Scientific evidence regarding withdrawal syndrome

doref11

can Someone give me a link with Official and Scientific Article or Document that Proves ssri/snri are Really Addictive?

i am Sure Someone Research  it

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

you said that that Withdrawal Syndrome can takes a Months and Years. but:

in the Medical literature and Scientific documents Write that Withdrawal Syndrome Always ends After a few weeks and not after Months or Years. How do you explain this? 

did the Medical Scientific dont Researcher about that

can tou give a Document that Proves your Claim?

• Administrator

The medical literature is misleading regarding the duration of withdrawal syndrome.

Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc. 2005 Apr-Jun;14(2):58-62.
Do antidepressants cause dependence?
Haddad PM.

In most patients discontinuation symptoms are mild and short lived. However symptoms can cause significant morbidity, they may be misdiagnosed leading to inappropriate treatment, they may adversely effect future antidepressant compliance and they may prevent some patients stopping antidepressant treatment. In the context of this paper, a key question is whether this last effect indicates that antidepressants cause addiction/dependence....

Also see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5173-protracted-withdrawal-is-a-real-syndrome/

doref, please stop asking this question until you read at least the supplied links regarding withdrawal syndrome.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

doref,

Im not on any ADs, but if you are and want to withdraw from them, then I think you should just give it a go and see for yourself how long it does take you to get off of them. Then you wont have to ask the question or read anything unless you want to.

Its most likely an individual experience. Maybe it will be hard and maybe it wont. Try it and see if you wish to know. Youll have your own personal experience which is very important when asking a question like this.

Marie

On Xanax 10 years for anxiety, 2 mgs, night only. Attempted my own taper w/o understanding the dependency issues.

Researched and then understood the need for longer half life med. Doctor crossed me from X to klonopin 4 times in 6 months. Last time on X, she up dosed me to 3 mgs X.

On last cross attempt, ended up in ER with profound w/d sx from X. Got new doctor. Final cross to K, structured, slow was completed 6/5/12-12/5/12.

Attempting liquid micro taper from K. Difficulty with micro cuts; significant w/d sx requiring several weeks of holding after each cut. Also concerned if it's possible to use pill/liquid combo for dosing.

Hope I Meet Other Benzo Taperers Here! I have tried ADs in past. Could not tolerate them, gave up trying, none for over 12 years.

I never thought quitting anti depressants would be this hard. I guess it goes to show the addictive and dependent nature of this medication.

Began taking 50 mg of Zoloft for 6 months before tapering down to 25 mg for 3 months. Changed to 50 mg of Pristiq for 3 months, after 3 months was was put onto 50 mg of Clomipramine before gradually progressing to 200 mg as well as being instructed to cut the Pristiq in half and take it with the Clomipramine.