namastejen: Remeron, Klonopin, cannot tolerate SSRIs any longer, getting saliva testing

namastejen

• Administrator

What good news! Thank you for updating us, Jen.

Many people find antidepressants too stimulating, that's not an indicator of bipolar disorder.

It sounds like you are learning to take care of yourself.

How did you finally go off the drugs?

Edited by ChessieCat
name change

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• namastejen

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

• Frogie

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I had a hard time staying off any meds. I feel as if once they got it, it’s hard to be off of meds.  As I’ve updated my profile recently, Remeron has been good to me for sleep.  I’m ready to wean off in the coming year. I really want to find homeostasis on my own.  Maybe I’m being too dreamy about this but I’ve done my own work on my traumas and am looking forward to touch work training.  I really feel if I can help to regulate my nervous system well, I can deal with the withdrawals better.  I need to figure out where I can have Remeron as liquid so I can safely titrate down the recommended 10%.  I really feel that is the problem for me—not being properly weaned off meds.  Having a brain that held a lot of trauma and from a very traumatized mom, any major switch freaks it out.  Maybe that is why some people can quit cold turkey and others struggle so much.  I’d like to have a private conversation with you regarding this from a more professional stance.  Let me know if we can.  Thank you.

Current Rx: Levothyroxine 25mcg and Remeron 22.5mg

Past Rx synopsis: birth control, SSRIs, and SNRIs, benzos--not well tolerated

Genetic 23andme testing: slow metabolizer/detoxifier of most drugs, caffeine not well tolerated (anxiety symptoms), some issues with methylation (no methylated B vitamins), estrogens, and sulfur containing items. Wanting to learn more about how to work with mutated genes to improve mild fatigue and mild/moderate irritability

Love yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, somatic therapies, lovingkindness, keeping physically active, helping others, spending time in nature and with family.

• Administrator

FYI Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Please update your signature with the mirtazapine information.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• ChessieCat changed the title to jafalbo: Remeron, Klonopin, cannot tolerate SSRIs any longer, getting saliva testing

I messaged Shep about my username (figured it out) after sending a general contact message.  How do I change my signature? I looked at my profile and there’s an about me section.  Is that it? I’m not familiar with the layout here.  It’s been a while since being on.  Thanks for the help,

Genetic 23andme testing: slow metabolizer/detoxifier of most drugs, caffeine not well tolerated (anxiety symptoms), some issues with methylation (no methylated B vitamins), estrogens, and sulfur containing items. Wanting to learn more about how to work with mutated genes to improve mild fatigue and mild/moderate irritability

Love yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, somatic therapies, lovingkindness, keeping physically active, helping others, spending time in nature and with family.

20 hours ago, namastejen said:

I messaged Shep about my username (figured it out) after sending a general contact message.  How do I change my signature? I looked at my profile and there’s an about me section.  Is that it? I’m not familiar with the layout here.  It’s been a while since being on.  Thanks for the help,

Shep is on leave. Is there something may be able to help you with?

This link will go straight to your signature.  Remember to Save.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

That should get you what you need on your signature.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Shep
updated textbox with new username

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi Frogie, I need my username changed too.  I’d like to change it to namastejen.  Is that possible? I tried to change it years ago when I was a bit more active on my account, but was told back then that I couldn’t.  So Altostrata suggested I reach Shep to do this.  Thanks for the info on the signature.  I’ll give it a try.  Also, let me know about the username when you can.  Take care.

9 hours ago, namastejen said:

Hi Frogie, I need my username changed too.  I’d like to change it to namastejen.  Is that possible? I tried to change it years ago when I was a bit more active on my account, but was told back then that I couldn’t.  So Altostrata suggested I reach Shep to do this.  Thanks for the info on the signature.  I’ll give it a try.  Also, let me know about the username when you can.  Take care.

I’m sorry I don’t know how to change a username. I do know if you change it everything that you have responded to will still show your old username. You’ll need to contact someone else to do that. Glad I could help with the signature though.

Edited by ChessieCat
requoted after name change

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Do you know when Shep will be back? That’s whom Altostrata said to contact about it.  

I see you’ve been tapering down.  How do you obtain liquid Rx?  I’d like to do that for Remeron so that I can avoid the rebound insomnia I’ve read about.  And I don’t mind if it takes me a while to come off.  I had some rapid tapering in the past and I believe it’s caused me a lot of problems. Thanks so much.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

UPDATE for 6/2020: Wow, I read over some of my old posts and am remembering being so cloudy-headed and panicked back in 2013 due to all of the crazy things going on with the Rx.  I truly feel bad for myself and others who have been caught in this broken system of Psych Rx. I don’t see that doctor any longer, who was abruptly taking me off Rx and putting me on the next Rx.  And I think it was about 12 different meds in a 3 month period.  Looking back, I should have reported him for malpractice or ignorance.  I did end up in the hospital in 2013.  It was awful and no one there seemed to think that what happened to me back then was a problem.  They just labeled me with GAD,  gave me a new drug to take as if that was going to fix everything (Cymbalta and Seroquel low dose-sleep), and called it a day.  Not on either any longer.  Did a stint with Ativan but that ship along with Seroquel has sailed a long time ago.

So currently after 3.5 years of being off other ADs or any benzos, are the withdrawals effects from them basically over? Am I just dealing with coming off of 22.5mg of Remeron now in current times in 2020 (when I’m ready to start)? I hope so and hope the merry go round will finally stop when I slowly come off of the Remeron.  

I can look up info now on the forum and other suggested places and feel more level-headed doing it. I am glad for the Remeron but would like to be well on my own, thank you.  So thank you for the kindness and support you showed back then and going forward.  

• Karma changed the title to namastejen: Remeron, Klonopin, cannot tolerate SSRIs any longer, getting saliva testing