SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Audio Tracks for Depression, Anxiety, & Recovery -- includes Binaural Beats & Isochronic Tones

GiaK

With the what I would call the "first wave" binaural beats and similar brainwave entertainment frequencies like in the OP in this thread I had great results for my anxiety and even depression.

The newer ones, mostly made after 2014 either do not  work, or like for Rabe make things even worse. Also lately they are focusing mostly on meditation and chakras or whatever but it's mostly meditation music. The real deal were the old ones.

• Moderator Emeritus

Many years ago, during a bad patch when I was really struggling, I tried a brainwave CD from Immrama Institute.  The main problem was, it was just listening to rain, and I just couldn't sit still and listen to rain, so I hardly used it.  At some later date, I bought some Holosync CDs.  They were much easier to listen to as they had some tibetan bowl sounds (as well as the rain) so it was more tuneful and I could listen to it and relax.  You are supposed to use them sitting up, like a meditation, but I'm rubbish at meditating and sitting still doing nothing, so instead I listened at bedtime lying in bed, and most of the time I went off to sleep. 

I don't know if Holosync would help directly with anxiety and depression, but what I found was that I was able to see my issues more clearly and then work through them.  It's like it made the mindfulness practice of observing easier to do.  After using it for a while I was able to separate different parts of my mind and observe them and analyse them to figure out what was going on.  I used the holosync CDs for a few years, then forgot about them for a few years.  Recently I dug them out again and have been using them to help me sleep (The Dive/Immersion).  It kind of makes sense, as the brainwave patterns it is supposed to be entraining go gradually down to delta waves, which is for deep sleep. 

Holosync is very expensive, but I'm glad I got it as I believe it has done me a lot of good.  I think it can cause issues to come to the fore, which can be really good if you're in a position to work on them, but could be way too stressful depending on what's happening in your life at the time.  For that reason, I would be hesitant about recommending it for those in severe withdrawal or whose systems are very sensitive.  They do have other recordings (that I haven't used much) for more general relaxation.  They offer a free trial demo recording (that is not as strong as the real thing) so you can try it out for free.   

Please note that I am not promoting or recommending this product, just describing my personal experiences with it.  As always, individual responses vary.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• 7 months later...

I've found that a guided meditation with binaural beats in the background is very helpful for winding down at night and for dealing with morning anxiety. The following site has good ones. It posts a new free one each month; the older ones are behind a pay wall. 

The Meditation Podcast

I have also had good luck with just the binaural beats, particularly the ones for sleep available for free (or donation) at this site:

https://free-binaural-beats.com/

I got some flat head phones so you can lie on your side and listen. They are called sleep phones. 

I'm very excited at being able to get symptom relief from these methods. Sometimes it takes a while, but it usually effective. 

---

Lorazepam: (2014-15 1-1.5 mg lorazepam [aka Ativan] at night; 2016 to Nov 2018: 0.75 mg lorazepam at night; Dec 2018: divide dose into 3x a day. Jan 2019: taper 5% every 15 days; Held 9/2019 - 2/2020 at 0.35 mg). March 2020 started 2.5% taper every 15 days. Nov 2020 tapering 5% every 15 days. Dose divided into 2x a day. Now at 0.008 mg March 2023. Sertraline:  Jan 2017 25 mg: began 10% per month taper. Went on "exit strategy" at 0.084 mg Nov 2020 for 8 weeks, 0.042 for 4 weeks, 0.028 for 2 weeks starting 2/25/21, then 0.014 for 2 weeks, then .007 for a while, Done May 4, 2021. Unfortunately due to circumstances I restarted at 25 mg January 2022. New taper began January 2023. 

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Tried with curiosity this afternoon : it didn't seem to help with neuroemotions, but it made me feel very sleepy : might be interesting for bedtime routine.

Here is the one I listened to

As Petunia said above, I find it a bit hard to find ones that don't get annoying. 

My sensitive CNS doesn't seem to bear every kind of sounds, some made me feel unpleasantly weird, stimulated.

As with everything in WD, I would advise caution and start slow and low to see how it affects your CNS.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:03 PM, Tattycorum said:

a guided meditation with binaural beats in the background

Haven't tried one that combine guided meditation with binaural beats. 

Might be interesting to try.

Edited by Erell

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Altostrata changed the title to Audio Tracks for Depression, Anxiety, & Recovery -- includes Binaural Beats & Isochronic Tones

Hello, I can't access your sound files. I clicked on the link https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/5132-audio-tracks-for-depression-anxiety-recovery-includes-binaural-beats-isochronic-tones/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/5132-audio-tracks-for-depression-anxiety-recovery-includes-binaural-beats-isochronic-tones/

and the attached error message was received. Do I need to have an account with "Box"? 

