Sandy Hook massacre Who/what messed up Adam Lanza's brain?

mammaP

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many victims of these horrendous events, including the perpetrator. 

brain/5360186www.globalresearch.ca/the-sandy-hook-massacre-the-official-cover-up-continues-who-andor-what-messed-up-adam-lanzas- 

Sorry, link didn't work

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks compsport, it is disheartening and makes me so sad for everyone involved :(

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I've seen someone "diagnosis" Lanza with schizophrenia off the vague, losely tied evidence we have. I would like to know what psych drugs he was taking, and I'd love a dialogue about how these drugs kill any ability to feel connected, to care about people and things and one's self, etc. But I also think the answer may just be that some people are sociopaths (if that's the right word) and enjoy torturing and murdering innocents and take pleasure in what is commonly considered perverse, sick subject matters.

Tapering Zoloft, Dec 2014

Started Lamictal

Re-started Zoloft mid-Oct 2014, 25-50mg

Stopped Zoloft end of Sept 2014

Started Zoloft July 2014, 50mg

Stopped Prozac from 3mg May 2014

Stopped Effexor Dec '13 Started 10mg Prozac

Reinstated Effexor 15mg on Nov 2013

Stopped from 21mg on Oct 2013
Effexor 112.5mg, since Dec 2012

Hi Finn,

You make a great point that some people are just plain evil and there are just no extenuating circumstances.

But in Lanza's case, I haven't read anything that suggested people were concerned he was headed towards evil. His mom seemed to be concerned about his alleged AS issues and fact he was greatly isolating himself  in his room.

That is why I wonder about the role of psych meds, particularly since folks with AS can be quite sensitive to them.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

He may have been isolating himself in his room because he felt rejected by society or like he just wasn't meant to be a part of the outside world.

I don't think the mom is getting enough blame here. There was a Frontline, I think, episode about his life, and it showed her as fickle about what services he got. Plus, I'm sure she was controlling and possesive of him, which would break something in anyone's brain. Their's can't have been a healthy relationship. And she gave him access to guns.

Tapering Zoloft, Dec 2014

Started Lamictal

Re-started Zoloft mid-Oct 2014, 25-50mg

Stopped Zoloft end of Sept 2014

Started Zoloft July 2014, 50mg

Stopped Prozac from 3mg May 2014

Stopped Effexor Dec '13 Started 10mg Prozac

Reinstated Effexor 15mg on Nov 2013

Stopped from 21mg on Oct 2013
Effexor 112.5mg, since Dec 2012

There's too many unanswered questions about this. Using the words "mentally ill" always causes a buzz in the media.

When reading about the author Kelly O'Meara I found this: Evelyn Pringle's "SSRI-Induced Akathisia's Link to Suicide and Violence" in the comment section. Psychiatric drugs caused me to have unbearable Akathisia and it almost drove me bonkers with it's relentlessness. I had no idea at the time what Akathisia was and that the very drugs I was taking was causing it.

If Adam in his fragile state was on these type drugs than I do have to wonder?

Unable at this time to correspond by private message.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

My Success Story is listed under "Aria's Recovery".

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with everyone, there are some people that are just bad, without conscience 

and get kicks by hurting others. but like Aria I don't get this with Adam. A lot of bad

things are done by people under the influence of hard drugs that they have taken

willingly to get some form of high from them, or  trip,buzz, whatever terms are used.

Now it's becoming clear that prescription drugs have been taken by many of the

people who are doing some of these horrendous things. Those drugs are just as bad

IMO.

Many times I read of someone who has done something terrible and there has been a 

sentence in the reports that he/she had not taken their medication. That makes most 

people think their illness has taken over. They are then detained indefinitely and forcibly

medicated. That makes me very sad because I know about withdrawal from my own

experience and know how I've felt like I was going to go crazy. No I wouldn't have done

anything to hurt anyone else but can imagine how someone could be driven to lose 

their mind if stressed enough in withdrawal. Once they are stabilised they then have to

live with what they have done for the rest of their lives, when just maybe, they were just as

fed up with side effects as we all are/have been 

I haven't heard very much about his family life, maybe that contributed too. I feel very deeply

for everyone, those parents who lost children, everyone who lost their lives, I' pray for them all,

including him.

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm unclear that "Adam" is a real person, and that Sandy Hook was anything more than an exercise that got picked up by the media and exploded out of proportion before it could be contained, so they "went with" the scenario in question. 

There was a "father" in camo fleeing the school in the woods.

There are videos of people circling in and around the fire station all day to make it look "busy." 

Call me paranoid, maybe I watch too much YouTube.  But I question the reality of this event, having seen one of the fathers, the Sheriff, and other people "acting" in emergency response scenarios - in the neighborhood, one of them in Sandy Hook itself.  

It's EASY easy easy to blame it on mental illness.  Conveniently, the mother is "dead" so we cannot learn more about how "Adam's" treatment went.  I'm not saying that what I've said here is the truth - or what you have said above is the truth.  I'm just saying that, in my mind, there is enough doubt to question what we are being told.

Heard that before?   ;)

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

First off, there is report published by the State of Connecticut that Adam Lanza was diagnosed with Asperger's, according to the final report at page 34:

http://www.ct.gov/csao/lib/csao/Sandy_Hook_Final_Report.pdf

What actually set him off, to me, is not evident in the report. The only thing I can speculate on is that there was some sort of strife in his home life.

Lest one may think that those of us that are diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder are ticking time bombs, think again. Look at some of the more successful people on the spectrum (Robin Williams, Steven Spielberg, Dr. Temple Grandin, James Taylor, John Denver, Darryl Hannah, Albert Einstein, former US VP Albert Gore, etc. are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.)

Believe me when I tell you this has a lot of people on the spectrum up in arms.

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

Is this the report that says they won't release info on his toxicology screen because "it might cause some people to stop their psych meds"?  So very, very wrong.  If we won't even let the truth be released, how can people ever learn from it?  He could have been anywhere on any spectrum, including normalcy,  with any kind of parents, and snapped on meds.  Or not...it appears we'll never know.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

All I have to say is:  read Peter Breggin.

Medication Madness or Your Drug May Be Your Problem are good places to start.

Psychiatric drugs cause all kinds of violent, aggressive urges and behavior. This has been extensively documented and the information has been just as extensively suppressed.  

I don't think it's an accident that we're having such an increase in mass shootings at the same time that we've had this increase in the prescribing of ADs and other psych drugs--handed out routinely, commonly, frequently, in response to pretty much any kind of complaint (stress, insomnia, disobedient teenagers, etc.)

People with autism spectrum disorders (including Asperger's) are very frequently put on psych drugs.

I don't think there's much of a question about this. Not in my mind, anyway. 

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy