squirrel

Sudden fear, terror, panic, or anxiety from withdrawal

thecowisback

exactly that- i'm scared of my family a lot of the time, especially the ones i don't see very often. i hide from the neighbours as i cannot bear talking to them - it's impossible without knotting up and sweating. i used to have so much confidence and now i can't say boo to a goose. 

DMV64

You are not alone. I experience the same. I can say that I now have some days where it is better. I also used to be totally confident. This is hard to accept. JanCarol has given me a lot of coping strategies (in my thread). Sometimes I use adult coloring books. Sometimes I use cold therapy which is really great. You either get in a cold shower or use ice on your face and you run it over your face or at least 30 seconds and hold your breath while you’re doing it and it brings down your nervous response. I also have taking up knitting but I’m not very good.

thecowisback

👍👍👍

Vonnegutjunky

Same here, crippling fear when I have to get up and use the toilet....just makes not one bit of sense....its the thing that keeps me thinking of going on a new med and just staying there forever....I get so desperate sometimes....

DMV64

Yes yes!! But remember it passes!  That’s what I try to do

thecowisback

yep, if i have to get up in the night it's a race to use the toilet and get back to bed before the thoughts kick in and start to terrify me. 

i hoped going back on prozac would lower this fear but no luck so far 😑

DMV64

@GiaK I live with it everyday. It is great to fine this thread and the links. Can't wait to read later!

Tweet
Posted (edited)

Topic title:  How does the anxiety fade away?

Does it lower in overall intensity and gradually leave, or does it happen fewer and fewer days?

I am in a cycle of high anxiety for several days until I just break down from it followed by a couple of days of relief where I feel totally normal except for being drained of energy.

I feel very near the end of this but I am so intensely anxious on those several days I feel like I might have a heart attack or something.

Hope someone can help with this.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title