Self Talk the Key To a Healthy Self Esteem

Nikki

That is a title from one of Lucinda Bassett's CD's for Attacking Anxiety and Depression.  I remembered it yesterday and decided to put it to use for myself.

The suggestion is to speak to ourselves in a soothing manner, no criticism, acceptance of the anxious feelings and to remind ourselves that "it's just anxiety and it will pass, it always does."

It's almost like talking someone down from a ledge for alot of us.

I did have anxiety this morning and this is what I did.  I have always been ultra sensitive and prone to anxiety, but I have to remember the undercurrent of having just stopped the Celexa.  It's in the mix.

I keep waiting for life to get easier and it does not seem to be happening.  Hmmm

Hugs 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

That is a title from one of Lucinda Bassett's CD's for Attacking Anxiety and Depression.  I remembered it yesterday and decided to put it to use for myself.

The suggestion is to speak to ourselves in a soothing manner, no criticism, acceptance of the anxious feelings and to remind ourselves that "it's just anxiety and it will pass, it always does."

It's almost like talking someone down from a ledge for alot of us.

I did have anxiety this morning and this is what I did.  I have always been ultra sensitive and prone to anxiety, but I have to remember the undercurrent of having just stopped the Celexa.  It's in the mix.

I keep waiting for life to get easier and it does not seem to be happening.  Hmmm

Hugs 

Hello Nikki, I can relate to what you're saying here.  While talking to my sister-in-law last night, she reminded me about how I used  to tackle stuff in my life before AD's.  I was a person who would meditate to beat stress as I worked in a high stress environment.  Of course when you meditate, you self talk.  I am finding that this "self talk" is helping me a great deal right now.  I'm one week into my switch from Pristiq to regular Effexor and am finding that the meditation and listening to meditation music as I fall asleep has helped with my headaches, tinnitus and sensitivity to sudden loud noises.  It helps too, to read other people's experiences while going through this process.  I'm glad you remembered the self talk and shared it here Nikki.

Cymbalta 2006-2008

Pristiq Dec. 2008 to present

Starting Effexor this week to wean from Pristiq

11-14-2013 Started Effexor, 50mg in morning, 25mg. in evening.

12-4-2013 cut 25 mg. evening tab in half will stay at two 25 mg. in morning and 1/2  25 mg. tab in evening for 4 weeks.

Goal:  Off all Anti-Depressants in 2014

Off Effexor January 30, 2014.  NEVER AGAIN will I allow a doctor to talk me into any medication!

• 1 month later...

F- false

E- evidence

A- appearing

R- real

Love this :)

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013

"The tongue has the power of life and death." (Proverbs 18:21)

insomnia, anxiety, depression- since childhood

lyme disease, dysautonomia, chiari malformation- dx 4/1997

nortriptyline- 75mg since childhood

clonazepam- 3mg since 4/1997

trazodone-100mg since 4/2013, now tapering

rotating antibiotics and antimalarials for lyme disease

midodrine- 10mg for dysautonomia

repeated skull surgeries for chiari malformation

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy