Hopefull: suffering from PGAD

Hopefull

Hi Hopeful.    I'm wondering if the " changeover" from Soltab to generic , was part of the problem . What are you on now ? You changed on the 23rd March ,  approximately 2 weeks ago , with " leftover " ?

How is the measuring going ? 

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi ChessieCat,

Thank you for stopping by my thread.

Thank you for the links.

I have noticed that I can not have anything containing orange oil, peel.

The other day I had chocolate v containing orange oil and I felt so anxious afterwards, bordering on rage.

I think that citrus oils interact with Mitrazapine.

Increasing side effects.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hopeful, thank you for your post on my thread. I was not here for three months, so I did not know. I am sorry. How are you doing? Any progress? How is continuing your healing? When you have time, then write.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Hi Martina and AliG,

The same old thing every day.

Just trying to get through each day.

Some days are better than others.

Sick and tired of this crap.

I hope that you are doing well.

Thank you for stopping by my thread.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• 2 months later...

I have been feeling not that great for the last couple of days.

Last night I had such horrible anxiety that I felt nauseous.

It is really hard to know which is Zoloft wds and Mirtazapine wds.

I'm still experiencing spasams and twitchings every time I make a drop.

I am still on 4mg of Mitrazapine and have made a drop from 4.5mg to 4mg 29th of May.

I'm still experiencing weird head feelings.

This symptom comes and goes.

How long is this going to go on for?

It will be 3 years in November since I had Zoloft reaction and I'm still not fully recovered.

Can someone please tell me if my tapper off Mirtazapine is taking too long compared to the amount of time I was on Mitrazapine?

I was on Mitrazapine for 9 months and it has taken me 20 months to get down to 4mg.

The way I am going it is going to take me at least until February of next year to come off Mirtazapine completely. By then it will be 26 months. I hope that I'm making sense. Thank you, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

If I ask the health commission to restrict my former GP to prescribing antidepressants, am I being an a**ehole?

This might sound like a stupid question.

DRUG HISTORY:

I finally sent my letter to the Health Commission.

DRUG HISTORY:

Hopeful, I hope that it will go well with your letter. I have such a sh*tty day today. It showed itself that the person who wanted to buy my pictures was a deceiver, I found out when I spoke with paypal as something seemed strange to me. And I spoke today with this agency where I wanted to complain about Lyrica, I wanted to ask if they accept expert statement from Dr. Breggin and Healy and they seemed so uninterested about this whole case. She almost started to argue with me "that we have experts enough in Austria, why do we need an expert statement from abroad. Oh, yes, I can imagine these experts, surely they know nothing, only this what big pharma told them...So you are not the only one who feels sh*tty. I think the world does not want to be changed. Maybe we should really take care of ourselves because actually noone other cares especially by the state.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Hi Martina,

Sorry to hear that the person tried to rip you off!

You would not think that people would do that when purchasing art work.

It is a good thing that you are with PayPal.

I sent my letter yesterday and I hope that I will be heard.

I could not let my former GP get away with it.

Not sure if anything would come out of it.

Do you have a Health Commission or a governing body that deals with complaints against doctors in Austria?

It is up to you wheather you want to go down that road.

But if you can, why not?

If we don't speak up nothing will ever change.

If the Health Commission does not help me, I will take it further.

The way I look at it that I don't know what the future holds for me.

I don't know how long it will take for me to recover.

I don't know when I will be able to go back to work.

If I don't do something about it and I end up with a permanent brain damage, what then?

There is time limit on how long after the event you can make a claim or a complaint.

I would encourage you to think about it.

Best wishes to you Martina, HOPEFULL. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in 3 years I feel a little bit acknowledged that what I am going through is real.

It was really nice to hear this from a PDOC. He also acknowledged that some people develop hypersensitivity to drugs and other things after taking antidepressants.

This was music to my ears.

He is referring me to a proffesor that is an expert in drugs.

I hope that he can help me.

Last night I experienced weird tremors/jerks, 30-40min after taking mitrazapine and weird head feelings.

This seems to happen when I am lying down.

