Laineyk: back for another shot of antidepressant freedom

laineyk

• Administrator

Mercury in your fillings is not the cause of withdrawal symptoms.

Let's see what happens at the lower dosage for a few days.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laineyk

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

• peggy

Top Posters In This Topic

what about B vitamins? specifically B-12..... can that cause anxiety

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
back on at 50mgs Dec 2013
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
March 2015 started 1.25mg lorazepam
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL
Taking lorazepam 1.25mg daily

• Administrator

Yes, B12 can cause anxiety. Try only a little bit at a time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

so I am going to start journaling my road to recovery

Today I went to 50mgs after taking 62.5 for 2 days

I will remain on this dose for 6-8 weeks and will see where I am at then

symptoms are as follows: 1. ANXIETY BAD

2. dizziness

3. headaches & neck tension

4. stomach problems

5. dry eye and blurred vision

6. head is in a fog

7. sensitive to noise & light

to think that a year ago I was working everyday, living life to the fullest, enjoying my grandson (have a new one coming in April) being a MOM...and completely anxiety free

today I can not work, am not living just watching others live, barely can be with my grandson because I feel so sick all the time, and so full of anxiety I can't think straight.

Please God rescue me out of this miry pit!!!!

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL

I was put on it for insomnia and mild anxiety....now my anxiety is totally consumed me...I want to believe that there is a way to do this without an SSRI

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Well my anxiety was getting to me so much. I saved for the last four months and scraped together the $450.00 and saw a hypnotherapist today. The session took about two and and a half hours. I have a cd of the session and I will listen to it 21 times over the next 30 days. I pray it helps me. It will be a lot of work but I need to do something while I am weaning off my meds. I believe in hypnosis and have wanted to do this for years. It will work if I work at it. I have to do something different now. Remember by taking psych meds we have changed our brains. It will take time to go back to before the meds. Even then i had anxiety. The difference is I feel i am learning tools to cope with my anxiety. All the best to you. Let's stick together it has to get better.

Lexapro 20 mg.since Aug 2009

Lamotrigine -100 mg. sept. 2009

Seroquel-50 mg.

down from 100 for 6 months.

Been going off and on lexapro since October 2012

off and on Lamotrigine since October 2012.

Incidentally, massive headaches and monthly vomiting has ceased

since October 2012.

So right now no lexapro since Dec. 28th after only taking 15 tables from Nov.12-to Dec.28,2012.

No lamotrigine since mid October 2012.

50 MG. seroquel at bedtime since June 2012.

LK I got off an ssri back in January 2009. It was Lexapro. It was a rough tapering process.

I was on Imipramine (a tricyclic) instead. I had anxiety and alot of it. I believe for myself that there was a Protracted WD from Lexapro coupled with job loss, alimony loss, etc.

I really don't know if I will ever be free from anxiety. I don't know if these meds set me up for more of what I bargained for.

I keep aiming/praying and trying to get myself to a better situation in life financially.

I own my home and do not have a mortgage. I am not in debt. After the job loss I went thru most of my savings. paid of credit cards, really don't use them. Medical bills nailed me big time. COBRA and out of pocket expenses.

I get anxiety over big bills. I belly-ache on here alot about that.

So in answer to your question it has not happened for me.

More people than ever before began taking anti-anxiety medication after the economy crashed in 08-09. We seem to live in an anxiety-producing environment these days.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Lainey, I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood. I suggested staying at 62.5mg and see how you do.

Two days at 62.5mg wasn't enough. It takes about 4 days for the decrease to register in your bloodstream. You just jumped from 75mg to 50mg, with a short hop to 62.5mg. I hope that wasn't too much of a drop.

Okay, I would stay at 50mg for at least 3-4 weeks.

• Moderator Emeritus

anxiety is a withdrawal symptom - the aim is to taper slow enough that we avoid any withdrawal symptoms.

i have come off too fast in the past and have been slammed with that unrelenting gut churning anxiety. the only thing that relieved it was updosing and allowing it to stabilise - slow process, but fortunately for me i did stabilise.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

Anxiety is crippling. The reason I first sought help was due to social anxiety, I was extremely withdrawn and avoidant in social situations. Unfortunately, my psychiatric treatment actually made my symptoms worse. Then I started a large benzo dose to manage the anxiety.

As I've reduced or stopped my medications the anxiety has come back. Sometimes it is entirely overwhelming. But I do think that today, as opposed to earlier in my life, I am better able to cope with it. Sometimes I just try to laugh and say "Withdra-wal!" to myself. Other times I think of how great this anxiety is as it's helping to regenerate my stress tolerance.

Often though, I forget all of this because the anxiety is too strong. Sometimes I am overcome with fear and I can't see through it.

I will no better as I decrease my benzo dose further and furhter. I imagine I'll always have to live with some measure of this anxiety. Accepting that is, possibly, one way to lessen its likelihood.

But, it's awful. Sometimes really, really bad anxiety isn't so bad because it gets to the point where I don't care if I wake up alive or not. Once I'm in that state it's hard to feel anxious about anything. It's peaceful in a way, like pure acceptance that life is over.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

Totally what Peggy said (are we sisters?). I've had crippling anxiety/insomnia from too fast tapering (and c/t in the past)and still prone :(

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

OH NO!!!!!! So the answer is "NO".....shall I start seeing a psycho;ogist? Because I can not function with all this anxiety. maybe I will need a benzo for life

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

Anxiety is crippling. The reason I first sought help was due to social anxiety, I was extremely withdrawn and avoidant in social situations. Unfortunately, my psychiatric treatment actually made my symptoms worse. Then I started a large benzo dose to manage the anxiety.

Often though, I forget all of this because the anxiety is too strong. Sometimes I am overcome with fear and I can't see through it.

I will no better as I decrease my benzo dose further and furhter. I imagine I'll always have to live with some measure of this anxiety. Accepting that is, possibly, one way to lessen its likelihood.

Hi Alex,

Does klonopin still reduce your anxiety (have a clinical effect), or do you medicate to keep from going into WD. Has the anxiety, for which you were originally prescribed the benzos, remained pretty much the same?

Skyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

I can say that when I 1st started on klonopin last June, I was taking .25mg bid and it was the best...but I was on zoloft and increasing my dose. since I came off of the zoloft & then have been trtying to RI it has not been effective. I continue to take it because I can not handle to W/D at this time.

I should say it helps a bit but nothing like before. I have HAD to increase to 1.25mgs a day to just have some bit of calm. I take .5 am, .25mg afternoong , .5 HS every 8 hours

back last summer I even got by with .25 once a day often...W/D from the zoloft has sucked the life out of me

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Ok sorry, I keep throwing myself all over the place but now I stay put but heres a question with all the jumping around I have been doing I still have had at least 50mgs in me for at least 22 days, does that count?

I have a feeling that theis RI is just not going to work. should have stayed at 150mgs back last summer when at least I was having some relief...even though I went from 50 to 150 which is a big jump and my hands shook like parkinsons daily. I still didnt feel this sick

I appreciate all the support I am getting here please do not grow tired of my whining

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Hang in there, Laney! What you are feeing is legitimate and real, not whining. You are asking good questions, it's just hard to focus on the answers right now for you. When I go back and re-read what I was going through and getting good advice, but it wasn't sinking in, that is part of your withdrawal symptoms cuz your brain is bouncing around everywhere! I sure wish you weren't going through this. I tell people I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! Just remember to breathe, watch some comedy quietly.... ha ha... I couldn't handle noise or light... but some soft background music or white noise might help. I will continue to pray for some quick relief. That shaking is awful! Just know we are over here rootin' for you! You CAN get through this. :)

Age 11-Depressed~14-Use alcohol and drugs~20-Prozac~21-Zoloft~29-Paxil; Used for 2 yrs; took 5 yrs to recover memory back~39-Raw Thyroid for low T3 & take Prilosec~40-Zoloft stops working, so Lexapro; doesn't work; start counseling. Start 300mg Omega 3 Fish Oil & Vit B Complex. Feel better. Taper off Lexapro unsuccessful~41 (5/22/11)-Quit Lexapro, b/c pills at once. Breakdown at work~(6/26/11)-Start 5mg Lexapro to help WD symptoms~(6/30/11)-Feel better; Able to go back to work.~(9/6/11)- Better! Delay tapering.~(11/14/11)-Taper by skipping 4th day.~(11/20/11)-Crashed. Need another strategy.~(1/14/12)-Start 25mg Zoloft w/Lexapro. Taper to 1/4 Lexapro; success.~(2/17/12)-Stop Lexapro.~43 (2/12/13)-Am great; still on 25mg Zoloft.(9/13/14) Off all meds over a year! :)

• Administrator

Lainey, stay on 50mg for at least 3-4 weeks.

No, your past dosage does not "count."

You cannot tell if this reinstatement is going to work or not. You have to see how your symptoms change.

Please do not let your anxiety persuade you to jump around any more in dosage.

alto thank you, I will listen to you and not the stinking Drs anymore.....its because of them that I am where I am today.

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

laineyk I think zoloft is pretty evil, I struggled with it for some years, but a few years down the road and I am SO much better anxiety wise than I was back then,coming off it gave me crippling anxiety/akathisia, it CAN all get better, anxiety may not totally disappear out of our lives but it can get better with time.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

i Pray that you are right

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

Anxiety is a common withdrawal symptom. We recommend people taper carefully to avoid withdrawal symptoms like anxiety.

That is why we advocate a slow taper. You can minimize withdrawal symptoms like anxiety by tapering more gradually.

I feel like total crap today. Just fell apart crying to my husband. Stomach was REALLY off all day and my head just feels so weird, cant even describe it. This is going to be rough as if it hasnt already

Im finding it so hard to do anything now. I feel like I am in slow motion always

I need real help

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

today has been better then yesterday. not as anxious and stomach is much better, never took any magnesium or fish oil or vit D today...wonder if that has anything to do with it?

going to try and be brave & go out to Walmart!!!!! Whoooopie doo...right? but right now everything seems so hard.

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

Vitamin D might be activating for you.

I suggest adding the fish oil back in, but a little bit, for a few days and see if it has any effect on your symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

i think its a good sign that you were a little less anxious today - anxiety sucks the life force out - i try so hard to let it be in the background and focus on doing something (anything) it can be very tiring, but i think it helps.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

Ok I will take the fish oil tomorrow along with the Vit C

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

so today is day 8 of being back down to 50mgs zoloft. Yesterday I fell totally apart at aroung 4:30, my head hurt so bad & my stomach was so upset & I felt so dizzy....thought I wanted my huby to take me to the hospital...crying uncontrollably.

he was able to calm me down & eventually my stomach settled down too.

I will say that I think my anxiety is starting to decrease by a smidgen...not crawling out of my skin the last couple days, but still feel really off kilter and head feels like mush.

this has been the worst experiance of my life and I feel so guilty because I know someone who is battling Cancer stage 4...and she seems to be able still have a life, me...I am frozen in time...when I do leave the house I have to make sure Im not feeling to dizzy or I have to have my husband drive me.

still can not handle being around alot of ppl. I can go in and out of a store quickly because I dont have to talk to anyone, but to go to church or any thing that remotely would have me have to be socialble...FORGET IT!!!!!

Since Novemeber I have changed my doses 10 times!!!!! Thats right you heard me, 10 times

Nov 17 started Lexapro 5 mgs

Nov 24 10 mg lexapro

Nov 27 started back on 25mg zoloft

Dec 26 37mgs zoloft

Jan 2 50 mg zoloft

Jan 13 75 mg zoloft

,Jan 23 100 mgs zoloft only 2 days

Jan 25 50 mg zoloft

Feb 5 75 mgs zoloft

Feb 13 62.5 mgs zoloft

Feb 15 50 mgs zoloft which brings me to today

my CNS is so disturbed at this point that I can only pray that I will get well sooner or later. right now it doesnt even seem possible