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nadia

643BD66A-D2BF-4750-A0F2-DE4CB107CEE6.png

On many different psychotropic cocktails for over 30 years, but most recently:

600mg Gabapentin, 300mg Lamictal, 30mg lexapro, and 7.5mg Mirtazapine. I weaned off of each seperately, the total time it took me to wean off of all of them was around four months, and waited between 1-2 weeks in between each taper.  I am currently not taking any psychotropic meds. I take synthroid for stabilizing my thyroid function. I also forgot to mention that I had four rounds of TMS, which was wonderfully effective for around 4 months each time, but then stopped helping. It is also exorbitant, and I still have a few thousand dollars worth of medical debt. 

• Moderator Emeritus

@GiaK

The Box.com files are no longer available, I'm assuming because you closed your account.  Do you have them available on your own website?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Bethechange2020 said:

the attached error message was received. Do I need to have an account with "Box"?

I joined Box, which was free for individuals, but the files are no longer available.  I have asked Gia whether they are available on her website in my post above.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, just saw this now. they've not been at box for years! 

a few are left on soundcloud ... here:  

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

here is a playlist I put together and posted on my site as well...  I called it chill and there are seven videos on it...go to youtube to see all the songs here...if you play it here it will play through all of them I think. : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTYiOCNdVO25hLkxCknJHDBwOn3jnXHxQ

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Gia.

@Bethechange2020

• 7 months later...

I was always a fan of binaural beats and they did me a lot good whenever I used them, but now in WD nearly each one makes me anxious and feel extremely at unease.

What I find most amazing though are solfeggio frequencies - and wanted to share them if you never encountered one. I even found them always better than Binaural Beats. They manage to bring out trapped emotions in me or feel on a deeper level, and while I'm numb in WD, they still let me feel and process the sadness and grief or emotions and problems I didn't know I had. It's like a release.

I'll post my favourites.

This one is nice for it has all 9, and you just have to look around which one does you currently best.

This one for anxiety. It calms me immensely, even replaying this in my head lowers my anxiety.

This one might be annoying for some with the glassbead-sounds, but overall I find uplifting.

And finally a track that isn't a frequency, but in my sight is too good to be left out. Mount Shrine is really worth checking out.

January 2021 - Took Effoxor 37.5mg then 75mg

June/July 2021 - Stopped taking Effoxor. (Cold turkey - had to reinstate 37.5mg two days later because of vomiting and then tapered quickly over the next few days). Mild withdrawal that lasted two weeks.

February 2022 - took 7.5mg Mirtazapine

4th April 2022 - stopped taking Mirtazapine 7.5mg (no tapering - I didn’t know about it until I was heavy into withdrawal.)

October 2023 - Escitalopram 1mg for two weeks, stopped because of strong heart issues (not that it did anything else except side effects)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Currently taking Hormonal Contraceptive for PCOS since age of 13 (changed few brands over the years) and Probiotics

Occasionally Vitamins

• 1 year later...

I’m really interested in the use of sound for healing - just before I started cutting down on SSRIs at the start of my ill-fated taper at the start of Covid I did my first gong bath and found it profoundly transformative and healing. I later found out that the gongs are called ‘Chiron’ and felt a nominative connection, being called Kieran. 

I listened to half an hour of the 174HZK piece just now and found it deeply moving - since going into protracted withdrawal I’ve found that listening to negative/spiritual music seems to elicit and release states of deep grief. At the moment, the joyful, pleasurable parts of me feel out of reach unfortunately but I’m reminded that I can feel but the range is somewhat altered. I hope this might one day change as I feel I have so much more engagement with life to do.

I’m going to start engaging in my own personal sound experiences once again. (In recent months I’ve not been able to do so much while coming to terms with the full extent of withdrawal and PSSD.) I hope to gain benefit from it and receive some healing on a cellular level. I’m also going to go to a gong bath for the first time in months! 

I’ve just been reminded of a piece I used to listen to regularly about 10 years ago by Greek artist Iasos called Angels of Comfort which seems to be operating in a solfeggio style frequency and might be of interest.

Jan 2007 - Started 20 mg Prozac 
Early 2008 - 20mg paroxetine. 
2009-11 - 20 mg citalopram

2011-2015 - Prozac 20mg again.

2015 -19 -prescribed 50mg of Sertraline. 

2019 - I switched to Prozac (taken intermittently)

Aug 2022 - Stopped medication

June 2023 - reinstated sertraline.  25mg every day.
From late Aug 2023 trying to stabilise on 12.5mg daily

From Sep 30 2023 - tapered to 11mg of sertraline

From Oct 30th 2023 - tapered to 10.1mg sertraline 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy