Laineyk: back for another shot of antidepressant freedom

laineyk

• Moderator Emeritus

Lainey,

Just try to be consistent with your meds, it will get better. I consider myself stabilized but still not where I'd hope to be. I'm much, much better and functional, sometimes I almost feel like myself.

It just takes time and patience. We can't fix ourselves by changing things and,often, we want to do that.

I'm sorry you're still struggling so! Hang in there, it happens gradually and, too many times, slowly.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laineyk

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

• peggy

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so yesterday I had to tell this MINDLESS robot (p/doc) that I would NOT increase neither the zoloft or the klonopin. that I will give the zoloft some more time and if anything then I will be weaning S L O W L Y off the zoloft

I found out this morning that I do indeed have H-pylori (pretty severe case of it too) which would explain the added feeling like crap for so long. starting tomorrow I have to take a triple med for 14 days to combat the H-pylori, hopefully then I will have some strength

today has been a pretty ok day. went over to my daughters all day to help with the newborn and my 21month grandson. I felt ok, not GREAT, but not a total mess so theres something to Praise God for!!!!

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
back on at 50mgs Dec 2013
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
March 2015 started 1.25mg lorazepam
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL
Taking lorazepam 1.25mg daily

• Moderator Emeritus

that's great Lainey!

Well done for standing your ground with the P/Doc

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

I'm so glad in a perverse way that you have H.pylori. I wish there was a master checklist of all the things that can go wrong physically and cause what feels like mental distress. Get well soon!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Good for you, Lainey! Glad to hear you had a better day.

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

today is day three of triple antibiotic therapy for my H-pylori...oh did I mention I have H-pylori, thus the weight loss and half of all the other symptoms I have been feeling!

so as far as the zoloft is concerned I have no idea how its doing because this therapy is the Chemo for H-pylori....leaves you with basically nothing, no energy. excruciating headaches, depression...all that and the nausea, diareha etc....

have to be on this crap for 14 days......UGH

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL

• Administrator

Wow, H. pylori. Good for you that you tracked it down.

Keep everything stable until you are out of the H. pylori treatment. You may need probiotics to restore your gut microbes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

so day 10 of the treatment and its NOT been fun. I have felt more depressed and anxious during all this.

So heres the question: once I am done with treatment (in 4 more days, thank you Jesus) then I think they will retest me in a month. Should I try going up on the zoloft or just give in that its not working anymore?

I am so tired of feeling like CRAP for a year now. I can not understand why my hands tremble everyday off and on.

I know I sound like a broken record but I just do not know what to do OOH and the best part is the psychiatric place I go to who has a Doctor and handful of Nurse practioners (which I have been seeing) all have left but two!!!! whats that say about the place?

So now I think I am just going to see my GP because she would give me just as much advice as I have gotten from these BOZOS

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

See how you feel after the H. pylori treatment is over.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

update, I am seeing GI in an hour, I have been finished with treatment for 4 days now and there has been some improvement with gut symptoms, but not gone completely.will be tested next for Candida.

if that comes back positive than I will need to address that issue too

am seeing my GP next week because I need answers as to why I feel so spacey and off balanced, base of skull and neck ache which gives me daily headaches

not sure what to do about the zoloft....I still "need" the klonopin daily, I have less depression but still pretty anxious...ugh!!!!!

is it time to increase the zoloft for 4 weeks to see if that helps, or should I just try another anti d?

Love to hear from all who have an opinion

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd stay where you are on Zoloft, stop looking for a solution in a pill and find other ways to manage your anxiety, which still may be related to your gut problems.

We cannot advise people on taking other drugs.

• 3 weeks later...

so heres where Im at. I have increased the zoloft to 100 mgs because I was not stabilizing and I HAVE to get my life back!!!!!!

I will retest for the H-pylori on Friday and see where I am with that. still losing wt and stomach issues are still pretty bad

on June 5th I begin the process of haveing a total of NINE mercury fillings replaced...$7000,00!!!!!!!!!! thats without insurance. But all the studies have shown that alot of ppl have anxiety and depression due to these fillings

I will probably come back after this is all done and tell if I have become anxiety free

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• 3 weeks later...

update time, HP has been eradicated, but had hydrogen breath test on Monday last week and now I have "SIBO" (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) so I need to go on yet another antibiotic for 2 weeks!

I am week 3 of 100mgs and still 1mg of clonazepam small bit of improvement, but hard to tell when your GUT is so sick.

I have lost so much weight 189lbs to 143lbs

oh and to top it all off, when they did a CT scan of abd & pelvis, nothing unusual for the GI, but Lo & Behold, something on a kidney, so I am seeing a urologist on Wed, this week.

I have to wonder how much of my symptoms have been anxiety related and how much has been poor health?

so I guess me coming off anti d isn't going to happen foe me for a long time. so discouraged

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

Hang in there, lainey. Sending good health wishes your way.....

• 2 months later...

Lainey is the name, I was on here a lot over the last year and gave up on trying to come off the Zoloft, r/I and have been back on it for almost a year. Dr. just keeps increasing my dose without any real relief.

Yesterday I went and spent two hours with a herbalist/acupuncturist......she recommended that I not increase my dose anymore (Dr. last week had me got from 100mg to 150mgs) and we would SLOOOOOOWLY start tapering with her assistance and acupuncture

have any of you tried accu. and have had any success?

I am so tired of this DAMN drug, and now I am addicted to clonazepam also. been on that for over a year. I did cut down 6 months ago from 1.5mg to 1mg of that and have just stayed put with that

Accupuncurist said we will work on getting off Zoloft 1st then battle the clonazepam

any helpful hints, come on I need a cheering section!!!

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

Hi, Lainey. Here's your Intro topic, please bookmark it and add your updates here.

Did going up to 150mg Zoloft help your symptoms?

Yes, acupuncture can be very helpful for withdrawal symptoms. Still, careful tapering is the key. Here's the Zoloft tapering topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/

• 2 months later...

haven't been here in a long time.

not to bore you but I have been trying with all mt might to have Zoloft work for me. It did for many years and then pooped out.

I have weaned all the way off to going back on and upping dose to max. Nothing has worked (I have tried other ssri's also)

so I am sitting here thinking whats the point? I still have anxiety daily and if it simply is not working in the way I need it to then its time to say "bye bye"

so heres the deal I have been back on 50mgs for almost 4 weeks

had been at 100mgs for 9 weeks and started weaning down, got to 25mgs and thought that I was feeling some depression so went back to 50...that's where I am as of today

what is the suggestion for my next move? go down to 37.5mg? and if so for how long?

I might add since I have been gone I had two serious gut infections that has left me with some severe stomach issues, also because of that I now have Fibromyalgia.

I need some real help here because I have not worked in a year due to chronic pain/anxiety.

I also have been on clonazepam for over a year at .5mg BID...please don't judge me, without it I wouldn't even come out of my room.

ok, I am listening...I need all of the sage advice I can get

Edited by Petu
Added member name to title

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

I would never judge anyone taking a benzo....panic is a might strong force in alot of our lives.  I don't know how to taper from zoloft.

I do know that for alot of people getting off a med and then going back on doesn't do the job anymore.  It did happen to me.

so I am sitting here thinking whats the point? I still have anxiety daily and if it simply is not working in the way I need it to then its time to say "bye bye"

I actually had this conversation with a friend yesterday.  In the last few years, I have consistently had anxiety no matter what I took.  Why I don't know.  Many changes and challenges in the last 4 years.  Has this happened to you?  Stressors?

I posted a thread a few days ago wondering if the anxiety at this point in time is a result of medications.  I wonder?

Alto and a few others can give you advise on how to finish up your taper.  Someone should be along shortly.

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Laineyk,

I'm sorry you have been having a difficult time coming off Zoloft, but here you will find some good information and support to help you succeed.

Using medication to deal with the stress and problems of life rarely works long term, often leading to a worse situation in the long run.  At best, it can sometimes provide a temporary relief of symptoms, but I don't think they were ever meant to be taken long term. 

We usually recommend starting with a reduction of 10% every 4 weeks.  Here is a link to our tips for tapering off Zoloft:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/?hl=zoloft

The tapering information on this site has been put together through the collected experiences of many people successfully coming off their medications.

Now that you have been back on 50mg for 4 weeks, how are you feeling?  Do you have any symptoms?

Its best to wait until you are free from symptoms and generally feeling well, before beginning a taper.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing, you will get a lot of friendly help and support here.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi Lainey, I remember you from your previous postings...nice to see you again :). Where are things with your gut now? More and more research seems to come out on the relationship between the gut and the brain.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

• Administrator

Hi, Lainey. I merged your topics. Only one Intro topic to a customer. Please bookmark this topic and put your updates in it -- no matter how many times you try to go off Zoloft!

We're still recommending the 10% decrease per month. Zoloft still comes in a liquid.

I feel exactly the way I did On 100mgs and 25mg and 37.5 mgs, nothing changes....anxious all the time and brain fog bad.

My gut is horrible and so trying to aide that with some new supplements.

Dr. would like me to try Cymbalata for fibromyalgia, but then I would be starting all over with yet another drug.

Dr. says that because my gut has been so damaged that that may be why the Zoloft no longer works like it used to...who knows, all I do know is that this is ridiculous living like this.

whenever I have increased the dose my hands tremble all day long, really bad...that in it self can NOT be a good thing

I believe that Zoloft has left my brain FRIED!!!!!!

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Petu: you are med free?????  I am so jealous, how are you doing? Guess I should go look for your story and find out how you survived.

anxiety is #1 issue, depression is secondary to that, what was your story

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

What is your daily symptom pattern in relation to when you take Zoloft and clonazepam? Keeping notes on paper helps a lot.

You might try Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS diet) for radical gut help.

I come from a bad gene background, but I took Prozac for years, then developed mania on Cymbalta when the dr. was determined to "fix" my fibromyalgia. Gia posted that she has heard of many fibromyalgia sufferers who did the same thing with norepinephrine uptake inhibitors.

56 years old

• Administrator

At the very least, take probiotics for gut problems.

altostrata, I do keep a journal, have been for years. Not sure what you mean with symptom "pattern"?  I wake with anxiety and gut hurting. Take the clonazepam around 9:00am and anxiety goes to a "2" out of 10

I wrestle with underlying anxiety all day long though and feeling completely washed out at the same time.

Take my Zoloft at 8:00pm and then the next cloni at 10:00pm

the clonazepam makes me feel tired and depressed, thinking of switching to xanax

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

I am wondering if you have rebound or adverse effects from clonazepam as well.

• Moderator Emeritus

Petu: you are med free?????  I am so jealous, how are you doing? Guess I should go look for your story and find out how you survived.

anxiety is #1 issue, depression is secondary to that, what was your story

Yes, I'm med free, but only because its too late for me to go back in time, reinstate and taper properly.  I'm in protracted withdrawal and can't do anything but take care of myself the best I can, survive and wait for time to heal.  I'm doing better now than I was a year ago.

I didn't have depression, went on Zoloft for anxiety, then the depression kicked in, but I didn't make the connection. 

Once my nervous system became destabilized from withdrawal, I started to get bad rebound anxiety from Xanax, so as Alto mentioned, you might want to consider how the clonazepam is effecting you.

Link to my story is here:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4278-petu-recovering-from-13-years-of-antidepressant-use/

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 3 weeks later...

this will be day 6 of going to 25mgs Zoloft and day 4 of switching to Xanax.

This is not going to be any fun. I will say the washed out feeling is now just replaced with more anxiety, I am taking less of the Xanax then prescribed. But its hard not to want to pop more for relief.

I am prescribed .5mgs TID of Xanax and I am taking .25mg BID and .5mg at night

Yesterday was by far the worst day since coming down to 25mgs Zoloft, does it ususally take a week before you really start feeling the w/d effects from each drop?

My Dr. wanted me to then after 2 weeks at 25mg just start Cymbalta...Hubby says "NO" he wants me off this stuff more than I do.