I can'tdeal with the weird head/body feelings. It was really nice to hear Dr reffer to what I am going through as a Discontinuation Syndrome.

I have never heard other pdoc's that I have seen reffer to this as a Discontinuation Syndrome.

I feel better that I am finally acknowledged and that I am not going mad.

DRUG HISTORY:

Hey Hopefull glad that you found some inner peace with the validation of the discontinuation syndrome from the doctor, such a relief I bet. This process would be a little easier if this condition was recognized and got the proper care. Little by little there is more awareness about this issue like Benzo Awareness Day, a bill that hopefully pass here in the US, and support groups. This experience it's extremely surreal that nobody can make up. Try not to get upset about new symptoms, I have gotten new symptoms late in wd momentarily and now they are gone. The symptoms ebb and flow. I wish you well ps22...

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Hi Purplestars22,

Thank you so much for your support. I totally agree that this condition needs to be acknowledged and proper care provided.

Have you experienced tremors/jerks upon taking your ad dose?

I am,trying not to worry, but it is hard and testing at times.

I think that it is great that you have a Benzo Awareness Day. There should be also an Antidepressant Awareness Day.

Hopefully things will change in the future.

Thank you, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

Hey Hopefull, I did not experience tremors or jerks while I was taking Celexa. I only experienced that in wd, when I was off the meds I experienced jerks while falling asleep. I rarely get them only If I am under a lot of stress. I agree hopefully things will change and there being more awereness. Ps22

Celexa free 12/2013

Hi Purplestars,

I also tend to get these weird tremors before falling asleep.

It scares me sometimes.

I have not had the tremors last night.

I hope that you are doing well.

Thank you for stopping by, Purplestars.

:)

DRUG HISTORY:

• 2 months later...

Hopefull, thanks for asking about me. How are you doing? Have you made any changes to your Mirtazapine dosage? Are you still getting tremors after taking a dose?

Must be a relief that you were able to get in touch with a pdoc. Was this a result of the letter you sent to the Health Commission? Have you gotten in touch with the professor?

Prescribed:

Sertraline HCl (Zoloft) (25 mg - 1 pill) for anxiety - took from October 2012 to September 2013; tapered over the last month or so with the smallest dose being approximately quarter of a pill/6.25 mg

Trazodone (50 mg) for sleep/anxiety - took from September 2012 to February (roughly) 2013, then 25 mg from March 2013 through August 2013; tapered over 3-4 weeks or so over the last month of consumption

Zolpidem tartrate (Ambien) (10 mg) for sleep "as needed" - only took three of these total (terrible rebound anxiety the next day)

Please I need help and advice.

I have accidentally run of Mitrazapine.

This has never happened to me before.

It means I will have to skip a dose. In the 2 years of tappering I have been very consistent and I have never skipped a dose.

What do I do tomorrow morning?

Is this likely to cause issues for me?

I am scared. I always take my meds at night before bed.

Do I take the same 3.5mg as usual.

Will I have a bad reaction from skipping one dose?

Thank you, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus

Just take your next dose at the same time tomorrow (today).  Your symptoms will tell you whether this had any effect, so please take notes on paper about them for the next 4-7 days.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

One missed dose shouldn't cause much trouble. There may be a slight uptick in symptoms but that will sort itself out in a few days after you get back on track. The biggest thing is to not be scared about it. Mental outlook will cause more trouble than actually missing the dose.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

hopefull, hi!

thanks for taking the time to stop in and offer your kind words - i always appreciate hearing from you and checking in to see how you are doing.

oh, and i concur with brass all the way. i've missed a dose here and there before and it is always the panic over missing the dose that has caused me the real issue.

hang in there,

dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

Thank you all for stopping by my thread and I appreciate your support.

I was panicking because I didn't realize that I have run out of Mitrazapine. I

On the internet I found a pharmacy near me that was open until 12:00am.

I rang them up and luckily they had Mitrazapine, Soltab in stock.

I was so releived that there was a pharmacy near me that was open until 12:00am.

My local pharmacy is only open until 7:00pm and other pharmacies are open until 9:00pm.

It was 11:15pm and I thought, what do I do now?

I was even prepared to go to the hospital and get Mitrazapine.

As I drove to the pharmacy late at night, I felt like a drug addict looking for a fix.

I was really scared to miss a dose incase I go back to square 1.

I felt releived when I got home.

Dave it is really nice to hear from you too.

I always wonder how you are doing and whether you have maniged too get off Mirtazapine.

It is always nice to hear how people are doing.

It is encouraging.

I feel that the worst is behind me, at least I hope so.

Thank you brassmonkey, and scallywag.for your advice.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus

hopefull, hey.

i'm really happy to hear you found a pharmacy with extended hours, and that you were able to "score your fix." i can completely relate to feeling like a desperate addict looking to procure my poison of choice. we know what free-fall feels like and we don't want to take that ride. that said, truly - the worst part of a single missed dose of mirtazapine i have found is the sheer panic when i realize i have done it. i've done it only a couple times. something like that would not send you back to square one in any real way - perhaps on an very temporary emotional level, but it wouldn't affect your underlying healing.
i'm glad to hear you report that you feel that the worst is behind you. those are solid words.
you've been through a lot and you are starting to reap the benefits of the patience and determination you've displayed. hang in there, and keep up the good work.

dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

Happy ending to that experience. I'm glad everything worked out.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hopefull, glad you obtained more Mirtazapine, just one missed dose would not set you back to square 1. It's a journey, 3.5 mg will turn into less when the time is right and you feel stable. Just take it one day at a time.

Prescribed:

Sertraline HCl (Zoloft) (25 mg - 1 pill) for anxiety - took from October 2012 to September 2013; tapered over the last month or so with the smallest dose being approximately quarter of a pill/6.25 mg

Trazodone (50 mg) for sleep/anxiety - took from September 2012 to February (roughly) 2013, then 25 mg from March 2013 through August 2013; tapered over 3-4 weeks or so over the last month of consumption

Zolpidem tartrate (Ambien) (10 mg) for sleep "as needed" - only took three of these total (terrible rebound anxiety the next day)

Thank you, Dave, Brassmonkey and Tjs19!

I appreciate your support.

Hugs back to you all! :).

DRUG HISTORY:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Hopefull, thank you for stopping by my thread. So glad you were able to pick up your medication because even one missed dose you could feel the wd effects. How are you doing now? Is there any improvements on your wd symptoms? Hope you have moments of peace today, ps22

Celexa free 12/2013

Hi Purplestars22,

It nice to hear from you.Thank you for stopping by my thread. I am doing okay. Living each day as it comes. I still have my moments but I am looking forward to getting off Mirtazapine.

I am down to 3 mg and I have been on this dose for about 2 weeks. Sometimes before falling asleep, thoughts get intertwined and I am not sure whether it really happened or I was dreaming. It is really weird. Has this happened to you?

This symptom comes and goes.

I still get weird chest feeling coinsiding with dreams. My heart feels really weird

I have not had those weird body quackes for a while.

The end is in sight not too long to go before I am free from Mitrazapine.

DRUG HISTORY:

Hopefull, glad you are doing good. Wow congrats on getting to 3mg on a low dose you are almost in the finish line. But remeber also slow and steady gets the job done with minimal or not as severe symptoms. That has happened to me a while back, like going from sleeping (unconscious) to being still awake and vivid thoughts floating by. It's a disturbing wd symptom don't let it bother you though it will dissipate. Have you gotten your heart checked? Also magnesium may help. Hang in there, you will get trough wd soon. Ps22

Celexa free 12/2013

Hi Purplestars22,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

In regards to the vivid thoughts it is really weird.

I don't get it all the time, sometimes.

I'm glad I am not the only one.

I know it will pass.

Do you still get weird chest feeling coinsiding with disturbing dreams?

I have not had my heart checked out because it only happens at night if I have a nightmare.

It feels like a stuck heart palpitation, burning feeling.

Really weird. I get it occasionally.

I am slowly getting there.