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Hugs! This is a time to just hold on...just staying alive is success. I went off Cymbalta c/t and didn't even know it (long story). On my worst days, my husband drove me around the countryside to get out of the house but not have to relate to anyone outside the family. It ended up becoming a family tradition, in a good way. I also had hot tea at 4 p.m. as my girls were coming home from school and I was terrified I couldn't handle them. Good luck! Meimeiquest

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

another day down....started out kinda bad but I went out to Library and walmart (forced myself) after taking afternoon dose of klonopin I have been more relaxed

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Just keep counting them down. That is what it will take.

Your husband sounds like a really good guy, so supportive. My husband would be pulling his hair out & yelling, "take a higher dose! take a higher dose!" :lol:<_<

Are you able to sleep at night? Are you doing anything for exercise? I am finding that exercise, especially walking, is saving me. I live in a very hot climate so I am sunburning and sweating while walking outside now in February :o but if it isn't a blizzard where you are, walking outside does so much for a body. I see a HUGE difference in my anxiety when I do this.

Lexapro/Escitalopram

- many attempts at taper were unsuccessful until I stopped taking hormonal birth control

- successful taper & Lexapro-free as of Dec 2015

today I took only .25mgs klonopin this morning and for whatever reason I have been calmer then when I take .5mgs

I am going to go ahead and take the other doses the same & hope I do ok

I usually take .5mg 6:00am .25mg 2:00pm .5mg 10:00pm

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

today is day 16 on 50mg zoloft and I tried taking .25mg of the klonopin this morning instead of .5 mgs since the 5 does NOTHING at all...well its a crap shoot cuz I still feel like crap.

I know I have to give this more time but do any of you think that the klonopin might be making it worse?

I will not increase the dose , have already done that from 1mg a day to 1.25mgs a day...really feel no effect from it in the morning whatsoever...sometimes I think it makes me more anxious if that could be possible which the Dr says "NO"...its the zoloft and all the changes Ive made

this is the longest hardest time I have ever had with this and its so discouraging because I feel as if I will never be the same again

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

Benzos can have paradoxical effects, doing the opposite of calming.

You will have to give your reinstatement more time, Lainey. Be patient. Let your nervous system settle down.

Don't jump around in dosage of the benzo, either.

I've been where you're at right now with multiple meds and frequent dose changes. It's horrible and crazy-making and scary.

The most important thing I've learned -- and it took a long time for the lesson to really sink in -- is that often the best thing you can do is NOTHING. Hit the pause button, hold everything where it is right now. And then just stay there for as long as needed. That's the hard part. You feel terrible and are desperate for something, anything that will make it better. But the only thing that's going to help is time. Your nervous system needs time to catch its breath, so to speak.

Hang on, Lainey. This is a long, hard road with no shortcuts, but we're all slogging along it with you. Please take Alto's advice to heart and give this more time.

Hugs,

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

Sparrow & alto and all, I can not express the gratitude I have for having pp who actually been there and know what its like.

I am staying put for now...dr will see me in 4 weeks and we will see whats up then. I guess your right Alto, that I need to just plug along with the klonopin and not mess with that either.

as you all can tell I am desperate for relief...and am so impatient. I have NEVER been one to sit around and not be busy constantly, so being unable to do things raises my anxiety even more.

I find it hard to watch tv, or talk and socialize with ANYONE...very sound sensitive. I can read a bit but cant keep my mind focused, I started knitting again that helps a bit...but even getting on the computer will become over stimulating to me at times...so I sit and stare at the walls

Im increasing my magnesium in hopes that it will help with this horrible akathasia....I have to be moving some part of my body constantly and its nerve wracking

today is day 17 on 50 mgs and no change whatsoever yet.

please oh please do not tire of my whining

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

You may be light-sensitive and want to cut down on that type of stimulation for a while. See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/304-light-sensitive-try-blocking-out-blue-light/ and other topics on light sensitivity in the Symptoms and Self-care forum.