Sunny1008

Hypersensitive to B vitamin or B vitamin complex?

Wellbutrinsucks

I took a B12 shot for twitching two weeks ago and it was very activating and made the twitching much worse.

Bee5

Advice I was given by a friend, who is a doctor, is not to take multivitamins or a Vitamin B Complex supplement (one which contains all the Bs). She says that because there are so many micro-nutrients in these supplements, you don't know which are helping and which are harming. She recommends testing for deficiencies, and then supplementing those specific vitamins. I have not done the test yet, but I take Vit B6 when I'm anxious, and folate when I have allodynia. I am trying to learn to listen to my body, instead of taking a broad selection of micro-nutrients.

GiaK

I never found such testing to be either accurate or helpful...I've simply learned to go slow and easy and listen to my body and learn to respond to it...it's really possible to start hearing and following directions from within (for me, anyway) ...  if testing works for y'all go for it...I simply never found most labwork helpful (there have been some very rare exceptions...I never say never, kind of thing, but generally nope. 

I take a b12 supp since I'm not eating meat anymore...but otherwise yeah, eat well and avoid supps...that's wise for anyone with sensitivities...though on occasion supps can be helpful they need to be approached very carefully and slowly, thus minimizing them just makes sense.