Janie

Instant relief for tingling in extremeties

Janie

I've discovered a technique and wanted to see if it will work for others.  If I feel tingling starting in my feet and/or hands, I breathe in as much air as possible. The extra oxygen seems to immediately make the tingling stop. 

The deep breath is more than a normal deep breath. I first extend my stomach to bring air into the bottom of my lungs, then keep breathing in more and more until I cannot breathe in another speck of air and I am tensed with the attempt to fill lungs, trachea and throat with air  There is no need to hold, just expel it.  Tingling is gone and usually stays gone.

Perhaps it works for me since my tingling may be related to shortness of breath/ heart palpitations.  A lack of oxygen in blood is apparently the cause, at least for me. Or maybe a lack of carbon dioxide - as what happens in a panic attack ?-- too much oxygen and not enough C02?? I dunno !! I just know it works for me.

lexicon

Thank you very much Janie!

I too am suffering from shortness of breath and tingling in hands and feet.

At what position to you start doing the breathing?

Sitting, laying down, or does it matter?

Thank you again, I will try it.

Sending you warm thoughts of wellness and healing ..

Love, Lexi

Janie

I think I've tried it in various body positions. It always seems to help.  This is not for the internal tingling / trembling feeling I get all over sometimes.  It's just for the tingling that feels like my feet or hand is about to 'go to sleep'.  Good luck with it.

Altostrata

This sounds like a circulation problem. If you're getting it while you're sitting at the computer, you also need to get up, stretch, and move around.