I know that is not good for blood pressure...So I sit here with really nothing to do waiting for these drugs to eventually get out of my system..  I have no real career to speak of even though I graduated as a nurse but the way the system is set up and the ridiculous things I now have to go through on account of a fake profession which has done nothing but drug me up and saturate the market with its marketing strategies to make almost everyone think they have a mental illness.

Woke up this morning thinking that most of the times I was in the hospital was for something that I know the drugs caused...suicidal thinking leading to action, and other things I am too embarrassed to  mention.

Sometimes I wonder how I got into this Psychiatric mess and I long to figure out a way out...

I was speaking to a nurse a few days ago who said with my knowledge I could be a case manager or because I was a phlebotomist I would be a good IV nurse but thinking about it yesterday I really want to stay away from the hospital..I think about my back when I was a phlebotomist and it hurt ever time I bent over and with IV's its a lot of bending over and so forth...my resume isn't even put together. I am totally dependent on my husband for food, shelter and medical care.

And when she said I have the knowledge, it seemed to go by the wayside because sometimes I feel with all the drugging I have had in the past my brain seems like mush on some days...

I remember in the past when complaining about an medication effect or something, people would say Why don't you ask your doctor if you can be on something else? Now I just cringe at that idea.. Why would anyone want to trade one psychotic for another? They are all the same, No one knows their mechanism of action...Why would anyone want to put that in their body? Because some doctor who is making a killing on you said you had a mental illness and that is the acceptable way of society? Do what your doctor says even though he doesn't even know what the hell he is doing? that's absurd. And sometimes I have to catch myself when I start thinking maybe its just easier if I take it, the doctor knows what he is doing, I should trust him, etc...Please....I don't want to fall into that trap....when there is so much evidence that they do not know...

So I have spent the last hour formulating this and hope I get some supportive comments..Feeling better today than yesterday....

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad you are feeling better today, there is a lot to be said about support but it isn't always there

for us because most people just don't understand it. I do think that human interaction helps, even on 

a small scale. Just a smile and eye contact with the girl at the supermarket, or a nod and "good morning" 

to a neighbour. Sometimes even that is difficult but it can help. I know myself that it isn't good for me to sit 

inside and not see anyone for days on end but that is what I end up doing! 

You have a lot to offer and i hope that you will find something  that will help you to find some purpose again. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you Mamma P,

I appreciate for someone responding.......

7/12/14-3.75mg

Hi,

I wanted to share with you all about my progress with the Trileptal taper...I am currently taking 450mg am and 300mg pm...I am also attempting to convince my husband or do I really need to...He is the one with the money and I am on his insurance..which sometimes I make the mistake in thinking he has all the control in decisions more than I do...but I think I am wrong there...Anyway, I am considering seeing Kelly Brogan MD in NYC who I am told in by her staff she does not prescribe medication and I thought it was impossible to find a doctor (psyche) who did not do that...She may just be the one for me...who will satisfy my board order and I can get out of this psychiatric strong hold...she is expensive though--825.00 for first consultation..and then 425.00 for 45min session thereafter which I would have to do monthly..and she is 2 hours away..I am excited about the possibility...I know my insurance would cover it at least some if not all..And I am looking for a new therapist...I am tired of all these men therapists and psychiatrists who know nothing about women in general..and are in cohorts with the DSM. Bad enough I have to deal with my husbands testosterone...In general today, I woke up this morning at about 4am with just insatiable anger thinking about what psychiatrists have done to me with their drugs and to other people like on this board. I felt like screaming or hitting the mattress just to satisfy what I was feeling...I decided at that point I needed to stay in control because if I woke up my husband he would not understand, and my fear was that he would do something like call the police or call an ambulance and then I would be in the hospital on more drugs..so I kept quiet and eventually fell back to sleep thinking I could do my tirade in the morning...I spent most of the day at least the morning writing about some of the experiences I have been through and then got a little paranoid thinking that as long as I am seeing the psych that I am seeing  the therapist I am seeing and the husband I supposedly trust and who has put me in the hospital before because he says he knows what's best for me, I found myself feeling very vulnerable and at risk for it happening again...Terrible thoughts, Fears I know...Anyway so I took advantage of the sunlight and walked around midday hoping to see my nurse friend I saw yesterday in the neighborhood but she wasn't out...Then I was on Facebook, alternating with gmail and my long essays about my past psychiatric experiences in the hospitals and so forth...kind of gut wrenching...but I am now going out to dinner to try and discuss this new psychiatrist and my desire to see her. I am almost thinking if he gives me a lot of rift raft about her I may just delve into my retirement acct to see her against his rationalization and wishes....And the new therapist, the woman...thinks that its amazing I have had 28 years of therapy..She had some misinterpretation that I was never helped by it...we will see if she is the right one for me...not sure yet...