I am dropping by 0.5mg as recommended on this site.

Hopefully by June/July 2017 I will come off Mirtazapine.

I have calculated that in the 2 years I have swallowed almost 800 Mitrazapine tablets.

Great for the pharmaceutical company, too bad for me and others.

Cheers, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

• 2 months later...

Just a little update. I am currently on 2.5mg of Mitrazapine. Last Friday I accidentally missed a dose and I am experiencing WDS. Weird head feelings, anxiety triggers. I have been doing really well up to that point. I am hoping that I will stabilize by holding this dose for a while. My cut from 3 mg to 2.5mg was on 14th of December. I normally hold for 2 months and cut down by 10%.

It is a bit disheartening as I wait to stabilize. Sometimes I wonder whether the drug is not agreeing with me, since I missed that one dose. I worked really hard to get to this point and I am starting to feel like I have taken a step back. I'm experiencing a bit of head pressure and headache. If I don't stabilize on this dose within a month, what should I do? Thank you. Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

Please someone advise as what I should do.

It is 5:45am, and I am not feeling good.

I'm experiencing weird head feelings like I did in accute WDS. It comes and goes.

I find it distressing because it takes me back when I was feeling at my worst. My question is whether I am having an adverse reaction to Mitrazapine now, since I skipped one dose or just WDS.

I would appreciate feedback.

Thank you, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus

The most likely explanation for your head symptoms is withdrawal. You decreased dose on December 14 by 16%, going from 3 mg to 2.5 mg and missed a dose on January 13. Oddly enough, being consistent can matter more when doses are low than with higher maintenance doses.

3KIS: Keep it slow. Keep it simple. Keep it stable.

Some people are very sensitive to dose changes and missed doses. You could well be one of them. Just give this time, you'll stabilize.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you Scallywag, I really appreciate your feedback.

I have been really consistent and have never skipped a dose until last Friday.

I am hoping that it will soon pass.

It is so weird how skipping one dose can destabilize the whole nervous system.

I know I am extra sensetive.

I thought cutting by 0.5 mg is 10%.

I don't have a problem by cutting by 0.5mg.

I tolerate it well. It is the missed dose that has set me off balance.

If you are cutting by 10% what would be the dose?

Thank you so much. Hopefully.

DRUG HISTORY:

Hi Hopeful

I missed a dose a while ago when trying to stabilise after a too quick taper. It did knock me back a bit but things soon settled and I went on to start tapering slowly.

I get scared too when things get unstable  - I am always terrified that I will go back to square one.

Try to relax and know this will pass. 

Best Wishes

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi Flowers,

Thank you so much for your reassurance, I really appreciate it.

I do get scared when things become unstable, because I have been doing well until recently.

I'm hoping that it will pass in couple of weeks time.

How long did it take you to stabilize after you missed your dose?

It gets tiring dealing with this for so long but I have made it this far.

I wish you all the best too.

Hopefull. XO :)

DRUG HISTORY:

Hi Hopefull

Thanks for visiting my thread and for cheering me on. That support is so welcome. At the moment  I am struggling too after doing so well with my taper so I know exactly how you are feeling.

When I missed the dose I wasn't tapering and as I can't remember too much about it I think things must have settled pretty quickly. I felt stable enough to start my taper very soon afterwards.

I am really trying hard not to get too anxious about the symptoms I have at the moment ( easier said than done I know!)as I know this makes it all worse.

Just try to relax and accept what has happened and know that it will pass when it is ready.

Hugs

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Moderator Emeritus

I thought cutting by 0.5 mg is 10%. I don't have a problem by cutting by 0.5mg.

I tolerate it well. It is the missed dose that has set me off balance.

If you are cutting by 10% what would be the dose?

You take 10% from your current dose. So your next dose reduction is dropping 10% from 2.5 mg.

10% of 2.50 is 0.25, next dose = 2.25 mg.  

10% of 2.25 is 0.22, next dose = 2.03 mg.  

10% of 2.03 is 0.20, next dose = 1.83 mg.  

scallywag's Introduction