Hi I am new my name is pink

Hi I want to introduce myself I am "pink" I have suffered depression since I was a teenager, I am in my fifties now I am currently not taking any meds I was on effexor 75mg but had severe side effects so after much reasearch on the internet about withdrawal weened myself off slowly and have now been drug free for approx 2 years . I still suffer from depression but choose to deal with it drug free.

Hi Pink... welcome to SA! Congratulations on being drug free. I hope it won't be long before I can say the same thing. Many of us would love some ideas on coping with depression drug free. Please pass them along.

The majority of the people on this forum are on during the day, so you'll get many more responses tomorrow.

Again... glad you are here!

Charter Member 2011

Thanks for the welcome summer .I cant offer any advice for coping with depression like I said I suffer, I have good days but also have long periods where you just dont want to get out of bed but would rather be drug free . I hope to hear from others about how they cope.

OMG PINK!! I just checked my email and now realize who you are. I'm sooooooo happy to see you, and so will so many others who are here!! :D

Big hugs to you!!

Charter Member 2011

I heard all the meowing coming from this thread and thought I'd better check it out!

Welcome, pink!

/\ /\ _____

(=' u'=) /

/

(")_(")

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

OK, I'm not going to waste the rest of the night trying to figure out what's going wrong there. :blink:

I think my ASCII kitty had too much Brandy. :angry:

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Welcome to SA, Pink! So glad to see you here. Long time no see... We were worried about you. But all is well that ends well. :) Yes, you're still in WD, but it will be getting BETTER. {{HUGS}}

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Pink..........

welcome to SA! Congratulations on being drug-free. That's a huge accomplishment and a liberating act.

Sorry to hear that you're still dealing with depression but good to see that you are choosing to manage it. I'm sure the level of depression will ease over the course of time.

Punar

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

Be Not Afraid of Growing Slowly. Be Afraid of Only Standing Still.

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"

hello Pink !

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Hi Punar and Stan great to see you both I hope your withdrawal is getting easier.

Thank you Pink!

Punar

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

Be Not Afraid of Growing Slowly. Be Afraid of Only Standing Still.

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"