Littleredhead I am new

Littleredhead

Hello again Alto, yes I do take Fish oil and magnesium.  I take 2400 mg of fish oil a day and a calcium,magnesium, zinc and Vit D supplemnt twice a day.  Also take 1000 mg of Vit C, B-6 100 mg., once a day, 1000 mg. garlic and 2 tablespoons of Lecithin a day on my morning cereal.  I had not read about the blue light before, but that makes so much sense to me.  Thank you so much for the links for the glasses, I'm going to order some right away as they are not that expensive at all.  I've put aluminum foil on my bedroom windows and really dark curtains and found that did help me to sleep a little longer in the mornings.  My bedroom window faces East, so I would get that early morning light coming in and that would be it, I would be awake and had to get up no matter how much I didn't sleep the night before.  I thought I was doing so good for a while, and then bam, the past week to 10 days I've been really sensitive to everything.  Thank you for all your great advice.  By the way, I grew up in Northern California, Marin County, lived in a little town called Novato.  Always loved going to San Fran for concerts at Filmore West.  Haven't been back that way since my 30 year high school reunion some years back.  Novato had not changed all that much to my surprise, but San Fran, had really improved from my old hippie days back in the late 60's.  Wish I could afford to move back to California as life here in Texas is a real hell sometimes.  Peace.

Cymbalta 2006-2008

Pristiq Dec. 2008 to present

Starting Effexor this week to wean from Pristiq

11-14-2013 Started Effexor, 50mg in morning, 25mg. in evening.

12-4-2013 cut 25 mg. evening tab in half will stay at two 25 mg. in morning and 1/2  25 mg. tab in evening for 4 weeks.

Goal:  Off all Anti-Depressants in 2014

Off Effexor January 30, 2014.  NEVER AGAIN will I allow a doctor to talk me into any medication!

• Administrator

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all.  Checking in with some news about my inability to sleep.  I live in Texas, and have found a sleep aid from a pharmacy called CVS.  It is called Somnapure PM. It is made by a company in Boston, MA.  Their website is www.peaklife.com   The ingredients are Bromelain, a natural extract derived from the stems of pinneapples, which help with aches and pains that keep some of us up at night.  Bromelain is 400 mg. of the supplement.  There is also Malatonin, 4 mg. and 600 mg. of what they call the complete tranquility blend, which includes, Valerian extract, hops extract (humulus lupulus) (flower) and Lavendar (lavandula angustifolia) (flower).  The directions state that you take two capsules 30 to 60 mins. before bedtime.  I have used this supplement for 5 nights now and am amazed at how much better I have slept.  Instead of waking every couple of hours all night long, I have only awakened once each night because I needed to go to the bathroom.  I have actually gotten some good sleep these past 5 nights, which has made my life during the day, so much easier.  I wanted to share this news with others on this site, as I have received so much good info and help here.  Peace to all.

Cymbalta 2006-2008

12-4-2013 cut 25 mg. evening tab in half will stay at two 25 mg. in morning and 1/2  25 mg. tab in evening for 4 weeks.

Off Effexor January 30, 2014.  NEVER AGAIN will I allow a doctor to talk me into any medication!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for the update LRH, I'm glad that you have found something to help with sleep. 

Maybe you could post your experience with it  in symptoms and self care? More people will see it there

and might find it helpful. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/555-tips-to-help-sleep-so-many-of-us-have-withdrawal-insomnia/

It makes a huge difference when you can get some sleep and I'm so pleased for you. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks for the advice MamaP.  I did go and put the info in the symptoms and self care section.   I hope the info helps others.  I am on day 6 of sleeping all night, and only getting up once to use the bathroom.  I am feeling so much better these last few days of getting some good sleep.  I also ordered some amber tinted glasses from a site that Alto suggested to me.  I wear them starting around 6 pm in the evening to help me start getting ready for sleep later when I go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00 pm.  That, I think, has helped me too.  Many thanks for your suggestion,  Peace, Littleredhead

Cymbalta 2006-2008

• Administrator

Good to hear you're doing better, LRH. Let's hear it for those mysterious amber glasses!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.