7/12/14-3.75mg

Kudos on the many accomplishments today! I hope dinner goes well.

56 years old

You know I think it is rather interesting that most people who have been hospitalized or treated with these toxics do not seem to realize that it is a form of medical abuse in my opinion...Everything I have been through and the constant barrage of messages that I received from these physicians who really know nothing about these drugs but insist you need them even though they cause suicidality even in the trials and how most people recovered without this stuff in clinical trials...I am amazed at the level of deception that is surrounding this issue and how if I had the money and the staff I would create a center where people could learn about getting off these drugs and put psychiatry in a tail spin....It makes me so angry for the years of drugged up cognition I felt listening to these so called experts whose drugs led me to be hospitalized more than once...The amount of psychiatric abuse I call it and how it was pounded into my head that I had an illness just like diabetes or cancer that needed to be "treated" with these psychoactives and at 15 I fell for the punch, my family fell for it and I continued for years allowing the assault on my mind and body...Oh how I would love to open a center...if I just had the money.the need is out there...The public needs to know the truth...These psychiatrists go on NAMI writing articles about psychoeducation and the long term effects of antipsychotics saying it is helpful in the short term for psychosis when they really do not know...Its like Russian roulette with these guys...No one knows but the patients how they feel, what side effects they are having and really how insanely the effects of getting off. I wish Obama would straighten up and put a ban on these drugs, fold the pharmaceutical companies who provide them and stop messing around with people's human emotions...we have been under assault long enough!!!

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Well said! High five!  :mad: 

2002  effexor. 

http://laingsociety.org/colloquia/polofdiagnosis/modelconsent.htm

Please somebody on this board tell me why this is not made mandatory by the APA? And what can we do to make sure it is?!!!

God Damn it...If anyone had given this to me or my mother 29 years ago before Psychiatry and its drugs were introduced into my life and 21 revolving doors of hell could have been avoided...The drugs cause behavioral problems, they do not avoid them...Please can someone get this into their heads? I am a prime example of a life interrupted, almost I say almost because I still have a pulse after what these did to me over and over...my naivete is long gone...

Feeling outraged and determined for someone to stand up and take notice....

7/12/14-3.75mg

Good Morning--

I believe I am in the throes of withdrawal........insomnia and depression the main ones and a fear that police officers will come to my door and 302 me...It happened to me once in 1996, then at least a couple other times...Not while I was in this house....with the exception of last may when my husband called 911....I was on and off again suicidal yesterday and today I am just suffering...But there is something inside of me that is hard to explain except that it is my own will to survive...I know I cannot go to a doctor for fear of them making me worse, I will not go to  a hospital because I will not put myself through that a gain willingly....I have decided to be my own best friends even if there are none that understand what I am going through. I will give myself compassion today in the best ways that I know how.  I know that what I am experiencing is withdrawal and I know from all the stories on this board that going back to see your doctor  tis probably the number one WORSE thing you can do, so I sit here in my suffering waiting for it to end and trying to learn from it if at all possible...I keep telling myself that I can get through this, that I am loved, that I love myself that I will get through this..That this  will pass....Please reach out to me today...

7/12/14-3.75mg

Oh, A, you knew this day would come, and it is here. Remember that these thoughts are not you, and try to distract yourself if possible. Remember gentle exercise is a great smoother-outer. I doubt if anyone who has successfully tapered hasn't up dosed at some time...you can always try going halfway between your present and last doses if needed.

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like those withdrawal waves are crashing over you fiercely at the moment.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  As Meimei suggested, do what you can to distract until it passes.

Sometimes distraction doesn't work.  When symptoms have been at their worst for me, nothing would be able to distract from them, so I would accept them, moment by moment, for as long as it took for them to pass.

Do what you need to do, be very gentle with yourself, I hope this wave passes soon.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

How did your day go?

56 years old

ok I am going to try this for the third time...Seems as though when you hit back space to correct your spelling errors, it makes your whole post disappear...To make this short  because I want to get to bed...It was a good day overall because I was able to express my views about Psychiatry my experiences and do some ranting and raving some to survivors who offered support and then to my therapist who I found out today also takes psychotropics and I tried my best to have a conversation with him regarding that the drugs have the ability to cloud your judgement on what is really going on with you and the only way you know that is when you begin to taper off. Anyway he told me that my case manager had "concerns" about me and whether I was in "compliance" with "treatment" due to the group email I sent to the APA and copied her on pretty much slamming Psychiatrists in that they should be more honest with their patients before they prescribe and label someone with lifelong treatment such as I who believes that the drugs themselves caused more of my problems leading to suicidality on multiple occasions which led me to frequent hospitaliztions and such other oddball behaviors and how I believed that they caused me emotional distress not because I have some emotional disorder that absolutely just needs medication..I also pointed out that they are harming people.

Well she called the therapist and asked if I was in "compliance" That ridiculous psychiatric term...Anyway I assured him that I was coping fine and still on the Trileptal and if she was to call again and question him to tell her that Yes I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing period.  I really don't care what they think at this point because they already have me publicly on the internet as having a so called "mental Illness". He asked me if I still think I am bipolar..I said Honestly at this point after all of this, I really don't know based on the loose checklists and overmedicating psychiatrists I have seen in my lifetime..I said I was a child of God and I don't believe he sees me that way or wants me to believe I am that way. I also told him that not one doctor that I ever saw ever told me that I had bipolar to my face, that when I was a minor my mother had hightailed me to psychologists and psychiatrists doing tests etc...and was the one who orchestrated my life to be groomed as bipolar by encouraging me to attend Nami meetings, DBSA meetings and the like and how deceptive all of this is just so the doctors, pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies get their fill while the rest of us die off of debilitating symptoms unexplained and not lawsuit capable of proving in court the damages incurred because they have a corner on the market.and have figured out a way to protect themselves from us folk..It was an interesting conversation and he said well where do you go from here? And I said I really don't know through all of this..I am in the process of healing and what kind of nursing or nurse do I want to be? Well seeming that nurses are very much part of the pharmaceutical complex I said I really don't know at this point after all of this crap I have been subjected to. As a nurse and why I went into nursing was to heal and protect the public and seeming that I have or had a "mental illness" which supposedly predisposes people to violence which I don't believe either but what I DO know is how the drugs affected me, the constant suicidality which says right on the package..could cause suicidal ideation..talk to your doctor but when you talk to him he asks you what are you doing to "fight" that and doesn't do anything or takes you off the drug like he should but then continues the assault by changing dosages and trying other assaultive drugs...So right now I am at a loss of what to do with my career but on a high note I followed my instincts and canceled my appointment with the AIT lady counselor after I had some serious conversations with my born again friends who as in my faith in talking and believing as I do led me to what I believe is hopefully the right answer for me at this point in my life which consists of developing a relationship with a counselor at the Freedom of Christ ministries in which a good old friend of mine reminded me of some work we did together in that realm which makes perfect sense to me...So tomorrow I will call and seek out counseling from them and hopefully find someone in my area who I am told works with people who are getting off of these meds and putting more of the Word of God into their lives..Makes sense to me and that is where I believe God has been leading me all day through conversations with other people and discussing the right course of action...

But anyway I see that the 3mg melatonin has had no real effect on me yet that I took over 3 hours ago so I will try to lay down and get some rest..Tommorow is a new day filled with the promises of God..and we choose how we want to live it- in the past? or moving towards the future God has for us withdrawal or not..

So I will keep in touch and undoubtedly I will probably be on this board complaining of some symptom or another so stay in touch for More Withdrawal LOL...

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Administrator

Do you like this therapist? He seems like the sort you wouldn't want to tell all to.

I suggest strongly you tell this person only what will work for you, not against you.

Just curious,

What have you learned through your hospitalization?

What were the lessons learned for you?

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Administrator

Sorry, I've never been hospitalized, fortunately.

• Moderator Emeritus

Just curious,

What have you learned through your hospitalization?

What were the lessons learned for you?

Was this a question for anyone in general? 

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Yes it was....For anyone.....

Learned anything useful???

Petu,

How have you been doing off your meds since May?

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for asking, I've been in protracted withdrawal since 2010 without realizing it, so I was doing everything wrong.  May was when I finally understood what was going on and started doing things right, so that's when my proper recovery began.  I'm improving, but very slowly.  I have a lot of symptoms which prevent me from having much of a life, but I do what I can when I'm feeling a little better.

I hope others reply to your hospital question, I would be interested.  I have something I could add, but I'm not sure if it would be helpful or relevant, it was a long time ago and not related to drug withdrawal issues.  Its more related to what to do if you suddenly find yourself in a hospital situation, with no control over what happens to you, no rights and no one listening to anything you say.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• 4 weeks later...

Hi A, Just checking in to see how you are. Things sounded kind of rough in your last postings.

56 years old

• 2 months later...

Hi---

Have a question concerning Remeron at 15mg which I am currently taking...Is it best to taper using oraplus suspension or doing it with water? I can see the benefit of using the suspension vs. the water but I am unsure about this..Has anyone used oraplus with Remeron? I cannot get a liquid form of the Remeron from my doctor due to extenuating circumstances so how should I do it? I am leaning towards the oraplus because with the water it is less soluble and at least with the oraplus it gives a more evenly mixture when withdrawing the medication...Any opinion on the matter?? Anyone with experience on this? Doesn't seem like you are getting the appropriate amount of medication if using the water--uneven amounts due to particles floating or not mixing together right...

Have read the tips on Remeron tapering....

Please let me know soon...

7/12/14-3.75mg

• Administrator

People use both successfully. It's your preference.