So I guess I will be back on here a lot now that I am really in the throws of this mess..

Please bare with me and I cherish the responses, I truly do.

God Bless

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Oh, Ms. Lainey, have you calculated out the percentage drop??? Not that I should be talking, given how I've tapered, but if you want to succeed despite all the complexities of your history, you might have to go at Alto's suggested rate. Pulling for you!

56 years old

yes I won't be dropping that dramatically anymore, but I just don't have the cognitive thinking at this point (have fibro fog on top of all this) to be able to calculate how to go to making it liquid etc.

so I guess this is my plan and please Alto, chime in, I am going to stay on 25mg for 2 weeks and then go to 12.5mg for another two weeks and then take 12.5mg every other day for two weeks.

is that too fast? I can't stand this feeling but when I go slower it doesn't seem to mater...I never "stabilize" at any of these doses.

someone mentioned that Benadryl can help with the symptoms (off balanced/dizzy) is that contraindicated with taking Xanax?

I am going to stay with the Xanax for a long time, so please no one tell me the evils of it, I know I know I know!!!!!  but I need to get off the Zoloft first.

also what do ppl do for depression if not taking antidepressents? My depression is secondary to my anxiety.

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Administrator

We're still recommending the 10% decrease per month. Zoloft still comes in a liquid.

At the very least, take probiotics for gut problems.

lainey, your tapering schedule is too fast. Skipping doses to taper is a particularly bad plan. This was a disaster for you before, remember?

We've discussed, over and over, your habit of jumping around in dosage. This adds to your symptoms, which are from your previous jumping around in dosage. Stop jumping around in dosage.

this will be day 6 of going to 25mgs Zoloft and day 4 of switching to Xanax.

Please DO NOT EVER change the dosage of two drugs at once!!!!!! You won't know which is causing problems should you get withdrawal symptoms.

I've read your entire topic over again. It seems you ask advice here when you're feeling poorly, but you don't follow it. Then you come back when you're feeling poorly, ask advice, and don't follow it.

Why ask advice? If you want to do it your own way, do it your own way. Taper any way you wish. Please don't ask what I think of it.

If you want to go off Zoloft any which way, and you choose to cope with withdrawal syndromes, read topics in the Symptoms and Self-care forum http://tinyurl.com/3hq949z

and do what you think is best.

Alto; Please except my apology. You are absolutely right. I just read this past whole posts and I can not believe how I have been. Some kinda lunatic for sure.

I made a promise to God, my husband, myself and to YOU that I am going to follow your reccomendations...I journal and just pulled out the last years, all I do is do whatever I want bACK AND FORTH BACK AND FORTH , have felt like CRAP the entire time.

So I changed to Xanax because that's what the Doctor told me to do......sorry

Ok so here I am "putty in your palm", I will check out getting the liquid Zoloft. I WILL stay put for at least 4 weeks (not two) and then I will go to the 10% drop.

Unless of course you think I should go to 37.5 for a couple weeks....oh my stupid question...shut up Lainey!!!!!

so I am at your mercy because I am and have been a pain in the %$#.  Again I ask that you forgive me and please keep giving me support.

My husband says "enough, this is it, no more of this. You are getting off this poison once and for all and I will be here for you every step of the way"

Got to Love him.

Hope you will respond since I deserved to be told to get with the program.

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

Oh and I have been on a rather expensive probiotic for awhile now, also I have bone broth everyday for lunch, so my gut is actually healing. Only thing that has so far

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

Lainy, forget the time span for now, don't think of how many weeks, but HOW YOU FEEL.

I had to hold for 7 months between drops at one stage, because I had to wait until I was

stable with no great waves for around 2 months. If you think 4 weeks, then you get a wave

at 3 weeks it would be folly to take a drop at that point and send you back  into withdrawal.

Now you've made your mind up to do this right you have to learn to listen to what your body

is telling you. Stay as you are, as long as it takes, then start to taper again. 

You have a very supportive and understanding husband, I wish all partners were so

good! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible